• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A Fortnite moveset would be extremely easy to make, however, would music and spirits would they add?

D

Deleted member

Does Fortnite even have music that isn't the Dance Moves?
They could just make a medley of the dance moves and then a full remix of the title theme with some accents of the default dance.

D

Deleted member

We’re legitimately discussing Fortnite in Smash that’s hilarious
If that did happen the entire community would die. Wars would starts. Fires would start. Deaths would occur.

And only one person will main the rep unironically.

D

Deleted member

Do you think Thanos as a Final Smash would be plausible? If not, I was imagining a citizens FS where the Fortnite Guy summons a "Port a Port", where he and a couple of other Fortnite Guys launch rockets at the stage.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ll copy and paste what I said about his possible inclusion on the DLC thread here.

It could happen. He’s certainly unique enough. He’d have to stand the test of time and prove that Fortnite isn’t just some fad, though. Adding in Jonsey now could be a reckless move. Fortnite is popular, but if it loses that popularity in a year and the next thing comes, then that would be an issue.”

D

Deleted member

*Fortnite Gets in Before Bandana Dee, Shantae, Rayman, and Master Chef*

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really try to keep an open mind about all potential character choices, but I just can't get excited for the possibility of Lloyd Irving as a smash character. I'm open to other perspectives, but this is how I feel right now.

I'm not saying that he's a bad character or that the Tales of: series isn't deserving of being in smash, and I'm 100% sure Sakurai could come up with a completely unique moveset with double swords/some other mechanic from his game, but I feel he brings nothing unique to the game stylistically. At this point having another JRPG protagonist feels gratuitous to me, especially one that doesn't have anything to distinguish himself from the other JRPG protagonists already on the roster.

We have Hero as the archetypal JRPG protagonist, Cloud as the most famous JRPG protagonist, and Joker, while not having the legacy of the last two, is very distinct in terms of style from most JRPG protagonists. Lloyd just seems like we’re retreading the same ground again, I honestly would probably be more receptive of his possible inclusion if we didn’t already have Hero or Joker in the pass.

Of coarse this is all just an opinion, but it would seem unwise for them to triple dip into the same genre if they want to bring new audiences to smash.
For me, I think him dual wielding makes him stand out, from what I understand Tales' gameplay style meshes well with Smash, which might be why so many push for him. It's easy to imagine him being brought into the series.

With me being a Tekken fan, I'd rather have that series or Soul Calibur get a character first since they're also Namco, but that's only if they are competing at all. I do agree that a variety of genres can help to get as many cool choices as possible. So at least one other Non-RPG character would be nice for me. Still, I don't hate the idea of Lloyd either, but I'm not overly excited myself.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Fortnite represents way too many super ****ing problematic **** for me to ever even consider it. I've enjoyed the game as a way to stay in contact with friends through crossplay, but my god if it's not a crazy predatory model of a game that has become entirely too successful with lots of human cost along the way.

Shroob

Sup?
So they uploaded an unlisted video to the Smash channel eh? So that pretty much confirms Erdrick for within the next two weeks.

I don't think I'll ever understand why people were pinning them for August or September.

People, there is a deadline, and considering how they've spaced out the releases, we're probably not getting the last two at the same time.

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

July: Erdrick(Basically confirmed at this point)
September: Banjo
November/December: Character 4
January/Feb: Character 5

Feb2020 is not far away, you can't keep thinking all these releases are going to happen at the very last second.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Check it out, I co-developed a mm2 level with a friend: J6B-XX1-YTG

It's about thwomps and goomba shoes.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
So they uploaded an unlisted video to the Smash channel eh? So that pretty much confirms Erdrick for within the next two weeks.

I don't think I'll ever understand why people were pinning them for August or September.

People, there is a deadline, and considering how they've spaced out the releases, we're probably not getting the last two at the same time.

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

July: Erdrick(Basically confirmed at this point)
September: Banjo
November/December: Character 4
January/Feb: Character 5

Feb2020 is not far away, you can't keep thinking all these releases are going to happen at the very last second.
They uploaded Erdrick's reveal trailer over a month beforehand, so it could still be in august. I'm expecting it this week, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom