• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Brawl players deserve no mercy. In other fighting game communities you don't see *******es going into SF4 forums going "lol i know that SF2 ran at like 30 fps but what does SSF4 run at". There's gotta be a reason why brawl attracts the most ignorant people.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't think there's a specific reason, other than Brawl is really popular. The more popular a game is, the more ignorant idiots you will get.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Some of these Brawl players are really trying to ban meta-knight. It's kinda hilarious. There's even an "Official Meta-knight Discussion" thread in the Brawl Tactical Boards.....Why there's a character specific thread in a tactical board is beyond me. Regardless, it's where all of the pro-ban people hang out.

I mentioned Pikachu having better overall matchups(in the matchup chart) vs MK and they started saying how it didn't matter because Smash 64 wasn't a good competitive game.

That was all I needed to hear.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I tried to play with a controller for the first time the other day. Then I tried again for like two hours a day for a week. then I tried to commit ritual seppuku and my friends staged an intervention.

I'm literally getting beat by my young (12 year old) cousins here. I'm lucky if I can tech, much less combo. How do you make the switch? It's ****** me; I don't wanna be stuck on keyboard.

killa k

Smash Ace
I tried to play with a controller for the first time the other day. Then I tried again for like two hours a day for a week. then I tried to commit ritual seppuku and my friends staged an intervention.

I'm literally getting beat by my young (12 year old) cousins here. I'm lucky if I can tech, much less combo. How do you make the switch? It's ****** me; I don't wanna be stuck on keyboard.
All I can say is just keep playing lol.

TANK64

Smash Lord

Practice :colorful:
and yea...
I would hate to not be able to play a console match because I can't use the controller lol
also joysticks matter, so get a good controller and take care of it
(they matter less if you claw like a champ tho;))

timing might be weird for you on canceling.
also practice ff Uairs, and pivots (I suppose if you're not used to the joystick)

MattNF

Smash Lord
cracked

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol holy ****, that's awesome (even though I don't really like Brawl) but it's good to hear they have smash in the circuit

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'm a bit sad about this...

They can make goofy edits like this "Brawl is on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (aka General Brawl Discussion)" but they can't give us a section. I've worked with vBulletin forum software for a while now and adding a section is not HARD.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Of course it's not hard, MLG just does not care about our community because there's no money in it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
"With an intensely devoted fanbase and a fiercely high level of competition, Brawl will undoubtedly find itself right at home alongside the Pro Circuit’s other world-class titles."

And that, boys and girls, is the truth.

I can't decide whether to go with "ROFL" or "lololololololollololollolololololololololololololololol" here. I guess I'll go with LMFAOOGWTFWTPBIT64IWBNQMIRIIG

TANK64

Smash Lord
This news makes me sad.

Its the end of the competitive world as we know it...
And I feel...fine?
I couldn't have said it better myself

DMoogle

A$
This news makes me sad.

I couldn't have said it better myself
Why would this make you sad? This is absolutely a good thing for Smash64.

Brawl events -> Brawl publicity -> SSB publicity -> Smash 64 publicity.

It's a trickle down system where the effect won't be large, but it's better than nothing.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Why would this make you sad? This is absolutely a good thing for Smash64.

Brawl events -> Brawl publicity -> SSB publicity -> Smash 64 publicity.

It's a trickle down system where the effect won't be large, but it's better than nothing.
I just think this will make more people have the "Brawl is the best smash" attitude
I know lots of players who have left Brawl to go back to Melee and even some 64
This is just another reason for them to say, "I should concentrate on competing in Brawl"

But you're right
It will bring smash exposure to non-smashers, and give the game recognition as a fighter

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, slightly off topic to what seems like a great discussion on why brawl should not be added to the pro circuit...

I'm sorry I haven't been posting often in the 64 boards. I don't have a good computer (the one I'm using, the keyboard sucks to the point that typing anything makes me want to punch the monitor, the computer itself is awful, etc.). Also, I've been really busy for the last bit, so I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts being done.

Once I'm no longer excessively busy (or/and have a better computer... aka get my laptop back from my parents >_>), I'll be posting as much as I have been last year.

I know this is completely unnecessary to post, but just wanted to say I'm not ditching you guys or anything like that... just had lame unavoidable johnz...

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I just think this will make more people have the "Brawl is the best smash" attitude
I know lots of players who have left Brawl to go back to Melee and even some 64
This is just another reason for them to say, "I should concentrate on competing in Brawl"

But you're right
It will bring smash exposure to non-smashers, and give the game recognition as a fighter
if you know the SRK community, the game will not be recognized

I personally think its a platformer/party game with fighting elements.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I personally think its a platformer/party game with fighting elements.
Wait, are you saying that's what non-smashers would say, or are you speaking for yourself?

If it's the former, then use quotes to be more clear. If it's the latter, then...grrrrr.....

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Who cares what SRK thinks?
as Tank64 says:
Referring to this^^^. "giving the game recognition as a fighter refers to SRK, the main game source, for Street Fighter and MVC. No other group cares.

to this quote by ShootingStar:
Wait, are you saying that's what non-smashers would say, or are you speaking for yourself?

If it's the former, then use quotes to be more clear. If it's the latter, then...grrrrr.....
That is my personal opinion, and it doesn't bother me and it should not bother you what my opinion is. Prove to me that Smash bros is not part party game, or on the other hand, prove that smash bros is completely a fighting game. "Enlighten me." ;)

Top Bottom