• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ok, I'm highlighting this because even if the future of Mario RPGs is mixed, I think we can all agree on this.

What the **** happened to the Mario Sports games? It took a nosedive fast during mid 3DS and Wii U era. Aces is an exception, but after Golf on 3DS, the rest feel like $10 cash grabs.
On one hand I want a Mario Baseball 3 because the Wii one is a genuine masterpiece. On the other hand, I worry that it will be bad because of the recent direction of the sports spinoffs.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So in light of that Paper Mario interview, this is officially my mood right now...
c2f - Copy.jpg

I remember getting excited when The Origami King was first announced, because we were hearing rumors that the next Paper Mario game after Color Splash would be a return to form, and the trailers for The Origami King showed some signs that they were at least trying to bring Paper Mario back to its roots... then we started seeing some extended gameplay, and it turns out that they were repeating the same mistakes they made with Sticker Star and Color Splash (mainly, no EXP and resources being too plentiful)... and then we get this interview, and it comes off like the dev teams heard all the fans criticisms about the last two games and just didn't care...

If fans want a "true" Paper Mario game, it seems like the best bet is to look for alternatives. Bug Fables is usually brought up (and for good reason, since not only is it a great game on its own, it also gives Paper Mario fans exactly what they want), but there's also others (some of which aren't out yet at the time of this post but look promising) like...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My sister recently bingewatched all of Darkwing Duck, and now she's throwing together a Darkwing "Disneybound" for herself. Now she's talking about making me a Launchpad Disneybound against my will.

HALP

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And they don’t stop comin’.

https://twitter.com/Pikmin4JP?s=21

Can anyone check this one’s email if they can? I would but can’t get on my PC right now and it’s confusing me on mobile.

of course I guess it’s kinda sketchy to do what they did to see if the Mario account could be real but I want my Pik-a-mins man...
Didn’t check the email but still the April date is a little sketch. It may not be recent but is probably someone who picked up on the Mario account earlier.

F-Zero and Mario were at least registered same month so those are likely real.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I'll buy the Mario and.... SOMEHOW F-Zero one, but anything else is really sus.

....am I even alive rn? There's potentially a ****ing new F-Zero on the horizon?..... Really?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
SUMMER STEVEN!
29F84B69-1953-48C1-91E0-5CD8BDA4D8FC.jpeg

And with a pretty sweet Pokémon choice. Also we have one more summer unit coming. Which I bet is Cynthia as they’ve hinted at swimsuit Cynthia previously and even recently.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So in light of that Paper Mario interview, this is officially my mood right now...
View attachment 278833
I remember getting excited when The Origami King was first announced, because we were hearing rumors that the next Paper Mario game after Color Splash would be a return to form, and the trailers for The Origami King showed some signs that they were at least trying to bring Paper Mario back to its roots... then we started seeing some extended gameplay, and it turns out that they were repeating the same mistakes they made with Sticker Star and Color Splash (mainly, no EXP and resources being too plentiful)... and then we get this interview, and it comes off like the dev teams heard all the fans criticisms about the last two games and just didn't care...

If fans want a "true" Paper Mario game, it seems like the best bet is to look for alternatives. Bug Fables is usually brought up (and for good reason, since not only is it a great game on its own, it also gives Paper Mario fans exactly what they want), but there's also others (some of which aren't out yet at the time of this post but look promising) like...
I agree, Bug Fables was a total joy. I put 40 hours into it and for the most part really loved it. Exactly what I wanted as an OG Paper Mario/TTYD fan.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Didn’t check the email but still the April date is a little sketch. It may not be recent but is probably someone who picked up on the Mario account earlier.

F-Zero and Mario were at least registered same month so those are likely real.
Yeah at first, after a very short conversation on Twitter with the person I learned of it from, it was explained to me why it was fake (it having less a’s than the other accounts and the profile pic being zoomed in), however another user caused me to realize it could be some weird mistake-

-but after doing a bit of digging a minute ago, I found that other users on Twitter found nothing when putting the account through the password reset page, so I’m gonna assume it’s definitely fake and just be thankful we’re getting Pikmin 3 Deluxe :olimar:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Did the "issue" with Bug Fables ever get resolved?

I'm interested in the game, but I've heard story after horror story that the people working on it were mistreated and not paid what they were owed. If that got all sorted out, I'd consider picking it up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Knowing that Mario hasn't had a legitimately great spin off game in years be like:
Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario + Rabids, and Mario Tennis Aces were outstanding though.

Super Mario Party was pretty great too.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So for the first time in over a year, I've decided to start replaying Breath of the Wild. Master Mode didn't really do it for me at the time it was released, but now that I'm going back at it with a fresh point of a view I'm really enjoying it this time. The game feels new to me again.

I love how much this game rewards your creativity. Everything from the combat system to the puzzle solving just has so many ways to approach it, and it's all thanks to it all being based around a really well fleshed-out physics engine. I've managed to "cheese" two shrines so far. I'm probably not the first to use this method, but I found that using the stasis rune to clear Hateno's frustrating apparatus shrine is so much less annoying then doing it the "proper" way.

Anyway, I think the problem I had last time I tried Master Mode was being too conservative with weapon usage, which led to me actively avoiding most combat interactions. I'm going into this playthrough with a "use it or lose it" mentality, so while I'm still trying to be strategic with my weapon usage I'm not as worried about breaking a +69 attack uber lynel sword on some random bokoblin or something if it's the last weapon in my inventory.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
does anyone know how to fix a sleep schedule?
i’m constantly staying up until 4 and waking up at 2 pm
and then when i try to sleep i can’t because i was sleeping until 2 pm

D

Deleted member

So we're going have to go back to school in person.... but the only precaution my school district is taking is requiring masks. -_-

I mean on the one hand around 50% of people here don't have any internet so going online would kill the education of these kids(and they have a right to an education so the district doesn't have a lot of options here) but at that rate just ****ing delay the school year by a few months and see if corona dies down again. At worst we just won't have a whole lot of summer which I imagine most parents and faculty would be fine with.

D

Deleted member

is it true cool looking logos are dying?
As a graphic designer these all look fine to me. I dunno what you're getting at. If anything the older logos have not aged well(the squeezing of "Super" and "Bros" in the original logo just looks off and is distracting for example)

D

Deleted member

Thanks! It was about time I switched back to Joker (I should probably find a good Yu icon one of these days...)

Loved yours, too, it's super cute.
Thanks!

Decided to return to It since I feel It fits me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I went over to my place today to get the feel of things. Decided I might go back and fourth everyday for a few hours to adjust more along with staying there a few nights. This might also help my dog get more used to it that way given she's not used to change.

So you'll expect to see me posting more then again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can’t wait for all the “Nintendo bad” and “why would they dooooooo this” conversations surrounding Origami King. I don’t even have any strong feelings towards the series. I just get frustrated with all this... stuff.... going on. It’s like.... a new game coming out should be cause for celebration. A culmination of years of hard work from people who just want to make something entertaining. Not... this. It’s like anti-hype. Interaction with it absorbs and destroys excitement for anything else.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I had a dream that they added a Chun-Li assist trophy, but all her voice clips were muffled rips straight from Street Fighter II

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can’t wait for all the “Nintendo bad” and “why would they dooooooo this” conversations surrounding Origami King. I don’t even have any strong feelings towards the series. I just get frustrated with all this... stuff.... going on. It’s like.... a new game coming out should be cause for celebration. A culmination of years of hard work from people who just want to make something entertaining. Not... this. It’s like anti-hype. Interaction with it absorbs and destroys excitement for anything else.
I'd like to see more positivity for that game as well (I think it looks cool) but blaming people for voicing their problems with a series they like will just bring you more complaints as they'll have to explain what they dislike again.

Tuning them out and just enjoying the game/finding people who enjoy it is a way better way to escape from negativity.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So the general consensous on Origami King is that it's just ok to actually pretty good (in some cases, surprisingly).

Sure, the interview was a hype killer, but the game itself seems pretty fine. I feel like I'm on the ball by saying it'll probably be another Super Paper Mario situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom