• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
SmashBoards Light still looks out of place to me. It's like using a negative filter on a camera, but it does bring out the outline of the stock icons. Why did I switch to this?

It'd be interesting if any of them represented a different variation of the fighting style, but I can see most of them being based on their gimmicks from the games themselves, which makes a lot more sense. But if their normals were using a different kind of Boxing that'd be nice.
That's definitely something Sakurai would do, but I wonder if they would ever reach Ken or Little Mac levels of polarizing in terms of advantage and disadvantage with their abilities. Jeez, Mac is a sad case in this game, even more than Smash 4 left him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Krysco Krysco Hope things go well for you.

I also gotta figure out more designs for my Pokemon hack. I only got one Starter clearly down for their line(Big Mouth > Hippocrit > Gatorraid). The rest aren't as easy because I gotta figure out the simple details and keep it in-theme. Were Hare is a regular rabbit on hind legs wearing a druidic cloak. So updating it to Mysticony and then Anderabbi(being a holy druid line) is a simple idea, but it doesn't mean it's super easy to sprite out. Some are easier than others. Though I don't think I'l have too much trouble with Hell Hound > Ghosthound > Desohound nearly as much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I give you the next big challenge.

DreamWorks Animation. Begins with Antz and currently with HTTYD:THW. 37 currently as we speak.
Wait didn't The Prince of Egypt and Road to El Dorado come out before Antz or am I misremembering?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wait didn't The Prince of Egypt and Road to El Dorado come out before Antz or am I misremembering?
Antz came out first. Tho, PoE was supposed to, iirc.

It was rushed to beat A Bug's Life to theaters due to that film releasing so close to Prince of Egypt

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Prince of Egypt still stands out IMO as the best DreamWorks movie the company has done.

Road to El Dorado, HTTYD films (Though IMO the second film was a step down) and Kung Fu Panda films follows too.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So on the topic of Disney and DreamWorks. Between their next upcoming film.

Frozen 2 vs. Abominable.

Pick one.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Gonna do the unthinkable and actually share some personal life stuff here for once, though I have a reason. Last year around late summer/early autumn I had noticed my eye sight getting worse again (I've been having to wear glasses since grade 10 which was like...9-10 years ago now) so I got my eyes checked and was diagnosed with a disease known as Keratoconus. Short and simple explanation is that my cornea isn't a bowl shape like it's meant to be but rather a cone shape and it keeps going more and more cone-like. Makes it so things far away are blurry for me and glasses can't help since my vision keeps changing. Was told about a surgery that could be done that wouldn't improve my eyes but would stop them from getting worse (this disease can keep affecting ones eyes supposedly until ones 40s) but the surgery isn't covered by OHIP. I was signing up for as much overtime as possible after my fiancee was done visiting and I finally had enough money to book the date for the surgery today. The hospital that's gonna do the surgery ended up getting funding for the surgery so I don't even have to pay for it. Surgery date is August 28th and I gotta spend as little time as possible looking at screens for a week after it's done which brings up the main reason I'm even bringing this up.

staindgrey staindgrey if my AMA comes up through the random selection around late August to early September, I won't be able to participate due to my surgery. Any other time is fine and I don't really care when it happens but figured I'd inform you and I guess be a bit more open around here since I never am.

Anyway, as for Smash speculation, I'm still back on posts from Sunday and I gotta say, I'm rather surprised there's been no mention of the Dragonborn from Skyrim. Incredibly popular game, easy enough to come up with a moveset, third party if that matters at all. A stage would be easy to come up with due to the huge world Skyrim has, not sure about spirits since I'm not sure how much official artwork Skyrim has for characters. Music might be difficult without a lot of remixes. And then there's the issue of Bethesda being a Western company without strong ties to Nintendo like those that made :ultbanjokazooie::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultdarksamus:. Plus I can see people going 'ugh, another humanoid swordsman' despite the access to maces, axes, 2 handed weapons, archery, magic and shouts. I'm sure the idea would be brought up more if CaptainAmerica still posted here.
That's really weird that it isn't covered by OHIP, I had strabismus surgery 2 years ago and I thought it wouldn't be covered because it wouldn't make my eyesight better, but it ended up being fully covered.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So on the topic of Disney and DreamWorks. Between their next upcoming film.

Frozen 2 vs. Abominable.

Pick one.
ngl, as someone who wasn't really that big of a fan of the first one, I'm actually pretty intrigued by Frozen 2, and it looks pretty promising. So... I'll pick that

Abominable seems a little too run-of-the-mill for me, idk. Though I do love how the animation has a nice Chinese flair, which makes sense since it was developed by a studio there.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Abominable seems a little too run-of-the-mill for me, idk. Though I do love how the animation has a nice Chinese flair, which makes sense since it was developed by a studio there.
I get ya. I've seen that kind of plot before too with the whole having to help bring friendly creature back to its home/family. Though I will admit it is visually and stunningly beautiful.

Whether I might go see it in theaters or wait until NetFlix I'm perfectly not sure tbh...

Who knows maybe it might pull an HTTYD that had the whole befriending the seemingly dangerous creature but was executed well. There's always that surprise. Guess we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That's really weird that it isn't covered by OHIP, I had strabismus surgery 2 years ago and I thought it wouldn't be covered because it wouldn't make my eyesight better, but it ended up being fully covered.
From what I recall being told, it's currently considered a cosmetic surgery so it's not covered. They (the hospital or whoever is involved with the health stuff) have been fighting to try and get it covered but for now, it's either getting lucky with them getting funds or paying out of pocket.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nope. After.

A Friend Like Me.

Hades

Lion King is overrated.
God. The thing I hate the most about Disney, is that, despite my intense hatred for the company and most of their properties, I can’t help but love one or two shows, and a scattering of songs.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Very yes. Definitely in my top fifteen.

I actually had to think about this one quite a bit lol. I'll give honorable mentions too.

Golden: Pinocchio, HM: Bambi
Wartime: The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, HM: Saludos Amigos
Silver: The Jungle Book, HM: Peter Pan
Bronze*: The Great Mouse Detective, HM: The Fox and the Hound
Renaissance: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, HM: Beauty and the Beast
Post-Renaissance: Atlantis: The Lost Empire, HM: Lilo & Stitch
Revival: Wreck-It Ralph, HM: Tangled

*I excluded The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh due to some of the segments airing while Walt was still alive.
Where does The Little Mermaid rank for you? I watched it recently and realized that I had never seen it from start to finish. I think it's absolutely amazing in every way.

Also, where would you rank these (they're my favourites that you haven't already mentioned haha)?
Alice in Wonderland
Frozen
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Little Mermaid has a terrible moral.

Go run away and marry a guy you barely even know and actually getting away with it in the end. Great role model for little girls y'all! ;P

BTW don't take this post seriously.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’m not makin one. I’m just comin up with dumb stuff I would put on a tinder profile.
ooh lol whoops
All time favorite Disney song?
All time favorite Disney character?
What's a controversial or unpopular opinions do you hold about certain Disney movies?
Make a man out of you

Mula...no wait Princess Tian...a... no wait Prince Naveen... no.. Lilo.. um.. All four of them

Little mermaid was not a good movie

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's a controversial or unpopular opinions do you hold about certain Disney movies?
DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE

Friend like me, Be prepared, Under the Sea, Circle of Life, You’re Welcome, Shiny, I’ve got a dream, Life’s a happy song, Be Our Guest, Friends on the other side, Dig a little deeper, there’s too many I love!

Stitch, no contest. Love that little bugger. With Lilo close behind.

Hellfire is not the best villain song. It’s good, but Be Prepared and Friends on the other side are right there.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why does Yzma even have that lever?

In all seriousness, which are the three movies you've most recently watched for the first time?
This is actually really hard to answer lol. I think two of them were literally just Moana and Ralph Breaks the Internet due to release order. It just took that long for me to finally see Bolt. :p
Where does The Little Mermaid rank for you? I watched it recently and realized that I had never seen it from start to finish. I think it's absolutely amazing in every way.

Also, where would you rank these (they're my favourites that you haven't already mentioned haha)?
Alice in Wonderland
Frozen
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Honestly I love The Little Mermaid. Recently it's gotten a bit more controversial compared to the other three in the prime Renaissance quartet, but I love it nonetheless. Great villain, great music, Ariel is adorable, Sebastian is the best neurotic crab conductor I could hope for, and it's just gorgeous to look at. If I had to rank it, 22, which is still really high for me lol.

16, 10, 21 for the others.
Oh geez here come the hard ones.

Bells of Notre Dame
Quasimodo
And HOOOOOOOOOO BOY do I have a few of these.

Despite Chicken Little being a bad movie, Fish Out of Water is a great character.
Cinderella gets way too much flack for "needing a man to save her" when she lived through years of horrific abuse and only went to the ball to have a single night off. Charming was a bonus.
One Hundred and One Dalmatians would have been much better with more focus on the human characters.
Ralph Breaks the Internet, while it has very big problems, isn't a terrible movie, and its message was good, even if it didn't work in the WIR universe specifically. Also the people who complained about real websites being shown but wanted to see the first film because Sonic was in it need to reexamine themselves lol.
Frozen is way too over-hated.
Fun and Fancy Free is by far the worst of the Wartime films.
Big Hero 6 wasn't as good as it could've been. The villain sucked.
Bolt is a great movie.
Dinosaur is the hardest of the films to watch just due to how boring it is.
The Wind in the Willows > The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, though both are good.
Despite being a terrible movie, Home on the Range had a fantastic villain song.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Made my first ever Mario Maker 2 level today..."Vine Venture". I hope people like it.

If any of you all want the code, just lemme know.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh yeah, Little Mermaid. Lol

The only good thing about that movie that I liked was Under Da Sea.
the best part about little Mermaid is it made the KH2 meme" Finny fun"

also Little mermaid worlds suck in both KH1 and 2 and She got demoted to support in 3 and thank god her world didnt come back

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Friend Like Me
Probably Nick Wilde. Honorable mentions to Genie and Tigger
Meet the Robinsons is a charming and massively underrated film in the Disney catalogue. Sure, it ain't perfect, the third act was pretty rushed, and a lot of the characters weren't quite as developed as they should've been. But it had a whole lot of heart, pretty good message, nice animation, and Bowler Hat Guy might just be one of the most underappreciated Disney villains. Okay, there's likely a bit of bias here, because this film was pretty much my childhood, but still.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Man I have got to stop going to bed close to midnight

Night y’all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom