• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
Dude, get it. Although you should put more emphasis on really KNOWING the chick than really LIKING the chick. Anybody can make someone like them...
Well, I do REALLY know her...
I mean... We could get to know each other more... but...
Oh, nevermind... lol

Thanks anyways :3

Smash Master
So in general, when I find myself sexually attracted to a guy I'm friends with, how do I tactfully ask him if he's gay and if he wants to go further?

Scott!

Smash Lord
Okay, I have something...

I feel like a may be too skinny -___-

I'm 16...
and I weight 126...
Sad face...

My girl always makes jokes about how skinny I am...
I know she's just playing with me...
But I feel like "I" need to get a little more meat on me...

I eat alot, like...
I mean, alot!

Chicken, Beef...
All that good stuff,
I work out...

And nothing seems to happen...
Any ideas?

I don't wanna get fat...
Just wanna get some meaton my bones :D

and another thing...

My girl is on vacation right now, So I won't see her til Sunday...
I decided to be a little romantic and get her flowers... White roses, white orchids (her favorite) and some blue filler flower thing... Dolphiniums or something...

Well, anyways... We've only been going out for like... 2 1/2 weeks...
But we really like each other...
REALLY REALLY like each other...

When I got the flowers, my dad got pissed at me and said...
"WHY DO YOU NEED TO GET HER FLOWERS! SHE'S JUST TRYING TO SEE WHAT SHE CAN GET FROM YOU!"

Like he's trying to make me look at the bad in her...

So...
Should I have gotten the flowers?
She never asked for em', I did this out of my own free will...

I'm going to hang out with her on the day she gets back as well, just cause I miss her so much...

But yeah, why is my dad being a downer, and should I have gotten the flowers?
Ladies? Help me! O_O

and guys as well, lol
While I think it's a pretty sweet gesture that you got flowers, if she's not gonna be back for almost a week, I wouldn't have gotten them yet. They probably won't keep too well, and will be past their prime by the time you get to give them to her. Then again, I know next to nothing about flowers. :laugh: Either way, it's sweet. She'll probably love it, and give you a big hug when she sees you with them.

As far as your dad, he probably got used by some girl at some point in his life when he was trying to be nice. He sounds a bit bitter. He just doesn't want you to get hurt like he possibly did.

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
While I think it's a pretty sweet gesture that you got flowers, if she's not gonna be back for almost a week, I wouldn't have gotten them yet. They probably won't keep too well, and will be past their prime by the time you get to give them to her. Then again, I know next to nothing about flowers. :laugh: Either way, it's sweet. She'll probably love it, and give you a big hug when she sees you with them.

As far as your dad, he probably got used by some girl at some point in his life when he was trying to be nice. He sounds a bit bitter. He just doesn't want you to get hurt like he possibly did.
Oh, i didn't buy em yet, lol
I gotta get em when they come in on Saturday
Posting from a Wii is hard x_x

Smash Journeyman
Stabby here from school, I'm just gonna say typing up word documents for a class is the dumbest idea ever! Why the hell people feel the need to regulate crap like this?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
The fact that MLG is a bunch of **** sell-outs and now there are two big stupid ads at the top of my page...

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I have lost almost all hope in passing my Chemistry, and regret not just taking Physics instead. Today I took my third exam ( 5 total exams in the whole semester) on the class, and I had so much freaking trouble even getting to the end of the exam. I even studied for the test as well D:

I only got a D, and a C on the last two exams, and I just feel so lost now.

I may drop it by next week, and just try to take it next semester, or in Summer Vacation when I have more free time to focus on Chemistry. Not to mention I think this class is making it hard for me to keep up with my other classes.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I hate (emphasis on hate) high school teachers. They don't give two ****s about us (the students) unless they are the "personal favorite".

Mewter

Smash Master
Homework is pretty tough and band steals a lot of my time (and I mean a LOT of it). It's fun, but it takes practically 10 hours every week on average and I'm not exactly that great at it.
I've been practicing my instrument for over 5 years now, and I'm wondering if I should just quit band altogether or stick to it.
What do you think I should do?

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
10 hours a week won't get you better fast at playing an instrument. You need like 3 hours of practice every day. If you can't commit, don't epect yourself to be amazing.

Mewter

Smash Master
10 hours a week won't get you better fast at playing an instrument. You need like 3 hours of practice every day. If you can't commit, don't epect yourself to be amazing.
That's the problem. I don't think I can commit. :(
Practicing and playing my instrument isn't exactly fun for me anymore (band can be, but my playing stinks). I'm wondering if I should just stop and do something else with the time I'm potentially wasting on it.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Guys, I have a problem.

Whenever I walk around and see an inflatable Halloween decoration, a part of me dies.

They are the UGLIEST **** thing in the world. I want to deflate them with devious means...

They are taking over the street, and I want to kill them.

Why do they exist? These horrible creations.

They make my eyes cry streams of blood.

They make me contemplate suicide.

IT IS AN INFECTION!

THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
I hate (emphasis on hate) high school teachers. They don't give two ****s about us (the students) unless they are the "personal favorite".
I know from personal experience that I have a lot of great teachers - they care about their students, they volunteer for the school, and they hold help sessions and stuff. I'll agree that there are a lot of bad teachers out there, and it sucks to get them.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
:confused::confused::Well next year I'm going back too school, and really I'm not ready for school i didnt really liked hight school cuz of the kids and my mom is so in my face about it, my brothers and sisters or docters and other big names and i still don't know what i want do with my life or what i wanna do with my life right now, I'm just home doing nothing I'm pretty lame i read alot of books never gos out dont have much friends my dog muffin is one of my best friends and i like dogs more then people:ohwell:>_< i just needed too say that, Ahhh i really much better, wish i could a tell my mom that she wouldn't listen anyway she thinks shes always RIGHT:(:(

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm pissed now... :mad:
and I think I need your help...

Okay, so, if you've read things from me before...
You'd know about m girl, and how she is on vacation...
and how I can't see her til Sunday...

Well, since she's not exactly, computer savvy, we've been talking over Youtube (ghetto, I know...)
Well, before she left, she made 9 messages for me, 1 for everyday she is gone...
I was supposed to read each one, day by day...
and respond...

But, since I have a laptop, and a home computer...
I log onto Youtube from both of em'...
So, my SmurfyEXE Profile is logged on to both of em...

Well, after I got done looking at my DA I refreshed my Youtube page and was gonna reply to todays message...
But, when I refreshed, it told me I had no new messages...
It should've said, 3 New Messages, since I hadn't opened, Friday, Saturday or Sunday

I started freaking out a little...
I went to the front computer...
To find my self llogged on, and with Sunday's message open, and read...

My dad went sifting through ALL of my messages...
I don't know why he's so nosy...
I don't know why he had to do that...
I'm so mad right now...

This is the maddest I've ever been...

I don't know what to do...
If I confront him, he'll tell me to get over it, he'll tell me that she's just trying to use me...
She's not...
I don't know what to do...

I've been trying to keep from logging onto the home computer...

But he still somehow logs on...

WHY CAN'T HE MIND HIS OWN ****ING BUSINESS!

Acutally, I bet he's gonna read this when he gets home...
I hope he does...

Why...?
It was supposed to be something a little special for me and her...
and then he came by...

I haven't read ahead...
I'm still staying on the day that i'm supposed to be on...

Why would he do that......

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I feel really disconnected from my parents. And it's not just the distance I am from them, being in college halfway across the state and all. It's just that... well, my parents are, quite frankly, more combative (hopefully I'm using the right word...) about the state of things than I am. They are, as of this last year, Republican, and to some extent fit the stereotype:

They're racially conscious. While I am to some extent, I'm going to judge based on actions of the individual. To my dad, though, the poor construction of most furniture is due to the Chinese not actually caring about their work. >.>

They don't like Obama. I personally am a bit mixed myself. I just prefer to stay out of it, honestly, but it's kinda hard when your parents are going to make biting remarks about it continuously. Heck, half of my emails from my dad are no longer enjoyable funnies but Republican propaganda place under the "funny" label.

And then there's the seniority act they pulled when they came up here to visit (see my post a few pages back about my roommate telling them to turn the TV down).

It's just hard to talk to them. And it's made worse by my mom recently getting a hip replacement, meaning that it means even MORE to them if I call, considering my mom is having to recover from it and whatnot.

I can't debate politics because I'm your stereotypical ignorant American, but this is more personal than political. And I can't really tell them I'm tired of hearing it but I'll probably just get the motto of "we all need to take our country back so we need to be heard and we won't let you suppress us any longer and blah blah blah" stuff not to mention the "how could you do this your mother is sick" argument.

EDIT: Another thing that's bothering me is I'm on a turning-myself-around streak in terms of school and I'm still faaaaaaaar behind where I need to be. Oddly enough, when I "failed" my film exam I actually did well (91/100) and when I felt confident about my graphics exam I actually failed it (34/60). So... weird stuff, although I'm incredibly worried about graphics because part of my catching up involves doing 1 1/2 assignments in about 4 days, unless I can beg for more time.

Smash Journeyman
God, I want to change my school schedule so much. Signing up for 11 periods, AP History, and Honors English was a dumb move, I have like absolutely no spare time now. In fact, school in general sucks. The cliques, the people and the enviroment you talk to them in, all the girls are into jocks, all the guys are jocks, and all that pressure to conform. Dump the workload on that and you get one of the demographics most likely to commit suicide.

And I hate over zealous boyfriends and girlfriends who won't let their partner talk to the opposite sex, they're just needlessly depriving their partner and others of friendship.

Mewter said:
That's the problem. I don't think I can commit.
Practicing and playing my instrument isn't exactly fun for me anymore (band can be, but my playing stinks). I'm wondering if I should just stop and do something else with the time I'm potentially wasting on it.
Personally, I think that if you don't have a natural talent for it, you got to have a passion for it, a genuine desire to master it. Otherwise, drop it.

pikafire87

Smash Rookie
Yes, im glad this thread exists (just got onto swf like two days ago lol)

Something has been bothering me lately....
I'm bored of life. Bored of everything it has to offer. When I started feeling like this. i did almost anything that could get me killed to seek some thrill.
Skydiving, White water rafting, snowboarding on the black diamond as a beginner, scuba diving with sharks (LEMON SHARKS...WEAK) etc.
Yet, even with all these, i still feel empty and bored.

WHY IS THAT?!

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Well, the deed has been done. My dog is pushing daisies because there wasn't much of a chance to recover from distemper.

What have I learned today? Life is pretty unfair. It gives us opportunities, but we still lose something along the way. We love, we mourn, we move on towards the next thing.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I wish life were more worth living. Seriously, why do I bother?

I suck at almost everything I do, and everything is boring. I feel depressed a lot more often nowadays. I almost never can make friends. I know I'll always be nothing but a worthless loser. I get ignored all the time, especially on the internet (only nine views on my Ustream channel by only one friend, and nobody takes the time to look at my videos if I ask them to).

Smashboards is getting old for me too. My friends and I don't do the cool fun stuff here we used to do.

Mewter

Smash Master
I've got a talent for it (I can get the rhythm and notes down more quickly than most of the others in my band) and can memorize something quickly (like a section for example) if I set my mind to it. It's just a case of "I can do it but I don't wanna" type of thing, and it's my non-practicing that makes me worse.

I'm leaning more toward quitting sometime next year though. Playing an instrument to keep a grade is tough if you don't practice enough (evidently 3 hours a day, which is impossible for me with my schedule unless I stay up late into the night). Not to mention the band itself takes up a lot of time for which I could be studying for other subjects, so that's another reason to quit.

Smash Master
I wish life were more worth living. Seriously, why do I bother?

I suck at almost everything I do, and everything is boring. I feel depressed a lot more often nowadays. I almost never can make friends. I know I'll always be nothing but a worthless loser. I get ignored all the time, especially on the internet (only nine views on my Ustream channel by only one friend, and nobody takes the time to look at my videos if I ask them to).

Smashboards is getting old for me too. My friends and I don't do the cool fun stuff here we used to do.
Hm, I feel the same way. Except for the ignored on the internet thing. IMO, not a big deal.

We should get to know each other better. At least one of us will gain self-esteem from the encounter.

Freeman dude: You would have prolly outlived your dog anyway, so you'd have to go through this at some point. I'm sure the joy the dog brought you before now is more than worth the hardship it's passing has wrought. 'Tis better to have loved and lost...

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Thanks man. Its been pretty lonely around here, without her barking and whining n' such. It hasn't hit me as hard with her passing, but my bro still seems torn though.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Best way to get over the loss of an animal is to get a new one. That's what happened with me and my cat. I lost my cat of 13 years (she died in my arms) and the next weekend we had a new kitten to get back the joy we had when the first one was around. You're not replacing, you're filling. I've learned to love and appreciate my new cat an insane amount, more so then I would have if I had waited because of her helping me through the loss of my other one.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Yeah, we're considering to get a new dog next year. Already cleaned the house for precautions against the virus, though i think we might have missed some places to clean

(on an unrelated note, i found the freeman awesome face. Huzzah):bee:

Smash Journeyman
Reflecting on my last comment. The main reason my schedule bothers me so, is that I chose it before alot of things changed in my life.

During the summer I went to a camp called Word of Life. I went there with some fellow teens from a church in NJ (which is 2 hours away from where I live), since it was at a huge forested island, I got to talk one on one to alot of my cabin mates and I really bonded with them. Now at school and home, I have nearly no one I can talk to. And it has taken so much of my time talking to the friends I have and trying to make new ones at my school. And everytime I or someone else attempt to talk to each other, it's like there's no one who can relate to me, even on a personal level since it's near impossible to talk to people that way, since I can't find anyone in a sober mood (hell, I bet some students aren't ever sober at all), you're never alone, and everyone is concerned with work.

During the summer I also became an artist. I started drawing after such a long time and it turns out I have a natural talent for it, and now I've begun to develop a passion for it as well. But some drawings take hours to finish and I don't have hours of time.

Hopefully my guidance counselor can pull some strings in cutting my schedule some slack and maybe hopefully I can get out of my school entirely. I plan on going to a institute called LVPA, it's like college in the sense half of your schedule consists of a major while the rest are regular classes.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I have something bothering me. I find a little weird that a good bit of famous people have passed away in the last few months. I understand dying is a part of life and everyone dies eventually. Usually when someone famous kicks the bucket, It's generally someone we never even heard of. The famous people that have died in the last few months were people that we've heard of. For example, EVERYONE knew who Michael Jackson was and it was a dark day in the music industry and everywhere else when he died. That's all for now.

P.S. Like I've said before, I understand dying is a part of life, but who knows, maybe someone was fooling around with Death Note especially the last week of June when Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Billy Mays( who you'd see on commercials like oxi clean and orange glow) died.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
I have something bothering me. I find a little weird that a good bit of famous people have passed away in the last few months. I understand dying is a part of life and everyone dies eventually. Usually when someone famous kicks the bucket, It's generally someone we never even heard of. The famous people that have died in the last few months were people that we've heard of. For example, EVERYONE knew who Michael Jackson was and it was a dark day in the music industry and everywhere else when he died. That's all for now.

P.S. Like I've said before, I understand dying is a part of life, but who knows, maybe someone was fooling around with Death Note especially the last week of June when Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Billy Mays( who you'd see on commercials like oxi clean and orange glow) died.
I know what you mean. Doesn'T it seem like just one big conwincidence? I was Shocked when i heard that MJ and Billy Mays died. My understand from some other friends i have was that it was all planned, but i think thats just a load of Bull >.>

Scott!

Smash Lord

Death happens. It's just coincidence that these happened at around the same time. It's sad for their families and those who cared about them, but it's just something to accept. It's not some big conspiracy. It's not the apocalypse. It's just how things are.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Hi, I've been trying to come out of my shell completely this year in HS and it doesn't look like it's working well so far. My reputation is basically a loner. I do have friends, but I'm not that social. I want to socialize more yet I don't really know how to. I know it's going to take one step at a time and I'm making progress. I'm still nervous about it though and it's stressing me.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Hi, I've been trying to come out of my shell completely this year in HS and it doesn't look like it's working well so far. My reputation is basically a loner. I do have friends, but I'm not that social. I want to socialize more yet I don't really know how to. I know it's going to take one step at a time and I'm making progress. I'm still nervous about it though and it's stressing me.
I kind of have the same problem, except I'm pretty loud around friends but quiet around everyone else. The more friends I have around me the more energy or confidence I seem to have.

I'd suggest trying to open out a little more. Join clubs, go to parties, talk more, play a sport, become a Facebook friend *****, etc. Try making more friends in your classes so you won't be so nervous around them.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I kind of have the same problem, except I'm pretty loud around friends but quiet around everyone else. The more friends I have around me the more energy or confidence I seem to have.

I'd suggest trying to open out a little more. Join clubs, go to parties, talk more, play a sport, become a Facebook friend *****, etc. Try making more friends in your classes so you won't be so nervous around them.
It's times like this that I hate Facebook for canceling my account T.T

Club wise, nothing interests me really since art club was canceled last year. I've been talking more and in some classes I'm more comfortable.

I'd suggest trying to open out a little more.
Ya, I need to work on that. I took the first step and now I'm trying not to trip.

btw <3 the avatar avi.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah dude, it's all about gettin out there. Put yourself out there. You'll find a group of peopel that will come to accept you, or they'll find you. Either way, it requires you to get out and meet people :)

Be open, see wha tpeople are doing tha tnight, take the initiative for plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom