• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Here's a game that Will Will just inspired the idea for with his ninja boys picture. For some reason.

You get to create a fighting game with a roster of 16 characters. Here's the kicker: They all have to be playable characters from fighting game franchises and you're allowed no more than 3 per franchise. The 16th character, however, can be a guest character not from a fighting game franchise.

Show me your rosters.

And give your games a kick*** title.
Fulgore
Glacius
Scorpion
Shao Kahn
Nightmare
Sophitia
Jimmy Lee
Billy Lee
Ryu
Akuma
Morrigan Aensland
Anubis(War Gods)
Suzaku(Flying Dragon)
Master Hand
Shaq (Shaq Fu)
Brian (Quest 64)

Name of the Game; Fighters: Legend of the Dragon

I forgot about Fatal Fury, but to be honest, I like the roster as it is. Mind you, these are games I got into and/or decently played.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Listen, you can't just get a genre and add "Smash" to the front of it and expect some discussion out of it.
SMH it wasn't even called Smash Kart.

Though it we ever did get a huge Kart crossover, it'd need it's own name. But as far as I know, no one here's a marketing expert so......

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well I'm going to bed y'all. Chat more tomorrow whenever I come on. Summer's here so want to try being outside as much as I can.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
SMH it wasn't even called Smash Kart.

Though it we ever did get a huge Kart crossover, it'd need it's own name. But as far as I know, no one here's a marketing expert so......
Neither is Nintendo apparently

Stares at Wii U and "New" 3DS/2DS

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here's a game that Will Will just inspired the idea for with his ninja boys picture. For some reason.

You get to create a fighting game with a roster of 16 characters. Here's the kicker: They all have to be playable characters from fighting game franchises and you're allowed no more than 3 per franchise. The 16th character, however, can be a guest character not from a fighting game franchise.

Show me your rosters.

Blazing Edge: King of the Ring

Ryu (Street Fighter)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Raiden (Mortal Kombat)
Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury)
Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Riptor (Killer Instinct)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
Ragna the Bloodedge (Blazblue)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Guest Fighter: Spider-Man

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Anyone heard of this Project Battle thing?

It's this unfinished card game Capcom is working on for presumably mobile devices

I'm kinda looking forward to it

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyone heard of this Project Battle thing?

It's this unfinished card game Capcom is working on for presumably mobile devices

I'm kinda looking forward to it
Have zero interest in card games much less real time ones, but the art for that game is beautiful.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Best Ace Attorney Investigations 2. What a fantastic game, honesty my second favorite entry of the whole series. From start to finish it’s a roller coaster. Now for some spoilers:
The last two cases are insane. They feel like plots to entire games and the second to last one could have easily worked as a finale. They had a smart and cunning bad guy with debliase who has a reasonably high standing in the legal system. He knew how to cover his tracks well enough too.

But then the next case happens and things start quietly but then escalate into a crazier story as you see how the past cases align here.

But when it gets to the orphanage section. Damn was that ****ed up. Gustavia left his kid and his rivals kud to die in a frozen car. That’s pretty evil. Then the orphanage they were taken to was corrupt. Doghan finding the kids was crazy but a pretty cool story element and I liked his bond he had formed with Simon. Simon in turn allowed doghan to escape with his life which ultimately made simons hell as he was a witness to two murders and a huge conspiracy. That’s pretty sad, it was all written so well though.

The reveal that the body doubles they mentioned actually had a story purpose was crazy. I feel pretty bad for John and Courtney for losing the president and Johns dad.

Simon being the mastermind because of all the torture he suffered was a depressing story but I loved him as a bad guy. He wasn’t wrong but went about things in the wrong way. It’s still honestly deserved what he did though. His memory was so screwed up that he went insane and made sure his friend died. His only one at that. There isn’t really a big bad in the AA storylines that you can sympathize with. So this was such a good twist.

Shelley de killer walking to kill Simon to be stopped by doghan was kind of a touching moment. Every character had great moments and conclusions to theeir arcs.

Sebastian was annoying early on but his development in the last case made him a great character. The them being about choosing weather or not you should follow in your fathers footsteps or legacy was so good. There was a lot of thought put into this game. It sucks that it never got localized.

The only weird thing was how the hell did de killer get past all the police twice to infiltrate the circus?

Regardless he’s a pretty damn great villain for how good he is at his job.

After playing this game, I want a court based spinoff where shields, Edgeworth and more go against each other in court and as the prosecution you need to produce the right evidence to prove the real culprits identity in a trial. It be tough to pull off but could be fun.

Ray was great as a character and it was a sweet moment to see he reports to a picture of Gregory Edgeworth at the end of his day. The story is so good. I’d love to see these characters show up in the main ace attorney games. If we got a game that focused on the takedown of de killer and how Edgeworth become chief prosecutor, they could do a lot there. It probably won’t happen though.

Also gumshoe got to be a pretty big help the whole game and got that salary raise finally which such a good moment. This game was just fantastic.

Longer then I expected but this game is amazing. The story is beautiful and the setup in each case as you long back is done so well. If you haven’t played and like the series, you really should. I wish it had gotten localized, it deserves to be played more

Shroob

Sup?
Best Ace Attorney Investigations 2. What a fantastic game, honesty my second favorite entry of the whole series. From start to finish it’s a roller coaster. Now for some spoilers:
The last two cases are insane. They feel like plots to entire games and the second to last one could have easily worked as a finale. They had a smart and cunning bad guy with debliase who has a reasonably high standing in the legal system. He knew how to cover his tracks well enough too.

But then the next case happens and things start quietly but then escalate into a crazier story as you see how the past cases align here.

But when it gets to the orphanage section. Damn was that ****ed up. Gustavia left his kid and his rivals kud to die in a frozen car. That’s pretty evil. Then the orphanage they were taken to was corrupt. Doghan finding the kids was crazy but a pretty cool story element and I liked his bond he had formed with Simon. Simon in turn allowed doghan to escape with his life which ultimately made simons hell as he was a witness to two murders and a huge conspiracy. That’s pretty sad, it was all written so well though.

The reveal that the body doubles they mentioned actually had a story purpose was crazy. I feel pretty bad for John and Courtney for losing the president and Johns dad.

Simon being the mastermind because of all the torture he suffered was a depressing story but I loved him as a bad guy. He wasn’t wrong but went about things in the wrong way. It’s still honestly deserved what he did though. His memory was so screwed up that he went insane and made sure his friend died. His only one at that. There isn’t really a big bad in the AA storylines that you can sympathize with. So this was such a good twist.

Shelley de killer walking to kill Simon to be stopped by doghan was kind of a touching moment. Every character had great moments and conclusions to theeir arcs.

Sebastian was annoying early on but his development in the last case made him a great character. The them being about choosing weather or not you should follow in your fathers footsteps or legacy was so good. There was a lot of thought put into this game. It sucks that it never got localized.

The only weird thing was how the hell did de killer get past all the police twice to infiltrate the circus?

Regardless he’s a pretty damn great villain for how good he is at his job.

After playing this game, I want a court based spinoff where shields, Edgeworth and more go against each other in court and as the prosecution you need to produce the right evidence to prove the real culprits identity in a trial. It be tough to pull off but could be fun.

Ray was great as a character and it was a sweet moment to see he reports to a picture of Gregory Edgeworth at the end of his day. The story is so good. I’d love to see these characters show up in the main ace attorney games. If we got a game that focused on the takedown of de killer and how Edgeworth become chief prosecutor, they could do a lot there. It probably won’t happen though.

Also gumshoe got to be a pretty big help the whole game and got that salary raise finally which such a good moment. This game was just fantastic.

Longer then I expected but this game is amazing. The story is beautiful and the setup in each case as you long back is done so well. If you haven’t played and like the series, you really should. I wish it had gotten localized, it deserves to be played more
Damn shame you can only play it on the E word that shall not be named.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Show me your rosters.

Let me see if I can do this right

-Ryu (Street Fighter)
-Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
-M. Bison (Street Fighter)
-Heihachi (Tekken)
-Kazuya (Tekken)
-King (Tekken)
-Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
-Ragna the Bloodedge (Blazblue)
-Hyde (Under Night In-Birth)
-Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
-Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
-Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
-Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
-Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
-Geese Howard (Fatal Fury)
-Goku (Dragon Ball)

Title of the game?
World Battle X

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Here's a game that Will Will Will Will just inspired the idea for with his ninja boys picture. For some reason.

Show me your rosters.

Hmmm... lemme try something out: I'll try going for iconic characters without using any of the main heroes or villains (no Ryu, Scorpion, Terry, Heihachi, etc.), and keep it to just one character per series. Also, as OP states that the 16th character can but not necessarily must be from a fighting game franchise, I'll be ignoring that for the time being.
  1. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  2. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  3. Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury / King of Fighters)
  4. Yuzuriha (Under Night In-Birth)
  5. Naoto Kurogane (BlazBlue)
  6. Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
  7. Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
  8. Ayane (Dead or Alive)
  9. King (Tekken)
  10. Sophitia (Soulcalibur)
  11. Shiki (Samurai Shodown)
  12. Skullomania (Fighting Layer)
  13. Milla Rage (Guilty Gear)
  14. Valentine (Skullgirls)
  15. Kyosuke (Rival Schools)
  16. Jacky Bryant (Virtua Fighter)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've... been away. For a while.

I just want to say that... Etika. You were my favorite YouTuber during Smash For days. You seemed like such a cool dude. You seemed like you would have walked to the end of the earth if it meant it made someone happy. I may have not kept up with your videos past Smash For. I may not have approved of everything you did. But I knew how nice of a guy you were. I know important you were to my past self.

I don't want to tell you goodbye. I just want to tell you thank you. Rest easy, Iceman.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if the Underminer during the scene at the end of Incredibles 1 was dubbed by Tom Hardy’s Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Show me your rosters.

Bang Shishigami (Blazblue)
Susano'o (Blazblue)
Enkidu (Under Night In-Birth)
Yuzuriha (Under Night In-Birth)
Juri Han (Street Fighter)
Guile (Street Fighter)
Batsu (Rival Schools)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Marshall Law (Tekken)
Yoshimitsu (Tekken/Soul Calibur)
Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat)
Smoke (Mortal Kombat)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Jam Kuradoberi (Guilty Gear)
Shaquille O'Neal (Shaq Fu)
Kamen Rider Kuuga (Kamen Rider Kuuga)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh, btw, a new Mario Maker Powerup was leaked, and no, it's not the Hammer power up that's been hinted at already.

It's the Superball from Mario Land. It's a SMB1 exclusive

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Oh, btw, a new Mario Maker Powerup was leaked, and no, it's not the Hammer power up that's been hinted at already.

whoa that looks sick. Can't wait to see if there's any other hidden power ups.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Show me your rosters.

1. Ryu
  2. M. Bison
  3. Scorpion
  4. Shao Kahn
  5. Heihachi Mishima
  6. Jin Kazama
  7. Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  8. Felicia (Darkstalkers)
  9. Kabuki Joe (War Gods)
  10. Blizzard (Primal Rage)
  11. Diablo (Primal Rage)
  12. Vertigo (Primal Rage)
  13. SonSon III (Marvel vs. Capcom)
  14. Black Orchid (Killer Instinct)
  15. Riptor (Killer Instinct)
  16. Scrap Baby (Five Nights at Freddy’s)
How’s this

As an aside @Taylor F , I had a dream last night where I was watching a TMNT/FNaF crossover movie. And it was surprisingly good.

D

Deleted member

1. Ryu
  2. M. Bison
  3. Scorpion
  4. Shao Kahn
  5. Heihachi Mishima
  6. Jin Kazama
  7. Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  8. Felicia (Darkstalkers)
  9. Kabuki Joe (War Gods)
  10. Blizzard (Primal Rage)
  11. Diablo (Primal Rage)
  12. Vertigo (Primal Rage)
  13. SonSon III (Marvel vs. Capcom)
  14. Black Orchid (Killer Instinct)
  15. Riptor (Killer Instinct)
  16. Scrap Baby (Five Nights at Freddy’s)
How’s this

As an aside @Taylor F , I had a dream last night where I was watching a TMNT/FNaF crossover movie. And it was surprisingly good.
5E30B6A0-6B2F-4158-A971-93D3F4CADEBA.jpeg
Can science explain this? /s

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 229312
Can science explain this? /s
It was basically about the turtles (2012 itteration) finding a bunch of FNaF animatronics in a sealed room in a community rec center and trying to figure out what they are and if they’re dangerous after April got locked in with them. In the process, Funtime Freddy falls in love with April because he’s tired of killing people, I think it was hinting that April was secretly a Charlie robot like in the book (I woke up before it finished) and we got this amazing line from Foxy after the Turtles let him out. “I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID THAT! Maybe they could have actually killed me! Now all I can do is move to Connecticut!” And then he got plowed by a car as they were standing in the middle of the street”.

D

Deleted member

It was basically about the turtles (2012 itteration) finding a bunch of FNaF animatronics in a sealed room in a community rec center and trying to figure out what they are and if they’re dangerous after April got locked in with them. In the process, Funtime Freddy falls in love with April because he’s tired of killing people, I think it was hinting that April was secretly a Charlie robot like in the book (I woke up before it finished) and we got this amazing line from Foxy after the Turtles let him out. “I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID THAT! Maybe they could have actually killed me! Now all I can do is move to Connecticut!” And then he got plowed by a car as they were standing in the middle of the street”.
I’m not sure what’s weirder. The plot, or the fact that you remembered all that.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

That's--kind of an obscure power-up to be in the game. Doesn't even have a costume associated with the power-up (never played Mario Land). Really wish costume Mario returned, even if they couldn't get the licenses to third party stuff.

I'm pulling for frog suit coming back... eventually...

EDIT: Oh, it changes colors to look like the character is from Mario Land. That's neat. But weird.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Show me your rosters.

This'll probably have a super cheesy name, like "Brawl-Stars" or something, lol

Anyways, here's the list. I spent like an hour on it, so I hope it's good:
  1. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  2. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  3. Guile (Street Fighter)
  4. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) token villain pick
  5. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  6. Sub Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  7. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
  8. Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury)
  9. Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
  10. Akira Yuki (Vitura Fighter)
  11. Kasumi (Dead or Alive
  12. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
  13. Ivy (Soulcalibur) I normally wouldn't have given Soulcaliber two picks due to space reasons, however I feel being a whip user, Ivy would be bringing something unique to this roster.
  14. Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
  15. Springman (ARMS) token oddball pick
  16. Captain Falcon (Super Smash Bros.) I'm counting Cap as my guest character, because while yes, Smash is a fighting game, F-Zero isn't, and so I don't really count him as a fighting game character. Still, I feel like his notoriety as the unofficial mascot of the best selling fighting game franchise of all time gives him more than enough reason to be on here

This was pretty tough, and there were a couple characters I was planning to add yet never did in the end that I wanna give a couple shout outs to:
  • M. Bison (Street Fighter) Was pushed aside in favor of Guile as the third Street Fighter character as I feel like he's a bit more iconic. Heihachi took his place as the token villain pick
  • A Skullgirls character (never got to deciding on who exactly)
  • Morrigan (Darkstalkers / every single Capcom crossover)
  • Jin Kazama (Tekken)
  • Haohmaru and/or Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)
  • Min Min (ARMS) Was gonna pick her as the ARMS rep due to bias alone. However, I felt she clashed too much with Chun-Li in the end, so I just stuck with Spring Man

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Show me your rosters.

1. Shaq
  2. Cheetamen
  3. Urban Champion
  4. Thugg (Time Killers)
  5. Kid from the NES Karate game
  6. Bimmy from Double Dragon 3
  7. Keo from Dangerout Streets
  8. Galacto the Magnificent from Interstellar Wrestling League
  9. Ken (Street Fighter 2010)
  10. Dan
  11. M. Bison (Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game)
  12. Arden Lyn (Masters of Tera Kasi)
  13. Jesse (Full House Tournament fighter)
  14. Monkey (Cheetamen)
  15. Mr. M.U.G.E.N. Man
  16. Goku (Jump Force)
Introducing SUPER SMASH BLUNDERS!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I haven’t watched anime with the intent purpose of following the story in years (I did watch Hana Kappa this morning with my kid but it doesn’t count).

I imagine you know most anime openings but one that immediately popped up that I liked was...

I really need to watch this series again.
Yoo I love that anime to death

Last edited by a moderator:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe

Show me your rosters.

Alright here we go! Back on smash boards and raring to go!

MK series
1.scorpion
2.sub-zero
3.Kitana

King of Fighters
4.Kyo
5.Iori
6.Rock Howard

Fatal Fury
7.mai
8.Terry Bogard

Soul Claibur
9.Nightmare
10.Sophitia

Tekken
11.Hehachi
12.Yoshimitsu

Street fighter
13.Ryu
14.Chun-li

Vs Capcom series
15.Dante

Guest character (Kid Icarus)
16.Magnus

The title would be called Fighting Legends! And some DLC would include...

Guilty Gear
17.Sol Badguy
18.Baiken

Blazeblue
19.Ragna
20.Taokaka

Killer Instinct
21.Fulgore
22.Saberwulf
Yeah it’s a bit of a weird roster, but it’s my roster! Edit: added KI

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's been a few years since I played ModNation Racers, so I couldn't possibly come up with more specific criticisms. But I do remember just not enjoying the feel of the driving. Which I admit, is entirely a subjective idea that I absolutely cannot substantiate with any direct evidence. But the basic drifting and driving just never clicked when I played it, and if that doesn't happen, then I just don't enjoy the racer and I'm unlikely to put lots of time into the game to learn those mechanics. Especially with arcade racers. My mark of a good arcade racer is if the game clicks within the first hour. If it can't do that, I'm not going to enjoy it.

I think there's an absolute joy to randomness and chaotic circumstances in video games. You get insanely hillarious moments with your friends when everything starts going wrong and the perfect storm affects one person or another. Yes, there's rage to the person suffering, but there's only so much that can be blamed on another person since it's mostly random, so it's not lasting or deep rage. And it can happen to you or anyone else at any time. It adds a layer of tension to the game that you otherwise wouldn't get. It makes you make more split second decisions that can have major consequences and completely change the moment to moment gameplay. And I think there's almost certainly a skill involved with managing randomness. Randomness means you'll never fully be in control, but then it comes down to recognizing what you can control, how to manage the resources you have, and what to prioritize in the moment to moment gameplay (Such as Assist Trophies, Poke Balls, and Smash Balls). Fights can often times be less about hitting your opponent and more about keeping them from getting something.

I love randomness because it adds variation to gameplay at the casual level. I don't feel the need to compete every time I play a game. I may be competitive in the moment, but it's also super refreshing to play something where it doesn't matter as much and you can easily blame randomness on your failures. In a 1-on-1 match in Smash, it's all on you and your ability. Sometimes that lessened pressure just makes the experience more fun. I'm not good enough to compete at any high level play of most video games anyway, so I might as well have some fun. Especially in a game like Mario Kart that acknowledges exactly what it is and doesn't deviate from it.

Plus, there's just so many moments where I've laughed my *** off at the absurdity of the random situations. 3 different Pokemon attacking everyone, a Sheriff shooting, and everyone trying to escape lava only to be hit by a moving crate that was actually a bomb. It's just a completely different game in that moment and it becomes a source of entertainment. Or the dreaded, lighting, blue shell, red shell, green shell of Mario Kart. There's a joy to seeing randomness play out in my mind given the unlikely probabilities for these events to occur simultaneously in a specific sequence.

Also, doesn't Mario Kart 8 have a Mushroom only play mode? That might be more up your alley in the future. And Mario Party is so much worse than any other random game. The core of the game comes from rolling dice, at least the others rely upon at least having some control among chaos.
On the topic of MK, this was the best moment ever for me

D

Deleted member

I feel the need to bless the thread with Jangbricks’s latest video:

The world should have more people like him.

Cool set too, the robot build caught my attention and I like the minifigure selection.

D

Deleted member

I’m trying to port K. Rool.

I can already tell this is gonna be a mess. lol

EDIT: Problem one has been solved. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom