• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Viewtiful Joe isn't this thread's thing? A proto-Platinum action game? (pun not intended considering Joe's look) :yoshi:
Yeah, I honestly don't know why people tend to dislike that franchise around Discord and Smashboards.

I always found the idea of exploring through movies really cool, and the artstyle really sold me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not sure if I should buy the Switch port of regular Minecraft first or directly jump into Minecraft Dungeons instead.

I kinda have a bias for Dungeons as I like games where you fight hords of enemies.

Maybe TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , @SneakyLink or anyone else who owns both games can give me feedback.
I don't own Dungeons (though I did play the beta), but if you care more about fighting hordes of enemies, you should probably get it first; of course, if you get the PC version of Minecraft (Java Edition - if you don't own it already), I think there are servers and fanmade maps where you could do that too, but y'know, the maingame is mainly survival and building, and enemy hordes aren't common (and there are no giant hordes unless you get lucky with the enemy spawns I guess; idk, the closest thing to a horde I can think of is a rare event where zombies invade a village (if that's still a thing; I think it was gone for a while but it may have returned), and a bunch of ghasts and skeletons spawning in Soulsand Valleys but they nerfed the spawn rates there before the final release of the Nether Update; technically, there's a whole lot of Endermen in The End, but of course they're neutral and that's late game).

As for Dungeons itself, I haven't really played much since I only tried the Beta so far, but it was pretty cool, so if you like that stuff I think it would be a fun experience. I've heard it's kinda short, but you can replay missions/levels, trying to get all the gear and stuff. There's also going to be 2 DLC maps/missions if you want those; I think one may have released already (a jungle-based map).

Finally, regarding the Switch port of Minecraft, it's not really any different from the other Bedrock Edition versions, though it is pretty cool having Mario skins and stuff I guess, and of course you can't test new beta versions on Switch (not a big deal of course unless you really love trying new stuff early :p ). Bedrock Edition may also have some enemy horde maps, but I don't recall any in the shop so I'm not sure - and yeah, unless you find some free stuff on PC and you're playing the Windows 10 edition (like Java, you can get some stuff on it for free off of websites despite it having a store), you'll have to buy custom maps...

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
... yeah, I feel Viewtiful Joe isn't this thread's thing.

MegaMan 11 maybe? I liked that game.
I've always wanted to play Viewtiful Joe since his inclusion in Tatsunoko VS Capcom and MvC3. Too bad GameCube games ain't cheap and Capcom isn't willing to port the games to modern consoles.

But uh, Mega Man 11 is fun as **** and I love how snappy and intuitive swapping powers with the right stick feels. Mega Man's voice is still a little weird tho.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If a real Jurassic Park is ever built, know that I was the one behind it.

I can see it now. One of you is just waking up, scrolling through the news feed, and you see the park’s announcement and go “god damn it, Snake!”.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I can see it now. One of you is just waking up, scrolling through the news feed, and you see the park’s announcement and go “god damn it, Snake!”.
Thanks for the heads up.

D

Deleted member

I've always wanted to play Viewtiful Joe since his inclusion in Tatsunoko VS Capcom and MvC3. Too bad GameCube games ain't cheap and Capcom isn't willing to port the games to modern consoles.

But uh, Mega Man 11 is fun as **** and I love how snappy and intuitive swapping powers with the right stick feels. Mega Man's voice is still a little weird tho.
Yeah, Mega's voice felt kinda weird.

Although the voice acting overall was honestly a decent improvement in the series.

The music was cool too.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
So completely unrelated to OK, I've been replaying TTYD recently. Today the battlefield froze me twice in a row and I died to a boss fight I was totally winning because of it.

IDK what you guys are talking about Paper Mario was never good /s

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Said thoughts ended up killing TemTem.
Wait. Did it actually die?

As for Origami King. I'm disappointed, but still intrigued. I've dabbled into spoiler territory and some of the stuff I saw legitimately impressed me. We actually have a story with some emotional weight. Bowser is also awesome so that's a big plus. If it wasn't for gameplay being... bad? I'd buy it for certain.

I'm going to wait for now, but I still feel mostly positive about it. I try my hardest to critique games for what they are, and not what they aren't or what I want them to be. I don't think its fair to say something is bad because its not something else. That mindset has given me some odd opinions like me thinking Super Paper Mario is better than Paper Mario 64, or Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder being one of the worst games of all time while Zip Lash is just mediocre, but I have fun because of it. Ever since I've actively tried to examine games in that light, I've found myself enjoying more games than I did before.

That isn't to say you can't be disappointed something is straying far from its roots. I just think that each new take should be examined individually.

Then again, I'm the guy who actually liked Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Star Fox Zero, so maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Also **** Photo Finder. Most asinine gaming experience I've ever had.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know... I rarely see people talk about Viewtiful Joe online.

Feels like most Capcom fans don't care about that series... And It kinda sucks.

I really liked those games.
The Viewtiful Joe games were a lot of fun, though screw trying to play the first game on Ultra V Rated. I'd love to play as Captain Blue, but it's not worth going through a Fire Leo battle where you have to rely purely on sound cues and if he hits you while you're not transformed, he deals more damage than you can possibly take. (I think one hit does 32 damage or something like that due to the four times damage multiplier)

It's been a while since I played Viewtiful Joe 2 - shame that it didn't include additional playable characters like the first one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess the servers where on the fritz, because for some reason, I just kept disconnecteing even though conditions was perfect.

That's cool, means more time I can use to finish Isle of Armor.
Speaking is Isle of Armor...

You wouldn't mind helping me complete the pokedex would ya?

Sqrs

Smash Cadet
You know... I rarely see people talk about Viewtiful Joe online.

Feels like most Capcom fans don't care about that series... And It kinda sucks.

I really liked those games.
Dude Viewtiful Joe was fun but man it was brutal sometimes. I still play 1 and 2 although not as much. I need to play them again tbh.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Today I celebrated my grandmother's birthday.

My cousin showed up and after I greeted her was when her dad told me that she currently lives in the corona beer hotspot of the island

If my account goes dark you know I've died lol

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I mean, people genuinelly thought buying TemTem would be a big "suck it" to Pokemon and that Pokemon would have to try now if everyone bought it.

Said thoughts ended up killing TemTem.

So I'm sure people actually thought the boycott would work.
What ever happened to TemTem specifically? I remember seeing this one dude on NintendoEverything’s Twitter comments saying how it would dethrone Pokemon. Did something happen behind the scenes?
Not sure if I should buy the Switch port of regular Minecraft first or directly jump into Minecraft Dungeons instead.

I kinda have a bias for Dungeons as I like games where you fight hords of enemies.

Maybe TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , @SneakyLink or anyone else who owns both games can give me feedback.
At least you‘re trying the new stuff for Minecraft. I have done nothing productive but play 1.7.10 with 123 mods active this entire week.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder how many swear words aren’t censored here

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just saying but Ghost of Tsushima is so far......

Pretty damn awesome. Outside of some animations being repetitive I'm really damn loving it.

I said two hours but I'm tired.

Sqrs

Smash Cadet
Just beat DKC. Great game! Can really see the roots of Banjo in this. Hopefully more Rare games end up on NSO

Yeah. But this so called Chad doesn’t have routes. So it’s not all that great.
Nice. DKC is just great, hope you get the chance to beat DKC 2

KillerCage

Smash Master

Hey Snake, want to go to Moon Drop Summit?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So gonna be doing my first night at my place on Sunday so expect to see me posting more then.

Small steps. First few weeks once a week followed by twice a week to maybe three times a week until the end of August when I finally move in permanently.

Sqrs

Smash Cadet
So gonna be doing my first night at my place on Sunday so expect to see me posting more then.

Small steps. First few weeks once a week followed by twice a week to maybe three times a week until the end of August when I finally move in permanently.
Congrats

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What ever happened to TemTem specifically? I remember seeing this one dude on NintendoEverything’s Twitter comments saying how it would dethrone Pokemon. Did something happen behind the scenes?

At least you‘re trying the new stuff for Minecraft. I have done nothing productive but play 1.7.10 with 123 mods active this entire week.
Just realized I never answered your question.

TemTem died because it was labeled as a "Pokemon Killer" by disgruntled fans and the media. Such a bold claim put a lot of pressure on TemTem. Needless to say that TemTem wasn't the Pokemon Killer they hoped it was, and the disgruntled fans left TemTem to rot because of it. TemTem died as a result, and it wasn't even the fault of the developers. It's because hating on Pokemon was the hip new trendy thing, and TemTem got hit in the crossfire.

And then TemTem was getting paid DLC for cosmetics, and that turned a lot of people away from it.

And then the Pokemon DLC was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom