• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Presentation soon!!! Ehh???

Too bad I missed the PS5 presentation. 😔

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But wasn't the Turok trilogy just a upscale HD 1080p port of the original games?
That doesn't stop it from being rereleases of multiple revered games. Arguing otherwise is like saying the games in 3D All-Stars are underrated because they aren't getting full remakes.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That doesn't stop it from being rereleases of multiple revered games. Arguing otherwise is like saying the games in 3D All-Stars are underrated because they aren't getting full remakes.
Yeah, but I didn't say it in that way though. I was saying the Turok games in general are underrated as well as the other games I listed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't know why Nintendo decided to still invest on the 3DS a couple of years after the Switch came out as almost everyone moved over to the Switch by 2018. The 3DS was pretty much a dying console by the time Warioware Gold came out or before then. It would have been smarter to release the Bowser'a Inside Story remake on the Switch.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Do you think this is why Nintendo is a bit iffy with Mario and Luigi?
Uh... maybe?

It's kinda assumed that that remake played a part of sinking Alphadream, but it's not like bad sales will end a Nintendo series, otherwise, Paper Mario would have been dead in 2016.

And if Tanabe is to be believed, Mario and Luigi is still alive. Just... dormant.

D

Deleted member

Monster Maze over here making some good zelda content with the whole zelda youtuber gang lmao

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't know why Nintendo decided to still invest on the 3DS a couple of years after the Switch came out as almost everyone moved over to the Switch by 2018. The 3DS was pretty much a dying console by the time Warioware Gold came out or before then. It would have been smarter to release the Bowser'a Inside Story remake on the Switch.
You also have to remember that you can't just throw a game on the Switch and call it a day. Bowser's Inside Story remake would never be on the Switch because it was too expensive for Alphadream who was already in financial trouble prior to this, as well as the fact that it reused a lot of assets from the 3DS Mario and Luigu games. Again, if they were to make it om the Switch, they'd have to do it from the ground up, which is not ideal for Alphadream.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You also have to remember that you can't just throw a game on the Switch and call it a day. Bowser's Inside Story remake would never be on the Switch because it was too expensive for Alphadream who was already in financial trouble prior to this, as well as the fact that it reused a lot of assets from the 3DS Mario and Luigu games. Again, if they were to make it om the Switch, they'd have to do it from the ground up, which is not ideal for Alphadream.
That makes sense. Though the BIS remake certainly would have benefit Alphadream more on the Switch than the 3DS had they done that instead.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like the dog in Monster Hunter is going to get an Amaterasu skin.

Hopefully this Direct doesn't just focus on Monster Hunter; I've had trouble with getting into that series, and I'd like it if there was more variety in this. (it felt like the past two showcases catered only to one type of fan per showcase - Shin Megami Tensei fans and rhythm game fans)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I don’t know if I mentioned my idea for a new Sonic fighting game to you, though one of the things I’m thinking of for it is Netherrealm inspired intro banter between the fighters and I wonder if I can make any references to these shorts somehow.

D

Deleted member

New Disgaea is cool. Only know it from Weiss Schwarz but I like the character designs

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don’t know if I mentioned my idea for a new Sonic fighting game to you, though one of the things I’m thinking of for it is Netherrealm inspired intro banter between the fighters and I wonder if I can make any references to these shorts somehow.
I actual had some ideas for a Sonic fighting game as well!

D

Deleted member

Balen Wonderland giving me massive “Sega before they went all in with Sonic” vibes to me. Looks pretty good so far.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I actual had some ideas for a Sonic fighting game as well!
I’ll take a look in a bit, here’s my thread on it:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Really only Disgaea for me in the direct but I recognise the significance of several other announcements like Ori, Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter and Rune Factory.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah, I knew there wouldn't be anything regarding Undertale/Deltarune!...

Wait, why I am making it look like it's a good thing?

Also, it is me, or the Disgaea 6 announcement was a bit...flat? Like here's some 3D model moving awkwardly & big damages numbers and here you go, that's Disgaea 6, folks!

Could have shown a cool opening or somethin'.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well that was ok.

- Monster Hunter not a fan of but Rise has my interest.

- Disgaea 6 being Switch Exclusive. One of my friends is NOT going to be happy about that.

- I'm pretty happy about both Ori games now on the Switch. Gonna pick those up at some point.

- I was expecting Bravely Default II release date. That's definitely been pushed back to 2021.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I liked the direct. Started well, ended well, never had me bored honestly-though I'm likely only picking up Ori when I inevitably purchase and beat the first one.

D

Deleted member

Overall nothing too exciting for me personally(aside from ya know the bet and all) but that’s kinda what I was expecting. I’m more of a card gamer than a video gamer, y’know? :drshrug:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
3D All-Stars is now available for me to play!

D

Deleted member

Can someone round up the announcements for me, please?
Uhh....
-Ori port
-Monster Hunter
-Isekai rpg game that I can’t remember the name of
-Disgaea 6
- bunch of misc stuff coming out today
-Balan Wonderland release date(March next year)
-Fitness Boxing 2
-Empire of Sin
-Sniper Elite 4

Pretty sure there are a few more, gonna edit this post if I find any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom