• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Also, Lord Hydreigon is the version exclusive opposite of Tyranitar.

Let them fight, for your wallet.

Also, Goomy and Jangmo-o confirmed, that leaves Dragonite, Garchomp and the Gen 3 duo left for the psuedo-legendaries.
Wait are you serious you have to pick between
Dynamaxing Godzilla and Dynamaxing king Gidorah

OH.......MY GOD
sword and shield are perfect games

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A lot of gamers have resigned themselves to protest/express distaste at the content regardless of how good it is because not every single Pokemon ever will be in it. It's pretty dumb, honestly, because it makes it so Gamefreak can't tell if the content they are producing is liked by fans.
Game Freak: "Do you guys like the new characters? We tried getting a little more creative with our designs."

Twitter user: "Do you know what we really like? Every Pokemon. #BringBackNationalDex."

Game Freak "..."

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I forgot about her mother and vaguely remember her brother being mentioned. I do like that her dad is a villain this season. It’s a pretty cool twist.
Liv’s mom was like “your brother hates you” but there was a cut scene in season 3 of him coming to her apartment and he came out as gay to her.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'll never find an example as baffling as downvoting/disliking Snake and Zero Suit Samus' fighter videos because of their nerfed "assets." The Snake one in particular upsets me given it gives more of an impression that that people aren't happy with their return when the opposite is (or was at the time, competitive aside) the truth.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll never find an example as baffling as downvoting/disliking Snake and Zero Suit Samus' fighter videos because of their nerfed "assets." The Snake one in particular upsets me given it gives more of an impression that that people aren't happy with their return when the opposite is (or was at the time, competitive aside) the truth.
I remember more memes over Snake than genuine outrage though.

With ZSS, I didn't see that much outrage, I thought most people were OK with the more muscular build, since I remember her design in Smash 4 was not well recieved by her fans.

Now, the real outrage (kinda) I saw was from the whole G&W feather removal, which spawned so many videos and anger on how Smash went SJW or something.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

With ZSS, I didn't see that much outrage, I thought most people were OK with the more muscular build, since I remember her design in Smash 4 was not well recieved by her fans.

Now, the real outrage (kinda) I saw was from the whole G&W feather removal, which spawned so many videos and anger on how Smash went SJW or something.
there was one user who was here for a couple weeks who wouldn't talk about anything other than how they didn't like the changes to ZSS

I think most of the people who didn't like it just didn't get much attention, I definitely saw some people leaving salty replies to Sakurai's tweets about it

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay so first of all:

Yamper is still precious, Alcremie is adorable, Rolycoly is a hilarious name, Duraludon is kinda cool/kinda goofy.

I can now excuse Leon’s Charizard because it’s definitely getting a gigantamax form. Like Diantha’s Gardevoir.

Gigantamax is cool. It’s a fusion between megas and Z moves.

The starter evolutions are probably definitely getting gigantamax forms.

Rose and Oleana are probably evil.

You actually get sponsorships???

Bea is Bae, Allister is freaky cool. I’ve gotta get both versions now because I can’t live without either of them.

I am still very, very excited!

Iridium

Smash Hero
*click the link*

*see the second tweet below*

*me be like*

Shouldn't there be a warning for that tweet?
Well, that wasn't even there when I checked at the time. Worthy sacrifice of your eyes from you.

Sakurai's going to make :ulttoonlink:'s limbs paper thin next game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Saw how the Dr. Mario World monetization is going to work.

I'm pretty iffy on the gacha system but I need to see how fair the puzzles are to be sure.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
A lot of gamers have resigned themselves to protest/express distaste at the content regardless of how good it is because not every single Pokemon ever will be in it. It's pretty dumb, honestly, because it makes it so Gamefreak can't tell if the content they are producing is liked by fans.
It's not dumb, if they don't like the game because a prominent feature of the older games isn't in, they have every right to express their distaste. If the designs aren't amazing enough to change their mind on the quality of the game, that's just how it is (it's completely subjective). Personally, I haven't seen anything that appeals to me, regardless of the National Dex controversy or not. Whether you love the game or hate the game, I think it's important to at the very least respect the opinions of those who disagree. Pokemon appeals to different people for different reasons--some like the story, or the battling and they don't care about the controversy, whereas others play Pokemon as collectors, and it's not what they have come to expect. The only problem I see would be the trolls who just complain, regardless of their genuine thoughts.

As for me, I've resigned myself not to express my feelings on the game, because of the backlash of the backlash (and the extremely toxic nature of the discussion in general), and also it's not my series to get too worked up about, as I fell off of Pokemon before the DS era. Also, regardless of my feelings, my bf said he's going to buy me Sword and make me play it. :chuckle:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, that wasn't even there when I checked at the time. Worthy sacrifice of your eyes from you.

Sakurai's going to make :ulttoonlink:'s limbs paper thin next game.
Atleast my brain died knowing it saved someone life.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's not dumb, if they don't like the game because a prominent feature of the older games isn't in, they have every right to express their distaste. If the designs aren't amazing enough to change their mind on the quality of the game, that's just how it is (it's completely subjective). Personally, I haven't seen anything that appeals to me, regardless of the National Dex controversy or not. Whether you love the game or hate the game, I think it's important to at the very least respect the opinions of those who disagree. Pokemon appeals to different people for different reasons--some like the story, or the battling and they don't care about the controversy, whereas others play Pokemon as collectors, and it's not what they have come to expect. The only problem I see would be the trolls who just complain, regardless of their genuine thoughts.

As for me, I've resigned myself not to express my feelings on the game, because of the backlash of the backlash (and the extremely toxic nature of the discussion in general), and also it's not my series to get too worked up about, as I fell off of Pokemon before the DS era. Also, regardless of my feelings, my bf said he's going to buy me Sword and make me play it. :chuckle:
There's nothing wrong with not buying it due to a lack of National Dex.

What is wrong is when people lash out on others for being hyped, calling them corporate ass kissers or something.

Which in return, causes those to be hyped to lash out on those who aren't, calling them all deadbeat clowns.

And then then rinse and repeat. You can switch the order around if you want to.

I don't think this controversy will be the death of Pokemon like some people believe, and I doubt this game is going to sell poorly.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, I can’t really say the Pokémon trailer did much for me besides a couple of the new Pokémon looking solid (which has been true since reveal at least). Gym leaders look cool and it does seem like a nice step in a lot of ways...

But god if Dynamaxing and now Gigantimaxing don’t just look like the most annoying features ever that are just going to dominate any significant battles in the game. I haven’t played Gen VI or VII yet, so I don’t how bad Mega Evolutions and Z Moves are in those games, but just looking at Sw/Sh it seems to really dominate all of their new stuff. I guess Gigantimaxing looks OK? I don’t know, it’s really hard for me to care about this sort of stuff when I just don’t see what it adds to the game other than some potentially very broken kill moves and a little spectacle. I’m honestly just wishing it had been more saved for the “raid” type battles and left out of trainer battles. As it stands, the mechanic does nothing to inspire me in the game and always feels off. Almost like it has been shoehorned into everything. I feel like you’re taking away from the whole spectator idea that I really like in Sw/Sh by just forcing this mechanic on Gym Battles...

I also just don’t understand why Game Freak would go this route for a trailer with all the hate they’ve been getting. Like, show off more of the game beyond the feature that has already had incredibly average responses, show more Pokémon to reassure people that more of the favorites are in the game, show us some cool new environments that are well detailed. Hell, they should have touched up the infamous tree from the Treehouse and showed it off for both kicks and as a way to reassure fans they’re listening and working to create a better experience.

I just can’t get invested in this trailer at all beyond the new Pokémon.

StormC

Smash Hero
Remember when we thought we we're going to get a Granblue Fantasy character in smash for some reason?
I have no idea why people humored Hitagi so much. They clearly didn't know crap and had 0 proven things as far as Smash goes. I blame their insistence that Steve was "definitely happening" on starting the whole Steve vs. Banjo debacle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if anything im surprised no one mentioned how that native american sprite with a cloth doesn't look like a cloth

you know damn well what it looks like

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So is there supposed to be more maintenance soon, or

Cause I’ve been playing Splatoon 2 matches online just fine

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'n still salty about those leakers saying Steve was happening, thanks for giving me hope.
Well, Verge has been saying Minecraft content is in the game since May 2018, and people refuse to acknowledge a scenario where this bit of info was wrong despite not believing Steve is in Smash.

I'm just gonna say I think it's more likely that Steve is in the game than it is for Nintendo to negotiate a Mii costume almost a year in advance.

D

Deleted member

There was a small delay on the flight.

Just wanted to say in the meantime that you can watch some movies during the flight including Captain Marvel.

I think that I will watch that one instead of playing Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom