• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
I might have shared this thought elsewhere on the forum, can't remember, but: the next Smash game marketing cycle Sakurai should start by telling us exactly how many newcomers are going to be in the base game (both unique and echoes individually). It would do a great deal to set fans' expectations where he wants them to be. I think the transparency on the Fighters Pass has been much appreciated, and having that for the next Smash would help as well.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
my internet got fixed so now i can play mario maker with all my 0 friends that have mario maker

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I might have shared this thought elsewhere on the forum, can't remember, but: the next Smash game marketing cycle Sakurai should start by telling us exactly how many newcomers are going to be in the base game (both unique and echoes individually). It would do a great deal to set fans' expectations where he wants them to be. I think the transparency on the Fighters Pass has been much appreciated, and having that for the next Smash would help as well.
on the flipside, however, arguments over characters 'stealing slots' would also never end if a concrete number was laid out at the beginning

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sure. But opinions/criticism don't work very well if they aren't constructive and presented in a reasonable manner. You aren't helping by being a jerk. It's something many are just going to ignore because they aren't willing to be talked down to. Tone is extremely important as well. Criticisms are not going to be useful to them unless constructive/respective.

Having a point is great. Having a point and displaying it in a manner that respects the actual user is equally important.
While valid, people treat all critism, constructive or not as bad and ignore all.

In the sciences, you have to handle all critism no matter hiw constructed because when dealing with people, they will all be different, with different views, backgrounds and beliefs.

One has to be open to all forms of criticism, or they will suffer in the end.

Knowing how to handle all types, good and bad will ultimately produce a better product. If one just filters in one type, it will weaken the product or even the message.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so did anything stupid happen within the last 48 hours of my disappearance

Noipoi

Howdy!
I keep going to Pokémon fan sites, ready to engage in some light hearted Wooloo memery, only to remember everything’s on fire.

Guess I’m gonna be memeing by myself until November.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Alright. I drew the next two AMA names for this week. Please let me know if you're available this week for your AMA:

@Zack E. and KarneraMythos KarneraMythos

Now I'm off to go make fun of Resident Evil: Degeneration on a hot mic. Hopefully this turns out well.
Office_Guy.png

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I should be able to get to questions if it's between today and tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm moving Mon-Wed to my new house, so that's when I'm busiest. Depends on when you have the threads planned. If there's a schedule conflict, just add me back to the queue.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You guys know Any surefire ways to get rid of a cold. I need to be sharp for work on Monday so I don’t have another emotional breakdown.
Cold? An emotional or physical?

Lots of sleep. For physical. And water.
For emotional, vent to a psychologist.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I keep going to Pokémon fan sites, ready to engage in some light hearted Wooloo memery, only to remember everything’s on fire.

try going to r/pokemonswordandshield. It's pretty much the opposite of the main sub, you still see negative stuff but a lot of it is downvoted.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If there is ever any new info I would like to know. I wont blurt it out I just want to know something Nintendo should have revealed months ago.

Tired of speculation, particularly when people only seem to discuss the same 3-4 characters as the only possibilities.
Specultion seems to have resumed a neutral state where just about every character is neutral.

Only difference from before is after Hero and Banjo, we've all sort of accepted it's all 3rd parties but I'm not so certain myself.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm dying. Send me a get well soon card pls.

Its ****ing hot.
1561850276197.png

Randomly decided on this one. Here ya go.

I've also been playing Mario Odyssey, and dang it...I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this game! I'm so glad I purchased it. So many childhood memories are flowing back, and finding the moons is actually...fun and interesting because of the Cappy mechanic and the semi-unique worlds so far?

I'm in love. And the controls are as smooth as butter. This might become my favorite Mario game ever.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyone else playing Pokemon Go? Am looking to work on the new Special Research and need a new friend code to register.

4822 9959 4779

I promise to send lots of Gifts. ;)
I've been slowly getting back into Go so I may as well add you. Just sent a request.

Heck may as well throw my code put there to for anyone interested.

4644 4014 3285

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

anyway here's kasuloo

1561850533576.png

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While valid, people treat all critism, constructive or not as bad and ignore all.

In the sciences, you have to handle all critism no matter hiw constructed because when dealing with people, they will all be different, with different views, backgrounds and beliefs.

One has to be open to all forms of criticism, or they will suffer in the end.

Knowing how to handle all types, good and bad will ultimately produce a better product. If one just filters in one type, it will weaken the product or even the message.
I'll shorten this message since it's too repetitive.

There is no reason to act like a **** to someone. Ever. It's never once justified. If you can't actually explain the issue very well while respecting them, you aren't going to do a very good job at convincing them of things. Also, there is no reason to tolerate the kind of criticism in the world that is just really harassment instead. You treat your employees and coworkers with respect. No exceptions. The fact it's even allowed anywhere is a horrible thing and should be treated as such. It's clearly difficult to give reasonable criticism as well, as too many people act like utter ***** to people when explaining stuff. Most just explode back, and it makes sense. Why would they wanted to be treated like **** instead of being explained the flaws in their points in a reasonable manner? Why should anyone want to tolerate that? Just because the world allows harassment too often? Well, that's not a good enough reason to justify it either. The world doing something wrong and this issue not being properly taken care of is a problem. It's not less acceptable just because it's common and not properly enforced against.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
endless mario challenge is giving me an appreciation for the actual mario devs' credentials right about now

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
An import? Okay, that makes sense

30 bucks still ain't cheap, but it defintley beats the $90 the F!Corrins usually go for
That still hasn't gone down? Jeez. I overpaid for some, but that's ridiculous. I like to cap out around 30 max if possible for an amiibo. But only for ones like Detective Pikachu, who is actually a pretty big one. Even F!Corrin I'd pay less for. As an exclusive, I can understand a bit of a higher price, coupled with being rare. Though maybe 40 I could max out on, I guess?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
An import? Okay, that makes sense

30 bucks still ain't cheap, but it defintley beats the $90 the F!Corrins usually go for
$30 for a F Corrin amiibo ain't that bad.

Although, I'd be cautious. Nintendo has been restocking random amiibo throughout the year. Marth, Roy, Lucina, and Robin have already gotten restocks. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the Corrins get a restock too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom