• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
At the very least, in all these Steve debates, I'm glad no one's thrown out "He has no personality"

Cause the ************ out threre YEET-ing you into his traphouse which he set to blow and he's eatin' a steak while he commits murder.
Dont worry smashfaqs was all over that lame excuse. My favorite part of the entire trailer was when steve jumped in fear at the creeper and locked mario in the cave that jump was so satisfying.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Funny that Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, & Steve keep their facial hair in their stock icons but not Snake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

His final smash is my favorite out of the entire DLC. It is so fun.

And Sakurai stayed so faithful to the game, that I cannot even tell if this part is CGI or a clip taken from Minecraft.
1601606846619.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I love how King K. Rool was featured in Steve's reveal trailer at the end.

It's like Sakurai has a soft spot for the guy given how many times he's appeared.

Last edited:

GhostM

Phantom
Best part about Steve’s final smash is the shade he throws at the poor player who has to endure tons of tnt explosions and initial creeper explosions, all the while he eats steak while directly looking at the screen, as the player is being murdered in the background.

It’s beautiful. Even server admins hate him for griefing.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I love how King K. Rool was featured in Steve's reveal trailer at the end.

It's like Sakurai has a soft spot for the guy given how many times he's appeared.
Could be a Rare/Microsoft thing...K Rool got bodied by Banjo's Final Smash too if you remember.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Could be a Rare/Microsoft thing...K Rool got bodied by Banjo's Final Smash too if you remember.
I referring to many times King K. Rool has appeared regarding newcomers.

Kencineroar as well as the presentation regarding Joker where he takes his crown along with Wario's motorbike.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Truth be told.

Jeff was so elaborate and overly dramatic that I never found him to be scary, honestly.

I got caught in a screamer prank featuring his iconic image once, and even then the only thing that got me scared was how LOUD it was.
My favorite creepypasta is...

tbh I'm not entirely sure.

But the ones that stand out to me the most are probably "Ben Drowned", "No End House", and "I Dared My Best Friend to Ruin My Life".

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Since it hasn’t been brought up much, what do you guys think Steve’s Classic Mode will be like?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

But the ones that stand out to me the most are probably "Ben Drowned", "No End House", and "I Dared My Best Friend to Ruin My Life".
Solid couple of choices, there .Ben's a pretty great one, but I got burnt out on it after a while years ago. I might revisit it someday, since it's still ongoing, as Shroob said earlier.

Never read the No End House, but I did see an adaptation of it on an anthology horror TV series.

And I haven't heard of the last one, admittedly.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

I always like the sleep deprivation creepy pasta where some people stayed awake so long they ended up possessed by something.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Since it hasn’t been brought up much, what do you guys think Steve’s Classic Mode will be like?
I expect Rathalos to be the boss. Not sure what would lead up to it. Maybe something that reflects progression in survival. Have a fight in Norfair for the Wither, something else for The End. Maybe stages reflecting the differences between day and night.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Solid couple of choices, there .Ben's a pretty great one, but I got burnt out on it after a while years ago. I might revisit it someday, since it's still ongoing, as Shroob said earlier.

Never read the No End House, but I did see an adaptation of it on an anthology horror TV series.

"I dared" is bloody amazing and horrifying, because it involved identity fraud. It's the most realistic creepypasta I've ever read. Because, in theory, it could actually happen. At least, much of it.

Full story can be found here. Linking only rather than video embed because there's a lot of swearing in it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
"I dared" is bloody amazing and horrifying, because it involved identity fraud. It's the most realistic creepypasta I've ever read. Because, in theory, it could actually happen. At least, much of it.

Full story can be found here. Linking only rather than video embed because there's a lot of swearing in it.
Sounds like serious paranoia fuel. I might be a horror fan but I'm not sure I can stomach that one lol.

Fair enough on the swearing.

GhostM

Phantom
This sounds like an irrational thought, but I hope the default button mapping for Steve's controls are comfortable for the GameCube Controller. I say this because of the mining and build mechanic, since I don't really know exactly where it would fit for the GameCube Controller.

Maybe I'm only feeling this way because I've played Minecraft on Switch with a GameCube Controller, and let me tell you, it is quite uncomfortable. You don't have enough buttons to break and build at the same time, sacrificing one for the other..

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think I always saw Steve’s beard as a beard. I guess I noticed the pinkish pixels under his nose being his mouth, plus a wide smile with hair-colored pixels felt odd to me I guess.

This carried over to Herobrine too, so somehow I was genuinely only scared of him because of his two pixel difference from Steve :p despite that I still thought he was cool even during the time I was a bit paranoid of him(/scared of him somehow showing up irl at night) for a while at 11 years old.
Reminder for everyone, Minecraft veteran or not, that this was going to be Steve's final design at one point:

I like this design, but after many years of our blocky boi, I definitely prefer his current appearance, even if it may have been the other way around in an alternate universe (though his current look does give a “cooler” vibe imo).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I always liked how in the battle network timeline Cutman looks exactly the same as he does in the classic timeline

Ivander

Smash Legend

-I haven't fully read the entirety of Ben Drowned. I need to go back to that one.
-No End House was pretty good. Just read only the first one and not the sequel.

That said, haven't read any creepypastas in a while. Notable creepypastas that I enjoyed were:
-Abandoned by Disney
-some ocean-focused creepypastas like Afraid of the Water and The Antiguan Giant(heck, there's a playlist for underwater-focused creepypastas)
-the Woman in the Snow
-there was a McDonald themed one I remember, but not the name.
-and my personal favorite, the NES Godzilla creepypasta. Like the amount of effort the creator did with the images were frickin' fantastic and while the ending.....wasn't the best, the entire story aside from the ending was pretty good and gave me some good chills. Although part of it may have been that I am a huge Godzilla fan, so I knew all the references and monsters.

Nowadays, my creepypasta itches are fixed mainly by the SCP Foundation stories and whatnot. But recently, Trevor Henderson has also helped as well.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seeing a bunch of these all over Twitter so, bringing it over here juscuz...

Initial reactions to DLC character reveals:
:ultpiranha:: OMG! Piranha Plant Confirmed!!....wait wut...No Sakurai, I WAS JOKING NOO--
:ultjoker:: Welp...Didn't see that coming. They going in with these reveals already tho!
:ulthero:: Eh! I mean Dragon Quest is a big enough franchise so fair enough, wish it was Erdrich at leas- wait...ok we good 👍
:ultbanjokazooie:: YASSS!! THEY DID IT! THIS WOULD'VE BEEN MORE HYPE IF I WASN'T SPOILED BY YT THUMBNAILS BUT YASSS!!!
:ult_terry:: SNK leaks prepared me for this...but sure Terry Bogard
:ultbyleth:: Another Fire Emblem character...cuz of course we do lol Also: "Too many sword fighters? So what makes you so special?" :ultbylethf:"I've got boobs!"
:ultminmin: If I see ramen I'm probably freaking out immediately sees ramen:falconslurp: Me::toadnaani:
Steve: Was spoiled beforehand but immediately recognized the Minecraft blocks. Welp....this is certainly a thing...but honestly are people really THAT surprised?:nessecho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom