• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Real Talk, SNES online had a really good starting line up. Far better than what the NES online started off with in terms of quality to non-quality ratio.
The blind fanboy in me really wants to start up a pointless argument that disagrees but also agrees with this sentiment. lol

:mad088:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Keep in mind that Smash Ultimate came out in an era where logos are becoming more and more minimalistic, so it's appropiate that the Smash logo follows that trend as well.

Less is More sometimes.
i legit hate the trend of minimalist logos, it just screams lazy

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I dunno about lazy tbh.

But I feel I probably should stop talking about Graphic Design for now so going to leave it at that.
I could probably answer it for you but my brain is not working. I just did IT Graphic Design for a year and more or less forgotten everything.

I was going to say that its not laziness but rather easier to stand out and replicate for marketing or something.

D

Deleted member

I was going to say that its not laziness but rather easier to stand out and replicate for marketing or something.
That's literally the answer I was going to give lmao

But anyway I'm gonna shut up for now, got stuff to do anyway that I've been neglecting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think minimalism is inherently bad, but nothing about Ultimate's logo pops out to me or sticks in my memory like most Smash games. I think good logos should tell you what a game is all about first and foremost, and Ultimate's doesn't really do that. If anything it does the opposite - The logo is simple and clean, while Smash Bros is a crazy, chaotic and colorful game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think minimalism is inherently bad, but nothing about Ultimate's logo pops out to me or sticks in my memory like most Smash games. I think good logos should tell you what a game is all about first and foremost, and Ultimate's doesn't really do that. If anything it does the opposite - The logo is simple and clean, while Smash Bros is a crazy, chaotic and colorful game.
To be fair, I don't think an overdesigned logo would go well with Ultimate's already colorful and vibrant boxart.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
i legit hate the trend of minimalist logos, it just screams lazy
I mean I think it depends on the circumstances of what the logo is for. More decorative ones can work but sometimes simple is more effective. No logo should be overdesigned to the point where it takes away from the product it’s advertising.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
2 hours into the game.
First thing I noticed is that the Toads pratically commited genocide against a race of talking tress.
Second thing I notice that there's already more unique characters in the intro first area than there are in Color Splash and Sticker Star.
Third thing I noticed is that battling is actually fun. However, there's no EXP, which is a real shame imo.
Fourthly, there are friendly enemies in the game, idk why they pretended that it was just toads.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Just uh, gonna say this right now.

No EXP was a shame but uh, I really liked that ending. Like, REALLY liked it. I'm so glad it turned out the way it did and I'll leave it at that to avoid spoilers

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What exactly do you mean? I'm not following.
Sucker Punch Productions made Sly Cooper, Infamous, and Ghost of Tsushima. I guess Snake's upset/annoyed because going forward, they're likely going to put all of their focus on a Ghost of Tsushima sequel as opposed to a Sly Cooper game (I'm not familiar with Ghost of Tsushima, and I don't know how big of a studio Sucker Punch is, but if it's like Breath of the Wild in terms of scale, the whole studio will probably have to make that their priority), and also because of the general industry trend of moving away from smaller, more focused titles and towards larger and larger open world games.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, I'm out of the loop. We're supposed to have a direct? Or it it like, a rumor?
I mean its basically a leak at this point.

The guy that put out this rumor is the same one that knew of the mini direct six weeks in advance, Gamestop added a bunch of switch games, Insiders are backing that reveals of the Pikmin Collection and Mario collection are soon, Their last big title is now released, smash bros site removed the new tag, and other insiders are backing it and Gamexplain reported on it and they don't do that unless its credible.

So it might not be a true direct as we have no official announcement yet, but a stacked mini presentation seems likely on monday.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Don't drink or eat sweet things or caffeine before bed, avoid napping during the day and don't stare at electronic screens for long duration before heading to bed. Blue lights upset your sleep schedule. So before going to bed brush your teeth, shower etc you feel more sleepy after a hot bath or shower because your body is trying to readjust to the room temperature just get in bed and you'll be good.
Especially avoid having any energy drinks as well.

Anyways, it looks like Falcon & the Winter Soldier which would've made its debut in August on Disney+ is delayed as we know that they were due to shoot in Prague, Czech Republic back in March before production got halted due to the pandemic. They are set back to shoot a couple of scenes in Prague next month and they will possibly unveil a new premiere date soon. On the otherhand, WandaVision is still planned to premiere on Disney+ in December as scheduled.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Have we passed the cutoff time for when a Monday Direct would be annnounced?
Usually yes, but since lockdown, Nintendo has drop announcements at the most random times. So it could still happen, but there's its more likely the monday direct is a mini that will be dropped.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Have we passed the cutoff time for when a Monday Direct would be annnounced?
Usually yes, but since lockdown, Nintendo has drop announcements at the most random times. So it could still happen, but there's its more likely the monday direct is a mini that will be dropped.
I’m thinkin’ they’ll announce it over the weekend at some point, too many insider dudes have backed it up and none mentioned a mini direct. Yeah they don’t usually announce stuff on weekends, however they have on some occasions and this isn’t a normal year.

Of course it could still be a mini anyway, in which case maybe it’ll focus solely on Mario.

Dutch Raikuna

Sucker Punch Productions made Sly Cooper, Infamous, and Ghost of Tsushima. I guess Snake's upset/annoyed because going forward, they're likely going to put all of their focus on a Ghost of Tsushima sequel as opposed to a Sly Cooper game (I'm not familiar with Ghost of Tsushima, and I don't know how big of a studio Sucker Punch is, but if it's like Breath of the Wild in terms of scale, the whole studio will probably have to make that their priority), and also because of the general industry trend of moving away from smaller, more focused titles and towards larger and larger open world games.
I can see why she is concerned and yeah I wish there was more experimental open world games. I really like Ghost a lot though. I think it's brilliantly done in a lot of ways. The real major annoyance has been the animation work as it really feels disjointed a lot and the story is a bit generic.

I just more experimentation in the genre. I don't want anything grand like Red Dead or Breath of the Wild. Something more experimental and has a unique premise. Gravity Rush is a great example of that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not just discord. It's cloudflare.

It took out a bunch of sites.

Internet literally went brrrrrr.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Don't you love it when both Discord and Smashboards go down simultaneously?

SB's back up, but Discord's still struggling it seems

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Playing through Heroes in Another Dimension in Star Allies. Got to the final boss with 99 friend hearts. I've never felt this feeling outside of Crash Bandicoot before. I quit and restarted and I am pretty sure I've got it in the bag this time.
What exactly do you mean? I'm not following.
Colorful and fun action heavy experiences are being abandoned in the name of slow "strategy" based open world games. These people used to make Sly Cooper, and now they're making another dime a dozen soulslike.

Dutch Raikuna

Colorful and fun action heavy experiences are being abandoned in the name of slow "strategy" based open world games. These people used to make Sly Cooper, and now they're making another dime a dozen soulslike.
They are not all the same Snake. Just because it has the same base of open world doesn't mean they are the same "slow" stuff.

And also you know this is their first game in like 6 years right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom