• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Its been almost 12 hours since the reveal. How is everyone enjoying the reveal so far?
I'm still super excited and happy. This is definitely in my top 3 character reveals.

:ultinkling:, :ultsteve: , and :ultminmin are gonna be my main 3 for this game. Unless something crazy happens and someone like Octolings, Waluigi, or Yuri joins, I don't think they're gonna top my current favorites with the rest of these reveals.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m really stumped on Geno’s chances now though. If there’s a Mario rep it would have be the perfect time now not later after the anniversary. Geno would also be an E3 worthy reveal.

Makes me wonder if he’s really missed his chance again. And if so whose on the rest of the pass?

I kinda of doubt a Pokémon rep now as again this would be the perfect time to do it. Could it still happen? Sure but it feels less likely.

kinda of betting on Travis Touchdown for fighter 8 tbh.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m really stumped on Geno’s chances now though. If there’s a Mario rep it would have be the perfect time now not later after the anniversary. Geno would also be an E3 worthy reveal.

Makes me wonder if he’s really missed his chance again. And if so whose on the rest of the pass?

I kinda of doubt a Pokémon rep now as again this would be the perfect time to do it. Could it still happen? Sure but it feels less likely.

Geno's a character that's likely as he's ever been, but also not in any way confirmed.

He's never moved from his spot of "Could happen", alongside literally every other character that exists. I'm kinda glad he's NOT FP7, not because I don't want him, but because I'm begging his fanbase to not cling to every small coincidence and rumor as thinking "He's in". This was a huge wakeup call, I'd hope, but I also know people are thinking there's a massive E3 conspiracy going on right now and that CP8 was 'also' an E3 reveal or some **** so....

Has no one learned by now? Leakers just do not know who the characters are atm unless it's high time for them to drop.

If we do get another Square rep, I think Geno has a very, very good shot, but clinging to every conspiracy theory and rumor needs to go.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Timing is irrelevant to Smash reveals. Sakurai and his team works on these characters at their own pace and they get revealed/released when they are ready not to coincide with outside release schedules, unless they are coincidentally happening at similar times.

They probably plan on doing them in a specific order based on priorities, etc. But they're not working to fulfill outside quotas.

Plus we've got the plague that's making things even harder to stay on schedule.

Shroob

Sup?
Timing is irrelevant to Smash reveals. Sakurai and his team works on these characters at their own pace and they get revealed/released when they are ready not to coincide with outside release schedules, unless they are coincidentally happening at similar times.

They probably plan on doing them in a specific order based on priorities, etc. But they're not working to fulfill outside quotas.

Plus we've got the plague that's making things even harder to stay on schedule.
....ehhhhh......

I mean, straight up, we have hard evidence that Steve's announcement was being held back for upwards of two weeks, this is proven by just how many missing news articles and tournaments we have on the New's site, which are 100% going to be filled up now that Steve is in, and the reason he was held back is.... oh, right, Minecon is the exact same day that his Sakurai Presents is.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Its been almost 12 hours since the reveal. How is everyone enjoying the reveal so far?
I've warmed up to him being in Smash and there's still four spots left. For Xeno fans like myself and you Lamperouge Lamperouge , there's still hope.

It's made me change my predictions a bit as well.

And remember there could always be something like an Indie Mii Costume with Music or a small "Trinket-sized" change for the update like character sorting for example.

I'm gonna head off to bed shortly. Gonna post story stuff and then bed. I did good today.

Shroob

Sup?

"The power of imagination can't save you now."
"Nrghhh Otacon, what's this... tall, weird thing?"

"Snake! That's an Enderman! They're a mysterious, but incredibly dangerous species that hail from an alternate universe known as The End... Thankfully, as long as you don't look 'em in the eyes, you should be fine."

"....."

"....Snake?"

"....."

"...H-Hey, Snake?! You didn't look one right in the eyes, did you?"

"........"

"Snake? SNAKE?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I only gave my brief thoughts on Steve since he released but to sum it up.

It's a thing...

Steve as a character, I'm very much indifferent towards, honestly. Never got into Minecraft and was never really interested. I completely understand why he's here, but of course there's plenty of other characters I personally would prefer. But I did just get Min Min my current favourite DLC fighter as well as Dark Samus and Ridley (my previous numbers 2 and 3 respectively) so I can't really complain if we get a character I didn't want.

....ehhhhh......

I mean, straight up, we have hard evidence that Steve's announcement was being held back for upwards of two weeks, this is proven by just how many missing news articles and tournaments we have on the New's site, which are 100% going to be filled up now that Steve is in, and the reason he was held back is.... oh, right, Minecon is the exact same day that his Sakurai Presents is.
Never even heard of Minecon...but you said it was held for about two weeks? I mean that doesn't really go against what I said, two weeks is nothing compared to how long it takes to actually make a the whole character and the timelines were close enough for the reveal to line up with Minecon anyways. It's not like when Steve was originally greenlit, Sakurai and Nintendo planned for this exact time to reveal him to lineup with Minecon.

Shroob

Sup?
I only gave my brief thoughts on Steve since he released but to sum it up.

It's a thing...

Steve as a character, I'm very much indifferent towards, honestly. Never got into Minecraft and was never really interested. I completely understand why he's here, but of course there's plenty of other characters I personally would prefer. But I did just get Min Min my current favourite DLC fighter as well as Dark Samus and Ridley (my previous numbers 2 and 3 respectively) so I can't really complain if we get a character I didn't want.

Never even heard of Minecon...but you said it was held for about two weeks? I mean that doesn't really go against what I said, two weeks is nothing compared to how long it takes to actually make a the whole character and the timelines were close enough for the reveal to line up with Minecon anyways. It's not like when Steve was originally greenlit, Sakurai and Nintendo planned for this exact time to reveal him to lineup with Minecon.
I mean, I'm pretty sure they didn't plan most of their 2020/2021 reveals to line up how they did/will do, but then Covid happened.

Regardless, they absolutely held back Steve for Minecon, since Sakurai's presentation goes live right before it goes live. Now, when I say "Held back", I mean his advertising. He was very clearly done ahead of time, but they dropped him in a time that would benefit them and Minecraft in general the most.

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
Thinking about how we have a playable zombie just named Zombie.

Would like to hear what brought about choosing that as an alt..
Ease of implementation? Like, Zombie shares the exact same body structure as Steve, so you can effectively just do a fast retexture and call it a day.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Someone just told me Steve's Smiley Face Mouth is actually a gotee... If that's true then that's ****ing gross and I like him even less now.
Beards are cool. He still has a mouth under his nose (it and the mouth are 2x1 pixels), it's a bit pinkish (seems a bit less pinkish in Smash for some reason but still).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Facial hair in general isn't gross. But having one that looks like a friggin smiley face on your head is.
You realize if he were round, and not, ya know, a cube, it'd look like any normal human's goatee, right?

Kiiiiinda sounds you're just being a wee touch nitpicky here tbh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ease of implementation? Like, Zombie shares the exact same body structure as Steve, so you can effectively just do a fast retexture and call it a day.
I get that but it just seems bizarre out of context. I think I like it more than the Enderman being playable because it's just funny thinking, ok, here's Zombie alongside Mario, Pikachu, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom