• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solo DThrow Chaingrab -- I really need to massively revise this

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, so it needs to be frame perfect to get Ganon that high, w/e. Like SoPo is going to actually grab a Ganon that knows what he's doing.

Then again, like Ganon is ever going to actually land a hit on an Ice Climbers who knows what they're doing.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I haven't read all 14 pages so I don't know if someone posted it.
You can add 2 (more?) regrabs on Metaknight by grabbing with the CStick down thing (Z + Cstick down at the same time).
And I think you can add some regrabs on every characters with this. I think you can start your CG with higher % with this.
Edit : I can only test it on Lv9 CPUs, but when I try to regrab after 65%, MK is too high, but when I use my CStick, I can regrab him.
Someone can test it?

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I'm retesting everything, including walking CG, standing CG (wall or SV's platform) on Lv9 CPUs, but I will retest it on a player when I'll be able to.

Roller

Smash Legend
CPU's wont help at all for testing, you need a player. CPUs wont buffer jump. But I'm sure we would all really appreciate it if you are able to test this stuff. Boost grabbing to cg sounds like it could be helpful if this actually pans out.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
On MK, on a CPU, I have the same results than e_alert, I can't regrab more since I buffer my dashgrabs.

Edit : Here's what I got on MK
Metaknight :

Walking CG : 40% (10 DThrow) + Regrab
Standing CG : 54% (15 Dthrow) + Regrab
Dashing CG : 62% (65%?) (18 Dthrow) + Regrab
Boost CG : 68% (70%?) (20 Dthrow) + Regrab

Notes :
Standing = against a wall or on SV's platform.
Maybe we can walk a bit more to regrab after 40%.
If I don't buffer my boost grab after 68%, I can regrab 2/3 more time, but I don't know if it's true.

I'd like if someone tests it on a real player.
If the results are the same, I'll do it on other characters. If they're not the same, I'll stop testing.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Okay guys just tested Solo Popo's chaingrab on MK with a friend. :)

My opponent was DIing up and away and mashing jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GE2pkMIn2s

Btw it's not my channel, it's my friend's.

So:
Walking CG (one step) : 0%-37% + Regrab
Walking CG (two steps) : 37%-57% + Regrab
Dashing CG : 0%-65% + Regrab
Boost grabbing CG : 0%-70% + Regrab

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If I get bored, I'll test it in frame advance

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Based on EA's research, up and away is almost always better except for a few exceptions

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Is MK an exception?
EA said:
ESCAPING

As a general rule, characters should DI Up-Away to escape the DThrow Chaingrab faster (though a few exceptions exist; can't remember who they are, don't have it on hand etc, but DIing as above is still good). The moves listed here also help escape MUCH earlier than simply jumping out, usually because of invincibility.

Some moves aren't as useful to escape as you'd think. Generally a move has to either have invincibility starting at frame 1 (preferably with a hitbox at the end, ala Fox's or Wolf's Shines), or move you completely out of the way really fast (within a few frames).

Fox - Shine (DSpecial)
Jigglypuff - Rest (DSpecial) or Double Jump, DJ preferred
Lucas - Double Jump DAir
Marth - Dolphin Slash (USpecial) or Double Jump, DJ preferred
Ness - Double Jump DAir
Peach - Float (Hold Jump)
Snake - Grenade (NSpecial), won't get you out immediately though.
Wolf - Shine (DSpecial)
Yoshi - Reverse Double Jump (Hold Away)
Zero Suit Samus - Flip Jump (DSpecial)

If a character is not listed here, all they can do to escape is DI well and jump out.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I don't believe MK is an exception.

btw, are you doing this in frame advance? I believe we established ages ago that ICs boost grab travels less than dashgrab, so I can't see how you're getting greater numbers via boost.

I may or may not need to retest to see for myself. Maybe. :effort:

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I don't even know what is frame advance, I just show the chaingrab against someone DIing up and away and buffering jump (which is the best solution according to the OP).

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
it's a code that lets you freeze the game and advance frames manually, so you can get perfect inputs.

the reason I ask is because the timing of the regrab matters, a lot.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I don't have it :/

Yesterday I tried on an opponent DIing Up and it's the same result.

Btw, I have 68% + regrab on DDK

Top Bottom