• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It's times like these where I'm glad Wario isn't used very much since he won't be a prime target for nerfs. Also Bayonetta finally got buffed, about damn time I say. I'll take her for a stroll the next time I go to my local.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Goodness were the Pichu nerfs really necessary?

I know people can be good with him, but I found him hard to use well. I guess I just suck.

Now, what do they mean by Ice Climbers recovering midair jumps the same way as other fighters? I guess I failed to notice much of a difference when playing for some reason, and I didn't realize you could desync Nana while grabbing, heh. I just tried desyncing by doing different moves and such quickly, but couldn't keep it going.
F-tilt was infamously stupid and totally deserved a slight nerf.

Not sure the lightest character in the game really needs self-harm nerfs but eh, I doubt he'll fall past high tier over this. If anything I'm surprised Lightning Loops have been in the game this long. At this point I think those loops are here to stay.
when :ultpiranha: only gets worthless buffs
View attachment 225246
Oi, nothing wrong with a little QoL fixes here and there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
sakurai in his chair about to put out the 3.1 update like

untitled.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
I see they wanted to make sure Fire Wolf can't hit you from a mile away on the ledge anymore.

D

Deleted member

1559266418277.png

make way for INKY GAAAAAAAANG

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
COME ONNNNNNNN DATAMINE WITH NOTHING IN IT.

I just find the wait entertaining, especially when something comes out of it and it sends fans into a frenzy.

I’m glad they seem to look more for ways to buff characters rather than making everyone equally bad.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I'm glad that they reverted it too but I was expecting some brand new buffs instead of just reverting a nerf from the last patch. Considering that almost no one uses her competitively she is in desperate need of buffs.
I agree something feel like it's missing from Isabelle's toolkit, what do you think should be some fitting buffs for her?

D

Deleted member

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'MULTIPLE TIMES'
It always had two hits, once rising in front of him and then again above him. You just never get to see that ever happen on a person, cause it's almost always better to forward or down smash in a situation where they're in front of you anyways.
But it DOES work for some dank hydrant tech.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We live in the timeline where Pichu, Melee's oft perceived joke character, is getting nerfed.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Really curious about this buff though.
Ivysaur - Neutral Special - Made it easier to hit multiple times.
I shouldn't have left my Switch at work. I wanna go experiment with this.

How did they make the multihit more reliable? Did they increase the hitstun at all? Is the move safe on landing now? Is it possible to combo with it now?
....Probably no to all of those, but I still want to see.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'MULTIPLE TIMES'
It's a two-hit move where a grounding hitbox props opponents up into the main one, kind of like Marth's up smash. The first one probably links into the second one more reliably now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
She's been widely considered one of the best characters in the game since launch so it's probably warranted. Though aside from the Ftilt and hurtbox nerfs it might not be that bad, depending on how much self-damage she takes now.
Pichu got his ass slapped pfff, Still love the baby tho

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i think the only one who got buffed and nerfed at the same time was :ultryu::ultken:

:ultryu:'s basic hadoken is now slower but the command input hadoken became faster
:ultken:'s shoryuken connects better but the knockback got nerfed so its not as easy to kill with

they also got some new confirms or easier timing with command combos

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So pretty much, get all the balance changes out of the way a week or so in advance so they can play 4.0 with no balance changes and all the new **** at the tournament.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So pretty much, get all the balance changes out of the way a week or so in advance so they can play 4.0 with no balance changes and all the new **** at the tournament.
The tournament will be played entirely in Labo VR.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I agree something feel like it's missing from Isabelle's toolkit, what do you think should be some fitting buffs for her?
Off of the top of my head:
  • Give her more killing options since she has a very tough time KO'ing opponents. Maybe they could give f-tilt more knockback as well as her Lloyd trap.
  • Increase the range on her side smash. It's one of her only good killing moves but its range is really bad.
  • Give up-smash more range and knockback. I think she may actually have one of the worst up-smashes in the game especially considering that the range is almost the same as her side smash.
  • Make Lloyd trap more reliable when an opponent steps on it. Characters like Pichu can often run over it like its not even there.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Off of the top of my head:
  • Give her more killing options since she has a very tough time KO'ing opponents. Maybe they could give f-tilt more knockback as well as her Lloyd trap.
  • Increase the range on her side smash. It's one of her only good killing moves but its range is really bad.
  • Give up-smash more range and knockback. I think she may actually have one of the worst up-smashes in the game especially considering that the range is almost the same as her side smash.
  • Make Lloyd trap more reliable when an opponent steps on it. Characters like Pichu can often run over it like its not even there.
Yeah those make sense, I hardly ever even try to use her smash attacks due to their abysmal range. I wish they either made the LLoyd trap more reliable or at least gave it increased health, I usually try to set up the enemy and launch the trap myself, but it's hard to pull off when the trap can be killed so easily.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
ARENAS ARE BACK MY DUDES.

ID:18LCP
Password: 42069
Title: To Yeet Or Not to Yeet

(Warning: 3 stock, 6 mins. 2 stock goes quick, but i’m looking for more “tourney” oriented because wynaut?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

COME ONNNNNNNN DATAMINE WITH NOTHING IN IT.

I just find the wait entertaining, especially when something comes out of it and it sends fans into a frenzy.

I’m glad they seem to look more for ways to buff characters rather than making everyone equally bad.
I'm honestly happy nothing crucial is being revealed. Otherwise, E3 hype would be spoiled too quickly. Honestly, I'm debating whether to stay away for ten days.

D

Deleted member

ARENAS ARE BACK MY DUDES.

ID:18LCP
Password: 42069
Title: To Yeet Or Not to Yeet

(Warning: 3 stock, 6 mins. 2 stock goes quick, but i’m looking for more “tourney” oriented because wynaut?)
I wanna join but mines updating please don’t let it be full

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
To try and unwind, I might look into Fullmetal Alchemist, since I haven't watched that series yet. Does anyone know if Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is a standalone series? Or do I need to watch the original one to know what's going on? (I know the original anime went off in a different direction from the source manga)
Watch the 2003 version first. It handles the opening a lot better and is still a great series in its own right. Brotherhood rushes through the beginning 25 episodes of the original in about 10, but when they separate it gets fantastic as well, and it's even more enjoyable after having a close tie to the characters established in the original.

It always had two hits, once rising in front of him and then again above him. You just never get to see that ever happen on a person, cause it's almost always better to forward or down smash in a situation where they're in front of you anyways.
But it DOES work for some dank hydrant tech.
The use for launching Hydrant really excites me. I've struggled to consistently launch it with Up-Smash in a match before, so hopefully this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom