• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speaking of jobs though, if I wanted I could work with a family friend. I might even get enough to buy a mic and launch my ****ty YouTube career. It wouldn’t even be a lot, just two days a week for the summer.

But I really hate manual labor :mad088:

I’ll probably do it anyway

D

Deleted member

Speaking of jobs though, if I wanted I could work with a family friend. I might even get enough to buy a mic and launch my ****ty YouTube career. It wouldn’t even be a lot, just two days a week for the summer.

I'd totally watch some YT stuff from you. If you're serious about it and need mic recommendations hit me up.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I'm interested. Be sure to update me on that if it goes anywhere.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 231074

Now I wait 10 years for this to be used against me.
I already feel it starting

The moment I learned of Fortnite dances and thought “kids like this? This is dumb” I knew it was too late.

I'd totally watch some YT stuff from you. If you're serious about it and need mic recommendations hit me up.
Know any cheap but decent options

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
working at hot topics is probably better than any amusement park

i feel so sorry for anyone who decided to work at disney world. unless you're a manager or security guard, in which case you live a good life.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Know what would had made Crawl even funner?

I know sharks have been overdone but if they wanted to make this movie even crazier they also should had thrown in bull sharks. What would be more unique is on top of them having to not only avoid alligators the two would fight with each other at the same time. That definitely would had spiced things up wouldn't y'all think?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Know what would had made Crawl even funner?

I know sharks have been overdone but if they wanted to make this movie even crazier they also should had thrown in bull sharks. What would be more unique is on top of them having to not only avoid alligators the two would fight with each other at the same time. That definitely would had spiced things up wouldn't y'all think?
Isn't that a bit too much?

D

Deleted member

I already feel it starting

The moment I learned of Fortnite dances and thought “kids like this? This is dumb” I knew it was too late.

Know any cheap but decent options
ok so youve got two routes

BLUE YETI
100-150 buckaroos. Pretty decent.

SOMETHING SOMETHING I FORGET THE NAME BUT IF YOUR INTERESTED ILL LET YOU KNOW
So, for this you need two things. A mic and an "audio interface." (Interface basically makes it sound better. Mic is 20 bucks (and surprisingly REALLY high quality.) Audi interface, you can really picl what you want. Go cheap if you'd like, but not too cheap or you may end up with a bad one. This is the better option.

This really all depends what's within your budget. Hope this helps. If you have questions hit me up.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I finally beat Banjo-Tooie, and this week in general has felt like "Banjo-Weekie". I started Banjo-Kazooie on Tuesday, and beat it Wednesday morning with 100% collected (and I got 2nd on my Xbox 360 Friend's list!). Tooie I started on Wednesday later that day, and I beat the Final Boss about an hour ago without 100%ing the game. It was my first playthrough of Tooie, so I wasn't nearly as familiar with it as I was Banjo-Kazooie, which I last played 10-11 years ago.

I've played Nuts & Bolts, and while it's not a bad game it's really not a good Banjo-Kazooie game, at least in my humble opinion. It may be the nostalgia eating at me, as it was one of the most prominent games of my childhood, but Kazooie still stands as the best game to me. Tooie absolutely expands upon the base that Kazooie set, but I didn't feel enough desire to complete the game with...backtracking and "collectathon" up the wazoo. The series is solid.

I realized something that I couldn't have realized without replaying Kazooie and then finally playing Tooie. It is an absolute crime, a travesty, that Banjo-Kazooie was buried in the past by the change in ownership of the IP and parent company. The series was on an incredibly successful route, not to mention that Rare as a company thought they were going to be bought in full by Nintendo, and that obviously didn't turn out as expected.

With Banjo-Kazooie making a Nintendo comeback in the biggest stage of Smash, it got me waaaay more excited after the fact, like yesterday, when I realized, "Holy ****, Banjo-Kazooie is in Smash!" I was a naysayer since the duo got traction in the Ballot and then Ultimate speculation, but to be honest it's all because I never believed it would happen. Microsoft owns them, and they were big in the N64 era. That time is long gone. We often try to put "rules" or "reasons" as to why characters, especially 3rd parties, end up in Smash. When they get in, we discuss and even sometimes argue with each other about it. With Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, now folks are seeing western characters as "more likely", or that "anything can happen".

By no means do I think there have ever been "rules", but more like assumptions that can be made. However, I think Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is a very specific and rare (heh) occurrence. While it might seem odd, I don't know that Banjo-Kazooie in Smash truly points to Crash being more likely. Why? Think about it...

1) Banjo-Kazooie early on was basically a Nintendo character. Even now, they're effectively a Microsoft character by literal ownership. Otherwise, the origins on Nintendo, their golden age, is obvious.

2) Banjo-Kazooie has been a popular pick since early in Smash's existence. When recently spoken about by Sakurai, I believe he referred to them as a pick that more or less should have been in years ago. It's an interesting take by the big man himself.

3) Microsoft, the company who owns Banjo-Kazooie and Rare, is specifically working in a special relationship with Nintendo.

When you look at these aspects, the characters in situations similar go from a potential many to...basically none.

The only other western developer that has spoken on more than one occasion about their working relationship and the audience they bring to the Switch, and have shown an amazing effort in supporting the console...is Bethesda. Ubisoft has also shown great support for the console, but they haven't been as vocal.

Basically, moral of the story is that I think Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is super cool and gets me emotional now that I've replayed the N64 era of games. It took me back to my childhood, and made me a kid again this week. In doing this, I have come to realize that the Banjo-Kazooie situation doesn't really apply to all characters, and therefore doesn't necessarily make western characters more likely. I think it's more of a case by case basis.

I still believe Capcom and Namco stand the best chances of getting new characters. But I must say, not only has the idea of Doomguy in Smash grown on me, but I think we may have been sleeping on those interviews with Mr. Hines. I could be wrong, but I think we have to think about this stuff.

Anyway, the next big speculation step is going to be if Mii Theory gets crapped on and tossed aside. Or, at least partially disconfirmed. I expect Hero next week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, Noi, a bit more on the Blue Yeti.

It's pretty good.... If your doing casual content or podcasts. The latter is still a better option, but you should totally work with what you have. Know what your budget is and work from there. :)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I finally beat Banjo-Tooie, and this week in general has felt like "Banjo-Weekie". I started Banjo-Kazooie on Tuesday, and beat it Wednesday morning with 100% collected (and I got 2nd on my Xbox 360 Friend's list!). Tooie I started on Wednesday later that day, and I beat the Final Boss about an hour ago without 100%ing the game. It was my first playthrough of Tooie, so I wasn't nearly as familiar with it as I was Banjo-Kazooie, which I last played 10-11 years ago.

I've played Nuts & Bolts, and while it's not a bad game it's really not a good Banjo-Kazooie game, at least in my humble opinion. It may be the nostalgia eating at me, as it was one of the most prominent games of my childhood, but Kazooie still stands as the best game to me. Tooie absolutely expands upon the base that Kazooie set, but I didn't feel enough desire to complete the game with...backtracking and "collectathon" up the wazoo. The series is solid.

I realized something that I couldn't have realized without replaying Kazooie and then finally playing Tooie. It is an absolute crime, a travesty, that Banjo-Kazooie was buried in the past by the change in ownership of the IP and parent company. The series was on an incredibly successful route, not to mention that Rare as a company thought they were going to be bought in full by Nintendo, and that obviously didn't turn out as expected.

With Banjo-Kazooie making a Nintendo comeback in the biggest stage of Smash, it got me waaaay more excited after the fact, like yesterday, when I realized, "Holy ****, Banjo-Kazooie is in Smash!" I was a naysayer since the duo got traction in the Ballot and then Ultimate speculation, but to be honest it's all because I never believed it would happen. Microsoft owns them, and they were big in the N64 era. That time is long gone. We often try to put "rules" or "reasons" as to why characters, especially 3rd parties, end up in Smash. When they get in, we discuss and even sometimes argue with each other about it. With Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, now folks are seeing western characters as "more likely", or that "anything can happen".

By no means do I think there have ever been "rules", but more like assumptions that can be made. However, I think Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is a very specific and rare (heh) occurrence. While it might seem odd, I don't know that Banjo-Kazooie in Smash truly points to Crash being more likely. Why? Think about it...

1) Banjo-Kazooie early on was basically a Nintendo character. Even now, they're effectively a Microsoft character by literal ownership. Otherwise, the origins on Nintendo, their golden age, is obvious.

2) Banjo-Kazooie has been a popular pick since early in Smash's existence. When recently spoken about by Sakurai, I believe he referred to them as a pick that more or less should have been in years ago. It's an interesting take by the big man himself.

3) Microsoft, the company who owns Banjo-Kazooie and Rare, is specifically working in a special relationship with Nintendo.

When you look at these aspects, the characters in situations similar go from a potential many to...basically none.

The only other western developer that has spoken on more than one occasion about their working relationship and the audience they bring to the Switch, and have shown an amazing effort in supporting the console...is Bethesda. Ubisoft has also shown great support for the console, but they haven't been as vocal.

Basically, moral of the story is that I think Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is super cool and gets me emotional now that I've replayed the N64 era of games. It took me back to my childhood, and made me a kid again this week. In doing this, I have come to realize that the Banjo-Kazooie situation doesn't really apply to all characters, and therefore doesn't necessarily make western characters more likely. I think it's more of a case by case basis.

I still believe Capcom and Namco stand the best chances of getting new characters. But I must say, not only has the idea of Doomguy in Smash grown on me, but I think we may have been sleeping on those interviews with Mr. Hines. I could be wrong, but I think we have to think about this stuff.

Anyway, the next big speculation step is going to be if Mii Theory gets crapped on and tossed aside. Or, at least partially disconfirmed. I expect Hero next week.
Rainbow theory states that the last two characters will correlate with orange and blue
Namco and Capcom get characters
Agumon and Phoenix Wright are Namco and Capcom
Agumon and Phoenix Wright are orange and blue

iT cOnFiRmD111

D

Deleted member

This whole porting models to Blender thing is stressing me out so much. I may have broken my game. Should I just let it go? Should I get someone else to do it? I have 0 idea and it's tearing me apart.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Same here. My current prediction is Lloyd and an RE rep (Jill or Leon) though alternatively I also see Lloyd and Crash.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ve seen many an edgy oc, and they’re all stupid.

But trying to make a Yoshi, with its bulbous nose and oversized boots edgy.

That’s really funny.
It's like trying to make an edgy Mario OC!
Edit: I am deleting that. Apparently it referred to something not kid friendly and I don't wanna get infracted for it.
Oh no.
At least the Yoshi art wasn't made in MS paint!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gotta say, I feel that both Kazooie and Tooie kinda offset each other weaknesses.

I always felt that Kazooie design was a little too simple and straightforward and would have been cool with interconnected levels while Tooie gets too complicated sometimes with the backtracking and could have cut a bit on the backtracking.

Overall, I find it strange hearing people having issues with beating or 100% them. I remember 100% both of them when I was around 12-14 and dont remember using any guide whatsoever. Maybe I had lots of free time back then :b

D

Deleted member

I really wanna make a Hat Kid support thread but there already is one and it;s super inactive.

StormC

Smash Hero
I’ve seen many an edgy oc, and they’re all stupid.

But trying to make a Yoshi, with its bulbous nose and oversized boots edgy.

That’s really funny.
You weren't around Mario roleplay forums in the 2000s like I was, clearly.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I really wanna make a Hat Kid support thread but there already is one and it;s super inactive.
PM one of the modmins and let em know. They can help ya out with taking over.

they were quite a help when I gave ownership of one of my threads to Dyllybirdy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PM one of the modmins and let em know. They can help ya out with taking over.
wait hold up

taking over?

sounds like my kinda thing

What do you mean? (I still am learning about support threads.) If I take over can I make a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom