• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic COLORS / Colours

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
This game is flat-out amazing.

And the storyline is hilarious.

Sonic's reaction to the nickname 'Baldy Nosehair' was great. XD

"Heheh. I'm totally calling him McNosehair."

finalark

SNORLAX
This game is flat-out amazing.

And the storyline is hilarious.

Sonic's reaction to the nickname 'Baldy Nosehair' was great. XD

"Heheh. I'm totally calling him McNosehair."
I second this. The carefree and simplistic story was a great throwback to times when Sonic wasn't trying to be all serious. I love this game's take on Sonic, casting him as a sarcastic and cocky kind of guy. Plus the banter between Sonic and Robotnick actually feels natural and is really entertaining.

And all of the new voice actors are awesome.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think a little bit of seriousness at times isn't too bad for a series. Then again I think that the series went through a couple of phases.

• Sonic 1 to 4 - Simplest story ever. Just play.
• Sonic Adventure to Shadow the Hedgehog - Extreme!
• Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Didn't Happen. ... Seriously. Storyline wise it didn't happen!
• Sonic Unleashed - Sonic's lone journey to restore the world. Light hearted AND serious. Good balance imo.
• Sonic Colors - Simple story with voices to go behind it, yet it's not silly. WIN!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The story is simple. Eggman's capturing creatures (in this case, aliens) to further his own evil schemes, and it's up to Sonic to stop him. It's both classic and fresh at the same time with the new generation.

This time for a classic tale we've got voice work and character in our, well, characters. It's light hearted and fun, but it doesn't seem 'silly' to me. The kind that makes you go, "..ooookay?" at the storyline for a Sonic game.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Now that I got Neogamma working again, I'm putting Colors back on later so I can get some more red rings.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, I'm a hardcore perfectionist, and... :

Should I beat the game, then go back and get red rings/S rank, or do it as a go?

I've been trying to do it as I go, but it seems I'm lacking certain powerups to get S ranks or Red Rings in the beginning stages. So am I supposed to beat the game and go back and do that stuff?

BSP

Smash Legend
I think so. I just started too, and I'm getting B's at best atm. Need more wisps >_>

finalark

SNORLAX
The only S ranks I've gotten were on some of the bosses while I was playing through the game.

Once you get all of the wisps you should go back and replay the levels, I'm pretty sure that's the only way to get 100%.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah. From what I read it's impossible to get all the red rings/S ranks until you beat the game. That's the replay value of it.

I like this game a lot, and I love how most of it is sidescrolling. My only complaint is Sonic can be hard to control, but the GCN controller makes it TONS easier.

finalark

SNORLAX
I like this game a lot, and I love how most of it is sidescrolling. My only complaint is Sonic can be hard to control, but the GCN controller makes it TONS easier.
My thoughts too. I found that the GCN controller was the best option for this game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I haven't had much trouble with the Wii remote, actually.

It's so much fun to basically play Sonic 1 in Colors. Level 1-1 in Game Land? GHZ Act 1. 4-1? Labyrinth Zone Act 1. 3-2? Scrap Brain Act 1. And so on and so on.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I love the Simulator levels. The music is just awesome.
Anyways, I got my first emerald from 1-3. I need 3 more rings to get 2-3.

EDIT: Only 2 more emeralds :3

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Not to down this game at all, but it coming out when DKCR comes out was bad marketing. I love this game, but between MH Tri and Dckr I've been to busy to play this.

Still, I have to say, this game is great. 50/180 red rings :3

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
What do people find so interesting about Monster Hunting Tri?
It seems boring >.>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Well me and my gf both have a copy, and play online together, so that makes it a lot more fun... you also have to get into it to really like it. If you just play offline for ~10 hours it will not suck you in.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Just got the game yesterday, twas awesome.
Nearly ****ed my pants at the 2nd Planet's 1st stage (the one with ??? Carnival) the graphics just freaking blew **** everywhere.

I disliked the 2-player mode, I really can't get up to my game without my friend screwing up or being left behind and that stun....

Overall it's pretty good, I haven't gotten any S-Ranks yet other than some of the bosses. And lol I always screw up when using the Laser Wisp.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
This game's just too good. Beaten it twice from the beginning, gone back to get all the red rings and Super, and I'm still having fun just playing it. Undeniably a good game, for Sonic and in general.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I'm curious. If you get Super Sonic in this game, do you have to have a steady intake of rings to maintain the form, or do you get to be him as long as you want?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Just the thread I needed.
I only need 10 more rings. Sweet Mountain is the hardest to find rings at >_<

zxeon

Smash Lord
So I'm curious. If you get Super Sonic in this game, do you have to have a steady intake of rings to maintain the form, or do you get to be him as long as you want?
You have to maintain the form with rings and listen to the game's theme blasting from your speakers in an endless loop.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
>.>
<.<
Got the rest of the rings yesterday. Super Sonic is win.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I might be a bit off-topic, but does anyone wanna feel like hacking this thing for custom stages? (Like Phantom Wings doing it on SMG)
I personally hope someone does this, having customs stages rock

*Though I might wanna see a code for 2 player in normal levels first :)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I think co-op works better in 2D rather than 3D for a Sonic game.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
lol multiplayer xD I can just imagine it being a WTF'fest.
If stunning each other in co-op was annoying enough, I can barely make 5 seconds there haha

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If you don't get every red coin and S rank, yes. But replaying the levels can take up some time. Taking a break from DCKR to play this :D

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Colours is so good. I wasn't sure at first with the new jump physics and the whole double jump (which gives you hardly any height lol) but I've realised it's a really really 'fun' and polished game. The power ups are actually really well designed, although the Spike Wisp can be very frustrating to use sometimes. The levels are great, the music is good

The game is soooo fast but slow enough to make it fair. That's what I like about Colours - its a fair and fun game to play. The warning signs you get when you have the hint thing on is really good, helps stop you from zooming straight off the ledge

Ironically, I thought the worst part of Colours was Super Sonic. He's fast but Time is so unimportant when trying to get a high rank. I'd go as far to say he pales in comparison to the powerups - getting around the level layouts is surprisingly difficult without the help of the Colour Wisps. I only really enjoyed using him on the 2nd to last stage when you can blast through things at high speed

I wish there more stages though :/ Increasing stage length wouldn't have worked due to the way the game works but having more stages would have made it that extra special imo

Top Bottom