• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well... guess Guh-Huzzah is in a baaaaaaaaad situation.

The post wrote itself!

I voted "Wait, Smashboards was down?". Mostly because I was watching Hercules when this all happened.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’d always thought you’d die by trying on a life sized replica of a Freddie Fazbear suit made by a cosplayer who got a little TOO accurate with the details...
I always thought I’d die in a way that‘s something like this.
D9676B0F-CDDA-4B05-B82B-104752A11E32.png

Now to figure out how I’d end up in this situation.

Edit: I need sleep before I post more dumb and weird things.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, I dunno if I'm late to the party but

Remember a few days ago where I found it dumb that Megas weren't going to be in Sword/Shield?

.....yeah about that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, I'm wondering what the balance patches will be like too. I we got some cool stuff for the Shotos before.

It'd be really crazy to see new moves and stuff like other fighting games, but I don't that'd happen.

Guys, I think I'm starting to simp for Min Min.
Know your worth King.

Shroob

Sup?
Z25 Z25 TheMightyP TheMightyP

They found Mega Stone sprites and party sprites for Mega Evolution added in the Isle of Armor patch.... Gen 8's metagame is going to be in absolute shambles come Crown Tundra rofl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They found Mega Stone sprites and party sprites for Mega Evolution added in the Isle of Armor patch.... Gen 8's metagame is going to be in absolute shambles come Crown Tundra rofl.
iirc this is slightly wrong informs to on. Yes the stones exist but they have been there from the start. Could be wrong.

I know for a fact Pokémon home has had them and a bunch of other scrapper data like Z moves.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m just gonna echo this point Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna said earlier before I go to bed.
Finally in working order.

So guys during the shutdown, me and Wademan94 Wademan94 (tagging you because it was your cool idea from a few days back) got to talking with a few others about a Discord version of the Personal Project Showcase.

Would any of you guys be interested in it?
I’m turning my personal server into this project so please get in touch with me if you’re interested.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What took you so long?
The fanart made me realize how cute she is.

I don't have too much faith in that, but they did bring back almost every Mon that can Mega Evolve, so um...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If mega evolution does return, then I have a hunch you won't be able to dynamax and mega evolve at the same time. After all Rayquaza couldn't use z-moves when mega evolved, despite being able to hold a z-crystal.

Besides, some pokemon have both mega and gigantamax forms, and the game probably won't let you use both at once.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Is this new stuff? I remember hearing that ever since Gen 4, they haven't removed any item data, so the code for all the old items is still there.
Finally in working order.

So guys during the shutdown, me and Wademan94 Wademan94 (tagging you because it was your cool idea from a few days back) got to talking with a few others about a Discord version of the Personal Project Showcase.

Would any of you guys be interested in it?
I'd be down for it. I think it's a format that's much better for sharing stuff and getting quick feedback.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Parts of how I'm gonna write my Lost Tapes episode idea of Mega Bear (Arctodus simus), whenever my writers block finally goes away.

-Beginning with these two hikers, one of them showing the other this beautiful spot, an cliff over an lake, they then hear something before the bear comes out of the bushes and kills them.

-As the father and children are driving to the location, the radio talks about the two missing hikers, which had happened to occurred around the same area, telling campers to be cautious.

-Upon setting up camp and settling down, they hear noises from the bushes but before they can find it, whatever caused it disappeared.

-The following night after roasting marshmallows and going to sleep, they hear noise again and the sounds of stuff dropping, thinking its an grizzly bear, the father tells his children to stay quiet as an shadow of the short-faced bear can be seen through the tent, after an few moments, it disappears.

-The next day, they go fishing with the father teaching them how to, while doing so they come upon the mauled body of an grizzly bear which the father assumes was the result of another grizzly.

-As they return, they find their camping area completely destroyed, tent torn up, food everywhere, stuff all over the place, if that's not the worst of all, the fathers truck has been heavily damaged beyond repair, claw marks all over it and the tires destroyed, leading to the father to think it was the grizzly bear the following night.

-With no help of any other campers nearby or wifi, he and his children goes looking for other campers who could be in the area, as they do this, they begin to hear the bear following them, the father tries to scream and yell to scare it away but to no avail and assures his children will be okay.

-As they continue to search for help, they finally encounter the bear who had caught up to them but to their surprise is not like any grizzly bear known and rather bigger with an short face with white markings and longer legs, as it draws closer and realizing staying still isn't helping, the father tells his children to run as they try to get away as fast as they can distracting the bear by pepper spraying it.

-Night falls and thinking they had lost the bear, the children begins to cry being scared about the situation, the father comforting them and that they'll make it out of this, as they proceed, the bear can be heard again forcing them to get away quicker, they narrowly avoid the bear again, catching an brief appearance of it again.

-They come upon an grisly sight, upon catching an awful stench, underneath some grass and leaf material is not only the carcass of and dead moose but those of the two missing hikers as well. The father gets his children not to look.

-Exhausted from running all night, he and his children continues to hear the bear keeping up with them, having slowly stalked them taking its time, with no other options, they proceed to hide somewhere with the father making the hard decision to sacrifice himself (Wielding an camp knife) and fight the bear after finding a place to hide his son and daughter telling them to stay where they are and telling them how much he loves them despite their pleas to him not to go. As he goes to face the bear, his children hears him scream at it to take him on, a brief fight is heard soon following the cries of agony and pain from the father as the bear proceeds to kill him off-screen.

-The epilogue goes on to reveal when he and his children had never returned from their camping trip that an search party was put in place eventually finding the children who are clearly traumatized and brought back to their mother, the bodies of the missing hikers were never recovered having disappeared alongside with the fathers body though blood was found on the ground, their deaths all being listed as an grizzly bear attack with an search for the bear but it was nowhere to be found afterwards.

Pretty terrifying and emotionally distraughting right?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At least that's one person who loves me.

Because at this point I don't know who does anymore.
your family and friends love you
Jesus, I just got a 502 on this site.

They were just rocks, Smashboards.
Charlie Brown get any of those rock?
FemByleth was jealous Min Min got her stock icon first, so she attacked the servers in a furious rage.
inb4 it was Edelgard, Dorothea, Rhea, Mercedes, and Sothis...not Yuri tho...he a good boi
Guys, I think I'm starting to simp for Min Min.
she only makes me hunger
Wait...
Smashboards was down?
Guess so...and we missed out

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Is this new stuff? I remember hearing that ever since Gen 4, they haven't removed any item data, so the code for all the old items is still there.
That's what I've been thinking since there's still scrapped data of Z moves/Megas/etc., even in Pokémon Home.

Certain things are always there from the start, just inaccessible (all of Arceus' life plates besides the Pixie one) while others are fragmented and made fully functional later (items like Upgrade/Dubious Disc were there but incomplete before Isle of Armor)

We usually don't know what assets are just there from which ones they actually plan to be used until right before an update launches.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
They should make an Avatar fighting game. It would sell like hotcakes, and we could play as all our favorite benders.

Also, Sokka could get a DLC costume that's the Fire Nation's greatest hero - Wang Fire.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Samurai Appa would be MVC3 Sentinel levels of broken: Big, tanky, and hits like a truck.
Screw it, I built a roster.

Aang [Air Style] [Avatar Style]
Katara
Sokka
Toph Bei Fong
Suki
Bumi
Zuko
Iroh
Azula
Firelord Ozai
Zhao