• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
The renders on the side were used from a Soup Can, the ones on the tower are from 3D World, on the front are from Mario Party 10 except for Toad and Mario. I think Mario's is from another Mario Party game, but idk on Toads other that it's an OLD render
Okay that’s cool and all but
F25403BF-82F0-4852-8C19-88AF413D8453.jpeg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tanabe really puzzles me with that statement.

It’s like he doesn’t even know Paper Mario started out as an Mario RPG Sequel.

A game that was beloved because it switched up the Mario universe into something unlike anything we have seen before. Hence why 64 was going to be a follow up.

The series didn’t not get big because of low creativity or generic npcs. So what is he even thinking?

KillerCage

Smash Master
With all the Paper Mario talk, let's bring up some positivity. What is your favorite boss from the series? Mine is the Crystal King.
View attachment 278748
If we are talking about the boss characters, there is too many to choose from: Koopa Bros, Rawk Hawk, Mimi, General Guy, Fracktail to name a few.
If we are talking about the boss fights themselves, then I have to go to the fiend him himself...
MachoGrubba.JPG

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I don't know anymore.

Not sure what to ask the thread.
Real talk tho, why wouldn't it be safe to come back here? Everyone in this thread has been pretty civil so far and voiced legitimate concerns and criticisms about Origami King. Hell, I still see a bit of optimism about the game and people genuinely excited to pick it up, and that's cool. I'm still interested in playing it for myself even if I'm disappointed with the direction the series seems to be stuck in (that, and $60 is steep).

Social thread ain't like those...other places.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Real talk tho, why wouldn't it be safe to come back here? Everyone in this thread has been pretty civil so far and voiced legitimate concerns and criticisms about Origami King. Hell, I still see a bit of optimism about the game and people genuinely excited to pick it up, and that's cool. I'm still interested in playing it for myself even if I'm disappointed with the direction the series seems to be stuck in (that, and $60 is steep).

Yep and why do you think I'm here. I prefer civility over fire fighting like Reddit and GameFaqs.

You guys are down to earth on this stuff.

Also half hour until Ghost of Tsushima unlocks!

D

Deleted member

It's not because of this thread.

It is just that It feels as if everywhere I go around the internet people care too much about talking Paper Mario... That they don't pay attention to anything else.

Before asking Shroob here, I had trouble around many Discord servers asking for help with the SuperStar Saga stuff because they were too busy complaining and having arguments about TOK... And It kinda makes me sad.

Call me whatever you want, but as someone who has been phisically harmed by family members over feeling any excitement towards videogames or stuff like that I don't feel well whenever I see people I enjoy talking with being heavily invested on getting sad or down over videogames.
It just leaves me with a weird spot in my soul knowing how my family has treated me in the past over that.

Last edited by a moderator:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Mario's doing the exact same pose, wow.
The other characters also give off similar energies to the ones seen in Ace Attorney covers
Bowser also reflects how a ton of Ace Attorney covers have a giant person in the background.
And ‘Super Mario’ is right where ‘Ace Attorney’ would’ve been if it were an Ace Attorney cover.

Dutch Raikuna

It is just that It feels as if everywhere I go around the internet people care too much about talking Paper Mario... That they don't pay attention to anything else.

Before asking Shroob here, I had trouble around many Discord servers asking for help with the SuperStar Saga stuff because they were too busy complaining and having arguments about TOK... And It kinda makes me sad.

Call me whatever you want, but as someone who has been phisically harmed by family members over feeling any excitement towards videogames or stuff like that I don't feel well whenever I see people I enjoy talking with being heavily invested on getting sad or down over videogames.
It just leaves me with a weird spot in my soul knowing how my family has treated me in the past over that.
Dude you have places. You're just not taking advantage of them enough. You have our Discord group. Get everyone you like on the forums onto it or something.

I'm gonna jump off shortly for Ghost. Make it of what you will. Tongue is sharp cause I'm trying to quit caffeine by the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dude you have places. You're just not taking advantage of them enough. You have our Discord group. Get everyone you like on the forums onto it or something.
I'm gonna jump shortly for Ghost. Make it of what you will.
Yeah, that's true.

I could invite some more people if possible.

D

Deleted member

Tbh i'm glad I'm not actively going back and forth in heated debate for once. Even then I imagine most people weren't very optimistic towards Ora gami King so this isn't another PKM Sword where people were super hyped and optmistic but had those hopes shattered, most people for Origami King likely figured this wasn't going to be another Thousand Year Door or a return to the roots.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if I should buy Minecraft for PC or Switch.

For one side Switch has the cool Mario DLC which I could get alongside the Pac-Man one easily.

On the other side PC has the option of fan mods which is really cool.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Not sure if I should buy the Switch port of regular Minecraft first or directly jump into Minecraft Dungeons instead.

I kinda have a bias for Dungeons as I like games where you fight hords of enemies.

Maybe @TheCJBrine , SneakyLink SneakyLink or anyone else who owns both games can give me feedback.
I don’t have Dungeons yet, but it does look like something I would grab.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I admit, I actually do enjoy having these conversations with you guys. Even though I'm the optimist in this situation, I still enjoy having these discussions because quite frankly I have nobody else to discuss this with, and because I like gathering different opinions.

Plus, it's not like Twitter where people shut you down by memes or insults, or Resetera where you just get permabanned for disagreeing. Or GameFaqs that's somehow still alive. Or Reddit which I don't think I need to explain.

D

Deleted member

I admit, I actually do enjoy having these conversations with you guys. Even though I'm the optimist in this situation, I still enjoy having these discussions because quite frankly I have nobody else to discuss this with, and because I like gathering different opinions.

Plus, it's not like Twitter where people shut you down by memes or insults, or Resetera where you just get permabanned for disagreeing. Or GameFaqs that's somehow still alive. Or Reddit which I don't think I need to explain.
Yeah, I can understand that you want to vent your thoughts on a Game anywhere.

But I don't know, when I read your posts It feels as if... You are deeply depressed about It maybe?

And yeah, as I said seeing people depressed about videogames gives me this weird spot inside... As I was educated by my family to not have any of those feelings over games through undesirable stuff.

Maybe if you tell me you aren't that depressed about It i wouldn't be as worried... Hopefully.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yep and why do you think I'm here. I prefer civility over fire fighting like Reddit and GameFaqs.

You guys are down to earth on this stuff.

Also half hour until Ghost of Tsushima unlocks!
I used to frequent GameFAQS hard from 2011 through 2014, and the amount of toxicity and trolling I witnessed during that time was enough to turn me off from message boards for a few years. Glad I eventually caved in to the Ultimate speculation hype and discovered this place, though.

That's fair; it isn't much fun to be ignored in favor of complaining about the hottest new thing, especially when you're seeking help and trying to create a more positive vibe.

That being said, I'm sure the negativity will ease up significantly once more people get to play the game for themselves. Nothing about Origami King makes it seem like a complete dumpster fire that people will **** on for years, hell, even months from now, IMO.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Just here browsing the internet to take a break from IRL stuff.

Also started playing Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga today.

Hoping you had a decent day.
Oh alright
Nice to see you back on here though
Life's been crazy over here but i'm handling it as well as I can lmao

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I can understand that you want to vent your thoughts on a Game anywhere.

But I don't know, when I read your posts It feels as if... You are deeply depressed about It maybe?

And yeah, as I said seeing people depressed about videogames gives me this weird spot inside... As I was educated by my family to not have any of those feelings over games through undesirable stuff.

Maybe if you tell me you aren't that depressed about It i wouldn't be as worried... Hopefully.
I'm not depressed over Paper Mario. Annoyed with Tanabe, maybe, but I'm still looking forward to OK.

Also, quarantine isn't doing me any favors.

D

Deleted member

Oh alright
Nice to see you back on here though
Life's been crazy over here but i'm handling it as well as I can lmao
Glad to hear you are trying to handle It all.

Will try to be online everytime I'm not with my IRL friends, as I feel safer with the people from here and Discord.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So the story revolves around Merlastra, a shaman who wants to help Mario defeat Bowser in a different way by creating obstacles and challenges for Mario to overcome and winds up joining up with Bowser to create said obstacles and help Mario defeat him, her magic sketchbook and pencil Scribble and Sketch see their user becoming obsessed and making dangerous creations and fearing her becoming lost in her goal, they decide to seek out Mario to try and stop her. An attempt to reclaim the drawing tools causes most of Scribble’s pages to get torn out and scattered, so the two decide to flee with Mario and Peach in separate locations. It’s up to Mario and Peach to travel the world to reunite and reclaim Scribble’s pages before Bowser and Merlastra claim them and use them for her twisted creations.

My goals for the fame was to the series to its traditional formula while incorporating some QOL changes but also add and better flesh out some elements from Sticker Star and Color Splash that had potential. I also have artwork of the new characters and partners I have in mind so far.
go on, i like your ideas so far

Shroob

Sup?
Also, absolutely crazy that Nintendo has no other game schedueled after Origami King except Bakugan.

Crown Tundra doesn't have a date, and everything else is MIA
Well, there is a Direct rumored for next week, which people like JonGamexplain seem to be backing, so there's that.

But outside of "Available....now!", there's going to be quite a lull in content releasing.

D

Deleted member

I hope the next Direct shows anything involving Metroid and a Switch port of 3D World with Pauline playable.

Both would make my day.

Here's hoping the luck which made a new Alex Kidd game and Skate 4 happen hits me up again.

Dutch Raikuna

Jump onto Discord @JDCabrera if you want to beef it up or anything.

Sure a few guys would be fine to ask.

I'm just gonna link Wade my story and then I'm cutting social media for two hours. Back after.

D

Deleted member

You know... I rarely see people talk about Viewtiful Joe online.

Feels like most Capcom fans don't care about that series... And It kinda sucks.

I really liked those games.

D

Deleted member

... yeah, I feel Viewtiful Joe isn't this thread's thing.

MegaMan 11 maybe? I liked that game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
go on, i like your ideas so far
So this game will have two halves, one half will be Mario’s side and the other will be Peach’s. Both will have their own chapters, areas, battles, partners, etc., They’d only have 4 partners each but they’d have more abilities and attacks as well as characterization and story presence. Here’s some descriptions and art of the characters:
EE5632FC-A312-4580-AC57-D4B3591309F8.png

Merlastra: A young Shaman who possesses great magic power that manifests through art with the help of her sentient sketchbook and pencil Scribble and Sketch. She has what could be considered a “DM complex” as she wishes to have full control over a situation and affect both sides as much as possible.

189C99BB-7CE6-4CC9-9C8E-21B106DBA7A0.png

Scribble and Sketch: The companion aka “Tattle” characters are a duo of a magic sentient sketchbook (Scribble) and pencil (Sketch) that are incapable of vocal speaking, only using writing. They belong to the Shaman character before she becomes interested in Bowser and his forces and decides to make him her muse. Mario has Scribble and Peach has Sketch and they’d need a temporary pencil/sketchbook to communicate. They hold info about the characters, battle stats, enemy info, location maps (which would incorporate a fast travel system using Paper Pipes made from Scribble’s pages).

3138EC22-E7A4-464B-9FD0-E1BB787C1388.png

Rezqueen: A female Reznor, leader of Tri-Dino Village: a village of Reznors, Rexes and Dino Rhinos. At the beginning of Mario’s adventure, her 4 sons were kidnapped by the minions of Merlastra to use in her creations so she proceeds to joins Mario to rescue them.

5B19EFC6-FA01-45D6-9CF6-08F676D72CA5.png

Jakitu “Jaki”: A female Lakitu who works as a Lakitu Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it reach its potential. Growing up, she was always pitied and seen as small and helpless even among other Lakitus and her own family. She wished to step up and prove herself useful which is why she became a Cloud mechanic, but she sees Mario as a chance to prove how strong she and her mechanical enhancements to her Cloud are.

D91E1E1C-4BCF-4809-A9B3-9F5EC410E2C9.png

Scuttlelee: A rookie boxer from the slums of New Donk City, after narrowly losing his latest attempt to go the distance, he’s decided join Mario on his quest to grow stronger and take on as many foes as he can.
9F75911B-4353-4515-B5D1-C965B604B980.png

Daisy: After escaping from the earlier scuffle with Sketch, Peach finds herself in a familiar desert and seeks out her friend’s kingdom in order to seek shelter at first but decides to recruit her friend to help her on the journey back to the Mushroom Kingdom.

2D621C20-BF5D-49BF-9DF4-9D705D2443D7.png

Roshin: A Yoshi sick of the cutesy stigma his species has perpetuated and break the mold with his edgy persona is part of a super secret organization and tasked with taking down the cult mentioned earlier as well as the forces the Shaman has created, and decides to team with Peach since their goals align.

265B78F6-62A1-40C3-AF5A-9BDEBFD0D99D.png

Karade: A Duplighost who’s a current understudy in a stage theatre who dreams of becoming a full actress, she’s capable of nailing the appearance of anyone she needs to portray but is lacking in terms of performing/voicing the part and joins with Peach to help with more stealthy tasks as well as getting better with her own disguises. Madame Flurrie is her idol and inspiration to join the theater.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I think weirdly For old school paper Mario fans the people who create these games do have a right to make the game how they want and become and do what they feel is right for their series

but I also think it’s a tightrope the creators must walk on between changing what they feel is right even if it’s not for the better and listen to the general consensus of the people who loved the original source

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom