• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
so has this been discussed yet?

music packs individually? seems too good to be true...

also, Sora Mii costume? Wouldn't they need to talk to Disney for that? Disney is a whole nother beast from Microsoft...
isnt Sora SE

And Lol Music dlc

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So in the past I've hinted at knowing things about Smash that aren't public knowledge, let's say. I've been hearing something lately and I've finally been able to corroborate this with multiple people in the know, so I wanted to finally share it. Obviously, despite me believing this, remember to always take leaks with a grain of salt.

Okay so...leak time.

I have information that I very much believe is reliable. Won't reveal the sources obviously, but still, I personally have no reason to doubt any of them.

Basically, the Fighter Pass characters were decided long before a lot of people realize. Specifically, Banjo was negotiated back in April 2018, only a month after the original March Direct teaser trailer.

This info may seem to bare little of worth, but there are some takeaways here. This part is more speculative, but still. I think anyone believing that spirits aren't disconfirmations may be out of luck here, as I've suspected. If the pass was chosen that early, I don't see a case where those sorts of upgrades are possible. I also think this hits a SwSh Pokémon (barring a late addition a la Incineroar and Greninja) and new IPs like Astral Chain pretty hard.

Above all though, people should stop saying the DLC was decided in November lol.

So that's what I know. Figured I'd tell this thread since I imagine it's pretty relevant. :p

Whoa dude I told you not to divulge my stash

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

also, Sora Mii costume? Wouldn't they need to talk to Disney for that? Disney is a whole nother beast from Microsoft...
I wish. Lol but that honestly sounds like a dream from a dream.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If punch out got a second character it SHOULD be King Hippo. Although I guess any number of boxers from the series could be Echoes.

Yeah. I’m calling bull **** on this one.
In fairness there are a lot of viable options for a second Punch-Out!! character. Doc Louis, Glass Joe, King Hippo, Bald Bull, and Mr. Sandman are all valid options.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing paladins
>kid turns toxic and spams need healing
>our healer quits and camps in spawn
GET RID OF THAT VOICE COMMAND.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey guys just want to let you all know I'm doing much better now. Don't worry about me. Despite the troubles I'm going through I will pull through in the end as Rocky Balboa had taught me. :)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

The best thing about this leak is that we'll know if it's true or not in 3 days.

And if it is true then... Happy Canada Day!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

BOY do I hope this is true simply due to the Final Fantasy tracks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have now officially seen all 57 films in the Walt Disney Animation Studios animated canon. AMA. :p

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Gonna do the unthinkable and actually share some personal life stuff here for once, though I have a reason. Last year around late summer/early autumn I had noticed my eye sight getting worse again (I've been having to wear glasses since grade 10 which was like...9-10 years ago now) so I got my eyes checked and was diagnosed with a disease known as Keratoconus. Short and simple explanation is that my cornea isn't a bowl shape like it's meant to be but rather a cone shape and it keeps going more and more cone-like. Makes it so things far away are blurry for me and glasses can't help since my vision keeps changing. Was told about a surgery that could be done that wouldn't improve my eyes but would stop them from getting worse (this disease can keep affecting ones eyes supposedly until ones 40s) but the surgery isn't covered by OHIP. I was signing up for as much overtime as possible after my fiancee was done visiting and I finally had enough money to book the date for the surgery today. The hospital that's gonna do the surgery ended up getting funding for the surgery so I don't even have to pay for it. Surgery date is August 28th and I gotta spend as little time as possible looking at screens for a week after it's done which brings up the main reason I'm even bringing this up.

staindgrey staindgrey if my AMA comes up through the random selection around late August to early September, I won't be able to participate due to my surgery. Any other time is fine and I don't really care when it happens but figured I'd inform you and I guess be a bit more open around here since I never am.

Anyway, as for Smash speculation, I'm still back on posts from Sunday and I gotta say, I'm rather surprised there's been no mention of the Dragonborn from Skyrim. Incredibly popular game, easy enough to come up with a moveset, third party if that matters at all. A stage would be easy to come up with due to the huge world Skyrim has, not sure about spirits since I'm not sure how much official artwork Skyrim has for characters. Music might be difficult without a lot of remixes. And then there's the issue of Bethesda being a Western company without strong ties to Nintendo like those that made :ultbanjokazooie::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultdarksamus:. Plus I can see people going 'ugh, another humanoid swordsman' despite the access to maces, axes, 2 handed weapons, archery, magic and shouts. I'm sure the idea would be brought up more if CaptainAmerica still posted here.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have now officially seen all 57 films in the Walt Disney Animation Studios animated canon. AMA. :p
If a tree falls in a forest but nobody hears it, does Sigurd still goes to the BBQ?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Canada gave me Total Drama.

God bless you, Canada.
As a Survivor nut and then teen around the time that show was at its peak (first three seasons) I have fond memories of it. Of course the gameplay the first season is atrocious by reality TV standards and a lot of the gross out was rather unnecessary (albeit fits the theme of the setting).

Also unless I was in coma this weekend it's not July 1st yet.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m not sure that I buy Lloyd being revealed as Mii Costume randomly with all of those other Square Enix properties.

Like I could see it on the grounds of “JRPG characters”, but I really don’t know that I believe that.

Although, the idea of more Final Fantasy music would be amazing.

We’ll see, but considering it’s 4chan i’m going to be skeptical.

Mario Maker 2 is awesome, by the way. I’m not all that creative, but some of these levels are super cool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If a tree falls in a forest but nobody hears it, does Sigurd still goes to the BBQ?
Belhalla is inevitable.

Oh, impressive. Which was the last one you had to watch?
Bolt, actually. I kept putting it off since I assumed it would be mediocre (no one ever talked about it) but I actually really liked it and cried like twice. So that's neat. Kind of a hidden gem.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
BTW, when were Spirits even decided on? (Granted if this is public knowledge).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So in the past I've hinted at knowing things about Smash that aren't public knowledge, let's say. I've been hearing something lately and I've finally been able to corroborate this with multiple people in the know, so I wanted to finally share it. Obviously, despite me believing this, remember to always take leaks with a grain of salt.

Okay so...leak time.

I have information that I very much believe is reliable. Won't reveal the sources obviously, but still, I personally have no reason to doubt any of them.

Basically, the Fighter Pass characters were decided long before a lot of people realize. Specifically, Banjo was negotiated back in April 2018, only a month after the original March Direct teaser trailer.

This info may seem to bare little of worth, but there are some takeaways here. This part is more speculative, but still. I think anyone believing that spirits aren't disconfirmations may be out of luck here, as I've suspected. If the pass was chosen that early, I don't see a case where those sorts of upgrades are possible. I also think this hits a SwSh Pokémon (barring a late addition a la Incineroar and Greninja) and new IPs like Astral Chain pretty hard.

Above all though, people should stop saying the DLC was decided in November lol.

So that's what I know. Figured I'd tell this thread since I imagine it's pretty relevant. :p
At the very least, I think SwSh are still in the running. Even if we assume the worst case scenario of the DLC being completely decided by late spring 2018, that's still pretty close to the gap between Greninja and Smash 4's release date, give or take a few months. Just depends on whether or not Sakurai was willing to put a placeholder up, because I highly doubt he'd have settled on a Pokémon in April or May 2018.

And for those of you who assume a Gen 8 Pokémon is a lock for a second Fighter Pass, keep in mind that we have little to no reason to assume we're getting anything else after this DLC. If you want to see a Gen 8 Pokémon in Smash, I'd recommend rooting for one getting in this pass.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What's your favorite film of each individual era (Golden, Wartime, Silver, Bronze, Renaissance, Post-Renaissance, Revival)?

I'm pretty sure you're a fellow Disney buff, so I believe you know the gist of what I'm talking about. If not, my apologies

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
BTW, when were Spirits even decided on? (Granted if this is public knowledge).
We don't know when they were decided upon, but a user in here translated his recent book and this was one of the notes:

- The idea of the Spirits is kind of the last resort. He is not sure he'll be making another gameplay like the Spirits. (p211)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In fairness there are a lot of viable options for a second Punch-Out!! character. Doc Louis, Glass Joe, King Hippo, Bald Bull, and Mr. Sandman are all valid options.
It'd be interesting if any of them represented a different variation of the fighting style, but I can see most of them being based on their gimmicks from the games themselves, which makes a lot more sense. But if their normals were using a different kind of Boxing that'd be nice.

Gonna do the unthinkable and actually share some personal life stuff here for once, though I have a reason. Last year around late summer/early autumn I had noticed my eye sight getting worse again (I've been having to wear glasses since grade 10 which was like...9-10 years ago now) so I got my eyes checked and was diagnosed with a disease known as Keratoconus. Short and simple explanation is that my cornea isn't a bowl shape like it's meant to be but rather a cone shape and it keeps going more and more cone-like. Makes it so things far away are blurry for me and glasses can't help since my vision keeps changing. Was told about a surgery that could be done that wouldn't improve my eyes but would stop them from getting worse (this disease can keep affecting ones eyes supposedly until ones 40s) but the surgery isn't covered by OHIP. I was signing up for as much overtime as possible after my fiancee was done visiting and I finally had enough money to book the date for the surgery today. The hospital that's gonna do the surgery ended up getting funding for the surgery so I don't even have to pay for it. Surgery date is August 28th and I gotta spend as little time as possible looking at screens for a week after it's done which brings up the main reason I'm even bringing this up.

staindgrey staindgrey if my AMA comes up through the random selection around late August to early September, I won't be able to participate due to my surgery. Any other time is fine and I don't really care when it happens but figured I'd inform you and I guess be a bit more open around here since I never am.

Anyway, as for Smash speculation, I'm still back on posts from Sunday and I gotta say, I'm rather surprised there's been no mention of the Dragonborn from Skyrim. Incredibly popular game, easy enough to come up with a moveset, third party if that matters at all. A stage would be easy to come up with due to the huge world Skyrim has, not sure about spirits since I'm not sure how much official artwork Skyrim has for characters. Music might be difficult without a lot of remixes. And then there's the issue of Bethesda being a Western company without strong ties to Nintendo like those that made :ultbanjokazooie::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultdarksamus:. Plus I can see people going 'ugh, another humanoid swordsman' despite the access to maces, axes, 2 handed weapons, archery, magic and shouts. I'm sure the idea would be brought up more if CaptainAmerica still posted here.
Damn, well I hope your surgery goes well.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We don't know when they were decided upon, but a user in here translated his recent book and this was one of the notes:
Don't even know what "last resort" is supposed to mean or if it's lost in translation. Because i'm reading that as "last-minute addition".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I think they’re definitely on the table. It’s just that, as far as Bethesda goes, FAR more people want DoomSlayer. If we get a second pack, then I’m almost certain one will be a Bethesda Character.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Good luck mate

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sitting here at the computer with a veggie burger I brought home from one of my local restaurants. Goes to show there's nothing for me to talk about...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lilo and Stitch

Yes or very yes?
Very yes. Definitely in my top fifteen.
What's your favorite film of each individual era (Golden, Wartime, Silver, Bronze, Renaissance, Post-Renaissance, Revival)?

I'm pretty sure you're a fellow Disney buff, so I believe you know the gist of what I'm talking about. If not, my apologies
I actually had to think about this one quite a bit lol. I'll give honorable mentions too.

Golden: Pinocchio, HM: Bambi
Wartime: The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, HM: Saludos Amigos
Silver: The Jungle Book, HM: Peter Pan
Bronze*: The Great Mouse Detective, HM: The Fox and the Hound
Renaissance: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, HM: Beauty and the Beast
Post-Renaissance: Atlantis: The Lost Empire, HM: Lilo & Stitch
Revival: Wreck-It Ralph, HM: Tangled

*I excluded The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh due to some of the segments airing while Walt was still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom