• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Tbh, I would not be surprised if Freddy actually was revealed to be a playable character.

That would actually be hype.
If Freddy is playable I would really like a Springtrap Mii costume.

Just so I can use It on my Purple Guy/William Afton Mii.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Steve got revealed for Smash!
Nah, that’s fake news. I heard it was deep faked. That wasn’t even Sakurai on camera.

We all know Geno is coming as Fighter 7.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think that’s the part that stings the most. The time. I have to wait so much longer for another chance at being able to be excited along with everyone else. And it is just a chance. It could just be Steve all over again.
I have a question....what will you do AFTER all the DLC is finalized and released and every character isn't what you wanted? Or even if you get a character you wanted and years down the line you get bored of the game?

D

Deleted member

Today was also the release of Super Mario 35.

Honestly, It is a really fun and addictive game just like Tetris 99 from the Little time I played It today this morning before college.

Even managed to get 1st in one of the three matches I had.

D

Deleted member

Hmmmm....what did I miss here?
Oh hey welcome back

I knew I remembered that sig from somewhere...
I think that’s the part that stings the most. The time. I have to wait so much longer for another chance at being able to be excited along with everyone else. And it is just a chance. It could just be Steve all over again.
I mean if it's any condolence, I already know my wants are not getting in. So I just sit here and hope the next character is at least one I know about, if nothing else.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I haven’t and I know I won’t ever get my most wanted no matter how much I campaign, how much I shout, no matter how many times I invoke a magical incantation...

...and it’s sad that the newspapers will go the way to the dinosaur eventually. What’s a Paper Boy to do but join the greatest crossover?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have a question....what will you do AFTER all the DLC is finalized and released and every character isn't what you wanted? Or even if you get a character you wanted and years down the line you get bored of the game?
I don't know. Because long term isn't really why I'm upset. I want to feel included in a group and I want to be excited for something. So after Smash is over... I suppose I move on to the next thing. But it's becoming increasingly hard for that to work anymore.

Like Crash 4. I should be super excited for that! And at times I am.... but it's not all encompassing the way hype for something like Smash is. Probably because the current behavior of the games industry gives me no reason to believe that it will sell well and revive the series. Why would it? It's not dark. It's not serious. It's not deep. It's not emotional. You don't shoot things. And it's not a souls like.

I just don't know anymore. I feel like when I was a kid I was always excited for the next thing. There was always something to look forward to and I always had a blast! And then... it all just kind of went away. Because even with the things I like that are still around, I don't have enough faith in other people to believe they will stick around afterwards. Not to mention I had a small group of IRL friends that I spent endless amounts of time talking with about all of it. I wad really close to them. And then they all just... stopped responding to my messages. Like I was outdated and they needed to move on for the sake of progress. I really miss them.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I think I missed something. Was there some sort of big announcement or something? Are we getting Fighter 7 yet? Is it Dante? Geno?
It's a mystery. Heard a block builder game by your man from Sweden decided to put a character in the game with all the Nintendos. Wee Jack is gonna love it to play, you know the game with the plumber guy and uh, the fella with the sword. You know......Zelda.

Think that's a question you should ask all of us to be honest one day.

Keep in contact with the friends here somewhere else and keep being friends with some cool people here would be my answer.

D

Deleted member

I don't know. Because long term isn't really why I'm upset. I want to feel included in a group and I want to be excited for something. So after Smash is over... I suppose I move on to the next thing. But it's becoming increasingly hard for that to work anymore.

Like Crash 4. I should be super excited for that! And at times I am.... but it's not all encompassing the way hype for something like Smash is. Probably because the current behavior of the games industry gives me no reason to believe that it will sell well and revive the series. Why would it? It's not dark. It's not serious. It's not deep. It's not emotional. You don't shoot things. And it's not a souls like.

I just don't know anymore. I feel like when I was a kid I was always excited for the next thing. There was always something to look forward to and I always had a blast! And then... it all just kind of went away. Because even with the things I like that are still around, I don't have enough faith in other people to believe they will stick around afterwards. Not to mention I had a small group of IRL friends that I spent endless amounts of time talking with about all of it. I wad really close to them. And then they all just... stopped responding to my messages. Like I was outdated and they needed to move on for the sake of progress. I really miss them.
Feels like maybe you should expand your horizons a bit, if you literally can't find a group you feel you "fit into."
Like.. maybe try a new hobby? That's exactly how I got into card games and look where I am now!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The bolded part is your answer. You are no longer a kid.

As a kid, the world is a wide and wonderful place where even the smallest things can bring joy and fascination. Even into high school and the teenager years. This sense of childish wonder and excitement fades over time obviously. The older you get, the more experienced you are but you also view the world as it is rather than what you want it to be/what it can do for you. It differs person to person obviously but it’s proven that things that used to excite someone when they were younger isn’t the same as when they are older.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh, I would not be surprised if Freddy actually was revealed to be a playable character.

That would actually be hype.
I think I'd enjoy Freddy more as an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume, tbh, but who knows, Sakurai's got an obvious knack for creating amazing movesets even when he has his doubts about a particular character.

FNaF having any representation in Smash would be cool. I'd like to see more Indie stuff in Smash even as non-playable content. Smash has become more of a celebration of gaming worldwide than ever as of today, so it only seems fitting.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's a mystery. Heard a block builder game by your man from Sweden decided to put a character in the game with all the Nintendos. Wee Jack is gonna love it to play, you know the game with the plumber guy and uh, the fella with the sword. You know......Zelda.
Sounds awfully like Minecraft...they would never put that in Smash...

Dutch Raikuna

I don't know. Because long term isn't really why I'm upset. I want to feel included in a group and I want to be excited for something.

Then try. I know what it is like to have friends to stop keeping in contact with you. It hurts but drifting apart is a natural thing whether we all like it or not. Over the past six months for instance I've drifted from my brothers and one of my friends IRL.

I find it hard to trust people like you but I know when I see someone who would stick by you as a friend. A few people on here and IRL are part of that to me. now.
An old friend who knew me back when I really hated social media broke down in laughter when I told him about you guys (just online friends no forums or anything else) but I'm drifting apart with him cause frankly he's a bit of an ass who should have went to college to mature.

The person who I've gotten to know the past year that has had the biggest influence on me was a local shopkeeper who told me to join here to give me confidence and as a stepping stone. I owe it to that guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I'd enjoy Freddy more as an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume, tbh, but who knows, Sakurai's got an obvious knack for creating amazing movesets even when he has his doubts about a particular character.

FNaF having any representation in Smash would be cool. I'd like to see more Indie stuff in Smash even as non-playable content. Smash has become more of a celebration of gaming worldwide than ever as of today, so it only seems fitting.
I could even actually see a FNaF stage being quite fun if done right.

Like a stage where you are in the camera room of one of the games, and the hazards would be the non-playable animatronics doing a jumpscare which makes the Fighter getting close to It unable to move for some seconds.

D

Deleted member

Think that's a question you should ask all of us to be honest one day.
Personally I dunno. I'm not a long term kinda guy.
When I originally joined.. well it was towards the end of the 4 era and Smash Ultimate was just a few years round the corner, so I imagine I'll stay here and chill, even if I don't exactly have too much in common with the average user here. I'm mostly in the social thread anyway so it's not like much is lost there.

Don't really like thinking long term tbh. Makes me feel depressed.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I think your biggest issue is the overreliance on other people to boost your own happiness.

Firstly, happiness is overrated. It's a temporary emotion and can be compromised very easily. Something as simple as a stubbed toe can ruin your moment's current happiness.

Second, you need to focus on just being more present within yourself. You are sitting here feeling left out of a conversation that others are enjoying. Do you feel this way every other time you're by yourself? When you're sleeping? When you're eating? Going to the lou? When you are playing video games? If not, then why do you feel this way now? What's so different now then when you're on the potty? Perhaps you get up to get a snack in those moments you're not having a meaningful conversation, but you feel differently then as you do now. Even if all of your irl friends left you for whatever reason. They have their reasons, and if they weren't good reasons then they weren't cut out to be your friend to begin with. Abundance, there's plenty of other friends you've never met still out there. This may sound arrogant but you need to consider it a privilege for others to be in your life, not the other way around (as long as you don't gloat about said privilege, you choose them and if they don't want to be there for you then you don't have to stay with them either)

Third, you probably need a purpose. Some sort of mission in life. A mountain to climb. Focus on climbing it while having a goal to build yourself towards. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm assuming you are young as most users here are, so don't stress yourself if you haven't thought of anything meaningful for yourself yet. Some people don't even find their purpose until they are old and grey. But take up hobbies, try things out for a time and see what resonates with you. If something clicks then do that. Even if you have "more important" things to do like work or school or whatever, try to fit it into your schedule, even if it's just a bit at a time a day.

I'd also suggest meditation as it'll help you learn to stay present and in the moment.

D

Deleted member

I guess that my mountain to climb would be the chance of spending more time with people who appreciate my presence and make me feel better about how I am nowadays.

I seriously lacked time with those kinds of people for quite a good chunk of weeks, but ever since I started college and stood further apart from the Smash community (on which I've had many bad experiences) I've been finding myself meeting more people who do enjoy my presence and have even said It proudly.
And while as someone with anxiety I do have my concerns about how specific people see me online... It really isn't as bad as It was in past weeks since now I feel there are genuiely physical people in contact with me who I can get contact with really easily, so I feel way more calm about it.

So yeah, in my case the problem would be a matter of perspective and situation. The better those get is the more calm and well I feel.

I do apologize for this wall of text, but this conversation people are having with Snake made me think more about this week and why I felt well enough to return.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m so sad I totally missed this...

It seems that Twitter is down, huh.

You caused this to happen with your crazy magical crossover powers!
Yeah it was down for about a minute and a half. Steve broke twitter lol
I love how through all the **** that’s happened, especially in this year alone, none of that broke Twitter, but Minecraft Steve in Smash did.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think your biggest issue is the overreliance on other people to boost your own happiness.

Firstly, happiness is overrated. It's a temporary emotion and can be compromised very easily. Something as simple as a stubbed toe can ruin your moment's current happiness.

Second, you need to focus on just being more present within yourself. You are sitting here feeling left out of a conversation that others are enjoying. Do you feel this way every other time you're by yourself? When you're sleeping? When you're eating? Going to the lou? When you are playing video games? If not, then why do you feel this way now? What's so different now then when you're on the potty? Perhaps you get up to get a snack in those moments you're not having a meaningful conversation, but you feel differently then as you do now. Even if all of your irl friends left you for whatever reason. They have their reasons, and if they weren't good reasons then they weren't cut out to be your friend to begin with. Abundance, there's plenty of other friends you've never met still out there. This may sound arrogant but you need to consider it a privilege for others to be in your life, not the other way around (as long as you don't gloat about said privilege, you choose them and if they don't want to be there for you then you don't have to stay with them either)

Third, you probably need a purpose. Some sort of mission in life. A mountain to climb. Focus on climbing it while having a goal to build yourself towards. I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm assuming you are young as most users here are, so don't stress yourself if you haven't thought of anything meaningful for yourself yet. Some people don't even find their purpose until they are old and grey. But take up hobbies, try things out for a time and see what resonates with you. If something clicks then do that. Even if you have "more important" things to do like work or school or whatever, try to fit it into your schedule, even if it's just a bit at a time a day.

I'd also suggest meditation as it'll help you learn to stay present and in the moment.
I always shoot for 2 things. Saying no to "normal" and self improvement. Normal is used to average groups and explain details, but to many ask and expect to be "normal". Average height is 5ft. Well you are above average or below. But it does not really matter. Dont strive for being like everyone else.

2. Self improvement. Take yourself today and try to improve anything tomorrow. Does not mean you are broken and sometimes there is nothing that needs work. But the point ia to try and be a better person.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wrote up a news article about it but I didn’t see Sakurai’s tweet about it. I just added it in. Last night, I went to bed shortly after the reveal trailer. I was dead tired and also a bit drunk. So I missed all of the outages (except for Smashboards).

Going back to being dead tired, I’ve been waking up as early as 4 am lately. Not sure why. My alarm is at 5 am but I do try to wake up naturally 10 minutes early since my phone vibration thingy is broken and, if my alarm goes off, it wakes up my wife and two kids since we all sleep in the same room.

But for whatever reason I’m usually up at 4 am lately.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Didn't realise you were in your 30's but you're the same age as the shopkeeper guy I said earlier and you're right about friends like he is. I owe it to that guy.

"Even if all of your irl friends left you for whatever reason. They have their reasons, and if they weren't good reasons then they weren't cut out to be your friend to begin with. Abundance, there's plenty of other friends you've never met still out there."

I'm so glad I have friends who I've know for 6 years now. There's stuff I always wished I did with people but I gotta make the most of it. And I know one friend IRL didn't have good reasons but I moved on. I'll make more in the future, I just don't know it today.
That was tough for me to think about at one point about friends is that I was always comparing to myself sub-consciously to my own siblings and their experiences.

2020 has been a changing year for me in that aspect. It's been the people here first and foremost who has played a role in helping me change. And those people here, I know I will be friends with a few of you guys for years to come.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sucks so much that Smash fans messed up so hard with me mentally that I can't look at Banjo or Artorias without having awful memories of times I really want to not remember again.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I always shoot for 2 things. Saying no to "normal" and self improvement. Normal is used to average groups and explain details, but to many ask and expect to be "normal". Average height is 5ft. Well you are above average or below. But it does not really matter. Dont strive for being like everyone else.

2. Self improvement. Take yourself today and try to improve anything tomorrow. Does not mean you are broken and sometimes there is nothing that needs work. But the point ia to try and be a better person.
I agree with self-improvement, striving to be a better version of yourself is something we should all aim for. That's one thing the climbing the mountain metaphor refers to.

"Normal" wouldn't be the term I'd use since it's a very subjective term. What's "normal" for one person is absolutely bat**** crazy to another. And in some cases "normal" by your interpretation is exactly what you may need depending on your situation and how you/your body resonates to it. Some people absolutely despise a 9-5 job, they think it's a waste of time and energy, but others work best under a consistent schedule and appreciate the free time they get afterwards.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I agree with self-improvement, striving to be a better version of yourself is something we should all aim for. That's one thing the climbing the mountain metaphor refers to.

"Normal" wouldn't be the term I'd use since it's a very subjective term. What's "normal" for one person is absolutely bat**** crazy to another. And in some cases "normal" by your interpretation is exactly what you may need depending on your situation and how you/your body resonates to it. Some people absolutely despise a 9-5 job, they think it's a waste of time and energy, but others work best under a consistent schedule and appreciate the free time they get afterwards.
Fair. I usually use it as a means to define ones self. You should be happy with you and not look to the averages as reasons you are broken or superior. I bet i am not explaining it very well. People tend to look at something, like height and go "average is 5ft. I should be that." And not focus on self improvement. Shoot for the "normal". Which does not help because one is chasing a goal outside of their control.

Self improvement. Be a better you.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom