• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You're the better person. There's not much more to say. Unless you did something to piss them off.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
nope. did nothing. And I couldn't have ran because I had like a 3 ton backpack on, and they didn't.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
After having to stay in school, a place that made me clinically depressed, because my mum said she'd throw me out of the house if I left was a rubbish feeling. Eventually the school wouldn't keep me on in my last year cause I only had 3 classes, so my mum threw me out when I was 16. Just as this happened and I was staying at my cousins, this bloody global credit crunch happened and a month later one of our towns biggest stores went bust. Everywhere else instantly stopped hiring, and I only live in a town of 8000, the biggest town for over 100 miles, so there's now no jobs anywhere. I got given a flat to live in and my girlfriend of over 2 years went off to uni, dumped me and hooked up with another guy within a week. She promised she'd stay in contact because everything that was happening was making me feel awful and I needed someone to talk to, then she just stopped replying to my texts one day at absolute random, something about she can't talk to me now that's she with someone else, and stopped all contact with me. Then some of my friends started *****ing about me cause I have no job but got given a flat, and stopped inviting me out to the cinema or anything that they'd go to.

Now just nothing seems to be going right. I can't watch tv cause I don't have a tv liscence, my mini fridge that I was keeping my food in broke and I have no hot water in my flat.

These past 4 months. That's what's bothering me.

Smash Master
Wait, I get how it's too late now, but why not just take more classes? Was the material too difficult or was it just making you miserable? I can't imagine it being worse than your current situation.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Right now, I feel like something is wrong with my eyes, I've felt like my eye vision is great one time, and than after 2 hours of watching TV/playing Smash it seems as if my eyes start to lose it's vision and stuff, but after half an hour of doing other stuff and going onto the computer, my eye vision returns and I'm really just confused and worried what will happen to my eyes.

I've been sleeping at 11pm and waking up at like 7am, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night but I still keep my eyes shut. I eat healthy, I rarely eat junk and I don't really sit close to any sort of screen other than my computer which is like an armwidth away from me I really have no clue what is going on and that's bothering me right now >.> I need like... hope or something.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
There's no such thing as being obsolete as a human being. Look champ, you just gotta keep your head up. A true testament to the will is when things are all against you and it looks like theres nowhere to turn. You don't have to do it on your own. Seek help. It seems like you really need professional help.
Well, I guess I'm more unstable right now than depressed. For example, right now, I'm feeling just fine. I'm waiting on my pins in TWEWY to evolve, but aside from that being annoying, I'm feeling okay. Heck, I even tried out Brawl for the first time in months, and even after that I'm (surprisingly, considering the typical affect Brawl has on me) fine.

So it's confusing. And the trouble is that I went through "counseling" on-campus last year: 12 sessions during the fall semester, and by the end things were looking up, I could play Brawl with a slightly different, yet non-conflicting mindset and not come away depressed (granted, I wasn't have the problem I have now with "the bigger picture"). Unfortunately, I think I've relapsed since then, and since 12 sessions per year is the limit, I'm going to have to wait 'til the fall again to get it.

Anyway, ADDITIONAL professional help seems like it'd be a bit beyond my family's budget.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
The attitude towards any game you play should be competitive and you should want to win, but you should keep it in perspective. You can take away a lot of good life lessons if you learn to keep the game in perspective, game by game, tournament by tournament.

For example, you may play a matchup you really don't like your first game, so instead you learn to adapt and counterpick a different character or different stage you are more comfortable on. This teaches you how to adapt to situations that you aren't familiar with. If you've taken any higher level math (even Calculus) you learn that it's more important how to apply the theorems you learn than to just do the mechanics.

Let's say you play poorly throughout a whole tournament, nothing is more frustrating than that. But, you need to take a step back, think about what you need to work on. It may be a certain part of your game, it may be lack of knowing a match up or counter pick stages, or it may be just that that player has more experience than you do. So you go back to your own training, ask people how do I improve, and the players you played what you did wrong what you did right. This teaches us to learn from our mistakes, learn to handle criticism, and to be a good loser.

As for professional help, you can always find a place that will take you. If not, get a small part time job and tell them you'll help pay for it. If you really want to get better and find the root of your problem, chances are you need to speak to a professional.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
The attitude towards any game you play should be competitive and you should want to win, but you should keep it in perspective. You can take away a lot of good life lessons if you learn to keep the game in perspective, game by game, tournament by tournament.

For example, you may play a matchup you really don't like your first game, so instead you learn to adapt and counterpick a different character or different stage you are more comfortable on. This teaches you how to adapt to situations that you aren't familiar with. If you've taken any higher level math (even Calculus) you learn that it's more important how to apply the theorems you learn than to just do the mechanics.

Let's say you play poorly throughout a whole tournament, nothing is more frustrating than that. But, you need to take a step back, think about what you need to work on. It may be a certain part of your game, it may be lack of knowing a match up or counter pick stages, or it may be just that that player has more experience than you do. So you go back to your own training, ask people how do I improve, and the players you played what you did wrong what you did right. This teaches us to learn from our mistakes, learn to handle criticism, and to be a good loser.
For the record, I actually haven't been to a tournament. Actually, good luck trying to get me to even play FRIENDLIES. I dunno, something about boring the opposition to sleep and/or wasting their time with being terrible just doesn't appeal to me. It doesn't help that I tend to equate myself with every Basic Brawl/bash-the-n00bs thread currently on Smashboards.

As for professional help, you can always find a place that will take you. If not, get a small part time job and tell them you'll help pay for it. If you really want to get better and find the root of your problem, chances are you need to speak to a professional.
I'll look into it, I suppose. Driving distance is always a concern for me though, considering I'm not familiar with my area, but hopefully there'll be something close by.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
EVERYONE gets lol'd at, or thinks they at least look stupid, when they enter their first tournament.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Wait, I get how it's too late now, but why not just take more classes? Was the material too difficult or was it just making you miserable? I can't imagine it being worse than your current situation.
If you're doing Higher classes, you only need to take about 3 of them, but if you're doing anything below that you need to take 5 classes. I had 5 classes at the start of the year but got dropped from Biology and Media Studies cause I was resitting the same level that I did the year before but my grades weren't improving. Every other class on my level was full, so they canceled my 3 classes for me in November and said I could stay till the December holidays.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
The 'freshman 15' is a huge myth. I've lost a good deal of weight while in college--enough so that my dad (when he saw me for Easter) seriously asked me how much more money he needed to give me per week so that I could eat more often. o_x;; Not good. It's just terrible. Anyone who's not going to college yet: Try to get a college with an unlimited meal plan. Mine doesn't have one and I only get like two meals a day. You might think it's not that bad, but it really takes its toll on you later on, especially if you're already skinny like me ><;;

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You'll find someone Miggz. Or they'll find you. Maybe you already know them. Take chances. You'd rather try then fail as oppposed to never try at all.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yeah, true that. Who knows what summer has in store for me anyway? It should be interesting. But after I clicked the post button I realized how silly it was. lol

Thanks, friend.

Oh and I was on AIM the other night. I wanted to chat with ya but you were away. I'll be online tomorrow though. I owe you a chat, I know. ^^

Proverbs

Smash Lord
The thought of being single forever scares me to death. :-(
I feel the same way. Except now I'm either in love with a girl or don't like anyone at all. It's funny how I can get the two confused, right? Is it wrong to know what girl you're going to marry when she doesn't like you at all? Hahah, I've done a ton of things people said were impossible already, I might as well just add another one to the list.

Oh, and I mentioned my Suicide thread in the DH to my roommate ignorantly today...I forgot that his dad committed suicide when my roommate was still 13 or so. I felt like a huge jerk x_x;;

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Miggz I'm ALWAYS there even if I'm away.

Proverbs, it's not really wrong. But be careful about crossing the line of infatuation and love. It's really easy to get the two mixed up and doesn't become clear what it was until after its over (if it is over).

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Yeah, I am being careful. I'm pretty sure it's not infatuation, but it could just be foolishness all the same. However, I'm trying not to let it consume me. The only action I'm taking is this: Remaining her friend, backing off romantically and seeing where God takes the relationship. If, at a later point in time, I see things brewing, I might try again. But if I find another girl in between that's better than Kristen, I'll take the opportunity. But only if she's better. I'll never settle for a woman I don't think is the most amazing woman alive.

Anyway, I've heard of people in our church asking a girl out four times before they said yes, and ended up marrying them. Actually, it's really common in our church that if a couple starts dating that they get married. So, if I can just get our relationship started, I've got a pretty good chance, eh?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hahaha if you look at it that way and keep your head up you can do anything you want bud :)

Just keep your mind open to everyone :)

Smash Master
The 'freshman 15' is a huge myth. I've lost a good deal of weight while in college--enough so that my dad (when he saw me for Easter) seriously asked me how much more money he needed to give me per week so that I could eat more often. o_x;; Not good. It's just terrible. Anyone who's not going to college yet: Try to get a college with an unlimited meal plan. Mine doesn't have one and I only get like two meals a day. You might think it's not that bad, but it really takes its toll on you later on, especially if you're already skinny like me ><;;
Well, on the flip side of the coin, I only get 12 meals a week and I've put on a lot of weight. I wish I could be skinny like you :laugh:

Edit cause I'm not supposed to doublepost: I feel like life would be so much easier if I was good at something. Anyone else feel the same way? How do you cope with the futility of effort?

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Edit cause I'm not supposed to doublepost: I feel like life would be so much easier if I was good at something. Anyone else feel the same way? How do you cope with the futility of effort?
Considering how I share the somewhat same sentiment, I really don't like not having something I'm good at. However, I evidently fear death worse than the possibility of not having anything, so I guess I'll keep living for the next 40-60 years and see what happens.

After all, you're not supposed to have your talents established by 20, are you? :scared:

junglefever, about your Melee comment, well... I'm laughing right along with Livvers, actually.

I may be an idiot about Melee, but seems to be an unsaid assumption around Smashboards that if, by some rare event you don't do well in Brawl, you might as well ditch fighting games in general. I could just be misinterpreting things, though. >_>

That... is about the only motivation I have left to keep playing it periodically. After all, who in their right mind would associate themselves with a failure?

Smash Master
Brawl is just a game. You won't get hired for your fighting game skills. Don't beat yourself up over it. There are significantly more important things to beat yourself up over.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Miggz I'm ALWAYS there even if I'm away.

Proverbs, it's not really wrong. But be careful about crossing the line of infatuation and love. It's really easy to get the two mixed up and doesn't become clear what it was until after its over (if it is over).

^10agrees. Like wow, I actually quoted him just so you could see it again. Good luck with it though :) I hope everything works out

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is just a game. You won't get hired for your fighting game skills. Don't beat yourself up over it. There are significantly more important things to beat yourself up over.

Who told you these horrible horrible lies?

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I have no confidence.
When people say be yourself,
I`m not sure how...
And people rarely want to listen to me,
not to sound whiny, it is just annoying how
inconsiderate most people are.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Outlaw, A lot of people have no confidence. There is always something unique about everyone. Everyone has their own interests and mannerisms. Really, all you can do is explore different things until you find something you enjoy, want to get better/learn more about it, then ta da! You'll have confidence in a certain field. When in the process of learning something else, you'll almost always learn something about yourself. So my advice is to go out and try new things, get involved in different activities.

A lot of people, honestly, won't care about you. There's like six billion people in the world. You have to find who you feel comfortable with, what type of people, then find those people. Maybe you'll even stumble upon them by accident. My best friends are people that I only really got to know my senior year in high school. This goes back to doing different things and getting involved. You meet new people and these people could end up being some of your best friends. You'll never know until you try.

M.K

Level 55
My English teacher's standards of grading are WAYYYY too high, pisses me off, I don't deserve a B in her class, yet she insists on slapping one on my report card.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Is it how she grades papers? English, if it is literature, is very subjective. A lot of times it comes down to whether did you follow the guidelines of what the teacher was looking for in this paper. It sucks, but it's how you get the grade.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Lately I've been feeling really lonley for some reason. I don't know why, I just hung out with some friends a few days ago.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Mom's taking my monitor when she goes to bed tonight. She originally took it because I got such a low grade in government that I can't pass this semester and therefore not graduate, but I was given the worst teacher in the school and about ten other people are not graduating because of her class.
And she said I probably won't get it back until after the school year ends, if even then. I really don't think failing one of the hardest classes with the hardest teacher warrants me having absolutely zero computer access for weeks on end.
At least I got it back for spring break (which today is the last day of).

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Ridley: I know how you feel, I feel lonely all the time. Maybe you haven't found the right group of friends? Did you feel like you fit in with them?

Fan: I'm sorry to hear that :(. There's no way you can pass? There should still be like a month and a half left of school. Try and show her you are working your tail off, she might give it back early.

M.K

Level 55
Is it how she grades papers? English, if it is literature, is very subjective. A lot of times it comes down to whether did you follow the guidelines of what the teacher was looking for in this paper. It sucks, but it's how you get the grade.
Yes. She doesn't give about a 93 on any of our 3-5 page papers. There are no guidelines, and when there are, I follow them TO THE TEE. She marks off for her own personal tastes, she'll say something like "Is this the right word?" and "Did you really mean this?". I'm like...."uh, of course I mean it, that's why I wrote it in the first place >.>"

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It's hard because English is such a subjective class to grade. Even if teachers have a rubric it's still very subjective. When it comes down to it, some play favorites. For example, my teacher freshman year in high school was a total sexist. In three honors english classes, 1 guy had an A. Every girl except two had ay fan A, and they had B+. It's very easy for teachers to play favorites in English. Sit down and ask her what the comments mean, and you can explain yourself, and she can explain herself.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Ridley: I know how you feel, I feel lonely all the time. Maybe you haven't found the right group of friends? Did you feel like you fit in with them?
Yeah, I feel right at home with my friends. I wouldn't trade my best friend even if I was held at gunpoint. Though I did end up having a really nasty fight with him 2 days ago. I apologized, but I don't think he's fully forgiven me yet. Maybe that's what's causing me to feel like this.:(

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Fights happen. Sometimes time away heals it, or time together doing something you both enjoy does. I'd suggest the latter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom