• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah the fault for that is definitely on America. We made a new sport, we should’ve called it a new sport instead of naming it after an old sport and trying to rename that old one.

So now everyone else is stuck with awkwardly calling it “American Football”.

Should’ve just named it Pigcharge.
Petition to rename it Pig Kickin'

Sunday Night Pig Kickin'

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah the fault for that is definitely on America. We made a new sport, we should’ve called it a new sport instead of naming it after an old sport and trying to rename that old one.

So now everyone else is stuck with awkwardly calling it “American Football”.

Should’ve just named it Pigcharge.
I still think we should call American football Soccer

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I still think we should call American football Soccer
call 'soccer' football because you use your feet
call 'american football' soccer because all the players seem to do half the time is sock each other in the jaw

simple, america

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So I say again. Will you except the biscuit/cookie thing American style if we adopt this naming convention for Soccer and Football.
tempting, but i won't sacrifice my principles for the good of another nation

these irreconcilable differences are how the next revolutionary war starts

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
The funny part is "Soccer" comes from British English. Americans just took the word British people used. :072:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The funny part is "Soccer" comes from British English. Americans just took the word British people used. :072:
the core problem is why, in the distinction that led to the split of 'rugger' and 'soccer' (association football), 1800s oxford students were even calling rugby 'rugby football' in the first place

might as well just call it 'ball' if we're going to ignore the 'foot' 9 times out of 10

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean kicking is still a big part of American/gridiron football. It's not like other sports are named after only parts of their gameplay either (baseball and basketball come to mind).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
That’s a biscuit.

Hey Britain. Will you agree to adopt our view on the cookie/biscuit thing if we take on your naming convention for football? Fair trade? (Seriously, you don’t even use your foot in American football for anything other than occasional clear shot kicks. But what are you constantly doing in American football? Running around and crashing into people. Or soccing them. So let’s just switch around those two names)
We should adopt nearly everything, since it's clearly the US that is ass backwards. Metric, Celsius, football fits "soccer" better (I have said since I was a kid that American football is actually Armpitball). The only thing that Americans got over Brits is Math instead of Maths (though I'm also a descriptivist, so don't actually care :chuckle:).

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Does that mean Oreos and Chips Ahoy are biscuits?
Oreos - biscuits
Chips Ahoy - had to google them but they sort of look cookie-like, if a bit on the small side

Reminder that there are people that think Pokemon Colosseum first version of MirrorB's theme is better than the one in XD
But it's great

Not to mention it fits his signature Ludicolos more

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The live action Dora movie has some of the funniest lines I've ever heard of in a recreation of a children's show. Lol

"Oh look. Dora brought a knife."

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yup, I’ve been using the Turbo Trainers. Thing is, I always get to the final round but I either tie, or lose by one or two points.
It's been a bit since I tried that minigame, but aside from looking up videos to see what they did, I recall that cutting off Mr. Vile helped me - when you have the chance, try to get the ones that he's aiming for, particularly if there's several of the colour that you're aiming for grouped together. Even then, I think I only won by one or two points, so it's tough, albeit doable.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The live action Dora movie has some of the funniest lines I've ever heard of in a recreation of a children's show. Lol

"Oh look. Dora brought a knife."
I'm still a cautious, but that joke about Dora addressing the audience made me laugh, which is nice, since I almost never really laugh at movies.

Hey, here’s some art, judge it.
Looks good!
GOD DAMN IT SOMEONE DID IT LOLOLOL
This was inevitable.

It's been a bit since I tried that minigame, but aside from looking up videos to see what they did, I recall that cutting off Mr. Vile helped me - when you have the chance, try to get the ones that he's aiming for, particularly if there's several of the colour that you're aiming for grouped together. Even then, I think I only won by one or two points, so it's tough, albeit doable.
Eventually I just ended up skipping him and going for a different Jiggy honestly.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
All this talk of British pronunciation and no one mentions the really weird stuff?

Like how "z" is "zed" and "h" is "haitch."

KMDP

Smash Legend
Reminder that there are people that think Pokemon Colosseum first version of MirrorB's theme is better than the one in XD
I mean they are completely different genres, you're going to find people who prefer Samba to Disco.
"h" is "haitch."
It depends on where you live.

Some places use "Haitch", some use "Aitch".
quickfire quiz: what do you call this?

View attachment 231875
Delicious.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've gone from not caring about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 at all to being seriously excited by it in basically no time. I mean, look at that roster, it damn near reminds me of Ultimate for how much stuff it's managed to stuff into one game and it will only get better with further DLC, especially what they announced yesterday. Maybe it's just an old nostalgia for those basic beat-em-up type games like X-Men Legends and Teen Titans I played on Gamecube... but I'm actually kind of sold on this one now.

...Jessica Jones needs to be a playable character though given they've got the other three main Defenders from the Marvel TV shows, and she's my favorite of those (well, equal to Daredevil, I love them both).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reminds me of the time I waited, like, 30 mins for a rollercoaster.

The rollercoaster took 10 seconds.
...What kind of roller coaster only lasts ten seconds?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Nothing is confirmed, but they showed Goku vs Frieza in the trailers and I doubt they’d show off the final boss, even if it’s a battle everyone knows of.

They’ve said multiple times in interviews that this game is about “experiencing Goku’s life through the Dragon Ball z anime,” and have also mentioned that they made a system for how transformations (explicitly plural) will work in the game. If the game is just up to Frieza, the only transformations are Kaioken and Super Saiyan 1 (which you’d only have for the final boss), and those are just Goku.

If you include the Cell saga, you have Kaioken and SS1 for Goku, SS1 and SS2 for Gohan, and SS1 (and maybe the ascended levels too) for Vegeta and Trunks. Still multiple transformations, but only one or two per characters.

If you go all the way through Buu, you have Kaioken, SS1, SS2, and SS3 for Goku, SS1 and SS2 for Gohan, SS1 and SS2 for Vegeta, in addition to any forms needed by potentially playable Gotenks and Vegito. That sounds more like something that needs a transformation system.
I forgot to mention this on Wednesday, but there's also this screenshot:

That's Goku's Android to Boo outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom