• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So they uploaded an unlisted video to the Smash channel eh? So that pretty much confirms Erdrick for within the next two weeks.

I don't think I'll ever understand why people were pinning them for August or September.

People, there is a deadline, and considering how they've spaced out the releases, we're probably not getting the last two at the same time.

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

July: Erdrick(Basically confirmed at this point)
September: Banjo
November/December: Character 4
January/Feb: Character 5

Feb2020 is not far away, you can't keep thinking all these releases are going to happen at the very last second.
To be fair, you were telling us that the 2nd DLC reveal was all but confirmed to be in an April Smash Direct.

There's no real consistency with this DLC, so maybe people are just telling themselves to expect August or September so anything sooner is a surprise.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My thing with Lloyd is that his gameplay potential is...actual pretty nuts when you consider the gameplay of the Tales series.

Like, imagine if for his AAA combo, pushing forward during that attack made him attack differently as opposed to just doing three neutral A taps? It would be similar to a Ryu, but with swords.

I just really liked Tales of Symphonia, and Lloyd as a result. Would totally love him in Smash.

Obviously I think Capcom and Namco have the best shots at new picks, but there’s a new article out today about how Bethesda is drawing news fans into the Switch fanbase.

Starting to make me think that if Capcom gets Resident Evil, the final pick will be a throwdown between DOOM, Tekken/Tales, and Crash Bandicoot.

D

Deleted member

Spongebob seems like a November release. He'll definitely drop before Iron Man does in Febuary (presumably)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I didn’t know that was a thing. It would make sense and have been nice to see her family a little more involved if they were going to be a big part of this season.

No that’s not what it is. It’s that every smash amiibo has been released in a set of 3. Which would mean the last fighter pass character has to release with 2 other amiibo unless the pattern breaks. This could mean two bonus characters are coming or there’s going to be amiibos for the alts of the fighter pass characters. At least that’s the basics. I’d say watch it for a more in depth look:

Based on a sun themed artwork,

-not in Pokémon sun

:p
They also had plans to bring Liv’s father into the show way back in season 2.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Making a bet. Hero gets released around the 19th to coincide with the start of summer vacation in Japan, and also keeps the weekend tradition alive.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does Fortnite even have music that isn't the Dance Moves?
Technically yes. It has a bunch of emotes that they turned into full track music, as well as some original tracks for save the world, and certain modes.

So they could make it work but it be weird.

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, you were telling us that the 2nd DLC reveal was all but confirmed to be in an April Smash Direct.

There's no real consistency with this DLC, so maybe people are just telling themselves to expect August or September so anything sooner is a surprise.
Banjo is in a presentable state. Done? Probably not, but he's probably in the same state that Piranha Plant was when it leaked, aka bug testing and polish.

We've now seen that, yes, they do work on characters simultaneously unlike what some people thought *insert sock puppet monkey meme here*, so yeah, character 4 is very much on development right now, and probably has been since at least April.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m expecting a new trailer in about a week or two, and the fighter’s reveal a little over halfway through the month.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think the August/November timeframe for Hero/Banjo is being cautious, perhaps too cautious. Better to think they're coming out a month or two after when they're actually released, rather than the other way around. I think July/September is reasonable, and what I really hope for.

We also need to keep in mind the possibility of delays and not hitting their mark, though I don't see much to indicate that's what's going to happen. *waits... impatiently*

StormC

Smash Hero
November is way too late for Banjo. They would have to cram the last 2 characters in 3 months. It's looking good for a July release for Hero, but I still expect Banjo in early October personally, that feels more definitively "autumn" to me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the August/November timeframe for Hero/Banjo is being cautious, perhaps too cautious. Better to think they're coming out a month or two after when they're actually released, rather than the other way around. I think July/September is reasonable, and what I really hope for.

We also need to keep in mind the possibility of delays and not hitting their mark, though I don't see much to indicate that's what's going to happen. *waits... impatiently*
Problem with those timeframes then becomes

"Oh god we're out of time shove in the last two characters back to back." Which, from how they've handled this so far, isn't likely.

It's fine to be cautious, but one also needs to throw caution to the wind sometimes, especially when the infallible truth of "Feb 2020" exists.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Technically yes. It has a bunch of emotes that they turned into full track music, as well as some original tracks for save the world, and certain modes.

So they could make it work but it be weird.
To be completely fair, though, does a game even need full music tracks to have remixes for Smash?

Just look at some of the classic Namco game remixes.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hero: this week or next
Banjo: first week of October
Fighter 4: Mid December
Fighter 5: Late February

This would allow each of the DLC (including Plant) to be spaced out over two months apart but not quite three months either. But that’s just a pattern...a Smash pattern.

Shroob

Sup?
My own personal theory is that the dev team works on 3 dlc characters at a time.

On release we found 3 in the code with Piranha Plant being "pretty much done" In August, and the statement that DLC3 had begun came out around that time.

So when Joker was released, they started on dlc4 while continuing to work on Erdrick and Banjo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I kind of feel lukewarm about this whole Gagantamaxing thing. It seems kind of neat I guess but not really mindblowing. On the other hand though, Charizard is definitely getting a Gigantamax form, which might somewhat make up for his lack of a mega in this game. So I guess I probably will be able to use my Shiny Charizard in competitive to some degree-
Remember when gamefreak talked about balance?
uh oh
Okay but this doesn't really make a huge difference actually, Stealth Rock was going to be everywhere regardless.
Also Woobat’s confirmed for Galar

For all you Woobat fans out there
Woobat, Garbodor, Vanilluxe and Maractus?
It's almost like they're adding all of Gen 5's most hated designs just to spite the haters. Chandelure incoming probably!

Shroob

Sup?
Another reason I'm very hesitant to pin October for Banjo is that a September Direct is a given.

I personally feel like they'd release Banjo before showing off character 4, but that's just me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, who should I make a moveset concept for next?

Steve
Gengar
Bandana Dee

Another reason I'm very hesitant to pin October for Banjo is that a September Direct is a given.

I personally feel like they'd release Banjo before showing off character 4, but that's just me.
"Unpredictable" is Nintendo's middle name, lemme tell ya.

Shroob

Sup?
So, who should I make a moveset concept for next?

Steve
Gengar
Bandana Dee

"Unpredictable" is Nintendo's middle name, lemme tell ya.
They've given us a September direct for like, six years in a row, and if all these switch mini leaks coming out of China are to be believed, they're gonna want to announce it for the holiday season.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
They've given us a September direct for like, six years in a row, and if all these switch mini leaks coming out of China are to be believed, they're gonna want to announce it for the holiday season.
I'm not denying that, but things can change. It's best to not jump to conclusions yet.

Shroob

Sup?
A lot of this hinges on when they'll announce the Switch Mini. Iirc, China's been making accessories for it, and from a business standing they'll want it out before Black Friday hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom