• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

DUB

Smash Lord
I miss the old old Brinstar :(

And omg, the best thing about this game is the crowd's cheering when you recover from the stage or get hit.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Oh, so satisfying.

Wait, why weren't you playing 5 stock? THIS IS SMASH64!
I started playing 4 stock on Aus servers because when setting up, pressing right once on the stock number seems more fluent than doing it twice (I use keyboard). Now most of the regulars play 4 stock :3

But yeah, 5 stock is probably better.

DMoogle

A$
I used to always use 5 for SSB, but once I was introduced to Melee I switched to 4, then found out I preferred 4 for SSB as well. I use 4 in Brawl as well if my friends and I are playing with items (which we do about 80% of the time), but 3 if items are off.

malva00

Smash Master
so looks like some guy named Kei won the ROOKIES CUP with CAPTAIN FALCON.

Who's going to win the MASTERS CUP? PERHAPS JAIMEHR?????????????

There's going to be a live media player stream. what you do is you paste the address into your media player like windows media player. I'll post the address when it starts maybe at like 6AM PST or later WHO KNOWS.

malva00

Smash Master
I just finished playing 8 frames against this japanese guy in the tournament server

i'm WARMED UP now

edit: bad news guys looks like jousuke isn't playing that makes it less entertaining

ok looks like the tourney starts at 3am PST i made a mistake lol

malva00

Smash Master
here's the bracket http://smashgeneration.web.fc2.com/20091129.jpg

lol moyashi says it was random, but it can't be changed. i hope jaime doesn't take me out now if i survive round 1

EDIT: nvm I lost first round lol in server play oh well there's always next time! i couldn't figure out the cheats for the japanese ssb and my opponent couldn't host. but now I have the japanese cheat file but too late <.<

live stream http://cutting-edge.ddo.jp:5555/ paste it into your media players streaming thing

EDIT: looks like jaime took out the ness guy (who beat me) in a 8 frame p2p match now he's up against MEGU next

EDIT: looks like they brought jaime into another server where he had 16 frames and he got 4 stocked by MEGU XD

EDIT: it's over takuro with jiggly wins over moyashi's kirby in a best of 3 final

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
there were some pretty good matches played. i wish whoever was hosting the livestream didn't have the same terrible jpop song on repeat for over an hour though.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
here's the bracket http://smashgeneration.web.fc2.com/20091129.jpg

lol moyashi says it was random, but it can't be changed. i hope jaime doesn't take me out now if i survive round 1

EDIT: nvm I lost first round lol in server play oh well there's always next time! i couldn't figure out the cheats for the japanese ssb and my opponent couldn't host. but now I have the japanese cheat file but too late <.<

live stream http://cutting-edge.ddo.jp:5555/ paste it into your media players streaming thing

EDIT: looks like jaime took out the ness guy (who beat me) in a 8 frame p2p match now he's up against MEGU next

EDIT: looks like they brought jaime into another server where he had 16 frames and he got 4 stocked by MEGU XD

EDIT: it's over takuro with jiggly wins over moyashi's kirby in a best of 3 final
the bracket didn't work, can you post it somewhere else if you can like on imageshack?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Lol so they played on a server, they had very low delay and jaime had 16 frames... talk about unfair

malva00

Smash Master
they can use p2p

their japanese pj64k download comes with their own japanese p2p client

some can't host or don't want to play p2p. i wouldn't wanna play 8 frame p2p against jaime if I were them. jaime's first opponent did p2p with him though.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ness is on steroids @ japanese ssb64. I suppose their version was the only allowed for this tourney.

earthadept

Smash Lord
I played the japanese version of the game on console for the first time yesterday... I was really surprised by how different it really is. I couldn't use Puff at all haha

earthadept

Smash Lord
it's the rest... it doesnt make the trademark noise, and its knockback is poop compared to the american version. i do like the noises made when you hit the opponent better though

earthadept

Smash Lord
yeah i noticed that puff's drills were incredibly easy to string together... the computer player seemed to be totally trapped in it

Top Bottom