• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies... Thos were a thing.

And to think I used absolutely adore em lol
ngl I kinda forget about those god forsaken movies for a hot minute.

But now that I do remember them... :toadnaani:brb gonna get the bleach /s

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I just edited my post to mention that.

iirc it opened the exact same day as Force Awakens, so it definitely wasn't most people's priority lol
Reminds me of the time the 2011 WTP movie came out... against Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Let's just say the person picking the dates failed a check.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
how the hell do you get a 0%?
It's more common than you think

The general gist of rotten tomatoes score is just how many critics gave a film a positive review, and not the actual score the critics gave.

For example It doesn't matter if a critic give a film a 10/10 or a 6/10, for all intents and purposes that would still be considered a "fresh" review due to it being on the positive side of things . In comparison anything from 5/10 to 1/10 would be "rotten".

so it's pretty easy to get 100% or 0% depending if all critics manged to give a review on the more positive/negiatve side respectively

Something like Metacritic on the other hand would be the way to go in order the see an avergated score based on most reviews

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I thoroughly enjoyed the first Paul Blart movie. Was just a lot of fun.

Haven't seen the second one but eh, there's no going up from the first one.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
On the topic of Rotten Tomatoes only 3 video game movies have gotten a "fresh" score (anything 60% or more) on the site, and they all happened to release in succession with each other

Detective Pikachu, Angry Birds 2, (yes, really, apparently it's quite good all things considered) and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Tbf, they're pretty much on the verge, mostly in the 60s but it's still a good start.

Now inb4 Monster Hunter completely ruins this hotstreak lol. How many of y'all even remember that movie's a thing? Ha ha

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On the topic of Rotten Tomatoes only 3 video game movies have gotten a "fresh" score (anything 60% or more) on the site, and they all happened to release in succession with each other

Detective Pikachu, Angry Birds 2, (yes, really, apparently it's quite good all things considered) and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Tbf, they're all on the verge, somewhere in early 60s but it's still a good start.

Now inb4 Monster Hunter completely ruins this hotstreak lol. How many of y'all even remember that movie's a thing? Ha ha
Guess which one is the highest rated one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah one last hope for tomorrow, can we finally get Ace Attorney 7 please Capcom?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
HOLY MC****NUGGETS TANGLED JUST WENT HARD FOR A SINGULAR SONG

man I wish I watched this show when it was on Disney Channel

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
literally the most perfectly best song from this entire show...and I doubt it’ll get any better than this

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What a wild reveal it would be if we get that very unlikely but neat rumored Mario RPG remake or sequel.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Tbf, they're pretty much on the verge, mostly in the 60s but it's still a good start.

Wait till Hollywood here’s MY pitch!

Four intrepid explorers are marooned on a tropical island with very little resources to ensure their survival. It’s their natural born leader and former Navy SEAL, Drake Hasbro, who discovers the truth behind the island. Joined by Mr Hasbro is the scientist Milton Harvey, influencer Autumn Bradley, and famous but washedup retired professional baseball player Davy “Allspark” Johnson. They find that the island is stabilized by these crystal balls which are found in the center but four main crystal balls are found on four corners of the island. In order to get back home, they must bring the main crystal balls to the center which triggers a time warp. However, as they try to, they are hunted by extremely dangerous, murderous ravenous hippos hell bent on their destruction and to devour these main crystals. Legend says that these immortal hippos has sought to devour these crystal balls but haven’t been unable to as they were placed too high for them to reach. Now, they are on a collision course with our heroes who are racing to the center of the island in order to get back home all the while hunted by very hungry, hungry hippos.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Four intrepid explorers are marooned on a tropical island with very little resources to ensure their survival. It’s their natural born leader and former Navy SEAL, Drake Hasbro, who discovers the truth behind the island. Joined by Mr Hasbro is the scientist Milton Harvey, influencer Autumn Bradley, and famous but washedup retired professional baseball player Davy “Allspark” Johnson. They find that the island is stabilized by these crystal balls which are found in the center but four main crystal balls are found on four corners of the island. In order to get back home, they must bring the main crystal balls to the center which triggers a time warp. However, as they try to, they are hunted by extremely dangerous, murderous ravenous hippos hell bent on their destruction and to devour these main crystals. Legend says that these immortal hippos has sought to devour these crystal balls but haven’t been unable to as they were placed too high for them to reach. Now, they are on a collision course with our heroes who are racing to the center of the island in order to get back home all the while hinted by very hungry, hungry hippos.
Hungry Hungry Hippos?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Four intrepid explorers are marooned on a tropical island with very little resources to ensure their survival. It’s their natural born leader and former Navy SEAL, Drake Hasbro, who discovers the truth behind the island. Joined by Mr Hasbro is the scientist Milton Harvey, influencer Autumn Bradley, and famous but washedup retired professional baseball player Davy “Allspark” Johnson. They find that the island is stabilized by these crystal balls which are found in the center but four main crystal balls are found on four corners of the island. In order to get back home, they must bring the main crystal balls to the center which triggers a time warp. However, as they try to, they are hunted by extremely dangerous, murderous ravenous hippos hell bent on their destruction and to devour these main crystals. Legend says that these immortal hippos has sought to devour these crystal balls but haven’t been unable to as they were placed too high for them to reach. Now, they are on a collision course with our heroes who are racing to the center of the island in order to get back home all the while hinted by very hungry, hungry hippos.
Give me outlines for three sequels and I'll green-light this.

D

Deleted member

Live action movies done right are something to really behold! Take Alien for example, it wouldn't have nearly as much impact as it did if it were a cartoon. A movIe that was WAAAY ahead of its time and still stands up to todays standards, despite coming out decades ago. Same can be said for some of the even bigger film franchises like Star Wars and LotR.

Animated films do have a certain charm for sure, but I notice a very large number of these films will often rely on this charm, while everything else about the film, while it may not be terrible per se, won't be anything special. Early Pixar and Dreamworks films were well ahead of their time but now I do notice a saturation of these films were it gets to the point it almost seems pointless to make this film animated.

That said each have their own pros and cons some films work better as one or the other. It all really depends on how the production handles each project and how much they take advantage of what they have available to them.
I agree that there are benefits for live action movies and animated movies.

Only thing I will say here is not all animated movies follow a Disney/Dreamworks guideline. There are many mature animated films out there, such as anime or some other mature series or movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Don't forget the Mortal Kombat 2021 movie which is due to come out in January 2021.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom