• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This is actually really hard to answer lol. I think two of them were literally just Moana and Ralph Breaks the Internet due to release order. It just took that long for me to finally see Bolt. :p

Bolt is a great movie.
Finally!

I've always loved Bolt. Very glad that you enjoyed it, even if it took you ages to watch it for the first time lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
He don't prod, he don't yell,
Still he drives them doggies well,
Which ain't easy when your chaps 'er labeled
X
X

X
X
L
YES

If yer lookin’ from a bovine point of view, I sure can-

Yodel adle eedle idle

Yodel adle eedle idle

YODEL ADLE EEDLE IDLE OOO

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's a fun fact: Before I became Pokemaniac, the first "real" game I beat was the Home on the Range GBA game.

Every other game I ever owned before that was a digital board game collection or educational game because that's all my mom ever bought me. (Well there was Namco Museum as well, but you don't "beat" that game).

I have a lot of nostalgia for that dumb tie-in game. More then I have for the actual movie it was based on.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I remember trying to watch Home on the Range as a kid. I was maybe like 7 or 8.

I fell asleep midway through the film and forgot everything about the movie except for the title, that it was about three cows, and that it had an evil cowboy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’ve seen it a couple times so I remember it good enough, but my strangest memory of it is when I was a kid. I was watching it with a stomach virus, so I was constantly barfing at the same time.
Oh yeah I remeber that movie now, yeah I still quite like that movie. Watched it with my dad, watched the whole thing and seeing how I have adhd, thats a big deal

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Opossum Opossum

Here's some more questions I've got, if you're up to answering them:

What are your thoughts on the Aristocats?

Which movies do you think are the most underrated, and which movies do you think are the most overrated (if any?).

And finally, here's an interesting one: given that Chicken Little is probably Disney's single most disliked animated film (that isn't a sequel), what are five things you would personally change about the movie with the intention of improving it?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's a fun fact: Before I became Pokemaniac, the first "real" game I beat was the Home on the Range GBA game.

Every other game I ever owned before that was a digital board game collection or educational game because that's all my mom ever bought me. (Well there was Namco Museum as well, but you don't "beat" that game).

I have a lot of nostalgia for that dumb tie-in game. More then I have for the actual movie it was based on.
DUDE I REMEMBER PLAYING THAT EXACT GAME!

Came with the hand-me-down GBA I was given back in the day.

That's the one where you just played as the horse and the goat, right?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I made a Mario Maker 2 level, supposed to be Minecraft Nether-themed.

If anyone would like to try it, here’s the ID:

TR6-H6C-6JF

If you can’t beat it with a fire flower, here’s a hint: hidden block.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think I can contribute to Disney talk much, so I'll just say the obvious: Tiana is underrated.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I FINALLY saw Spiderverse and...
If I said that movie didn't keep a smile on my face the entire time, I'd be lying. It was a great watch throughout, though I did wish the later 3 Spidermen got a bit more screentime.

Also, no 60s Spiderman, the heck?

Noipoi

Howdy!
If I said that movie didn't keep a smile on my face the entire time, I'd be lying. It was a great watch throughout, though I did wish the later 3 Spidermen got a bit more screentime.

Someone didn’t watch all the credits

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum

Here's some more questions I've got, if you're up to answering them:

What are your thoughts on the Aristocats?

Which movies do you think are the most underrated, and which movies do you think are the most overrated (if any?).

And finally, here's an interesting one: given that Chicken Little is probably Disney's single most disliked animated film (that isn't a sequel), what are five things you would personally change about the movie with the intention of improving it?
The Aristocrats is okay, though far from my favorite. It made a regular cracker dipped in milk seem like the most gourmet thing ever which stuck with me more than the rest of the movie. Everybody Wants to Be a Cat is great so long as you remove literally everything about the Siamese cat.

Underrated goes to either Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Saludos Amigos, or Bolt.

Overrated would go to, and people are gonna be mad at this, either Lady and the Tramp or Big Hero 6.

1. Make Buck Cluck an actually likable, or at least REDEEMABLE, character. He's basically emotionally abusive to his son the whole film and the ending really doesn't make up for it, making it fall flat.

2. Traditional animation. It's abundantly clear by looking at the film that they weren't ready for the jump, and as a result, the film aged like milk visually.

3. Cut down on it trying and failing to be a DreamWorks film. The random pop culture references, mean-spirited humor, and aspects that instantly date it (the scene where the gym teacher leaves and every student pulls out a flip phone to call, not even text, their friends dated the movie before it even came out) should all go.

4. Develop the aliens more. They effectively drove the plot but are barely in the movie.

5. Just...straight up remove the scene with Foxy and Runt at the end. Because god damn is it ****ed up with its implication of "it's okay that she's literally brainwashed so long as she THINKS she's attracted to me" and all that.

Those are just the major things.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A

Holland-Man was supposed to cameo in Spiderverse. I wonder how much the theatres would've flipped at that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Holland-Man was supposed to cameo in Spiderverse. I wonder how much the theatres would've flipped at that.
O'm still waiting for the day where they make a Spiderman movie where Maguire, Garfield, and Holland all interact in some way. Like a little bump when walking down a city, or they just look at each other for a bit and then go their seperate ways.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do y'all think Into the Spider-Verse might make it in some way into the MCU given the whole multiverse thing?

Imagine Spider-Ham appearing in an future MCU Spider-Man in the same sense as Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Do y'all think Into the Spider-Verse might make it in some way into the MCU given the whole multiverse thing?

Imagine Spider-Ham appearing in an future MCU Spider-Man in the same sense as Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
No. One of the biggest Pros of Spiderverse was how well the animation was. Putting them into the real world will detract from that.

Now, I have no doubts that Miles and Gwen will be introduced in some way to the MCU.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I thought of the idea for WoL to be extended a bit sometime in the future, and I decided for fun that I wanted to create two new mini-maps for WoL using whoever/whatever hasn’t been turned into a spirit yet (depending on if I can think of enough potential spirits, if anyone has ideas please let me know) as well as them providing more rewards like new music, Mii costumes, etc. I decided for these maps to have the gimmick of three branching paths that you’re committed to once you pick a path and will warp you back to pick another upon completion. One map will be light and the spirits at the beginning of each path are the Galar starters from Sword and Shield, the other map will be dark and the spirits at the beginning will be the house leaders from Three Houses

-Double Cherry (Super Mario Series) Music Reward-Double Cherry Pass ~ Super Mario 3D World
-Oboro (Fire Emblem Series) Music Reward-Alight (Storm) ~ Fire Emblem Fates
-Wisp (Sonic Series) Music Reward-Planet Wisp
-Fuse Man (Mega Man Series) Music Reward-Fuse Man’s Theme ~ Mega Man 11
-Dig Dug (Dig Dug Series)
-Mappy (Mappy Series)
-Koloktos (The Legend of Zelda Series) Music Reward-Koloktos ~ The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
-Quadraxis (Metroid Series) Music Reward-Quadraxis ~ Metroid Prime
-Duma (Fire Emblem Series) Music Reward-Twilight of the Gods ~ Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
-Chaos Kin (Kid Icarus Series) Boss Battle 2 ~ Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Dickson (Xenoblade Chronicles Series)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Opossum Opossum

What do you think of Black Cauldon? Depending on who you ask, it's either an underrated movie or one that deserved its initial reception, where do you think it falls on that spectrum?

Also, which of the ages do you consider the best for Disney? And which one's the worst?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum

What do you think of Black Cauldon? Depending on who you ask, it's either an underrated movie or one that deserved its initial reception, where do you think it falls on that spectrum?

Also, which of the ages do you consider the best for Disney? And which one's the worst?
The Horned King was neat and Eilonwy has a great design. Not huge on the movie itself, but I don't dislike it either. It's decidedly average.

Objectively I'd say the Golden Age was the best due to having a perfect run. Literally all five films were wonderful. Going more personally, I'd say the Renaissance.

Least favorite would probably be the Disney Bronze Age. There are still films I really like there, but not as high of a proportion.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm a bit late on this, but that's what I get for sleeping all day.

So in the past I've hinted at knowing things about Smash that aren't public knowledge, let's say. I've been hearing something lately and I've finally been able to corroborate this with multiple people in the know, so I wanted to finally share it. Obviously, despite me believing this, remember to always take leaks with a grain of salt.

Okay so...leak time.

I have information that I very much believe is reliable. Won't reveal the sources obviously, but still, I personally have no reason to doubt any of them.

Basically, the Fighter Pass characters were decided long before a lot of people realize. Specifically, Banjo was negotiated back in April 2018, only a month after the original March Direct teaser trailer.

This info may seem to bare little of worth, but there are some takeaways here. This part is more speculative, but still. I think anyone believing that spirits aren't disconfirmations may be out of luck here, as I've suspected. If the pass was chosen that early, I don't see a case where those sorts of upgrades are possible. I also think this hits a SwSh Pokémon (barring a late addition a la Incineroar and Greninja) and new IPs like Astral Chain pretty hard.

Above all though, people should stop saying the DLC was decided in November lol.

So that's what I know. Figured I'd tell this thread since I imagine it's pretty relevant. :p
Thanks for the info! This confirms (if true) what I suspected when Banjo & Kazooie were finally revealed--Verge did probably know about Microsoft's involvement back in April, which gave us a timeframe for when they were involved in, at the very least, talks. It was Verge's rumors of Minecraft content that made me think Banjo & Kazooie were a possibility--given he said content, rather than specify the character, I immediately thought Banjo & Kazooie--but I knew I was biased, given it's been my dream character for over a decade, so I waited for more information to clarify. I doubted that timeframe somewhat, though, because the DLC fighters were announced as finished in November. But I also thought that's when the i's were dotted and t's were crossed, it takes a long time to make these deals, and this lends credence to that. This also reaffirms that Minecraft content is likely, possibly a Mii costume.

Also, in terms of that 4chan post...

lol

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why do all the non-ABC MCU shows have to be dour as ****?!!! :yoshi:
Hey, that's not true! Iron Fist isn't really dour! It's just a ****ing travesty of wasting an actually really cool concept! That goes on. For 13 episodes.

(**** me, for wasting my nearly 10 hours of my life on that show).

At least Jessica Jones and Daredevil the tone makes sense and works really well. Hell, Punisher is surprisingly light hearted for who the Punisher should actually be (at least Season 1 was, I'm super behind on them in general).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom