• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
ladies and gentlemen i have crafted a stage of such sheer speed and velocity that it'll positively knock your socks off then throw your socks back on because socks don't travel as fast as mario

CG5-H6D-M3G

StormC

Smash Hero
The earliest plausible leak for Banjo was in October with PapaGenos.

Hero has been leaked by Verge since August/September.

Nobody has leaked Joker. So I guess you could say, you never saw it coming.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The earliest plausible leak for Banjo was in October with PapaGenos.

Hero has been leaked by Verge since August/September.

Nobody has leaked Joker. So I guess you could say, you never saw it coming.
which makes it strange that we've heard absolutely nothing about fighters 4/5

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything it actually makes me doubt a Bandai-Namco character considering how often their stuff leaks. :p

StormC

Smash Hero
Sakurai said the first three were developed in tandem so it’s possible they were negotiated first and 4-5 were done later. Hopefully they keep quiet like Joker, I want the last two unspoiled.

D

Deleted member

TheMightyP TheMightyP He’s a ranking of your stages if you want feedback.

1. Incredibly frustrating. I understand it’s supposed to be hard, but in this case there’s literally no room for mistakes. One slip up and your out.

2. The muncher on Bowser Jr.’s head made it wayyyyyyyyy to hard to hit him. Heck, sometimes I would hit Bowser Jr. but it wouldn’t register because it came in contact with the munchers hitbox. Bowser was more fun and fair, bit he would constantly be way behind me.

3. Pretty cute idea, but there is little to no way to choose what you get. I like the idea of using claws to get to the top of the flagpole.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just don't think I can get behind character that look so innocent and childlike.

But y'all do y'all, I guess
Gotta love how if a guy likes a female character it's always assumed to be for creepy or sexual reasons.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah we haven't had any real rumors about them. Closest we got is the other characters on lists that predicted Joker, Banjo and Hero.
And they were most likely cheating, taking existing rumors and putting it all together.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
And um...something about turning teachers into frogs and granting kids to hell?

Yeah it’s been a while since I’ve heard the full song.
No, she turned her teacher into a spoon. i know all of the lyrics of this song off by heart okay. don't judge

And um, no, that's never directly stated in the song. Although...

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It kind of makes sense, back in December Sakurai said he was already working on Joker, Hero, and Banjo and said nothing about 4 or 5, so it's possible that not enough work has gone into them for word to leak out about them yet. Now that the first is done and the other two closer to being done they're probably already shifting resources over to those last two, which may give more of an opportunity for us to get information about them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People should listen to all criticism, no matter what. Even incorrect criticism can lead to incites in many things. All opinions can lead to some discovery. I hate how people insist on censoring opinions they disagree with because they are to weak to handle what is being said. That will be the death of creativity.
Sure. But opinions/criticism don't work very well if they aren't constructive and presented in a reasonable manner. You aren't helping by being a jerk. It's something many are just going to ignore because they aren't willing to be talked down to. Tone is extremely important as well. Criticisms are not going to be useful to them unless constructive/respective.

Having a point is great. Having a point and displaying it in a manner that respects the actual user is equally important.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know how many of you follow Hyper Dragon Ball Z, but it's a fan game using Mugen's engine. They just released their trailer for Android 18.

StormC

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that 15 months ago, we saw this:

Before this we had nothing. No leaks, no knowledge of a Smash game yet, nothing. And since then we've had a lot of crazy stuff, including...

-Ridley
-Everyone Is Here, and we mean everyone
-Simon AND Richter Belmont
-King K. Rool
-Joker
-Dragon Quest
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Piranha Plant
-100+ stages
-900+ songs

I don't think we really appreciate how absurd this game is in all the best ways possible. This is the peak of Smash speculation insanity. This is why I want the last two fighters to not leak, so we can all embrace that craziness one last time.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It kind of makes sense, back in December Sakurai said he was already working on Joker, Hero, and Banjo and said nothing about 4 or 5, so it's possible that not enough work has gone into them for word to leak out about them yet. Now that the first is done and the other two closer to being done they're probably already shifting resources over to those last two, which may give more of an opportunity for us to get information about them.
Just because the fighters were already planned doesn't mean they had started development on them yet. I think we should take Sakurai's words at face value and assume the first three characters began in November at the earliest, and that the last two characters hadn't been touched yet.

On a similar note, I'd also like to point out that the rumor of Banjo being negotiated in April 2018 might explain why Verge heard of Minecraft content as early as May 2018. If Banjo was decided back then, then it'd make sense if Steve was negotiated around the same time. Granted, this is a rumor based off of another rumor. Take it as a grain of salt and then some.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
If anyone wanted to play my first Mario Maker course, the code is this: HVB-M2W-QXF

I hope you like it; whoever plays.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
remember when shroob revealed that he knew about WoL all along, and that there was a secret insider pm with frequent users of this thread? I remember
If there is ever any new info I would like to know. I wont blurt it out I just want to know something Nintendo should have revealed months ago.

Tired of speculation, particularly when people only seem to discuss the same 3-4 characters as the only possibilities.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Gonna do the unthinkable and actually share some personal life stuff here for once, though I have a reason. Last year around late summer/early autumn I had noticed my eye sight getting worse again (I've been having to wear glasses since grade 10 which was like...9-10 years ago now) so I got my eyes checked and was diagnosed with a disease known as Keratoconus. Short and simple explanation is that my cornea isn't a bowl shape like it's meant to be but rather a cone shape and it keeps going more and more cone-like. Makes it so things far away are blurry for me and glasses can't help since my vision keeps changing. Was told about a surgery that could be done that wouldn't improve my eyes but would stop them from getting worse (this disease can keep affecting ones eyes supposedly until ones 40s) but the surgery isn't covered by OHIP. I was signing up for as much overtime as possible after my fiancee was done visiting and I finally had enough money to book the date for the surgery today. The hospital that's gonna do the surgery ended up getting funding for the surgery so I don't even have to pay for it. Surgery date is August 28th and I gotta spend as little time as possible looking at screens for a week after it's done which brings up the main reason I'm even bringing this up.

staindgrey staindgrey if my AMA comes up through the random selection around late August to early September, I won't be able to participate due to my surgery. Any other time is fine and I don't really care when it happens but figured I'd inform you and I guess be a bit more open around here since I never am.
Noted. I hope your surgery is successful. Best of luck. :)

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If there is ever any new info I would like to know. I wont blurt it out I just want to know something Nintendo should have revealed months ago.

Tired of speculation, particularly when people only seem to discuss the same 3-4 characters as the only possibilities.
Oh, I'm not in the pm. I couldn't really tell you who to contact if you want to get in, its all very secretive. This was back in november anyways, it might not even exist anymore.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Just a reminder that 15 months ago, we saw this:

Before this we had nothing. No leaks, no knowledge of a Smash game yet, nothing. And since then we've had a lot of crazy stuff, including...

-Ridley
-Everyone Is Here, and we mean everyone
-Simon AND Richter Belmont
-King K. Rool
-Joker
-Dragon Quest
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Piranha Plant
-100+ stages
-900+ songs

I don't think we really appreciate how absurd this game is in all the best ways possible. This is the peak of Smash speculation insanity. This is why I want the last two fighters to not leak, so we can all embrace that craziness one last time.
I wouldn't say there was "no knowledge of a Smash game in development," I seem to remember there being a job listing for Smash Bros 6 or something sometime after Smash Wii U released.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright. I drew the next two AMA names for this week. Please let me know if you're available this week for your AMA:

@Zack E. and KarneraMythos KarneraMythos

Now I'm off to go make fun of Resident Evil: Degeneration on a hot mic. Hopefully this turns out well.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Just got back from a local convention, saw a bunch of cosplays of smash characters there. Here's a list of ones I saw personally:
:ultzelda:x2:ultzss::ultwario::ultsnake:x2:ultrobinf::ultpokemontrainer::ultbowser:(technically i think it was bowsette):ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpeach:x4:ultness::ultluigi::ultlink:x3 :ultisabelle::ultcloud::ultinklingboy::ultjoker:x3 (student uniform only)

Got to play smash with some random people, but I forgot to bring my own controller and had to use the venue's crappy transparent GameCube controllers that felt very clunky. I won some matches, but I do felt like I could have done better if I would brought my own controller as lame as that sounds. Speaking of controllers, there was a vendor that was these really cool gamecube controllers with custom paint jobs, they looked great but were crazy overpriced at 160$!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all I'm back. Went to the mall like every Saturday and then went to go see Child's Play. Surprisingly decent remake and I don't say that a lot for those. :)

On top of that was gonna wait until Christmas but given how much I've been paid this week at work figured I'd buy something which will put a smile on Noipoi's face.

The HTTYD trilogy set on Blu-Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom