• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I get that but it just seems bizarre out of context. I think I like it more than the Enderman being playable because it's just funny thinking, ok, here's Zombie alongside Mario, Pikachu, etc.
Maybe the Mii costumes won't have a strong Minecraft focus and they wanted to squeeze in as much fanservice as they could?

Dunno, Enderman is the only "Wait what?" choice, but even then.... it's kinda cute and cursed at the same time, I love it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Still feel like they should've done something like a Skeleton instead of an Enderman

Actually, huuuuuge missed opportunity for Herobrine
Herobrine is just Steve with pure white eyes. You'd need to give him a different outfit so people can tell who's who but then is it really Herobrine?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Doesn’t explain the Enderman tho
The Enderman seems to be based on a Skeleton model; the only difference between a Skeleton model and Steve or Alex is that its arms are 2x2 instead of 4x4 or 4x3 (the rib cage and stuff of a skeleton isn't fully modeled, but a texture with transparent parts), so I guess they did a model swap sort-of thing but wanted an Enderman.

I'd like it if a Skeleton was included but I'm really happy with the Enderman; the Creeper, the Wither, and the Enderman, are my top 3 favorite mobs. I was at first hoping it'd just be Steve and Alex with alts including Tuxedo Steve and Dress Alex, but I'm also very happy with this outcome.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Steve has a beard in Smash, which is what he use to have in Minecraft before an update removed it. He does, however, still often appear in official art with the beard despite not keeping it in the game anymore.

Steve's current, clean-shaven look.

Steve with his beard in artwork.

Steve's appearance in Smash with a beard.

Steve's early appearance in Minecraft with his beard.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Herobrine also usually keeps the beard even after Steve himself lost it.

Mostly because almost everyone still saw it as a smile and thus it added to the creep factor.

Nowadays Herobrine's kind of a discredited meme of a Creepypasta, but in the early days man did MC players manage to come up with some really elaborate and creative ways to make him freaky within the setting.

Shroob

Sup?
Herobrine also usually keeps the beard even after Steve himself lost it.

Mostly because almost everyone still saw it as a smile and thus it added to the creep factor.

Nowadays Herobrine's kind of a discredited meme of a Creepypasta, but in the early days man did MC players manage to come up with some really elaborate and creative ways to make him freaky within the setting.
1601604854784.png

Perhaps the same could be said of ALL spooky spaghetti

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 287906

Perhaps the same could be said of ALL spooky spaghetti
"Shrug"

Most of those that were arguably good horror stories to begin with usually get a resurgence in popularity years after it first dies out.

People just get tired of hearing about the same monster and story all the time after a while, and the scare factor wears off when too many people try to replicate it, reference it, or just when they know what to expect from it.

Once that cools down, people usually begin to show an appreciation for it again. Whether it's fully genuine now that it's not all over the 'net or simply out of nostalgia for the horror may vary.

Shroob

Sup?
"Shrug"

Most of those that were arguably good horror stories to begin with usually get a resurgence in popularity years after it first dies out.

People just get tired of hearing about the same monster and story all the time after a while, and the scare factor wears off when too many people try to replicate it, reference it, or just when they know what to expect from it.

Once that cools down, people usually begin to show an appreciation for it again. Whether it's fully genuine now that it's not all over the 'net or simply out of nostalgia for the horror may vary.
Oh, there's definitely a lot of good ones, don't get me wrong, Ben drowned is still iconic as ****(Granted, I have not kept up with the Jadusable channel at all.... yes, it's STILL ongoing).

But oh man.... all the ****ing Jeff and his Jeff clones...... ugh lol.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh, there's definitely a lot of good ones, don't get me wrong, Ben drowned is still iconic as ****(Granted, I have not kept up with the Jadusable channel at all.... yes, it's STILL ongoing).

But oh man.... all the ****ing Jeff and his Jeff clones...... ugh lol.
Truth be told.

Jeff was so elaborate and overly dramatic that I never found him to be scary, honestly.

I got caught in a screamer prank featuring his iconic image once, and even then the only thing that got me scared was how LOUD it was.

So I've been thinking

Is Steve the first black character in Smash that isn't an alt? Like, you can't tell me his default isn't at least lightskinned.

If you respond with DK or Diddy, you're ugly.
I think it's just supposed to be a generic skintone that was designed with no specific race in mind, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom