• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some new tournament vids

Deva

Smash Lord
some more tourney stuff

Doubles ****. . .at least first match =P I wish our team coordination could have been this good all the matches. It was grand finals though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKYozId7qQ&feature=channel_page

Singles were right after I played grand finals in doubles, so lotsa Tired johnzz =P. I still did pretty well though, and got some sets recorded.

vs Zeionut (Snake/ MK) he banned Norfair >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5EQbz2yU6g&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve3nJP1afUo&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5BKEds1-t4&feature=channel_page ( good example of playing MK on Halberd)

vs EMO$ (DDD/ Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYhdjiXmM74&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At5VXvHfNhY&feature=channel_page This is why you ban Norfair vs me xD. There was so much freakin **** in this vid I dont even remember most of it lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXY6SnHjgtM&feature=channel_page

Rozar

Smash Rookie
hey deva, too far you live on the west coast :( big tournament in Philadelphia, would of liked to play some link matches with you. I feel I also play a impressive Link

Evla

Smash Cadet
There is a possibility I might move to spokane around the summer. Don't go anywhere Deva. Good matches btw. Ur puttin Link up there.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Vs. DSF- 0:26-0:30 Deva, do you think the galerang could have saved you from being gimped? Idk, but I was just wondering if that gimp was inevitable.

Vs. ShadowRob- 2:11-2:15 Too good. 6:46-6:50 Always good to save the double jump for recovery. Nice recovery! 10:14-10:18 "I WILL NOT be 2-stocked, ROB!"lol

Nice DI, and I have to say you are the most defensive Link I've ever seen. I mean, don't you have a BRAWL **** combo vid hiding somewhere? Offense sells hype, but defense wins matches. Good stuff, Deva.

D

Deleted member

you momentum cancel really weird lol

uair? shafty lol

Finns7

Smash Ace
At 2:18 on norfair that prob was the most epic lol moment ever.

On BF idk how nervous you were but you kinda got predictable with your ledge game. You kept on jumping when on the ledge and he kept punishing you for it, T_T I dont blame you in a way though because he doesnt have alot of viable ways of getting back on stage anyway espeacially against Robert...Also where you trying to auto cancel his dair on BF when you jumped off the platforms? Good matches though you should have a norfair highlight vid.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
The ending of that first match with shadowrob seemed a bit familiar.....

"It's over anakin ShadowRob, I have the high ground!"

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Well Deva, I'm not sure how much I can actually crit you so much as I might offer suggestions of what I think I would have done at specific moments in time, maybe they'll help.

DSF:

SmashVille: First: Just before the end of your first stock you had a bomb with you offstage that was sure to go off, but you threw it. Did you have a reason for throwing it that you felt was better than keeping it for recovery? Second thing: Before the end of your second stock, when you got onto the ledge you immediately rolled back onto the stage after a lengthy off-stage battle, leading into MK's Dsmash KO. Were you aware of DSF's intention to Dsmash when you rolled on or were you just rolling onto the stage to hope to get back on ASAP?

Norfair: Yes yes, we know. Deva = god on Norfair, but I still watched your actions in the match carefully regardless of the fact that you won. At about 4:02; MK is below you on the center platform and you FF'd a Dair into a complete miss. I would assume that maybe you didn't want to try a Dair at the moment, which is why you missed (I think on purpose). But what about the FF? Did you just want to get to the ground quickly regardless of how DSF could've punished you? At about 5:56 you Zair'd when ya got hit. lulz. So much for that momentum cancel eh? (I've noticed that Zair+starKO=exploding on the top of the screen lol).

ShadowRob:
Norfair: 2:13, ZOMG LAVA JUMPING TO A BOMB-DAIR COMBO. 4:37, I absolutely loved how you recognized you couldn't make it and FF'd to the Lava to get back up. I'll have to use that sometime.

BF: 6:53, I prolly woulda went for a ledgedropped Nair, but hey, that's just me.

That really is all I can even try to comment on. Loved the matches man, great.

Kief

Smash Ace
great stuff. 2:15 against shadowrob was a jaw dropper. epic. that should go in a future combo/highlight vid of yours.

and lol at ich's post.

Deva

Smash Lord
A character that can out camp you while taunting you off stage with his amazing recovery. . .

yes =P

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Wow Deva you have showed me the way of light in your MK 2nd match...
the Dair is SPAMMABLE!! :laugh:
Awesome matches! I hope I can play like that someday lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I love how you jab twice and then back up and zair. He easily has the best spacing game out of the top Link players.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I have to play against THAT next week?!

*Draws Hylian shield and sword*

S...S-Stay back!

No jokes, with every single match that Deva plays, I can actually feel the epicness radiating off Spokane and hitting Bellevue.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
A character that can out camp you while taunting you off stage with his amazing recovery. . .

yes =P
yea ROB's annoying i know two people that main him and it gets annoying when they can make it back to the stage so easily

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Deva and Chip FTFW!
Those doubles matches were f***ing amazing! I'm having too much fun watchin these doubles haha..I'll comment on the singles later :)

Edit: Ok I'm done watchin all of em..
O___o so...much...snake...**** on the second round hahaha!
That third match with Emo$ was really arrggh especially on your last stock..stupid chain grabs lol
But anyways gj representing Link! You **** hard! :laugh:

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Wow, that norfair match was total ****. There was also a match aganist DDD were you nearly did the most amazing comeback.

Very impressive, as always Deva ;)

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Wow, that norfair match was total ****. There was also a match aganist DDD were you nearly did the most amazing comeback.

Very impressive, as always Deva ;)

the norfair match was freakin amazing

Deva

Smash Lord
OMG, that would be crazy lol. So much spam, but in a smart, creative way. It would be too epic to put on youtube. The system would crash due to exessive bombs, arrows, and rangs. Not to mention the phatty team combos that'll be strewn throughout the match.

Kief

Smash Ace
wow that norfair match against snake made me say 'holy s***' out loud at school lol. he should've ran home crying after that one.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
have you posted this in the video archive yet? or should we have a different thread for your videos? like Legan and Izaw have running threads, so it might be a good idea for you as well. Maybe we could do both.

Top Bottom