• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk how long it’s been...but I’ve only JUST realized SB has a discord server...not sure if it’s worth joining or not tho...might be a trap

D

Deleted member

idk how long it’s been...but I’ve only JUST realized SB has a discord server...not sure if it’s worth joining or not tho...might be a trap
I only use discord specifically for card games(cough Bushiroad Remote Fight cough)and school communication, so I have no interest in joining any other servers at the moment. As for if it's a trap... don't think so, pretty sure people have talked about it here and confirmed that.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
does anyone know how to fix a sleep schedule?
i’m constantly staying up until 4 and waking up at 2 pm
and then when i try to sleep i can’t because i was sleeping until 2 pm
Don't drink or eat sweet things or caffeine before bed, avoid napping during the day and don't stare at electronic screens for long duration before heading to bed. Blue lights upset your sleep schedule. So before going to bed brush your teeth, shower etc you feel more sleepy after a hot bath or shower because your body is trying to readjust to the room temperature just get in bed and you'll be good.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Don't drink or eat sweet things or caffeine before bed, avoid napping during the day and don't stare at electronic screens for long duration before heading to bed. Blue lights upset your sleep schedule. So before going to bed brush your teeth, shower etc you feel more sleepy after a hot bath or shower because your body is trying to readjust to the room temperature just get in bed and you'll be good.
I personally use an orange screen saver app for phone and laptop that gives both screens an orange tint after a certain time. It's nice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I only use discord specifically for card games(cough Bushiroad Remote Fight cough)and school communication, so I have no interest in joining any other servers at the moment. As for if it's a trap... don't think so, pretty sure people have talked about it here and confirmed that.
inb4 this is bait to get me to snitch on my secret comrades then they make me swim with the switches

D

Deleted member

Gonna write all that down as I also need better sleep schedule.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, this explains a lot.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Geno Boost

Smash Master
As a graphic designer these all look fine to me. I dunno what you're getting at. If anything the older logos have not aged well(the squeezing of "Super" and "Bros" in the original logo just looks off and is distracting for example)
I would agree that 64 looks outdated but definitely smash ultimate doesn’t seem to have the the best logo design compared to the previous titles I believe It can be improved but currently it feels like a placeholder logo.
Maybe we both have different taste.

D

Deleted member

I would agree that 64 looks outdated but definitely smash ultimate doesn’t seem to have the the best logo design compared to the previous titles I believe It can be improved but currently it feels like a placeholder logo.
Maybe we both have different taste.
I don't disagree with that either, the older logos definitely have that nostalgic charm. And granted the tools we have today are vastly different from the ones the devs had to use in 1999, so it's excusable for the logos to not age well.

However from a purely Graphic Design perspective(I'm no expert obviously but I know my stuff) the SSBU logo is easily the best; unlike the previous logos it doesn't do anything crazy(granted the earlier logos didn't either) but most importantly... it's simple and concise, the 2 most important things in a logo. While previous logos had larger words, bold typefaces to emphasize the actual title(along with various differences to highlight the differences between the games, such as the minor background shading for Brawl to emphasize the darker tone) the SSBU Ultimate logo is simple, with nothing special about it save for the Smash Insignia built-into the letters and the Smash Ball. Smash Bros has kinda become a household name by now so they don't have to go crazy with fonts and bolding words or any distracting shenanigans like that to get noticed: for Smash Bros all they need is the insignia somewhere and they're good to go.

Comparing the older logos to the SSBU one is like comparing night and day, while the SSBU logo is literally just regular text with some minor bending on a few letters and a few unique elements. While on the on the other hand the older logos had a lot of very bold(quite literally) often huge logos that were fine in 2007 but not so anymore, where simple and compact logos are the name of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No direct announcement yet. Which if we don’t get it, means it’s probably a mini on Monday.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Keep in mind that Smash Ultimate came out in an era where logos are becoming more and more minimalistic, so it's appropiate that the Smash logo follows that trend as well.

Less is More sometimes.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's hoping we get a Direct on Monday. In the meantime, I've got nothing going on this weekend, so I think I'm going to focus on playing Bug Fables. I'm in the third chapter, and while hard mode is tough (I still have trouble with getting the blocking down), I think I'll stick with it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ghosahsoh.jpg

Just saying but Ghost of Tsushima has been pretty damn awesome so far. Outside of some animation issues and Kurosawa Mode being slightly disappointing I think I might have a second contender for my Game of the Year after The Outer Worlds.

As for anyone who got Origami King, how are you guys enjoying it?

Edit: Top picture kinda sucked thinking about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's hoping we get a Direct on Monday. In the meantime, I've got nothing going on this weekend, so I think I'm going to focus on playing Bug Fables. I'm in the third chapter, and while hard mode is tough (I still have trouble with getting the blocking down), I think I'll stick with it.
I'm personally waiting on like 5 different packages so I can upgrade a Trial Deck I bought.

Been a week now and none of them have got here :(

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Alright, I’ll try these things. Thanks!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 278882

Just saying but Ghost of Tsushima has been pretty damn awesome so far. Outside of some animation issues and Kurosawa Mode being slightly disappointing I think I might have a second contender for my Game of the Year after The Outer Worlds.

As for anyone who got Origami King, how are you guys enjoying it?

Edit: Top picture kinda sucked thinking about it.
Sighs. Nobody is immune to the soulsborne hunter of the Wild curse. Rest In Peace Sly Cooper.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sighs. Nobody is immune to the soulsborne hunter of the Wild curse. Rest In Peace Sly Cooper.
Have you played the game? It's not like it.

If anything its more like Horizon Zero Dawn that from what I've played. And you comparing every game to those two is pretty bad.

For me it's a dream game I've wanted. An open-world Samurai game. Is it perfect? No but it satisfies me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom