• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something new and interesting

D

Deleted member

wait we can do roy but not geno because of legal issues?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
wait we can do roy but not geno because of legal issues?
Doesn't roy have a trophy in brawl? Basically, I'm saying we should only use characters that brawl already has the rights for.

Oh, and for roy's sideB... try changing the hittype on it to anything but the slash effect and see if that enables it to clank with stuff. If just making everything fire let it clash with other hitboxes then that would be pretty sweet.

Almas

Smash Lord
The clone code requires the engine codes to be complete. The engine codes are very close to being complete, but will need to be debugged. In order to debug them I will need data codes, which need to be modified to the standards detailed in the engine codes thread.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
PK told me to post my frame requests for Roy here:

Shield Breaker (neutral B) needs to take 1.5x as long to charge but still swing/poke at the same speed. If you could teach me how to edit this, that would be great. I don't know if 1.5x will be too much.

Counter needs to have a high multiplier. Somewhere between 1.3 and 1.5x. Also, here is Marth's data for counter.

Counter
Counter frames: 4-27
End: 59

Here is what I want

Counter frames: 7-20
End: 52

Or something like that. Just a smaller window to counter but have whatever number you remove from the total counter frames removed from the end of the move. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, a code for lower gravity during Over-B would be nice, but I don't know how possible that is.

Thanks a bunch PK.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I like the tradeoff for the slower counter with less frames makes is safer on whiff. I'd like to see that in practice. That said, Roy loses 10 frames of a counter, it starts 3 frames later and ends 7 frames earlier. If it was an even tradeoff, wouldn't the ending be at 49?

D

Deleted member

PK told me to post my frame requests for Roy here:

Shield Breaker (neutral B) needs to take 1.5x as long to charge but still swing/poke at the same speed. If you could teach me how to edit this, that would be great. I don't know if 1.5x will be too much.

Counter needs to have a high multiplier. Somewhere between 1.3 and 1.5x. Also, here is Marth's data for counter.

Counter
Counter frames: 4-27
End: 59

Here is what I want

Counter frames: 7-20
End: 52

Or something like that. Just a smaller window to counter but have whatever number you remove from the total counter frames removed from the end of the move. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, a code for lower gravity during Over-B would be nice, but I don't know how possible that is.

Thanks a bunch PK.
that should be doable.

if there are any moves that charge in B+ and we need them tweaked it will prob work the same as this
(faster charge DK punch, Ike overB etc) some might also be possible to have a higher end level (Ike sideB distance for example)

shanus

Smash Hero
I have a cool idea and not sure if itll work or not.

You might be able to use the conditional action modifier to switch things like tilts and smashes around for new characters. Or even roys special B. Its like a psuedo move swap method within a character.

D

Deleted member

nice idea
I would love to have only part of my tilts on the C-stick, think about the options..

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
this might be an idea to play around with later on. But right now we should focus on trying to balance the characters already in the game. Instead of trying to add more.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
cape that's really cool if you can do this :)

EDIT: BUT, I was speaking to bum today, and he said that the brawl+ project is taking too long and that people are gonna forget about it. He's right; we should focus on finishing everything and then work on a side project like this :(

Top Bottom