• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I loved the backstory of Carol Danvers on her movie.

Some people may enjoy to bash the character, but I personally felt that she had some of the best developments on the MCU so far.

It would rock to see her facing up opponents who could bring up some epic battles on the sequel.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Also to change gears a bit, I've been seeing this image going around

Emphasis on the bottom right/"Special" tag

It hasn't occurred to me in a while, but I really would hope they add in additional WoL modes, including Boss Rush and that one fight with time or score options.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I edited my original post to better word that concern. Sorry if I jumped the gun, too used to pre-emptively preparing for arguments over things like this (thanks social media)

And nice, I'll be sure to give it a look when I'm out from work. I've been working on a few Metroid levels myself for both MM2 and Smash's stage builder.
That's cool pal, I know how social media, especially now, can cause certain peoples to fear for the worst after some time watching how they work, so you being worried about my post wasn't unwarranted in part (even if it did make me afraid on the spot. :lol:)

But hey, fear aside, we talked about it calmly, we understand each other points better, and thing didn't rise out of proportion, so I say you're still cool in my book. Just be careful if next time, something like that happen again with me, or even another user, take your time while writting a post, because as you seen, certain words can cause more problems than you might anticipate. (And I say that for me too. :p)

That being all said, glad to hear you try my level! See ya on your next mission!

And tell me if you like it or not after you beat it!^^

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Also to change gears a bit, I've been seeing this image going around

Emphasis on the bottom right/"Special" tag

It hasn't occurred to me in a while, but I really would hope they add in additional WoL modes, including Boss Rush and that one fight with time or score options.
Why does Lucas have a second form there when it's just a colour swap, while Mario, Link, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, Cloud, Bayonetta, and Joker are all missing their alternate models?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why does Lucas have a second form there when it's just a colour swap, while Mario, Link, Cloud, and Bayonetta are all missing their alternate models?
Because it refer to Claus, meanwhile, all the alternate costume you're refering are the same character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also Duraludon's description mentions that it battles with Tyranitar. I guess it's just a big Mechagodzilla reference.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Why does Lucas have a second form there when it's just a colour swap, while Mario, Link, Zero Suit Samus, Cloud, and Bayonetta are all missing their alternate models?
You know, that is kind of odd huh?

Why is that? What is life? WHY is life?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why does Lucas have a second form there when it's just a colour swap, while Mario, Link, Zero Suit Samus, Cloud, and Bayonetta are all missing their alternate models?
It's only the color schemes that are considered "separate characters" (Blood Falcon, MK/Dark MK/Galacta Knight, Claus, all the separate Villagers/Inklings).

They're kinda treated the same as the different name on CSS ones, like Olimar+Alph/Koopalings/separateHeroes for thematic purposes

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's only the color schemes that are considered "separate characters" (Blood Falcon, MK/Dark MK/Galacta Knight, Claus, all the separate Villagers/Inklings).

They're kinda treated the same as the different Olimar+Alph/Koopalings/Heroes for thematic purposes
It's still weird, considering we have a lot of other reference alts, like Joker's Crow alt or Bayo's Jeanne alt.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Guys, hear me out: what if there was a pachinko machine in Super Nintendo World, but it was the Mario Sunshine one? So you can never win?

And the lazy river ride? The lava boat. Hit a wall, and the inflatible pops and you instantly drown.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's still weird, considering we have a lot of other reference alts, like Joker's Crow alt or Bayo's Jeanne alt.
Or like literally all of Lucina's alts too, lol.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just rewatched the trailer for Senran Kagura Reflexions, how would you ever play that with someone else in the room? Lol

Like, the regular games, Peach Beach, and Peach Ball are one thing, but Reflexions is straight "touching girls: the game." So weird.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
in short, it's a fanmade wallpaper with questionable decisions on what constitutes a 'character' within skin references

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, Claus is litteraly a palette swap of Lucas.

Meanwhile, for exemple, Joker Crow Alt, Bayo Jean alt & Lucina alt reference those character colors, but the characters in themselves aren't palette swap of Joker, Bayo, Lucina, etc... I think that's why Claus was given a pass on the pic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, Claus is litteraly a palette swap of Lucas.

Meanwhile, for exemple, Joker Crow Alt, Bayo Jean alt & Lucina alt reference those character colors, but the characters in themselves aren't palette swap of Joker, Bayo, Lucina, etc... I think that's why Claus was given a pass on the pic.
I'd be more inclined to agree, but then there's Galacta Knight. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the color schemes in that image are different because SOME of the skins could be seen as an entirely different character. Lucas in that color scheme is basically Claus, whereas Joker with the Crow color scheme is still Joker, just with different coloring. Same as the Jeanne skin for Bayonetta.

Link wouldn’t have his Green tunic because it’s still Link, not a separate character, which is similar to Lucina. Lucina has different colors, but none of those actually makes Lucina those characters.

It’s a lame excuse, but it’s an excuse.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
As a kaiju fan the "Maxing" aspect of SwSh is probably the most appealing part.

Also:
That dark legendary sounds like it could potentially redeem the lackluster cover legendaries!

D

Deleted member

As a kaiju fan the "Maxing" aspect of SwSh is probably the most appealing part.

Also:
That dark legendary sounds like it could potentially redeem the lackluster cover legendaries!
For me the most hype stuff of the games are what you mentioned and Mr.Fantastic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yeah so that last post was me overreacting heavily

i got some sleep so now im good to

I’ve always been a huge Porky supporter but this makes me want him less
Same.

Why can’t people let others enjoy the characters they want?
geez, dry humor has a tough crowd huh? :4pacman: my actual post on why i want porky is just invalidated because of it?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'd be more inclined to agree, but then there's Galacta Knight. :p
Galacta Knight is a weird one.

It has the line on the mask (well, a painted line on the mask), but is otherwise a color swap like you mention, which make it slighty more special than your average colot swap, DMK alt has the scar on his mask too.

Idk tho, it just work I guess? Maybe Todd Howard made that image, after all,
012.gif

I knew he would make Fallout 76 : Battle Royal in the future.

So I must be right.:ultridley:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yeah so that last post was me overreacting heavily

i got some sleep so now im good to

geez, dry humor has a tough crowd huh? :4pacman: my actual post on why i want porky is just invalidated because of it?
Nah.
You are fine.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One thing I always found strange is when it came to giving the Pokemon characters alts, half of them have alts that reference different trainer classes, as well as trainers themselves, while the other half reference other Pokemon and their apperances in the past or alternate forms.

And then there's Lucario. And Greninja. Their's are not based on anything.

D

Deleted member

One thing I always found strange is when it came to giving the Pokemon characters alts, half of them have alts that reference different trainer classes, as well as trainers themselves, while the other half reference other Pokemon and their apperances in the past or alternate forms.

And then there's Lucario. And Greninja. Their's are not based on anything.
I wonder why the Pokémon never tend to get alts of their Shiny colours.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nah.
You are fine.
nah now it gives me a good reason to post it again for my epic redemption arc

So, I'm going to make another post about Porky because I'm too hyped up on energy drinks. Not going to do the usual thing I do where I try to be snarky, I'll try to keep my attitude as low as possible. As much as I joke or try to be coy, I do think Porky would be a great addition to Smash Bros. Even if he is "niche", perhaps unrecognizable to a general audience, or just somehow unfitting due to characteristics, I believe in his potential. In my opinion, he is one of the last great villains of Nintendo that have yet to join the roster. And perhaps Porky would fill that missing caricature slot of the JRPG villain, something only someone like Sephiroth could achieve.

If you want to hear me out, I'm going to do my best to represent Porky in the best way I possibly can. No memes, no jokes, just me being enthusiastic. He may not be my most wanted or my most favored, but he's at least Top 10.

Porky is this small child that at first becomes a wimpy, cowardly kid whose only friend loses his trust in him that soon becomes the most sadistic, evil villain in Nintendo history. What he has done alone is the most damage and heartbreak any character has gone through. Ridley killed Samus' mom, Ganondorf had massacred plenty, and Porky did both types of things and more.

His evilness is mostly from Giygas, this super powerful alien that's really the reason the plot of all three games happen, but the idea is that Giygas becomes so powerful that he has to limit himself within a machine just to not lose his sanity because of his raw power, raw power that could turn the universe into his own void. His very essence corrupts the animate and inanimate alike within the world, one of them being Porky. He thinks Ness ends the only friendship he's ever had and goes off of the deep end. He destroys Giygas' limiter and almost puts an end to the entire universe.

Then once he realizes that it didn't go so well, he teleports away and dips for thousands of years and then decides to try to do the same thing but with a dragon. To do this, he needs to do the seven plot macguffins that require you to have a pure of heart. Porky cheats the system by making a being with no heart. How does he do it? Animal cruelty, kidnapping, and transforming Lucas' brother into a cybernetic monstrosity. He also got his mom killed, but that was more indirect but still on his hands because he was the one who had the thing who killed her made.

He becomes a dictator within his own empire and glorifies himself as this great king. He's sickly as time travel had taken a toll on his body, but still has the attitude and mindset of a young adolescent. Morbid curiosity meets childhood wonder. He actually does still think about Ness in Mother 3 if you know where to find the flavor text. Kind of sad, but he's a heartless ************ so we don't really care how he feels. He's never killed and never will be, he's got longevity. However, he put himself in the Absolutely Safe Capsule after getting rekt in a fight, so now he spends the rest of his neverending days in solitude where he cannot be harmed, but at the same time he can no more harm others.

Overall, Porky is a very important character to EarthBound, as he makes up the second of the two main antagonists of the three games alongside Giygas, who is a lot more of a tragic villain compared to Porky if you know the lore. If Mother ever were to get another character, it's either him or Ninten, who is a lot similar to Ness (though only in design, but thats easily clone bait if Dark Samus teaches us anything).
One main reason: He doesn't have a Spirit.

As I stated earlier, Porky is one of the biggest and most important characters to the series. And he has no Spirit. Neither does his statue. Neither do any members of his army. Neither does Giygas, someone who's just as important as he is. Coincidence? I think probably not but there's a small chance there is. Optimism and skepticism are simultaneous here, but the fact that such key characters are missing raises a red flag. I've been shown over the past year that data and strings that may seem way too simple to be true are in fact very true.

I look mostly at the Box Theory and the Brave filename. They all seemed too simple and too dull to be considered viable, and then my stupid dumb self got smacked across the face as it was very literal. Now, a spirit being out of place doesn't scream "oh my god, lester the unlikely confirmed!!!", but it raises many eyebrows to why someone of such importance to his series, or anything that relates to him at all, is missing.
New Pork City is a stage, yes, but in no way do I believe that should immediately label him as impossible. New Pork City is the most well known area of Mother 3 except maybe that little sunflower area and Tazmily Village, but New Pork City had gimmicks inside for stage hazards so I'm assuming that's why they chose it over many others. Also, Porky appeared in more than one game. Besides, they made it back in Brawl, I do not see how that limits his appearance. With the idea of "Everyone is Here!", it would make no sense to remove it and then bring it back again when it is supposed to be purely new content added to the game.

And there's one specific place in mind when it comes to Porky. As a matter of fact, it already came to light once before thanks to Smash Flash 2. I'm of course talking about the final boss area of EarthBound: Devil's Machine.

You could also use Saturn Valley if you wish, but that's not particularly Porky themed if not just an EarthBound general theme. Devil's Machine is a clear hot ticket though, and Giygas' attacks and presence can easily be a stage hazard through unknown attacks and certain gimmicks.

Porky having a stage accompanying him is not impossible, so he's not ruled out.
Assuming we have 10 spirits for each DLC pack like Joker did, plus a fighter Spirit, here's a speculatory list of spirits I created; half of them EarthBound, the other half Mother 3. All of these Spirits heavily relate to Porky as they all have direct connections to him specifically:
FS1. Pokey Minch (EarthBound)

View attachment 230439

FS2. Porky Minch (Mother 3)

View attachment 230440

S1. Giygas (EarthBound Beginnings) - First Antagonist
View attachment 230442
S2. Giygas (EarthBound) - First Antagonist / Porky's Master

View attachment 230443

Honestly, this is the hardest one to make a spirit out of if you don't know what you're doing. If you keep the void hole in the mouth black and keep a black outline, it should be perfectly fine.

S3. Picky Minch - Porky's Brother
View attachment 230453

S4. Mr. Carpainter - Leader of the Insane Cultists, an organization Porky participated in
View attachment 230454

S5. Mecha Drago - Porky's chimera; kind of started a revenge quest

View attachment 230464

S6. King Statue - Optional (and difficult) boss of New Pork City in his likeness

View attachment 230441

S7. Pigmask Army - Porky's Army
View attachment 230448

S8. Fassad - One of Porky's reoccurring commanders

View attachment 230446

S9. Phase Distorter - The tool Porky used to kidnap Andonuts and travel to the time period of Mother 3
View attachment 230452

S10. Dr. Andonuts - Important inventor of plot devices in EarthBound / Kidnapped by Porky to do his bidding during the plot of Mother 3
View attachment 230447

Here are some honorable mentions that aren't as related or just didn't put in because I could only put in 10:

- Everdred
- Apple Kid
- Insane Cultist (Would put him over Mr. Carpainter only if there weren't localization differences between artwork)
- Evil Mani Mani Statue
- The Runaway Five
- Tessie
- Magyspies
- Mecha-Porky
- Negative Man

In conclusion, there are many additions that could be added to the EarthBound spirits.
Mother only has 14 songs in SSBU, which isn't that far off from Persona, which has 11. I don't recall any limits or set numbers, so I'm going to list off 10 songs that can increase that to 24. Not really what to expect, just random favorites. These are just songs that can be remixed in no particular order:

1. Medley Against A Foe! (EarthBound - Combination of some normal enemy fights in EarthBound)
Poltergeist (EarthBound Beginnings - Basically the only enemy fight theme that isn't torture to hear)
Franky (EarthBound - Also known as "Hippie Battle" elsewhere)
Medley of Guys (Mother 3 - Combination of some normal enemy fights in Mother 3)
Gentle Rain (Mother 3 - I just really like this song)
All That I Needed Was You (EarthBound Beginnings - There is the NES version but the CD version is a banger)
The Paradise Line (EarthBound Beginnings - There is the NES version but the CD version is a banger)
Drago!? (Mother 3 - I just really like this song)
Good Friends, Bad Friends (EarthBound - Why remix towns when you can remix the remix? :214:)

And of course, you gotta have the main theme of the character, even if localizations are cray cray.

10. Pokey Means Business! (EarthBound)

On a side note, I may have just introduced you to the OST of Mother 1. It is a blast, here's the playlist. I highly encourage you listen to it, there is a lot of good in this. I've never heard of an NES game getting its own CD track ever, but I was surprised. Itoi is one cheeky man.
Well, there is one thing.

It isn't that he's "not popular enough" or that "he's too niche" or that "Mother is dead and shouldn't get another character" or that "he couldn't possibly have a moveset" or "he's being saved for boss rush DLC" or "i don't like fat kids", it's that if the Spirits correlation was indeed 100% true, then wouldn't he have already been revealed? Or is he saving something for later? Suspense and payoff is not usually Sakurai's billing, considering the big reveal for the past 3 games have been Olimar, Shulk, and Incineroar. Not exactly the hardcore fan demand everyone, y'know, demanded. It is totally possible that this is the case. He's been banking more on big reveals early on it seems to get people sold now and adding on to the flavor later.

So that's my analysis on Porky Minch. Maybe you've read it and you now understand why I seriously think Porky is somewhere in this Fighter's Pass, and maybe you agree. Or maybe you didn't read it and you just don't care. Maybe my post only made you dislike him more. Maybe no one will read this post at all or put any input in regards to my 3 hours well spent of text wall construction.

But hey, that's just a theory. A Game Theory, thanks for watching.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>version exclusive gym leaders

i dont see why people are complaining really, emerald did it first :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Zamazenta is interesting but Zacian is just all kinds of meh.

This joke was only funny for the first 50 times.
Yeah, I will put a stop to the joke.

I will ask @Taylor F if they are fine with me going back to the summer avatar too, since he claimed to love this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom