• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, Paragon said something about the Amiibo theory originally too so I thought they were the same

Either way since it’s paragon I don’t believe it
I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have anything to do with paragon though unless I missed something.

It was made by people on reddit and someone sent it to geno’s. It’s just a theory based on when and how each smash set has been released for amiibo

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t want it until next year

There’s already too many games I want this year
My games list isn't that big but:

- Luigi's Real Estate 3
- Daemon X Machina (if the switch can handle it)
- Dragon Quest (if the switch can handle it)
- Animal Crossing
- No More Heroes 3

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It definitely doesn't seem like the kind if game to announce in a random 2019 direct, although Smash was teased in the March 2018 one.
No Highway Robbery in The Forums, Please
There's a possibility they could announce it at the end of the September/October direct (which will be a thing) - something's gotta be that one last thing, though the final bit of Smash DLC could be it ... maybe

D

Deleted member

Ok Guys, Hear Me Out...

Meta Knight Solo Game

Last edited by a moderator:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I really try to keep an open mind about all potential character choices, but I just can't get excited for the possibility of Lloyd Irving as a smash character. I'm open to other perspectives, but this is how I feel right now.

I'm not saying that he's a bad character or that the Tales of: series isn't deserving of being in smash, and I'm 100% sure Sakurai could come up with a completely unique moveset with double swords/some other mechanic from his game, but I feel he brings nothing unique to the game stylistically. At this point having another JRPG protagonist feels gratuitous to me, especially one that doesn't have anything to distinguish himself from the other JRPG protagonists already on the roster.

We have Hero as the archetypal JRPG protagonist, Cloud as the most famous JRPG protagonist, and Joker, while not having the legacy of the last two, is very distinct in terms of style from most JRPG protagonists. Lloyd just seems like we’re retreading the same ground again, I honestly would probably be more receptive of his possible inclusion if we didn’t already have Hero or Joker in the pass.

Of coarse this is all just an opinion, but it would seem unwise for them to triple dip into the same genre if they want to bring new audiences to smash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My games list isn't that big but:

- Luigi's Real Estate 3
- Daemon X Machina (if the switch can handle it)
- Dragon Quest (if the switch can handle it)
- Animal Crossing
- No More Heroes 3
Fire Emblem: Many homes
Green Man’s house of spooks: the third
Link takes a nap
Dragon Quest: Trunks’ adventure
Bear and Bird kill an old lady: The game
Zelda: Flute of time travel 3DS
Pokémon: Knife Dog
Pokémon: Plate Dog
Animal Crossing Survivor

That’s nine games holy ****

D

Deleted member

I REALLY dont want another anime lookin JRPG guy. Don't they already take up like 40% of the roster?

EDIT: I just checked, THERES ONLY 14 OF THEM!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I REALLY dont want another anime lookin JRPG guy. Don't they already take up like 40% of the roster?
Sakurai is an anime lookin JRPG guy, don't blame him for wanting his own species a little love.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My bet is we get another anime or cartoony character (Like Crash or Lloyd) and a more realistic character (like Doomguy, Hayabusa, or Leon Kennedy)

D

Deleted member

All I'm saying is that Little Mac is an anime swordsman cause arms are essentially just fleshy organic swords.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I would bet money he does
He and every Nintendo ninja owns a real-life Killing Edge in order to exterminate leakers at their doorsteps.

My bet is we get another anime or cartoony character (Like Crash or Lloyd) and a more realistic character (like Doomguy, Hayabusa, or Leon Kennedy)
Basically any good legacy character. So yes, I want Hayabusa.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uhhhh

Anyone else aggressively camp on the DLC page on the Smash Bros site waiting for Hero’s release date to say “coming soon” or is that just me

StormC

Smash Hero
I really try to keep an open mind about all potential character choices, but I just can't get excited for the possibility of Lloyd Irving as a smash character. I'm open to other perspectives, but this is how I feel right now.

I'm not saying that he's a bad character or that the Tales of: series isn't deserving of being in smash, and I'm 100% sure Sakurai could come up with a completely unique moveset with double swords/some other mechanic from his game, but I feel he brings nothing unique to the game stylistically. At this point having another JRPG protagonist feels gratuitous to me, especially one that doesn't have anything to distinguish himself from the other JRPG protagonists already on the roster.

We have Hero as the archetypal JRPG protagonist, Cloud as the most famous JRPG protagonist, and Joker, while not having the legacy of the last two, is very distinct in terms of style from most JRPG protagonists. Lloyd just seems like we’re retreading the same ground again, I honestly would probably be more receptive of his possible inclusion if we didn’t already have Hero or Joker in the pass.

Of coarse this is all just an opinion, but it would seem unwise for them to triple dip into the same genre if they want to bring new audiences to smash.
This is how I feel as well, I'd be happy for Lloyd fans as I know they've wanted him since the Brawl days, but I really want to see some other genres on the Fighters Pass. Like Hayabusa and Dante are sword users but also hail from the character action genre and would be something different.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So uhhhh

Anyone else aggressively camp on the DLC page on the Smash Bros site waiting for Hero’s release date to say “coming soon” or is that just me
why bother with that when his overview is up as of 3 minutes ago
alas, it was panda with another ingenious bamboozle
whoever will stop that jolly prankster?

Noipoi

Howdy!
So uhhhh

I’m just waiting for his video to shadow drop

I’ll know because of a sudden influx of posts saying “what?”

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Feel like Doomguy would bring the balance, representing something new
Got our toons (The Plant, Banjo)
Our anniemaze (Joker, Hero)
And now for someone on the more gritty, realistic look

D

Deleted member

I think the Platform in genre is somewhat underepped, but I think Smash is sorely missing a character from a shooter.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
why bother with that when his overview is up as of 3 minutes ago
alas, it was panda with another ingenious bamboozle
whoever will stop that jolly prankster?
...GOD dammit

I think the Platform in genre is somewhat underepped, but I think Smash is sorely missing a character from a shooter.
Does Inkling not count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom