• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have Taylor added on Discord and he said that he’s making a post on Reddit and tagging him, asking for the thumbnail’s removal.

Then again he will likely pull out the “Oh it”s my editors fault.” crap he always pulls.
How is that not a valid complaint? FNaF fans especially make art that is so good that the CREATOR OF THE GAME sometimes mistakes it for official art. They. Are. Human. Beings. MatPat doesn't edit the videos anymore. He reviews them to try to catch this stuff, and usually, he actually does. But he is a goddamn human being. I swear, he can't say anything to actually get people to lay off of him. The internet has just decided he's satan and will continue to undeservedly demonize a genuinely nice man.

It’s called spreading awareness.

And yes, I watched his video, but it still doesn’t change the fact that he used something without permission. There are plenty of easy ways to check for credit, yet Mat uses none of them. Just get rid of the bias and accept the facts mate. Stealing art and not crediting it is wrong. There is no excuse for that.
When mat does check, he spots it. But he dosn't sit over his editors shoulders while they do it. He physically can't because he has to spend all his time writing/researching scripts, recording audio, doing livestreams, fixing his house, and taking care of his baby. So if the fanart is really good, even he can be fooled because HE IS HUMAN. Get rid of YOUR bias and realize that he's not as bad as you are making him out to be. He's not some mustache twirling villain plotting to steal and take credit for other people's works. He's a human who makes mistakes, managing a bunch of other humans who make mistakes. And trying to still make content while dealing with this sea of negativity that constantly surrounds him because of people like you who have just already decided he's the absolute worst humanity has to offer.

I never demonized him. Stop putting words in my mouth. And yes, the creator of the game has made that mistake, it’s an easy one to make, but at the very least fixes the issues.
The livestream he's doing for this hasn't even concluded yet! How is he supposed to even know yet?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
User was warned for this post; trolling
How is that not a valid complaint? FNaF fans especially make art that is so good that the CREATOR OF THE GAME sometimes mistakes it for official art. They. Are. Human. Beings. MatPat doesn't edit the videos anymore. He reviews them to try to catch this stuff, and usually, he actually does. But he is a goddamn human being. I swear, he can't say anything to actually get people to lay off of him. The internet has just decided he's satan and will continue to undeservedly demonize a genuinely nice man.

When mat does check, he spots it. But he dosn't sit over his editors shoulders while they do it. He physically can't because he has to spend all his time writing/researching scripts, recording audio, doing livestreams, fixing his house, and taking care of his baby. So if the fanart is really good, even he can be fooled because HE IS HUMAN. Get rid of YOUR bias and realize that he's not as bad as you are making him out to be. He's not some mustache twirling villain plotting to steal and take credit for other people's works. He's a human who makes mistakes, managing a bunch of other humans who make mistakes. And trying to still make content while dealing with this sea of negativity that constantly surrounds him because of people like you who have just already decided he's the absolute worst humanity has to offer.
2F5FAE49-A961-4B17-B68B-1D4D24EE4CDE.png

This is laughable as ****.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is laughable as ****.
Okay. I'm trying to calm down. I'm still wigged out from watching Detective pikachu so I'm a little jumpy. You shouldn't have to weed through my ranting to find the legit points, but can you at least try. Because from my perspective, it's not laughable. And you just brushing it off dosn't do anything to help me understand where you're coming from.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay. I'm trying to calm down. I'm still wigged out from watching Detective pikachu so I'm a little jumpy. You shouldn't have to weed through my ranting to find the legit points, but can you at least try. Because from my perspective, it's not laughable. And you just brushing it off dosn't do anything to help me understand where you're coming from.
No. Not the situation. I just find all of the blind hate and obvious bias in these posts laughable.
It’s not even worth trying. Your going to come up with more claims that aren’t valid.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
No one is demonizing Matpat, it's just he's already addressed this issue and his team is still making the same mistake.

Yes, they're human; yes, it's an easy mistake to make; that doesn't excuse using someone's render without proper credit. If they're getting the image from Google, check the source. They've even taken the main points of other people's theories in the past, without credit, but they've started crediting people sometime ago.

Not that I really care much personally, but I still find it dumb.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No. Not the situation. I just find all of the blind hate and obvious bias in these posts laughable.
It’s not even worth trying. Your going to come up with more claims that aren’t valid.
Okay. How are they not valid. Separated out from all the ranting, I will focus on this. "When mat does check, he spots it. But he dosn't sit over his editors shoulders while they do it. He physically can't because he has to spend all his time writing/researching scripts, recording audio, doing livestreams, fixing his house, and taking care of his baby. So if the fanart is really good, even he can be fooled because he is human." Just go off of this.

D

Deleted member

I understand they would take a lot of work for 70+ characters, but I miss the unique art for the congratulations screens in smash 64.

Anyways, good job! What you going to do after you graduate?
Well I was thinking of working at my local cvs close to my house

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay. How are they not valid. Separated out from all the ranting, I will focus on this. "When mat does check, he spots it. But he dosn't sit over his editors shoulders while they do it. He physically can't because he has to spend all his time writing/researching scripts, recording audio, doing livestreams, fixing his house, and taking care of his baby. So if the fanart is really good, even he can be fooled because he is human." Just go off of this.
I can tell a fanmade render from a real one. Almost everyone can. And I’m not saying the editors need to be watched, but when Mat is being told it’s a fanmade render he should ask his editors to make a new one instead of making a trash apology video that just pushes the blame on the editors and says “he didn’t know.” If he took the time to ask his editors to fix it I could excuse it.
what was the intention dawg

that entire post did nothing but belittle her point instead of address it

imma head out and just leave y'all to this since you guys just upped the heat for whatever reason:goomba:

give me like 5 minutes
The point was to show that I’m not really going to continue a conversation that is just mindless hate.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What made you jumpy? (dont forget about spoiler tags if it's about detective pikachu. )

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can we
I can tell a fanmade render from a real one. Almost everyone can. And I’m not saying the editors need to be watched, but when Mat is being told it’s a fanmade render he should ask his editors to make a new one instead of making a trash apology video that just pushes the blame on the editors and says “he didn’t know.” If he took the time to ask his editors to fix it I could excuse it.

The point was to show that I’m not really going to continue a conversation that is just mindless hate.
Okay, but.... that happens. In that video you mentioned he gave en example of his editor delivering a scene to him that featured fanmade art, and then he asked them to fix it. I understand that it sucks when one still manages to slip through, but he can't just take the video down and fix it because the algorithm would actively punish his channel for it. And for the example currently being discussed, it is for the thumbnail of a livestream that, to my knowledge, he hasn't even concluded yet. Heck, I havn't even watched it yet. For all I know, he could have yelled at his editor on camera when twitter told him. But at least give him time to respond and take into account the context.

Let me put it this way, if you had to choose between properly crediting an artist, or having enough money that you can feed your 1 year old, which would you pick.

But I should stop myself now. I know how this goes. People hat MatPat, I try to defend him and get riled up because I'm sick of people dragging him through the mud. This conversation isn't going to change anything. We've both already made up our minds.

Can we just talk about how weird Detective Pikachu was and how the climax really freaked me out instead?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Game Theory Live just used one of Taylor F’s Renders and didn’t even ask for permission to use it.
View attachment 225230
Kinda a **** move. This has happened a lot before though, just with other people.
Hasn’t he done this same exact thing before and gotten complaints for stealing art?
Then again he will likely pull out the “Oh it”s my editors fault.” crap he always pulls.
Which in all honestly is pretty ****ed up. Considering he should be helping the editor and his last one killed themselves.

So if you can’t respect your editor and work towards better content after that then you need to put more effort in for success

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, for how few new stages Ultimate has, at least all of them are fun to play on.

I feel like Smash 4 tried WAY too hard to make stages chaotic like they did in Brawl, but they failed to see what made some of the Brawl stages fun.

At least Ults stages are far more simplistic and have one central theme instead of shoving like 20 different hazards at once like some of Smash 4's stages did.

Though Gamer is still a bomb-ass stage

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What made you jumpy? (dont forget about spoiler tags if it's about detective pikachu. )
That whole climax did. Forced body switching is one of my weird fears. It scratches my fear about being forced into a role by others and loosing who I really am. A natural fear for a trans person I guess. But that whole climax where the bad guy (can't remember his name) was just forcing people to become Pokemon really wigged me out, and it didn't help that the movie treated it kind of lightly. (When Lucy actually has a conversation with Henry-chu from inside Psyduck I almost screamed, but I didn't for the sake of the other patrons). I'm glad it was all able to be reversed, but the fact that he actually did it and I actually watched that happen on screen in a kids movie really got to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Let me put it this way, if you had to choose between properly crediting an artist, or having enough money that you can feed your 1 year old, which would you pick.
This isn't a very good analogy. Properly crediting an artist is easy unless you couldn't find the source of the original art. And properly crediting an artist is still gonna let him feed his child.

But I should stop myself now. I know how this goes. People hat MatPat, I try to defend him and get riled up because I'm sick of people dragging him through the mud. This conversation isn't going to change anything. We've both already made up our minds.
I don't hate Matpat. I respect him and his content I'm just voicing some concern.

Can we

Okay, but.... that happens. In that video you mentioned he gave en example of his editor delivering a scene to him that featured fanmade art, and then he asked them to fix it. I understand that it sucks when one still manages to slip through, but he can't just take the video down and fix it because the algorithm would actively punish his channel for it. And for the example currently being discussed, it is for the thumbnail of a livestream that, to my knowledge, he hasn't even concluded yet. Heck, I havn't even watched it yet. For all I know, he could have yelled at his editor on camera when twitter told him. But at least give him time to respond and take into account the context.
He fixed it that one time. Out of what I am aware thats the only time Mat has went out of his way to fix that mistake.

but he can't just take the video down and fix it because the algorithm would actively punish his channel for it.
Deleting the video and re-uploading it and changing the thumbnail are two very different things.
Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones actually change of plans my internet is still acting wonky. it's all good on quickplay but in arenas it just doesn't wanna work.

respect isn't difficult to give, nathaniel :4jigglypuff:
The intent wasn't supposed to be disrespectful.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This isn't a very good analogy. Properly crediting an artist is easy unless you couldn't find the source of the original art. And properly crediting an artist is still gonna let him feed his child.

I don't hate Matpat. I respect him and his content I'm just voicing some concern.

He fixed it that one time. Out of what I am aware thats the only time Mat has went out of his way to fix that mistake.

Deleting the video and re-uploading it and changing the thumbnail are two very different things.

The intent wasn't supposed to be disrespectful.
Okay. That is very fair. I didn't think of that.

But the story I just told you is an example. He says in the video that this happens all the time. It's an every day part of his content creation process. Just because he doesn't publicize it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
For Attack on Titan fans, I was reading on the Shingeki no Kyojin wiki that the final arc of the manga has either begun or is about to begin. Is this true?

I haven't been into AoT for a while, but I've heard that the story keeps getting better and better, even after the Krista
Historia is royalty
arc, so I'm thinking about picking up the series again.

@Erureido You might know :p
Not sure if it's the final arc, but the manga is definitely reaching the endgame of the story. And yes, the story has been going incredibly well in the latest chapters.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay. That is very fair. I didn't think of that.

But the story I just told you is an example. He says in the video that this happens all the time. It's an every day part of his content creation process. Just because he doesn't publicize it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
I'm aware of this, but I think the editors can take a few minutes of their time to fix this issue for the thumbnails.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Aight quick arena time!

586N9
Anybody else wanna get dunked on by Scoliosis?
You know, for how few new stages Ultimate has, at least all of them are fun to play on.

I feel like Smash 4 tried WAY too hard to make stages chaotic like they did in Brawl, but they failed to see what made some of the Brawl stages fun.

At least Ults stages are far more simplistic and have one central theme instead of shoving like 20 different hazards at once like some of Smash 4's stages did.

Though Gamer is still a bomb-*** stage
Yeah Smash 4 stages were way too gimmicky, but so a lot of them have thankfully saved by hazards off in ultimate.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That whole climax did. Forced body switching is one of my weird fears. It scratches my fear about being forced into a role by others and loosing who I really am. A natural fear for a trans person I guess. But that whole climax where the bad guy (can't remember his name) was just forcing people to become Pokemon really wigged me out, and it didn't help that the movie treated it kind of lightly. (When Lucy actually has a conversation with Henry-chu from inside Psyduck I almost screamed, but I didn't for the sake of the other patrons). I'm glad it was all able to be reversed, but the fact that he actually did it and I actually watched that happen on screen in a kids movie really got to me.
Very interesting. I didn't know it could affect someone like that. It sounds like like it triggered a seated fear for you.
I didn't like that part at all but it was more because it didnt make sense. Why would he want to turn people into their pokemon? He said it was to bring them closer to them or something but that's just really really weird... and how would making them stay pokemon help them as people? ;p I dunno it just didn't jive with me but..

I think maybe what it played on was how Bill in pokemon was turned into one himself (The PC guy in the games). If I look at it like that it does seem a bit funny and kiddy, but they made no connections to that in the movie, and i dont understand why mewtwo would have that ability. Overall it felt rushed and just an excuse to tie in the dad with pikachu. Ok for kids, but still weird.

it's just pokemon and mostly for fun. But hope you feel better :)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Though Gamer is still a bomb-*** stage
It still baffles me how Smash 4 had Magicant which has a decent layout and is one of my favorite stages visually... only for it to be completely ruined by the Flying Man.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Very interesting. I didn't know it could affect someone like that. It sounds like like it triggered a seated fear for you.
I didn't like that part at all but it was more because it didnt make sense. Why would he want to turn people into their pokemon? He said it was to bring them closer to them or something but that's just really really weird... and how would making them stay pokemon help them as people? ;p I dunno it just didn't jive with me but..

I think maybe what it played on was how Bill in pokemon was turned into one himself (The PC guy in the games). If I look at it like that it does seem a bit funny and kiddy, but they made no connections to that in the movie, and i dont understand why mewtwo would have that ability. Overall it felt rushed and just an excuse to tie in the dad with pikachu. Ok for kids, but still weird.

it's just pokemon and mostly for fun. But hope you feel better :)
I thought it was just gonna be a mind transference thing (like what happened with the actuall villain). Which would make sense because Mewtwo is psycic. But then the people's bodies started disappearing and..... well it stopped making sense.

To be fair, I don't think his plan was supposed to make sense. I got the sense from this film that this guy was just a powerful wakadoo doing something that only makes sense in his weird twisted logic. It's almost like he was... jelous of how Pokemon can evolve.

So overall, it was a plan that didn't make sense in any way and freaked me the **** out.... still a good movie but.... wow.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I thought it was just gonna be a mind transference thing (like what happened with the actuall villain). Which would make sense because Mewtwo is psycic. But then the people's bodies started disappearing and..... well it stopped making sense.

To be fair, I don't think his plan was supposed to make sense. I got the sense from this film that this guy was just a powerful wakadoo doing something that only makes sense in his weird twisted logic. It's almost like he was... jelous of how Pokemon can evolve.

So overall, it was a plan that didn't make sense in any way and freaked me the **** out.... still a good movie but.... wow.
I see. Well that's one way to look at it. In any case i think we can still say it was an entertaining movie. Just not perfect (in quite a few ways) ;p

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It still baffles me how Smash 4 had Magicant which has a decent layout and is one of my favorite stages visually... only for it to be completely ruined by the Flying Man.
Call it placebo, but I feel like the Flying Men were definitely toned down in Ult.

Also, got a notif for server maintenence.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo I really do hope I don’t ruin the fun if I constantly win. I appreciate you coming to play all the same!

If maintenance doesn’t take long I plan on setting it up again, so i’ll post it here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see. Well that's one way to look at it. In any case i think we can still say it was an entertaining movie. Just not perfect (in quite a few ways) ;p
Oh yeah. Definitly. I'm hesitent to call it the best video game movie ever, I really don't know if it actually stacks up that well. But it was still an entertaining watch. And I like how they had the guts to not have every Pokemon featured in a plot relevent scene be mascot mons. It's got a pretty good variety.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo I really do hope I don’t ruin the fun if I constantly win. I appreciate you coming to play all the same!

If maintenance doesn’t take long I plan on setting it up again, so i’ll post it here.
Oh don't worry, I'm the youngest of my brothers so I know how to get my ass handed to me in video games and keep on having fun while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom