• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm about to blow all your minds.

OK KO crossed over with Sonic.
Sonic crossed over with Mario.
Mario crossed over with Scribblenauts.
Scribblenauts crossed over with Batman.
Batman crossed over with Scooby-Doo.
Scooby-Doo crossed over with OK KO.

OK KO is canon to OK KO.
So... what I'm getting from this is that Batman is a canonical part of the Mario universe... which means he has a chance for Smash since non-video game related media in the canonical universe can influence Smash (Ash Greninja for example).... BATMAN IN SMASH, LET'S DO THIS!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Jesus Christ, what happened?

As long as Adventure Time and Evil Con Carne never get cancelled, I'll always be happy
They bought that back?!?

Makuhita isn't doing too well for me. Might end up replacing it with Medicham once I catch it. So far my roster is the following...

Espeon, Umbreon, Croconaw, Misdreavus, Makuhita. Soon to add Flaffy and Skiploom to my roster

D

Deleted member

They bought that back?!?

Makuhita isn't doing too well for me. Might end up replacing it with Medicham once I catch it. So far my roster is the following...

Espeon, Umbreon, Croconaw, Misdreavus, Makuhita. Soon to add Flaffy and Skiploom to my roster
They did not bring Evil Con Carne back. I was making a funny haha

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ya know, Cats originally had that design because it was a play...

with real people...

not CGI...

This movie didn't need to do that :yoshi:
Producer: "How in the WORLD will we adapt CATS in live action?!?"
Random dude: "But it was a pl..."
Producer: "I know! CGI!"

That's at least how I would think the pitch meeting went. As we've learned with many movies coming out, or were coming out, this year: Just because you could, doesn't mean you should.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone else caught another reference.

That and the AoSTH theme reference at the end. The writers clearly know their stuff.
This is the same show with cloud strife in it, an Ace attorney episode, and so much more. The writing team is on point always, which is why the show is so good.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Heracross I'm not sure because it's obtained so late in the game, so shall I keep it as a Shadow Pokemon and grind my way through to purify it or shall I wait until close to the final battle before having it's meter close to purification? I've only used Heracross during my Gen 4 run of SS and want to try something different with it

Umbreon wasn't really my type of Pokemon in Gen 3 with the move pool. It's true that Umbreon is a good tank to annoy opponents with various moves. I'm more of an "hit fast and hit hard" type of person throughout the story mode and during the Mt. Battle phase.
Heracross is great but probably not fully necessary for the main game - as you said, you obtain it very late, so it only comes in handy for a few battles
Very useful in Mt Battle though
Unfortunately, it's Gen 3, so the best fighting moves it knows are brick break and reversal - close combat doesn't exist yet

I can see why Umbreon might not be appealing - it's main draw for me though was those moments where there was one Pokemon I was really struggling to take down so I resorted to toxic stalling and praying it hit itself in confusion as well

D

Deleted member

Hey guys the Steven universe movie trailer came out today and it looks gorgeous!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Semi busy day at work then cleaning up in the back yard.

Anything new regarding Smash, leaks, Hero's release or whatever?

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
In my case, it was Corden and Derulo. Can’t stand either of them.
I have a very weird opinion on T-Swift. I love her music (no shame), but her personality is kinda sketch.

Corden I'm more netural on. Don't strongly dislike him, but he's not a favorite either.

Now DERULO...I dislike Derulo strongly. His music makes me cringe and his personality is off-putting to me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
First it's the Ghoul School students, now it's Sonic and Tails?

What on Earth is gonna be the next ambitious crossover this show takes on?
Hey guys the Steven universe movie trailer came out today and it looks gorgeous!
[removed for quote]
I really hope this villain doesn’t get spared. I liked the show a lot, but the diamonds, especially White, being completely spared doesn’t sit well with me at all.
They went from not only ruthless and intimidating villains that gave a feeling of dread from just being mentioned (that scene at the end of The Return still gives me chills), as well as realistic depictions of fascist dictators and the class-based power structures they form, to a bunch of conservative boomer moms who don’t understand their left-leaning son.

I do like that they clarify that the empire was dissolved, and that Steven didn’t just say “Thanks for helping up heal the corrupted gems, now go back to committing galactic genocide and owning slaves.” That does soften that a bit, even if I think the diamonds need retribution for the billions of lives they’ve taken.

I think Steven needs an Android 16 moment, with him being against a ruthless villain who won’t back down no matter his mercy, and for someone who the villain has nearly killed to tell him it is ok to fight for what is right and that some people can’t be reasoned with. This show takes a lot of inspiration from DBZ, and I think this is a place where it would greatly benefit the characters and the narrative to do.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Heracross is great but probably not fully necessary for the main game - as you said, you obtain it very late, so it only comes in handy for a few battles
Very useful in Mt Battle though
Unfortunately, it's Gen 3, so the best fighting moves it knows are brick break and reversal - close combat doesn't exist yet

I can see why Umbreon might not be appealing - it's main draw for me though was those moments where there was one Pokemon I was really struggling to take down so I resorted to toxic stalling and praying it hit itself in confusion as well
That's why I'm trying to decide who to replace Heracross with if it's not good for the main game. Most likely post-game it will be catching up with the crew and be a major powerhouse

There was a time that I used Umbreon in XD Gale of Darkness where I was surprised I had THREE Dark types on the team (Umbreon, Mightyena, Shiftry) so we'll see how things go. Still gonna use Umbreon if necessary but I don't plan on it being in my final team.

They did not bring Evil Con Carne back. I was making a funny haha
You got me all hyped up for nothing. **** you lol

Whoa, Walking Dead season 10 trailer was pretty solid. Still doesn't beat the 5th season

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I have a very weird opinion on T-Swift. I love her music (no shame), but her personality is kinda sketch.

Corden I'm more netural on. Don't strongly dislike him, but he's not a favorite either.

Now DERULO...I dislike Derulo strongly. His music makes me cringe and his personality is off-putting to me.
I mean there are some songs of hers I listen to now and again. I will never be ashamed of liking “Style”. But yeah she’s turned into such a thin-skinned prima donna and I don’t support how nasty attitude.

I find Corden just flat out obnoxious and unlikable. Doesn’t help how much junk he stars in the the Emoji and Peter Rabbit movies.

Fully agreed on Derulo though. His music is just gross.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Tekken 7 has reached a new milestone today and has sold over 4 million copies. I'm glad to see the series continue to grow and prosper, it makes me wonder if they are going to make a season 3 DLC. I hope Kiryu makes it in.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sorry for quoting you here Noi, was gonna post something but decided not to and I forgot to remove it here. Oops.
slanted angle
saturation down
blur enhanced

yup, it's hero time

View attachment 231906
6892BC46-C7A7-4E53-9565-BEE353901EE4.png

Gamers.
It’s time.

Jokes aside, I don’t really think this is confirmation of oh wow oh boy he’s gonna be here tommorow! But it is nice to see new images.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom