• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Lackluster my butt! Zacian is a gift from above!
I know you love it, but it does nothing for me :laugh:
It's a blue dog with a sword, which next to gems like the Weather/Creation/Aura trio, just comes across as so creatively deficient.

Can it redeem the lackluster game though?
By itself no, but enough good tidbits MIGHT sway me. Not planning to get it at this point though.
I'm not a Dex alarmist (as much as I'm sad about the idea of not being able to collect them all in one game) but Pokemon overall just isn't pulling me in now that my gaming time is more precious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Puff, Pichu, Lucario and Greninja are the only ones not to have one of their shiny forms referenced, but I think Puff had one, which got removed in Smash 4.

But Puff and Pichu have nice hats, so they get a pass.
why does lucario not have any alts that are signifcant except for "this kind of looks like riolu shade of blue right? right???"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Zamazenta is interesting but Zacian is just all kinds of meh.
I mean, it's literally a four-legged wolf with a mask that can somehow fight effectively by swinging a giant sword in its mouth.

To each their own. Personally, I thought it was really creative. Better than some bipedal creature holding a sword with its hands (or that wooden horse abomination that one rumor suggested).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, it's literally a four-legged wolf with a mask that can somehow fight effectively by swinging a giant sword in its mouth.

To each their own. Personally, I thought it was really creative. Better than some bipedal creature holding a sword with its hands (or that wooden horse abomination that one rumor suggested).
But isn't Zacian the one with the sword in its mouth?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Making my bets. They pull off an Emolga and do something slightly different, looking at the eastern grey squirrel.

Or we can do another rodent, in which I wouldn't mind the harvest mouse.

Okay, so I apparently didn't notice this the first time, but I found this possible Pokémon looking at Serebii.

That's definitely a squirrel. Now we wait to see if it has any significance at all. If not, well perhaps something like a chipmunk, but I'm waiting on that Pikachu echo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, so I apparently didn't notice this the first time, but I found this possible Pokémon looking at Serebii.

That's definitely a squirrel. Now we wait to see if it has any significance at all.
It's probably the already leaked months ago chimpmunk Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of wasn't how broken this is, but that it reminds me of Gamera with a brighter color scheme?

>Drednaw is a cartoon Gamera
>Duraludon is a Mechagodzilla reference
>Dynamaxing was introduced in order to make pokemon kaiju-sized
Guess Game Freak took that one guy advertising Godzilla at the Pokemon press conference a few months ago seriously.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Puff, Pichu, Lucario and Greninja are the only ones not to have one of their shiny forms referenced, but I think Puff had one, which got removed in Smash 4.

But Puff and Pichu have nice hats, so they get a pass.
Pikachu used to have a shiny alt. But it got removed because Pikachu Libre is a girl, did you notice? orange.

D

Deleted member

On my way to the airport.

Picking some food while doing so for the moment we are hungry during the fly.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On my way to the airport.

Picking some food while doing so for the moment we are hungry during the fly.
Airflight Attendants who have those weird peanuts: Am I a joke to you?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I know you love it, but it does nothing for me :laugh:
It's a blue dog with a sword, which next to gems like the Weather/Creation/Aura trio, just comes across as so creatively deficient.

By itself no, but enough good tidbits MIGHT sway me. Not planning to get it at this point though.
I'm not a Dex alarmist (as much as I'm sad about the idea of not being able to collect them all in one game) but Pokemon overall just isn't pulling me in now that my gaming time is more precious.
A lot of people refer to the National Dex as "the straw that broke the camel's back" and I totally agree with that. I totally bought into the last few Pokemon games, shrugging off the criticism they received because "I like Pokemon, it's fun" and a misguided sense of nostalgia, but after the National Dex I noticed the awful animations in the game, the lack of style, the graphics not even being a step up from the 3DS games, N64 trees, etc.

I'm just done accepting mediocrity just because it's Pokemon. Better developers are making better games, and that's where I would rather put my money.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Okay should I get Sif or Unarmed Sif?

I feel conflicted because I planned on Sword but I like ghost types, and therefor Ghost gyms.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The main Pokémon that stands out to me among those revealed today is Alcremie. It's an adorable Fairy type and I'm a sucker for those lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of wasn't how broken this is, but that it reminds me of Gamera with a brighter color scheme?

*Crashes into the thread at the mere mention of Gamera*

DID SOMEBODY SAY GAMERA!!!! YES ANOTHER PERSON WHO KNOWS HIM BESIDES JDC AND I!!!! :grin:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
>Drednaw is a cartoon Gamera
>Duraludon is a Mechagodzilla reference
>Dynamaxing was introduced in order to make pokemon kaiju-sized
Guess Game Freak took that one guy advertising Godzilla at the Pokemon press conference a few months ago seriously.
Also, Lord Hydreigon is the version exclusive opposite of Tyranitar.

Let them fight, for your wallet.

Also, Goomy and Jangmo-o confirmed, that leaves Dragonite, Garchomp and the Gen 3 duo left for the psuedo-legendaries.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I kind of miss the idea of having only the region specific Pokemon until you beat the game so you're forced to utilize newer Pokemon instead of just getting a Larvitar in the first cave of the game to absolutely demolish the **** out of the campaign. I liked the idea from Unova a lot and it gave these Pokemon more meaning because let's face it, there's always clones of what came first whether we like it or not. The only issue with that is oh boy the Unova leveling up system was so ass.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also, Lord Hydreigon is the version exclusive opposite of Tyranitar.

Let them fight, for your wallet.

Also, Goomy and Jangmo-o confirmed, that leaves Dragonite, Garchomp and the Gen 3 duo left for the psuedo-legendaries.
So only Sword has Hydreigon. It's already looking better to me.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Guess I'll go by which version has the cooler fossil exclusives

Cos we gotta have good fossilmon this gen - Gen 7 at least had the excuse it was based on a region that doesn't have much in the way of fossils

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hope people remember that version exclusive gym leaders have been around for a while.

I mean, Gen 3 had a somewhat differnt plot depending on what game you buy, and Gen 5 had two completely different cities depending on the version.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hope people remember that version exclusive gym leaders have been around for a while.

I mean, Gen 3 had a somewhat differnt plot depending on what game you buy, and Gen 5 had two completely different cities depending on the version.
Well, the Pokemon fanbases acts like Sun and Moon is the first time it ever had any sort of cutscene. So I'm not surprised they would've forgotten things like that.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

They've been around, but they shouldn't continue being around. The whole two version system is an outdated tradition that needs to die.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I wager there are enough people that double-dip on pokemon versions that they won't stop making split versions. Too much profit off of minimal effort.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Probably making the versions more different so they can get more people to buy that SwSh double pack they're offering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom