• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solo DThrow Chaingrab -- I really need to massively revise this

swordgard

Smash Hero
haha ok sure
Really.

If you can't see that after the metagame has evolved around him for over 2 years and we are still far away from finding any counters to him, let alone any character that goes even with him(arguably), especially when you take into account planking, then something is wrong.

Inb4Diddyisbetter.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Really.

If you can't see that after the metagame has evolved around him for over 2 years and we are still far away from finding any counters to him, let alone any character that goes even with him(arguably), especially when you take into account planking, then something is wrong.

Inb4Diddyisbetter.
ok listen what ur saying 1. when u say we are far away from finding counters i believe ic counter them on certian stages 2. basically ur saying its still possible which is wat i agree on and 3. i said sure i nvr said u was wrong lol i just dudnt engage lol now i got a question... U MAD?:laugh:

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
ok listen what ur saying 1. when u say we are far away from finding counters i believe ic counter them on certian stages 2. basically ur saying its still possible which is wat i agree on and 3. i said sure i nvr said u was wrong lol i just dudnt engage lol now i got a question... U MAD?:laugh:
1. Not true, we go even against MK on our best stage, and thats not taking into account planking.

2. It is indeed possible for any character to be the best, because right now we still are finding out new stuff to mess with, matchups always change over time.

And just so you know, Icies are not the best character in the game. Consistency is a huge factor for us in our metagame, unlike other characters. If we were playing perfectly, and the opponent was playing even the slightest bit imperfectly, we would indeed win. But if vice versa, we're getting completely wrecked.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
1. Not true, we go even against MK on our best stage, and thats not taking into account planking.

2. It is indeed possible for any character to be the best, because right now we still are finding out new stuff to mess with, matchups always change over time.

And just so you know, Icies are not the best character in the game. Consistency is a huge factor for us in our metagame, unlike other characters. If we were playing perfectly, and the opponent was playing even the slightest bit imperfectly, we would indeed win. But if vice versa, we're getting completely wrecked.
i said virtually

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Try not to censor dodge. A lot of children use the forums.

Prawn

Smash Master
i agree swordgards this guy is clearly right about ics matchup vs mk ur jst some scr00b who lost to inui

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You should make a video or like a frame by frame thing for characters like lucario and peach...I can't seem to get the timing for them.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
each and lucario are not as high esam and when i asked for a vid they said no because im am 100% sure waio dosnt go to 73%. i think lain was saying the same thing before

2-DJeff

Smash Master
esam i almost never fsmash at the end. unless i really need to. go try to do it to 73% with someone trying to footstool you. at 0% wario can get out of it with a footstool. then you can single down throw him but not to no 73%

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, Ganon can get out around 30-ish% or so iirc.
Not that it really matters too much, since that means we have to somehow kill Nana which means landing a hit on the Ice Climbers.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Too many people not knowing their facts in this thread. I'll remind you (Jeff and Dirt) that just because it isn't practical does not mean that it isn't possible.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
ugh

The numbers are correct, and proven by frame data.
Lain did object at first, he agreed after I explained the process to him though.
I'm not going to bother re-explaining it, read through the whole thread for an explanation.
Also what guest said, theoretic maximum is not the same as practical maximum.

Honestly, if these numbers are wrong, they're only wrong in that they can go higher through methods that I haven't tested yet. >.>

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So ummm yeah Nathaniel
2D Jeff thinks you pulled these numbers out of the air magically. Without testing anything. How DID you find these numbers without testing?

I wish I understood climbers that well to find stuff without testing :(

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Yea lux that's exactly what I said.word for word.. got ****ing professor x in the house because he knows what ppl are thinking
(Sarcasm)
:phone:

DeLux

???

Why are you telling him to test the numbers if he got the numbers by frame testing?

Smoom77

Smash Master
What is jeff even talking about?

You don't need to test them if you have frame data. Frama data=testing without testing.

Smoom77

Smash Master
OMG I LOVE YOU ROLLER!

I would make the videos but I can't figure out how to do that frame-by-frame thing on my wii anymore. I found that code once, but never found it again.

DeLux

Smoom, I'll give you one on Skype when I get off work at 9 if you want it. Or ask Nathaniel, he'll have one.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'd have to get my dazzle back from Illmatic, and I don't know when i will :/

Otherwise, I might save the replay then record on my phone.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
fyi you can't save frameperfect replays with the code, the code just doesnt work that way unfortunately. you will need to just record it live. I've suggested to the smash lab that someone make a replay editor for this purpose, the response was good but im not sure much progress has been made.

anyway I am all for a video if people want that, just cbf doing it myself since there is just an unbelievable amount of work involved haha.

Top Bottom