• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So now that I’m on vacation, my little reward for myself is to do another run with Pokémon Colosseum. Here’s my roster that I want to use for this one

Espeon - my favorite Eeveeloution
Feraligatr - the best of the Johto starters due to getting surf early
Ampharos - great electric type
Flygon - great movepool and typing
Stantler - you’ll find this one surprising, but read how good of a sleeper it is. Haven’t used it myself so I’ll be curious
Hariyama/Medicham/Heracross - id like to have at least one fighting type. Can use both Hari and Medi early until I decide to ditch one. Unsure if to add Heracross after I catch him at the end of the game

Yeah I got some weird choices, but I’m wanting to try a few things different this time around
Espeon/Umbreon/Ampharos/Feraligatr/Flygon/Heracross was my team

I can fully vouch for Heracross - was an absolute beast and helped me get through Mt Battle
Agree with Flygon - STAB earthquake is always useful in a doubles-only game
Feraligatr is good, though it being Gen 3 and the physical/special split not existing caused some issues
Ampharos I can agree with

While its benefits are less immediate, Umbreon can have its own place in Colosseum - stalling out the opponent with toxic, protect and confuse ray helped whittle down the more annoying opponents in certain circumstances (esp Mt Battle), even if it isn't the most fun playstyle at times and can be a little reliant on RNG

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Idk if it was officially announced but the ratings just aren’t doing too well
I mean it probably does well on the app, then. They wouldn’t get the rights for a Sonic crossover episode for a series they’re planning on ending very soon.

D

Deleted member

I just remembered a funny story about my uncle

So ten years ago my uncle was with this woman, and they were very happy together. He even proposed to her at my birthday party (which was kinda weird but ok) they were set to be married by spring of the next year.

At the same time, a new guy started working at his job. His name was Joe. He was very secretive of his past, no one even knew his last name, but he was cool. He and my uncle became best friends, and I even met him a few times. What was weird about Joe was that he always had something caught in his eye. The few times I met him he was constantly rubbing his eye, and it was always the right one. There was never not something in his eye, it was weird.

Anyway, Joe gets invited to my uncle’s place for dinner. And while he’s there he gets very close with the fiancé, a little too close. Months go by, business as usual. The day of the wedding arrives, but the bride is nowhere to be seen! We head over to his place only to find all her belongings are gone. There’s only a note on the table. “I’m in love with Joe, and we’re leaving forever. Don’t try and find us, you won’t”

My uncle was heartbroken. And she was right, we never found her or Joe. They vanished without a trace. Ten years later he still hasn’t been with another woman. And whenever I ask about it he just has this to say.

If it hadn’t been for caught-in-eye Joe
I’d been married a long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, caught-in-eye Joe?
ok but whats the thought process behind proposing at a birthday party

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
When did they announce it was cancelled. As far as I know, Season 3 just started two weeks ago and a Sonic special was announced.
It's not official, but it's something that's close to being confirmed. Several members of the staff are "wrapping up production" and "moving on to other projects".

Plus, one of the VAs blatantly said on Twitter it was ending. They could be wrong, but that's pretty alarming regardless.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm going to be stepping away. Someone else take over AMAs, please.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I should really get around to making the Elma moveset, but I know nothing about Elma and her moves, so it'd be pretty difficult to make a moveset for her. Anybody got any good videos were I can see some of her moves in game?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just remembered a funny story about my uncle

So ten years ago my uncle was with this woman, and they were very happy together. He even proposed to her at my birthday party (which was kinda weird but ok) they were set to be married by spring of the next year.

At the same time, a new guy started working at his job. His name was Joe. He was very secretive of his past, no one even knew his last name, but he was cool. He and my uncle became best friends, and I even met him a few times. What was weird about Joe was that he always had something caught in his eye. The few times I met him he was constantly rubbing his eye, and it was always the right one. There was never not something in his eye, it was weird.

Anyway, Joe gets invited to my uncle’s place for dinner. And while he’s there he gets very close with the fiancé, a little too close. Months go by, business as usual. The day of the wedding arrives, but the bride is nowhere to be seen! We head over to his place only to find all her belongings are gone. There’s only a note on the table. “I’m in love with Joe, and we’re leaving forever. Don’t try and find us, you won’t”

My uncle was heartbroken. And she was right, we never found her or Joe. They vanished without a trace. Ten years later he still hasn’t been with another woman. And whenever I ask about it he just has this to say.

If it hadn’t been for caught-in-eye Joe
I’d been married a long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, caught-in-eye Joe?
Tempted to homebrew my Switch and just take the permanent online ban so I can import Cotton-Eye Joe to Ultimate, probably as a Final Fantasy song. Midgar needs more music.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Espeon/Umbreon/Ampharos/Feraligatr/Flygon/Heracross was my team

I can fully vouch for Heracross - was an absolute beast and helped me get through Mt Battle
Agree with Flygon - STAB earthquake is always useful in a doubles-only game
Feraligatr is good, though it being Gen 3 and the physical/special split not existing caused some issues
Ampharos I can agree with

While its benefits are less immediate, Umbreon can have its own place in Colosseum - stalling out the opponent with toxic, protect and confuse ray helped whittle down the more annoying opponents in certain circumstances (esp Mt Battle), even if it isn't the most fun playstyle at times and can be a little reliant on RNG
Heracross I'm not sure because it's obtained so late in the game, so shall I keep it as a Shadow Pokemon and grind my way through to purify it or shall I wait until close to the final battle before having it's meter close to purification? I've only used Heracross during my Gen 4 run of SS and want to try something different with it

Umbreon wasn't really my type of Pokemon in Gen 3 with the move pool. It's true that Umbreon is a good tank to annoy opponents with various moves. I'm more of an "hit fast and hit hard" type of person throughout the story mode and during the Mt. Battle phase.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Gee, never noticed that for some reason. Thanks for pointing that out.
Someone else caught another reference.

That and the AoSTH theme reference at the end. The writers clearly know their stuff.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Late, but Dr. Boo would the ultimate "it shouldn't work yet it does" idea.

You know what? Agreed. I'd actually be more than okay with that one.

This is real.
First it's the Ghoul School students, now it's Sonic and Tails?

What on Earth is gonna be the next ambitious crossover this show takes on?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

You know what? Agreed. I'd actually be more than okay with that one.

First it's the Ghoul School students, now it's Sonic and Tails?

What on Earth is gonna be the next ambitious crossover this show takes on?
"Hey Enid, What's this letter say?
"... we invite you to Super Smash Bros!"

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh, O.K. K.O.'s ending, too?

Never actively followed that show but that is a shame. I'd rather CN start moving onto a bigger variety of projects again. Teen Titans Go's film made an interesting diversion from the show that spawned it, but as far as I'm concerned, the show itself has long overstayed it's welcome. Doesn't help that they air it way too frequently compared to virtually every other show that isn't Gumball (which also finished production recently, to my knowledge).

I digress, though. TTG doesn't bother me as much as it once did, and complaining about anything involving it is equivalent to beating a dead horse at this point. I just don't think I'll ever understand how it brought in so many views and ratings. That seems to be the reason why it airs so much, and that in turn seems to hurt the airtime of most of it's other programs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, O.K. K.O.'s ending, too?

Never actively followed that show but that is a shame. I'd rather CN start moving onto a bigger variety of projects again. Teen Titans Go's film made an interesting diversion from the show that spawned it, but as far as I'm concerned, the show itself has long overstayed it's welcome. Doesn't help that they air it way too frequently compared to virtually every other show that isn't Gumball (which also finished production recently, to my knowledge).

I digress, though. TTG doesn't bother me as much as it once did, and complaining about anything involving it is equivalent to beating a dead horse at this point. I just don't think I'll ever understand how it brought in so many views and ratings. That seems to be the reason why it airs so much, and that in turn seems to hurt the airtime of most of it's other programs.
As long as they don't cancel Adventure Time, I'll be good
Ha ha. Very funny.
*The Fat Controller Laughed*

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm about to blow all your minds.

OK KO crossed over with Sonic.
Sonic crossed over with Mario.
Mario crossed over with Scribblenauts.
Scribblenauts crossed over with Batman.
Batman crossed over with Scooby-Doo.
Scooby-Doo crossed over with OK KO.

OK KO is canon to OK KO.

D

Deleted member

I'm about to blow all your minds.

OK KO crossed over with Sonic.
Sonic crossed over with Mario.
Mario crossed over with Scribblenauts.
Scribblenauts crossed over with Batman.
Batman crossed over with Scooby-Doo.
Scooby-Doo crossed over with OK KO.

OK KO is canon to OK KO.
I had no idea the Cartoon Network Universe and the Nintendo Universe were one in the same

D

Deleted member

I've never watched the Cats trailer until now.

It's ****ing me up pretty hard. The uncanny valley is too potent in this one.
I keep seeing people compare it to the Sonic Trailer as if Movie Sonic looks anywhere near that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom