• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Closest thing to a kind of rival for Pikachu would be kinda Meowth if we count the anime as he is the villains pet
We can count both the anime and the video games with Team Rocket.

2924A0ED-2F11-4EF0-9BEC-01DE6189451B.jpeg

I think Team Rocket would be unique and fun with Meowth teaming up with Ekans and Koffing.

It also would be nice to have a proper Pokémon villain, one that represents villainous organizations... and who better than the iconic Team Rocket trio?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I started watching the XY anime with a friend tonight...it was surprisingly good! I'm enjoying it quite a lot. The writing seems like a big step up from last time I saw the show (DP/BW era, roughly).

My favorites are Clemont and Pikachu. I love Clemont because of his nerdy dorkiness; I dig that a lot. I'm a nerd in my own way too so I can relate. And, I like how Pikachu serves as that pokemon team "protector" role. He's very big brother-like toward the rest of Ash's pokemon, and I appreciate how kind yet level-headed he is.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 231054

I think Team Rocket would be unique and fun with Meowth teaming up with Ekans and Koffing.

It also would be nice to have a proper Pokémon villain, one that represents villainous organizations... and who better than the iconic Team Rocket trio?
Team Rocket

Not Charon from Team Galactic

Were you born with **** taste?/s

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

View attachment 231054

yo who the **** took a bite out of jessies earlobe

untitled.png

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

View attachment 231054

Even though Jessie and James would definitely fit in with Smash's roster of all-stars, their Pokémon wouldn't. Meowth is the only one who would make sense, and even then I wouldn't want to prioritize him over a Pokémon from the current Gen.

Personally, I don't see a need for a second PT character. The latter already does a near-perfect job with the gimmick, and the Pokémon he uses are all extremely iconic.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Speaking of 2D animation, what I'd pay good money for is some sort of sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Imagine this

but with characters from 90's, 00's, and 10's cartoons.

Or even better, an anime version.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I started watching the XY anime with a friend tonight...it was surprisingly good! I'm enjoying it quite a lot. The writing seems like a big step up from last time I saw the show (DP/BW era, roughly).

My favorites are Clemont and Pikachu. I love Clemont because of his nerdy dorkiness; I dig that a lot. I'm a nerd in my own way too so I can relate. And, I like how Pikachu serves as that pokemon team "protector" role. He's very big brother like toward the rest of Ash's pokemon, and I appreciate how kind yet level-headed he is.
From what i remember the x and y anime battles were the sickest of all the shows I thought the writing was hit and miss but watching the battles where it felt like ash was an actual threat was very cool

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>you can sit down and be sent upwards with escalators in MM2

yes...

image.gif

I CAN FEEL THE INSPIRATION

D

Deleted member

Day finished, pretty much dead. Recovering from a power outage is certainly tiresome.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
ok remember the x and y anime battles were the sickest of all the shows I thought the writing was hit and miss but watching the battles where it felt like ash was an actual threat was very cool
That's why I think the writing is a step up...Ash actually knows what he's doing most of the time. He still has to learn, but he's not a total idiot...even if his rashness is still there. Said rashness is just toned down, and he CAN think clearly...it takes effort sometimes, but he's capable.

Him being totally clueless in BW to the point where he forgets type effectiveness and weakness is completely unrealistic and bad writing.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Speaking of 2D animation, what I'd pay good money for is some sort of sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Imagine this

I can see it now.

Instead of Bugs and Mickey, we get Shrek and Woody together in the same shot.

How crazy would that be?

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant 2d cartoons. My point still stands

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can see it now.

Instead of Bugs and Mickey, we get Shrek and Woody together in the same shot.

How crazy would that be?
About as crazy as the 2001 Oscars that already did it

or at least mike wazowski did

and jimmy neutron, cant forget him

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

My favorites are Clemont and Pikachu. I love Clemont because of his nerdy dorkiness; I dig that a lot. I'm a nerd in my own way too so I can relate. And, I like how Pikachu serves as that pokemon team "protector" role. He's very big brother like toward the rest of Ash's pokemon, and I appreciate how kind yet level-headed he is.
I've watched both the BW and the XY anime, and it's a little irritating how the former gets hate and the latter gets constant praise, despite a large portion of both series being almost identical to one another. It's not until the final season before you can tell a noticeable difference in quality. It's also frustrating how Iris is the butt of every joke in the fandom even though her tomboyish Misty-like personality makes her more distinguishable than Serena, a character who is literally every girly stereotype.

If there's anyone remotely interested in watching the BW anime, I'd highly recommend watching the arcs involving Team Rocket. It's the only time in the series to date where you genuinely consider them to be a threat.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One idea for an Who Framed Roger Rabbit sequel could be how 3D animated characters are replacing the 2D ones.

Could also introduce anime characters from Japan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

This is so weird to me. Seeing Disney artists draw Looney Tunes. Still love the movie.

I also imagine a sequel with both classic and modern cartoons. With Anime living in “ToonTown Tokyo”.

D

Deleted member

This girl is bisexual and there's nothing you can do about it
201971214533912_1.jpg

Fire Emblem Gay Houses belongs to the gays

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even though Jessie and James would definitely fit in with Smash's roster of all-stars, their Pokémon wouldn't. Meowth is the only one who would make sense, and even then I wouldn't want to prioritize him over a Pokémon from the current Gen.

Personally, I don't see a need for a second PT character. The latter already does a near-perfect job with the gimmick, and the Pokémon he uses are all extremely iconic.
I know Ekans and Koffing aren’t as iconic as Meowth is... but the way I envision Team Rocket in Smash, Meowth is the main fighter and Ekans and Koffing would be part of Meowth’s moveset. Down B to switch between Ekans and Koffing... they don’t have the proper body type to be a Smash fighter but Meowth does... so they would supplement Meowth’s moveset with their moves. Kinda like how the duck and the hunter supplement Duck Hunt Dog’s moveset with their moves.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was able to find a font similar to that of the P5 font. That can only mean one thing...
Untitled design (12).png
It's bed gamer time.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know Ekans and Koffing aren’t as iconic as Meowth is... but the way I envision Team Rocket in Smash, Meowth is the main fighter and Ekans and Koffing would be part of Meowth’s moveset. Down B to switch between Ekans and Koffing... they don’t have the proper body type to be a Smash fighter but Meowth does... so they would supplement Meowth’s moveset with their moves. Kinda like how the duck and the hunter supplement Duck Hunt Dog’s moveset with their moves.
I guess that could work. Might as well throw in a few more of their Pokémon from other Gens while we're at it.

Don't know how likely they'd be as a newcomer in Smash, but I can at least admit that the concept sounds interesting enough for me to support.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Now THIS, right here, is the most ambitious crossover event in history.

We've never seen anything like this stunning movie since it came out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This girl is bisexual and there's nothing you can do about it
View attachment 231062
Fire Emblem Gay Houses belongs to the gays
that is a weak ass picnic basket

yogi bear would not be pleased with that loot. **** just looks like some crackers and meat patties. what even is that?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The show has fulfilled its season order. While it's possible it will get some sort of follow-up, the movie is the last of the current ordered production.
No it isn’t

Season 6 was confirmed a while ago
This is both right and wrong.

The movie isn’t the end. All the voice actors have posted their studio recordings and still do every Wednesday. For example we know season 6 has an episode with sun stone and rainbow quartz actors in it.

Each recording has a different production order too.

The leak from awhile back that nailed everything cartoonetwork put out said the plan is for 9 seasons with the movie taking place after the change your mind events. Which was a year before that episode aired.

Several cast members like jaspers have let it slip that season 6 is coming. Even Zach callison he can’t wait for the next arc because it’s his favorite. With the new rebrand the show isn’t forgoing anywhere soon it’s a big powerhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom