• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They are not all the same Snake. Just because it has the same base of open world doesn't mean they are the same "slow" stuff.

And also you know this is their first game in like 6 years right?
Cool. Still really disappointing. Let's hope this makes them lots of money so they can use that money to fund more interesting stuff.

Also, I've watched the trailers for this. It aint no DMC that's for sure. It's slow, exploration, strategy based open world combat.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Also, Origami King does offer some cool lore that SS and CS failed to do.

I dare say that the exploration bit of Origami King gives me TTYD vibes, and that's a really good thing.
well i'm glad to see TOK seems to be a small step in the right direction at the very least

not a full return to form, but seems BETTER than the last two paper marios at least

Shroob

Sup?
So....

Looks like if there is a Direct on Monday, it'll be a shadow drop like the last one, meaning it'll probably be a mini.

....well, who's ready for 2 months of "Can you guess which Pokemon from Galar will be playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate?!"

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Cool. Still really disappointing. Let's hope this makes them lots of money so they can use that money to fund more interesting stuff.
Yeah but still. Dime a dozen? And I don't see why you find it disappointing. For many people like myself, this is a game I've dreamed of for years being an open world samurai game. It's not perfect (animation work is an issue) but it does the job.

I just think you're generalising a bit, that is all. I can see the fatigue with open world games and wish their was far more experimentation akin to something like Gravity Rush or Final Fantasy XV.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
well i'm glad to see TOK seems to be a small step in the right direction at the very least

not a full return to form, but seems BETTER than the last two paper marios at least
Yeah, I was actually surprised that there's some actual story in this game considering how basic as hell SS was and how much missed opportunity CS had. And the battle system is actually really fun when you got a bunch of enemies and line them up well (I just really wish there was XP), and the fact that the badge and item system returned over the consumable item system just really makes the game much more enjoyable. This game would be perfect if it has more traditional partners and XP imo, those are the two main things that's dragging it down.

Sorry if I just rambled on about this, I'm just shocked on how much of a step up this is.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

So, if Nintendo doesn’t announce the direct this weekend, or if they don’t just shadowdrop a normal direct for the first time for some reason, we could be getting a mini direct after all since they don’t know if it’s a mini or not.

I really hope they don’t pull what they did with the ARMS character’s announcement, good gosh.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

So, if Nintendo doesn’t announce the direct this weekend, or if they don’t just shadowdrop a normal direct for the first time for some reason, we could be getting a mini direct after all since they don’t know if it’s a mini or not.
And if it's a mini, I'm keeping my expectations low.

Which is very strange because, they have no ****ing games coming out

But at the same time, the last mini really didn't give us... anything substantial.

D

Deleted member

The movie was really good.

My favourite part was when Indiana Jones destroyed an entire tank on his own alongside his father.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So....

Looks like if there is a Direct on Monday, it'll be a shadow drop like the last one, meaning it'll probably be a mini.

....well, who's ready for 2 months of "Can you guess which Pokemon from Galar will be playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate?!"
I think we have a decent shot of them just shadow dropping the trailer. If Min Mins is done, so is that one. I doubt they make us wait.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Edit: This is what kills this thread. My life long mission finally complete.
Your power is immense. How is anyone supposed to follow that up? Nobody could post anything better. Everyone's just speechless.

D

Deleted member

If there ever was a theme park where I could meet and greet with the DQ8 Hero, Samus Aran, Sakura Amamiya, Jet Jaguar, Soundwave and the Fantastic Four you can bet I would book tickets with my IRL friends for that place.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think they sell merch at the Japan area of Epcot.

This sounds incredible.
The Japan store has amazing merch, from great films like spirited away, really cool Pokémon merch, hats, etc. probably my favorite shop there

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom