• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I beat the second Vellumental boss in Origami King, and then I took a break a couple hours ago

Firstly, some things I learned
So, the first Vellumental, the Earth Vellumental, is some kinda of deity in the Mario Universe that's worshiped by Koopa Troopas. It's been in battle a long time ago, and has since retreated back into it's den a long time ago, which has then become a tourist attaction in modern times. Koopa Troopas often make pilgramiges to go worship the Vellumental, though they worship a picture as the real om is sectioned off. King Olly was able to find it before anyone else was.
The Water Vellumental is a little less clear, but it powers the rivers and lakes within the Mushroom Kingdom it seems. King Olly once again takes over that Vellumental, which causes all the rivers and lakes in Autumn Mountain to completely dry up. It's temple seems to be a bit of a sanctuary to more aquatic life such as Cheep Cheeps. However, people do pay their respects to such a diety.
It was stuff like that which I kinda wasn't expecting from a Modern Paper Mario game, in a way, that's what surprised me the most, the fact that this game provides some lore that SS and CS failed to provide.

Also, I'm starting to get the groove of the battle system, since I'm quickly learning that coins go away FAST.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Congrats. Now everything you do wrong is also officially your fault. :troll:
If I could reply with the essence of trepidation and loathing for the world spinning on its axis I would but since the English language isn’t advanced enough for transferring vague emotional turmoil I’ll just reply with a curse of disappointment....****

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think they sell merch at the Japan area of Epcot.

This sounds incredible.
Seriously. Universal is adding Mario Land so how about Disney does Final Fantasy Land?

Edit: Or Capcom Land! That would be sooo rad! Live combat shows themed to Street Fighter! A haunted house inspired by Resident Evil that’s like Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters mixes with Haunted Mansion! A Monster Hunter themed coaster where you RIDE A RATHALOS!

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Happy 18th, my dude.

It's all downhill from there :p
thanks so much my homie
Untrue. Now I'm free to go on dates without my parents' permission...

...if I had a boyfriend...

...****.
yes embrace the pesimissem

good...goood

Nah but your perfect and anybody would be lucky to have you keep being your brilliant self brother

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I got paper Mario OK and as someone who’s just played a little of the original and only knows the controversy from secondhand sources I can safely say

I am digging this game

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

osby

Smash Obsessed
Square Enix: "We can't work with Nintendo on cartridges anymore. Our game needs at least 3 disks to play!!!"

Microsoft: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7382...ysical-version-comes-with-10-discs/index.html:yoshi:
*Obligatory Flight Simulator for Smash comment*

Either these people don't know what compression is, or this is the most ultra-realistic content packed game to have ever been made.
It seems to be the latter.

Which is cool. Who doesn't want to play a game that has more content than their remaining braincells?

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
If they are remaking Sonic Adventure 1, I hope they’re putting in some honest to God elbow grease, because people are gonna be CHEESED if even one thing isn’t to their tastes. I know it’s inevitable, I’m just scared of the magnitude.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If they are remaking Sonic Adventure 1, I hope they’re putting in some honest to God elbow grease, because people are gonna be CHEESED if even one thing isn’t to their tastes. I know it’s inevitable, I’m just scared of the magnitude.
SA1 is the sacred cow of the older Sonic fans so ironically enough, just slapping HD models and textures on it and calling it a day might be better received.

Any further improvements would bring an ungodly amount of "modern SEGA ruined my childhood" salt.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Adventure 1 really needs a remake, but at the same time, it's jankiness in terms of everything in the gane has became a part of the charm that game had, for the wrong reasons, but still.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really hope it’s a collection of one and two. Partly it’s impatience but partly it’s me worried about cost.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I joined the SB discord server...was dead...then it lead me to Smachcord and now I have a buncha new emotes involving Samus

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well now I am officially by law an adult

Happy birthday! Sorry if I derailed the festivities, but this much I can say; adulthood may seem extremely imposing once you get down to it, but so long as you can analyze and follow each step of the way, as well as having a collage of friends and family to support you, it’ll all turn out in the end.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sonic's fans are always divided and because game development isn't easy, especially for Sonic games, I think they'd scrap a few story modes if they make that SA1 remake. That being said, the games still hold up better than what people on the internet say they would.

Though if SA2 gets remade the only things I'd demand are redesigning every Tails level to be less obnoxious and fixing the Treasure Hunt radars

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Got EA's Battlefront 2 on Steam during the sale. It's very hard to enjoy when you're either in or against a terrible team in any of the modes, but when it's competitive, it's good. Shame that support was dropped, even now it seems like there's content that should be there but isn't.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Sonic's fans are always divided and because game development isn't easy, especially for Sonic games, I think they'd scrap a few story modes if they make that SA1 remake. That being said, the games still hold up better than what people on the internet say they would.

Though if SA2 gets remade the only things I'd demand are redesigning every Tails level to be less obnoxious and fixing the Treasure Hunt radars
Frankly, the one thing I’d want most is changing it so that the only way Big an Amy can get around quickly isn’t just bunnyhopping all over the place. Anything after that is icing on the cake.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Either these people don't know what compression is, or this is the most ultra-realistic content packed game to have ever been made.

Flying Similator Game of the Millenium
That is indeed the idea, so the file size is not excessive. The assets are genuinely that high fidelity.

The description actually says this game is more massive than I expected: "Travel the world and experience over 2 million cities and expansive environments from mountains down to roads, trees, rivers, animals, traffic, and more. From light planes to wide-body jets, test your piloting skills and experience the challenges of night flying, real-time atmospheric simulation and live weather in a dynamic and living world."

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Would anyone mind if I drop some appreciation for one of my favorite game songs as of late? It’s a banger.
I adore this song and its variants; the instrumentation and general melody perfectly tell you everything that needs to be said; who you are, what you’re doing, what you’re dealing with, and ultimately, why you’re doing what you do. It encapsulates a mood of harmonious fear and wonder into a beautiful little ballad.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I hope valve doesn’t pull a Half Life and make Portal fans wait forever for literally anything.
I really don’t want to become a legal adult before Portal 3 is even announced.

Shroob

Sup?
I hope valve doesn’t pull a Half Life and make Portal fans wait forever for literally anything.
I really don’t want to become a legal adult before Portal 3 is even announced.
*It's been over 2 years since the last major TF2 update*

*Left 4 Dead 3 got ****canned in development*

*Half Life 3 was cancelled internally*

Get in line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom