• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
wonder if mmos will ever have a shot at smash bros

wonder if maplestory is the top likely in that scenario

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
That was literally only Verge tho wasnt it
Hitagi, a Namco leaker, was also saying it, even though they had nothing correct up to that point about Smash (and still don't). Verge only said "Minecraft content, possibly a character."

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hitagi, a Namco leaker, was also saying it, even though they had nothing correct up to that point about Smash (and still don't). Verge only said "Minecraft content, possibly a character."
Mii costume? That counts as content

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So is there supposed to be more maintenance soon, or

Cause I’ve been playing Splatoon 2 matches online just fine
There was some last night and there's more schedule throughout the week.

The earliest anyone expects anything to be hinted at is the middle of the week, usually to precede a Thursday evening in the US/Friday morming in Japan time frame. This is also when DQ Builders 2 on Switch should be releasing.

StormC

Smash Hero
Actually I just remembered Verge saying before release the Minecraft content was... a boss. While the bosses were actively being datamined.

Verge generally speaking has a crap record regarding DLC. He only got Erdrick because of the datamine and Tansut's claim and latched onto Banjo after Shinobi sent out the signal. Nothing really juicy yet on his end. Even if there's a Steve Mii costume that's an easy guess with Banjo being in.

EDIT: Actually he did say he heard about a "Square character" around August so maybe he's got something. idk, we'll see.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Word is that Kraven is being teased as the next villain for the third Spider-Man movie.

I also recall Tom Holland wants Jason Momoa to play him.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, so as a Steve supporter, I'm just going say this on behalf of all the supporters of characters who have been mocked:

Not wanting a character in because of the way some people in their fanbase act isn't a legit reason on why they shouldn't be in Smash. In fact, it's probably the weakest argument you can give.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so as a Steve supporter, I'm just going say this on behalf of all the supporters of characters who have been mocked:

Not wanting a character in because of the way some people in their fanbase act isn't a legit reason on why they shouldn't be in Smash. In fact, it's probably the weakest argument you can give.
I could say that I agree and even that wouldn't be enough to share how deep I relate with this statement.

D

Deleted member

wonder if mmos will ever have a shot at smash bros

wonder if maplestory is the top likely in that scenario
>MMO character
All hail our lord and savior Thrall AKA Green Jesus
0U61ZXG7TM7A1557859122200.jpg

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with not buying it due to a lack of National Dex.

What is wrong is when people lash out on others for being hyped, calling them corporate *** kissers or something.

Which in return, causes those to be hyped to lash out on those who aren't, calling them all deadbeat clowns.

And then then rinse and repeat. You can switch the order around if you want to.

I don't think this controversy will be the death of Pokemon like some people believe, and I doubt this game is going to sell poorly.
I've definitely seen the toxicity come from all directions, which has made me want to try to avoid it as much as possible. People need to learn to respect those with differing opinions and not get so worked up--it's just a video game in the end.

Gamefreak certainly messed up on the messaging, and there were ways to do it better (though, there'd still be the controversy no matter what they did). It's certainly going to sell well regardless, I can't imagine why some would think otherwise. Pokemon's the type of series, for better or for worse, sells well no matter what. That could always change in the future, but as it is now, there's too much momentum that can't be stopped.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think they made Duraludon specifically so it could be the mecha Godzilla to Tyranitar’s Godzilla

They’re really going in on the kaiju theme.

D

Deleted member

I think they made Duraludon specifically so it could be the mecha Godzilla to Tyranitar’s Godzilla

They’re really going in on the kaiju theme.
And that's why I want to get the game.

That and Rose doh.

StormC

Smash Hero

I know some posters in this thread who said before K. Rool was konfirmed that they wanted him before but didn't after how his fanbase acted.

It's good to be bad. :ultkrool:

D

Deleted member

Neat thing I saw pointed out. Duralodon's design is probably based on the Tower of Sun created for the 1970 Japanese world's fair.
Compare those squiggly lines on the side and the two heads in the middle and at the top.
Apparently the tower makes a lot of appearances in Kaiju stuff, so that might be why.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Friendly reminder that concept art of ticked Shantae exists.
837D4356-BC56-4FD3-A773-1C566314169D.jpeg

Neat thing I saw pointed out. Duralodon's design is probably based on the Tower of Sun created for the 1970 Japanese world's fair.
Compare those squiggly lines on the side and the two heads in the middle and at the top.
Apparently the tower makes a lot of appearances in Kaiju stuff, so that might be why.
Ok, so this is literally just Kaiju stuff.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know some posters in this thread who said before K. Rool was konfirmed that they wanted him before but didn't after how his fanbase acted.

It's good to be bad. :ultkrool:
I remember that after Isabelle was confirmed, people claimed that she shouldn't been in because Animal Crossing fans aren't Smash fans, because reasons.

Yeah, I don't understand that logic.

D

Deleted member

I still main K.Rool, tbh.

I just hope that he starts appearing outside of Smash already.

StormC

Smash Hero

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Looks like my “Make someone happy today” quota has been filled
My favorite Pokemon not being in the game was basically my main issue with the game. I didn't really care about the graphics or anything I just wanted any of my favorite Pokemon in and now that pumpkaboo as in, I'm happy

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My favorite Pokemon not being in the game was basically my main issue with the game. I didn't really care about the graphics or anything I just wanted any of my favorite Pokemon in and now that pumpkaboo as in, I'm happy
My main issue is that I likely won’t be able to transfer my Shiny Genesect.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"No Steve, give us Banjo!"

"No Banjo, give us Steve!"

. . .

"Why not both?"
Steve VS Banjo is like Groudon VS Kyogre battling for dominance. Total equals but in the end, there's a bigger, third daddy who makes them his *****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom