• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Beginning to think that I'm the only one here that's neutral toward Sword and Shield :p
I'm pretty neutral toward it. I've played through Pokemon games like 25+ times so I think I want to finally escape and not play it. But it looks fun and cool, so maybe I'll give it a go haha

D

Deleted member

Beginning to think that I'm the only one here that's neutral toward Sword and Shield :p
I wasn't really interested in the games in the first place, general fatigue. Even the dexit stuff didn't actually rustle my jimmies too much personally. Just like, buy the games you want, k?

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i just realized we've still never seen master chief's face fully

i think we saw his eyes or something in 4 but other than that he's still just a green suit man

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bro, character support thread are wild lol. They really hype themselves up every single reveal in hopes that it's them, make like 100 conspiracies in how their character will be in, but then when they aren't, suddenly Sakurai defaulted on their graves.

Like, I know the payoff is worth it, but can support threads stop becoming weaponized depression every time it's another character. There are more characters than just that one.

That's why I can't look in the newcomer speculation, it's like a cult.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
It just hit me that Allister is wearing a Shy Guy mask
Maybe its because ive been tortured by a shy guy cpu in super mario party who got two hidden block stars in one turn(yes that happened) but as soon as I saw allister I thought of that shy *******
Screenshot_2019-07-08-14-40-33-1-1.png
The thought of shy guy still gets me a bit peeved

StormC

Smash Hero
Steve VS Banjo is like Groudon VS Kyogre battling for dominance. Total equals but in the end, there's a bigger, third daddy who makes them his *****.
...and both of them are green?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Okay, so as a Steve supporter, I'm just going say this on behalf of all the supporters of characters who have been mocked:

Not wanting a character in because of the way some people in their fanbase act isn't a legit reason on why they shouldn't be in Smash. In fact, it's probably the weakest argument you can give.
Yeah, it's definitely relatable from the B&K side as well. It was unbearable watching other fans be ***** and smug assholes during the Grinch fiasco, to the point where I just stopped going on the B&K thread. We all know how that turned out with the base game.

And prior to that, but that time was a particular example of the toxicity within some fanbases, there were those actively against B&K because of those fans, which felt awful because genuine fans have little to no control over the worst actors within their communities. Even when B&K were announced, there were people starting that **** again, which put a damper on an otherwise happy time.

It's why I try to think of other fanbases in terms of the best of that community, and despite having huge reservations at the start, I try to think of good fans like you or TheCJBrine TheCJBrine before I type.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
My favorite Pokemon not being in the game was basically my main issue with the game. I didn't really care about the graphics or anything I just wanted any of my favorite Pokemon in and now that pumpkaboo as in, I'm happy
Good for you
I'm still a bit worried I won't get my precious luxray
This Game.still looks great and I'm getting it no matter what, but hey gamefreak you want that easy 10/10 call in ign from me give me that sweet luxray line

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, it's definitely relatable from the B&K side as well. It was unbearable watching other fans be ***** and smug ******** during the Grinch fiasco, to the point where I just stopped going on the B&K thread. We all know how that turned out with the base game.
smug how exactly

StormC

Smash Hero
Bro, character support thread are wild lol. They really hype themselves up every single reveal in hopes that it's them, make like 100 conspiracies in how their character will be in, but then when they aren't, suddenly Sakurai defaulted on their graves.

Like, I know the payoff is worth it, but can support threads stop becoming weaponized depression every time it's another character. There are more characters than just that one.

The ballot has turned Smash character discussion into "us vs. them." I've said it before, but there's a difference between "aw man, I was hoping for another character, oh well" and "HOW COULD SAKURAI DO THIS????? BUT THE HINTS??????"

I get it. Smash speculation can be emotional and stressful. We love these characters and want them to succeed. I remember when Sakurai appeared on the feed during the E3 tournament, I could actually feel my heartbeat, knowing this might be the time they announce the next character. It's not very healthy though and I'm as guilty as anyone. Once Banjo was added I feel like I could finally stop caring about who gets in, although I was already basically set with K. Rool, Banjo is just a victory lap. I'm really curious who is next.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Remember when we thought we we're going to get a Granblue Fantasy character in smash for some reason?
I do now, cause I honestly forgot. Didn't want it unless said character was really cool.

Now's my chance to remind you guys that Mega Man X and Jin Kazama are really cool dudes.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I hung around the Banjo thread for awhile, around the time Shinobi hinted at Banjo. This was during Microsoft’s e3, and for some reason they convinced themselves that if Banjo didn’t get a new game he couldn’t be in Smash. Obviously he didn’t get a new game and for the next two days I was left caring for a buncha depressed lumps. You could taste the sadness, it was terrible. This wasn’t even about Smash!

Of course it all worked out in the end, but yeah. I get what you mean.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Honestly, if a character I want doesn’t get in, it doesn’t really affect me much. The Smash community was the first community I got involved in, and this was the first time I was hearing about leaks and stuff. I took leaks with a grain of salt back then, but nowadays I just take them with a gallon of salt. I don’t expect much so I won’t be disappointed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
All this Sword and Shield news, while nice, and I'm still waiting for news on the Gold/Silver prototype fan translation.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
i just realized we've still never seen master chief's face fully

i think we saw his eyes or something in 4 but other than that he's still just a green suit man
Yeah, we only see his eyes as an adult, but one of the trailers might've shown his face as a kid I think. Some of the books said he had red hair if that counts for anything.

StormC

Smash Hero
I hung around the Banjo thread for awhile, around the time Shinobi hinted at Banjo. This was during Microsoft’s e3, and for some reason they convinced themselves that if Banjo didn’t get a new game he couldn’t be in Smash. Obviously he didn’t get a new game and for the next two days I was left caring for a buncha depressed lumps. You could taste the sadness, it was terrible. This wasn’t even about Smash!

Of course it all worked out in the end, but yeah. I get what you mean.
I intentionally avoided the Banjo thread after the Microsoft conference because I knew it would be like that. I had faith in Shinobi though. A ResetERA admin wasn't going to crash his website's credibility like that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Liv’s mom was like “your brother hates you” but there was a cut scene in season 3 of him coming to her apartment and he came out as gay to her.
I didn’t know that was a thing. It would make sense and have been nice to see her family a little more involved if they were going to be a big part of this season.

I think that was the Paragon (Frisk/Waluigi) leak that was debunked
Ah okay I wasn't on here when that occurred I guess.
No that’s not what it is. It’s that every smash amiibo has been released in a set of 3. Which would mean the last fighter pass character has to release with 2 other amiibo unless the pattern breaks. This could mean two bonus characters are coming or there’s going to be amiibos for the alts of the fighter pass characters. At least that’s the basics. I’d say watch it for a more in depth look:
Neat thing I saw pointed out. Duralodon's design is probably based on the Tower of Sun created for the 1970 Japanese world's fair.
Compare those squiggly lines on the side and the two heads in the middle and at the top.
Apparently the tower makes a lot of appearances in Kaiju stuff, so that might be why.
Based on a sun themed artwork,

-not in Pokémon sun

:p

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Amiibo theory is relying on us getting two characters not included in the pass. That's wack.

Also I would not be surprised if Hero comes with 4 different amiibos, thus Banjo and 4-5 get to release together.

D

Deleted member

Rayman fans are all wholesome and nice. Be more like us friendly Rayman supporters.

Edited out some harsh tone here. ~Lore

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Me: *goes onto the top of the ship*
Me: *Sees Balrog*
Me: *goes back down ladder* "Alright fams, Im about to head out"
Me: *goes to orbis for the first time*
Me: *goes to take a bathroom break because the trip to Orbis is like 15 minutes in real time*

ten minutes later

Me: Why the frick am I dead?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Be more like us friendly Rayman supporters, you bunch of pricks
Rayman supporters made death threats to Omni for faking that SSB4 leak and were overall memed on for being so salty about it.

Your hypocrisy and ignorance know no bounds. :nifty:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Another Smash theory? We're definitely not short on those.

I'm not listening to such until the Fighters Pass is done or close to done.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No that’s not what it is. It’s that every smash amiibo has been released in a set of 3. Which would mean the last fighter pass character has to release with 2 other amiibo unless the pattern breaks. This could mean two bonus characters are coming or there’s going to be amiibos for the alts of the fighter pass characters. At least that’s the basics. I’d say watch it for a more in depth look:
This could be the case, but the lineup of 3 doesn't mean that Nintendo is going to stay 100% consistent.
Rayman fans are all wholesome and nice. Be more like us friendly Rayman supporters, you bunch of pricks
Calm down. You don't need to go about and insult random people who did nothing wrong.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I didn’t know that was a thing. It would make sense and have been nice to see her family a little more involved if they were going to be a big part of this season.

Based on a sun themed artwork,

-not in Pokémon sun

:p
Well, Paragon said something about the Amiibo theory originally too so I thought they were the same

Either way since it’s paragon I don’t believe it

D

Deleted member

Rayman supporters made death threats to Omni for faking that SSB4 leak and were overall memed on for being so salty about it.

Your hypocrisy and ignorance know no bounds. :nifty:
How dare you sully the good name of our lord and savior Rayman. Just because they made death threats doesn't mean we're toxic. It just means that we're quirky! Yeaaah, quirky.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How dare you sully the good name of our lord and savior Rayman. Just because they made death threats doesn't mean we're toxic. It just means that we're quirky! Yeaaah, quirky.
It's all caught on tape, baby.

shoutouts to the NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy cameos

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This could be the case, but the lineup of 3 doesn't mean that Nintendo is going to stay 100% consistent.

Calm down. You don't need to go about and insult random people who did nothing wrong.
The irony of the post was that I said that all Rayman fans, including myself, were friendly and wholesome, only to call everybody else a prick for seemingly no reason. I was Rian Johnsoning ya.

It's all caught on tape, baby.
Out of Context! Fake News!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Me: *goes to orbis for the first time*
Me: *goes to take a bathroom break because the trip to Orbis is like 15 minutes in real time*

ten minutes later

Me: Why the frick am I dead?
This was basically me too except i stop to eat and when I look up from my plate, everyone was getting their ass handed to them and Im dead.

after that, I said "Lol F that!" and I stayed in that room the whole ride-

wow, I wasnt expecting another Maplestory person here

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh man, remember when the Grinch leak got absolutely destroyed and people were so delirious because the Ken artwork was maybe kind of somehow similar to that blurry image even though Incineroar is not on it, meaning they must be in the game still no matter what!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom