• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Been talking with my Discord friends about our health and exercise routines alongside other things.

We found out that apparently I can walk 100,55m² in a single day based on my walks around my city.

They told me It was quite a feat and shows how healthy I am which is cool.
Healthier than me, my friend. Went on the swings in my grandparents village this week and got tired after 40 minutes non-stop. 16 year old me was able to handle 3 hours which proves I've became unhealthy and sadly can't do anything about it, being unable to get a daily schedule in me thanks to my loud household.

Should get round to fixing that bike now thinking about it.

So, uhhhh...I caved and put down an order for this thing recently:

I opted to make smaller payments every two weeks to pay for it, though. Hopefully I can get the Joker one at some point as well but that's just not in the cards right now.
I would get something like that but I'm trying to keep my shelves simple, just have books and game cases. Maybe in the future.

Still that is a work of art.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So, uhhhh...I caved and put down an order for this thing recently:

I opted to make smaller payments every two weeks to pay for it, though. Hopefully I can get the Joker one at some point as well but that's just not in the cards right now.
There's so many figures I want to buy but I still don't have a job ):
Look at this one though, it's beautiful ;~;
friezafirst.jpg

Dutch Raikuna

If we are still talking about figures.....

1595095022214.png

This truly, truly had my attention.

However, I prefer getting posters instead as it's easier to carry. And I had a plan to get key important ones.
My two main inspirations for story - Ico and Kino's Journey
Favourite Film of all time - The Shawshank Redemption
Favourite Western Game of all time - God of War 2018
Favourite Game Series - The Legend of Heroes (Gotten)

And something else...... Might get a few figures in the future, when I am away from anime and game haters whom I share the same blood with.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
For all the figurine talk, I actually bought two new Totaku figures a few minutes ago.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
If we are still talking about figures.....

View attachment 279045

This truly, truly had my attention.

However, I prefer getting posters instead as it's easier to carry. And I had a plan to get key important ones.
My two main inspirations for story - Ico and Kino's Journey
Favourite Film of all time - The Shawshank Redemption
Favourite Western Game of all time - God of War 2018
Favourite Game Series - The Legend of Heroes (Gotten)

And something else...... Might get a few figures in the future, when I am away from anime and game haters whom I share the same blood with.
KOS-MOS its been awhile.

D

Deleted member

I got my microphone today, A Snowball Ice. It was the last one they had at my local Walmart lol

Now I just need an adapter and I'm good to go

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Amiibo aside, I've probably bought way too many figures over the past two years.

I have a majority of the Hitoshi Ariga/Pokemon ArtFX figures, and will be getting the new Dawn figure later this month (after a two month delay) and have Red (FRLG) on pre-order for December. I have a duplicate Serena to get rid of as well; Amazon.jp had her for >$60 after shipping which is less than half of what they normally go for.

The upcoming Skyla figure was very tempting, but doesn't fit with the rest of the collection.

Would love to buy some Fire Emblem figures but they don't exist for any of the most popular characters (Marth/Lyn/Ike). Mega Man has the opposite problem: too many to choose from. There's literally a yearly fan festival for showing off Mega Man figures and they've announced official indivudual Robot Master figures. lol

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The only non-amiibo figure I have was the Mewtwo gallery figure. I don't have a photo of it handy, so here's an image of one from off the Internet.

Not exactly the fanciest and most expensive figure on the market but hey, I'm on a budget.

I also have Guzzlord and Mega Rayquaza plushes.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Unless we get an announcement by the end of tomorrow or a shadow drop happens, I'm losing hope for a July 20 Nintendo Direct.

D

Deleted member

I don't really collect figures, I collect rare cards sometimes

I have a decent amount of valuabe and rare cards and while most of them are in my bulk(I need to sort through that) I imagine selling my cards today(assuming people actually buy them) would easily net me $700-$1k

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I normally don't shell out this much a statue - I don't really buy many figures and statues period - but the option to make smaller payments on it actually made it possible for me to get one.

Royal was just...such a wonderful experience and I still get the feels from it and wanted to own some merchandise for it because the Persona high just won't leave me even after a couple of months of finishing it, ok?
I'm not judging you. In fact, I'm considering ordering it myself. Where did you buy it?

D

Deleted member

What better way to cap off a good day than with a good pizza?

20200718_210919.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

So be me and just spending the night playing Ghost of Tsushima.

All of a sudden my older brother (the one who has not talked to me in two ****ing months because of a coke) goes into my room, opens the drawer where I keep my snacks, looks around and closes it before walking out without a saying a damn word. Like what the absolute ****?

I mean, I know I'm the disowned sibling but my god. That's left me pissed. No respect for me at all now.

Like you really, really have to be wrecked or so full of yourself to do that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, today was a shockingly perfect day overall.

Need to thank a lot of you for helping with that since my Smashboards experience today was really smooth, chill and helpful.

Now after my mother finishes I will take a shower, brush my teeth and try to disconnect from my phone until tomorrow.

Hopefully this next day turns out almost as good.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

All of a sudden my older brother (the one who has not talked to me in two ****ing months because of a coke) goes into my room, opens the drawer where I keep my snacks, looks around and closes it before walking out without a saying a damn word. Like what the absolute ****?

I mean, I know I'm the disowned sibling but my god. That's left me pissed. No respect for me at all now.

God, that sounds real ****ed up.

I'm fortunate enough to have strong relationships with all of my brothers and couldn't bear the idea of them harbouring such disgust and/or indifference towards me. How long exactly has this tension and animosity between you guys existed?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I had some fun time playing Siege when all of a sudden I'm paired with this dude who was probably running the game using a plane wifi. How the hell can you reach the four digits with ping lmao

JPEG_20200718_215711.jpg

Dutch Raikuna

God, that sounds real ****ed up.

I'm fortunate enough to have strong relationships with all of my brothers and couldn't bear the idea of them harbouring such disgust and/or indifference towards me. How long exactly has this tension and animosity between you guys existed?
I'll PM you, JD and a few others' about it. Just want to stop doing it on the Social Thread and keep this to lightness. I'll feel a wee bit better. And one or two of you guys know a bit of the story,

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to play Ninja Gaiden Sigma, since I figure that Ninja Gaiden's a pretty big franchise and I haven't really given it a shot. I thought that, if the Castlevania games are any indication, the NES games will be way too difficult for me, so I decided to try one of the 3D games.

It's... been a mixed bag so far. The first level was fine enough - tough but doable, even if there wasn't much in the way of healing items. The second level adds wizards who can teleport into existence, hit me with a four hit combo, and then vanish before I can counter them, or appear while I'm fighting someone else and fire a homing projectile at me before disappearing again. That was frustrating enough (and ate through the few healing items that I had pretty quickly), but then the game introduced horse-riders.

For whatever reason, either this game doesn't have lock-on, or it does have lock-on but doesn't tell you how to use it. As a result, it's tough for me to actually hit the enemies that are on horses, given how quickly they're moving, and as I'm attacking one of them, another one shoots me with arrows, or stabs me with a spear and drags me around until I lose half of my health.

If I was fighting one or two of them at a time, it would be fine - it's an introduction to the enemies, and it's annoying but doable. However, every time I kill one of them (which is tough in itself), another one pops up. I have no idea how many there are, but it's at least five or six of them; between them and the wizards, it feels like the game is throwing enemies from the end of the game at me in the second level.

Maybe I need to check how to get health upgrades, like I did with Devil May Cry 1, or maybe there's some strategy that I'm missing. (I looked up a guide, and for the wizards, it says to use the Flying Swallow attack, though I'm not sure how to do that - the guide didn't list anything for the horse riders) Either way, it's a frustrating start so far. I can see why people want Ryu Hayabusa in Smash Bros., but I'm not sure if his games are the right fit for me.

Looks good! I have the same Crash figure, though I haven't gotten many of those Totaku figures other than that - just Banjo-Kazooie (as a gift for my brother, though this was before they were announced for Smash) and Viewtiful Joe. Who's the armoured guy?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Aside from loads of Amiibo, I have a Morgana POP!, a Pikachu POP!, action figures of Funtime Freddy, Chell, Gizmo, Piranha Plant, and Wario, and a Genji Nendroid. I’m most proud of my autographed 8-Bit Mario Amiibo. I met Charles Martine at a con a while back, he’s super nice.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

I get into fights with my older brother a lot but the longest we went without talking was half a day. Two months says "You need a therapist"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom