• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey, that's not true! Iron Fist isn't really dour! It's just a ****ing travesty of wasting an actually really cool concept! That goes on. For 13 episodes.

(**** me, for wasting my nearly 10 hours of my life on that show).

At least Jessica Jones and Daredevil the tone makes sense and works really well. Hell, Punisher is surprisingly light hearted for who the Punisher should actually be (at least Season 1 was, I'm super behind on them in general).
I'm watching Runaways right now and even that show is bleak. It isn't even TV-MA :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm watching Runaways right now and even that show is bleak. It isn't even TV-MA :yoshi:
Runaways took a really cool concept and waited for a season to actually adapt the good parts. Doesn't help that it added unnecessary drama to an already dark storyline.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I didn’t know what the heck a Gwen Stacy was before this movie.

But yeah, she’s cool.
To be fair, she isn't as prominent as MJ, but for some reason, she is EXTREMELY popular, as she had her own set of comics outside of Spider-Woman. Gwenpool, for example, was supposedly a one-shot, but it was heavily requested to continue onwards. Heck, when she died originally, fans demanded that she returned in some way. Heck, Marvel even made a series about her as different super heros, which is where Gwenpool spun off from.

It's a mystery why she hasn't shown up more.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, I know.

Unrelated, but did you know that Gwen Stacy was always a better character than MJ, even before Spiderverse? Well, now you know!
Gwen Stacy straight up carried The Amazing Spiderman movies when little else worked (I don't hate Andrew Garfield as much as everyone else because I didn't grow up with Spiderman and don't have a ton of attachment, but I'm also able to recognize how he's completely his own sort of thing). Emma Stone nailed that role after I had watched the Raimi movies and been bored and frusrated by bland old MJ. Into the Spiderverse just further confirmed how much I preferred her to Mary Jane.

Ah, I haven't watched that one yet and usually forget about it. I guess since the MCU always focuses on staying more light hearted (Though Infinity War and Endgame were appropriately darker), they push the darker stuff to TV since it doesn't capture as wide of an audience. Also, everyone wants to be the next Dark Knight with their gritty and acclaimed superhero property.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Prince of Egypt still stands out IMO as the best DreamWorks movie the company has done.

Road to El Dorado, HTTYD films (Though IMO the second film was a step down) and Kung Fu Panda films follows too.
Yeah those are pretty good. Highkey tho, Shrek 1 and Shrek 2 are genuinely pretty good. 3's trash and 4's decent. I am surprised Antz was before El Dorado and Prince of Egypt. I really like those two films.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Someone didn’t watch all the credits
Yeah, Imma need a Spider-Man 2099 film A.S.A.P. Don't tease me like that. Miguel's the 2nd best Spider-Man after Peter Parker.

Yeah, I know.

Unrelated, but did you know that Gwen Stacy was always a better character than MJ, even before Spiderverse? Well, now you know!
I disagree. I feel MJ was a better character in the comics. Instead of getting yeeted off bridges, she beat a villain with a bat. And normally she's one of the more chill love interests for a superhero that isn't just another superhero.

Most adaptations though, kind of sandbag her or change her to be really different.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
These guys called Contraband do Jazz covers of games. On their twitter, they mentioned getting some stuff done recently, like on the 18th. So they might have more content coming out soon.

Their cover of the Jungle theme is fantastic.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
"Too many Spiders" is literally the MUA3 community's equivalent of "too many Swordies" and it's just as bogus there as it is here. I think that Gwen and Miles have just as many differences from Peter as similarities, and are an integral part of the roster's variety.

I was actually really down on Miles and especially Gwen when they were first introduced to the comics since I did think they were cheap and derivative, but they've absolutely won me over in the past few years.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Made a short but simple level in Mario maker, nothing amazing but feel free to check it out:

FYD M07 7VG

I just wanted to brainstorm and I got two great ideas out of this so I’ll be working on those

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, And I voted for they Daytona Car and Buck Bumble cause it's the right way to handle things.

"Too many Spiders" is literally the MUA3 community's equivalent of "too many Swordies" and it's just as bogus there as it is here. I think that Gwen and Miles have just as many differences from Peter as similarities, and are an integral part of the roster's variety.

I was actually really down on Miles and especially Gwen when they were first introduced to the comics since I did think they were cheap and derivative, but they've absolutely won me over in the past few years.
I like Spider-Verse Miles quite a bit, I hope his comic counterpart takes a bit of influence from him, he feels more like his own man. Gameplay wise, I'm not too worried about Miles since he has the Venom Shock and Invisibility. Otherwise, if we get more Spider-Men. Kaine and Miguel have different enough power-sets to make characters out of. Like Miguel's bladed arms and Poison Bite, on top of whatever future tech you wanna give him. Though I'd pick Cloak and Dagger, Punisher or Black Cat first if you want more Spider-Man characters.

I'm using Spider-Man, Venom, Storm and Psylocke as my main team. What about you?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
rychu_supadude rychu_supadude agreed, I can’t wait to play them all in the game.

Speaking of, who do you hope they bring in with the DLC? Here’s my guesses:
F4: The 4 plus Doctor Doom
Marvel Knights: Moon Knight, Shang-Chi, Cloak and Dagger, Punisher and maybe Black Bolt
X-Men: Gambit, Phoenix, Iceman, Quicksilver & Magik

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’ve never played any of the Ultimate Alliance games, so I’m trying to figure out if Ultimate Alliance 3 looks interesting or not. Seems like a pretty standard superhero button mash game. Which isn’t a bad thing, I used to love some of those in the past, but I also don’t know if its worth the investment. I do want a good Marvel game though...

Also, while I don’t feel the need to get in Pokemon. I just read Masuda’s statement, and uhhh... that seems like a textbook example of how to make a PR statement that doesn’t address anything or make anything better. It felt like such a non-statement that didn’t even need to be put out there. The people super pissed off aren’t just going to stop with because you acknowledged that people have been talking about it and are actually just going to get worse if anything. If this is all they were going to say, I feel like silence was straight up the better route lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, if Cyclops isn't base roster for MUA3, I'm betting he'll be DLC like he was in MUA1.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
DUDE I REMEMBER PLAYING THAT EXACT GAME!

Came with the hand-me-down GBA I was given back in the day.

That's the one where you just played as the horse and the goat, right?
Yep, that's the one. Levels were split into platforming segments with the goat and simple beat 'em up segments for the horse. It also still used a password-based checkpoint system as opposed to saves for some reason.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
@Opossum

What do you think of Black Cauldon? Depending on who you ask, it's either an underrated movie or one that deserved its initial reception, where do you think it falls on that spectrum?

Also, which of the ages do you consider the best for Disney? And which one's the worst?
Anything from the 30’s-90’s are my favorite eras of Disney movies and cartoons. I like very few 2000’s movies, though my favorite from that time period would be Lilo & Stitch.

I like the Black Cauldron because I like anything based in a fantasy setting.

D

Deleted member

So in the past I've hinted at knowing things about Smash that aren't public knowledge, let's say. I've been hearing something lately and I've finally been able to corroborate this with multiple people in the know, so I wanted to finally share it. Obviously, despite me believing this, remember to always take leaks with a grain of salt.

Okay so...leak time.

I have information that I very much believe is reliable. Won't reveal the sources obviously, but still, I personally have no reason to doubt any of them.

Basically, the Fighter Pass characters were decided long before a lot of people realize. Specifically, Banjo was negotiated back in April 2018, only a month after the original March Direct teaser trailer.

This info may seem to bare little of worth, but there are some takeaways here. This part is more speculative, but still. I think anyone believing that spirits aren't disconfirmations may be out of luck here, as I've suspected. If the pass was chosen that early, I don't see a case where those sorts of upgrades are possible. I also think this hits a SwSh Pokémon (barring a late addition a la Incineroar and Greninja) and new IPs like Astral Chain pretty hard.

Above all though, people should stop saying the DLC was decided in November lol.

So that's what I know. Figured I'd tell this thread since I imagine it's pretty relevant. :p
Ok so people who are smarter than me, how does this affect Doomguy? Asking for a friend.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the inner machinations of my mind are a mystery

but they look a little something like this

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So I FINALLY saw Spiderverse and...
If I said that movie didn't keep a smile on my face the entire time, I'd be lying. It was a great watch throughout, though I did wish the later 3 Spidermen got a bit more screentime.

Also, no 60s Spiderman, the heck?
I mean, we already had Spider-Ham for the comic relief, 60s Spidey wouldn't have added much..now if they adapted the Spider-Verse comic..than we'd have something for him to do. I also think they wanted to avoid a ton of Peter Parkers.
I guess they may do Supaida-Man for the next one though.
Do y'all think Into the Spider-Verse might make it in some way into the MCU given the whole multiverse thing?

Imagine Spider-Ham appearing in an future MCU Spider-Man in the same sense as Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Nope, absolutely not..at least not as long as Sony has a stranglehold on the Spider-Man property in regards to films..remember, Marvel has to license their own characters from Sony for the MCU in regards to the Spider-Man ones..

D

Deleted member

Not much. Just as likely as before. How likely exactly depends on how you feel. It just means that Miriam is the ultimate pipedream now and that spirits do indeed deconfirm
Just wanted to see what people thought lol.
But assuming what Opossum is saying is true, then Bethesda mentioned talking to Nintendo about Smash back in September, long after negotiations owuld have been wrapt up. Plus, Mick Gordon mentioned working on a Doom-related project back in January, around the same time Grant Kirkhope was contacted too. Very interdasting. Can't take it as much more than a rumour though.
Anyways relevant throwback thursday.
Just how much did you know Phil-san?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Apparently there's only 1 or 2 male options for gay options in FETH while the females have a possible 5.

Edelgard is the only one of the 3 representatives of the Houses who seems to have the ability to be romanced as the same sex.

Disappointed, but I can't say I'm surprised.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A Friend Like Me.

Hades

Lion King is overrated.
God. The thing I hate the most about Disney, is that, despite my intense hatred for the company and most of their properties, I can’t help but love one or two shows, and a scattering of songs.

https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...Racing-Nitro-Fueled-content-additions-updates

Details on the upcoming CTR NF update on July 3. Including but not limited to:
  • Fix for the save data corruption issue for PS4 players.
  • Grand Prix mode added with new tracks and stuff to unlock.
  • Free 2,500 Wumpa coins for everyone who connects online during July 4th weekend.
  • Other fixes and tweaks.
Well, that’s gonna help me unlock the last few pit stop characters. Nothing about making time trials easier though.... :confused:.

Still, this game is amazing and I can’t wait for all these Grand Prixs and all the new racers they bring. (Although I hope they’re not TOO much of a grind).

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
These guys called Contraband do Jazz covers of games. On their twitter, they mentioned getting some stuff done recently, like on the 18th. So they might have more content coming out soon.

Their cover of the Jungle theme is fantastic.
Damn, this is on the level of Insaneintherain!
(If you love jazz/video game music, I suggest you check him out too)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So in the past I've hinted at knowing things about Smash that aren't public knowledge, let's say. I've been hearing something lately and I've finally been able to corroborate this with multiple people in the know, so I wanted to finally share it. Obviously, despite me believing this, remember to always take leaks with a grain of salt.

Okay so...leak time.

I have information that I very much believe is reliable. Won't reveal the sources obviously, but still, I personally have no reason to doubt any of them.

Basically, the Fighter Pass characters were decided long before a lot of people realize. Specifically, Banjo was negotiated back in April 2018, only a month after the original March Direct teaser trailer.

This info may seem to bare little of worth, but there are some takeaways here. This part is more speculative, but still. I think anyone believing that spirits aren't disconfirmations may be out of luck here, as I've suspected. If the pass was chosen that early, I don't see a case where those sorts of upgrades are possible. I also think this hits a SwSh Pokémon (barring a late addition a la Incineroar and Greninja) and new IPs like Astral Chain pretty hard.

Above all though, people should stop saying the DLC was decided in November lol.

So that's what I know. Figured I'd tell this thread since I imagine it's pretty relevant. :p
Hmmm. If this is true.... it doesn’t effect my predictions one lick.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys! I moved recently from Greece to Le Locle Neuchatel Switzerland! I play since melee and competitively since sm4sh. Do you know if there is any nearby community where I could enjoy a few nice lan games? Thanks in advance!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yep, that's the one. Levels were split into platforming segments with the goat and simple beat 'em up segments for the horse. It also still used a password-based checkpoint system as opposed to saves for some reason.
Yeah, that was it.

I surprisingly played that game a lot. Maybe even moreso than something like Mario Advance 4 which was like the only real AAA GBA game I had.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Mario Maker sorta makes normal 2D mario games obsolete doesn't it? I can't imagine buying a new NSMB game with this available.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hello guys! I moved recently from Greece to Le Locle Neuchatel Switzerland! I play since melee and competitively since sm4sh. Do you know if there is any nearby community where I could enjoy a few nice lan games? Thanks in advance!
I'm pretty sure that there's a netplay community for both Melee and Smash 4 somewhere within this site. Your best bet is asking them if there's anyone neaby willing to do netplay.
Here's regional Zones that Smashboards has, so take your pick.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Apparently there's only 1 or 2 male options for gay options in FETH while the females have a possible 5.

Edelgard is the only one of the 3 representatives of the Houses who seems to have the ability to be romanced as the same sex.

Should have more options, but they should also have options that cannot be wooed by both sexes.
Like 3 bi, 3 non bi per gender.
9 total if done that way.

Since it is similar to that way in real life.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

That hasn't been confirmed yet, although it does come from what it is admittedly a pretty reliable leak (this was actually one of the things the leaker wasn't 100% sure about). As of right now we haven't actually seen any gay options.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
YES! After all these years, I’m finally all by myself!

Now my plan to spread Lycanroc art to the boards can commence without anyone stopping me!

2393784E-5072-4C82-81B2-803C39EE25E7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom