• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Call me biased if you must but Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is still my game of the year by default since it's my favorite game ever and for how much my experience with the 3DS version means to me (wasn't fortunate enough to have the Wii version when it released). Don't get me wrong; I wish they could've done a bit more with the visuals and gameplay enhancements too, and Future Connected was a fun, albeit somewhat disappointing epilogue chapter, but I enjoyed almost every second of my revisit nonetheless and playing Xenoblade just makes me feel, well...happy lol.
Oh, no dude. It's also three/four/five way-tied for my favourite game of all time as well. I was really glad to go back to Xenoblade and it felt great to play it once again. A lot of moments still hit, the world still is one of best in the medium, systems all worked and aged well, characters, plot, music etc are still nothing short of fantastic. The Definitive Edition could have been more of course but I'm glad it really got made. Under 1.5 million copies sold and the games are proving to be one of best RPG series around.

I meant more new games I've played and not really counting remakes. The Outer Worlds will probably take it the whole year. The game has been what I've been looking for a long time, a Fallout-lite and a lot less drab with some dark comedy. Maybe just outside the top 10 of my favourite games of all time. Might show that list thinking about it.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
XD If I had to be honest, I haven't played any Sonic games in ages, I only did with the classics one since childhood, but I wasn't someone that got consoles recently, specially not the ones that had those games, let it be handheld or home console.
View attachment 285561
I am an artist, and even if I didn't get the chance to play the games myself, I still try my best to do my research and whatnot. If I am lucky enough, I might get the chance to play those games later on.

xD Silver is a very special case, because it was a time where one of my little cousins was a hardcore Sonic fan, and I used to like Tails, but later on I moved to like Amy and then Shadow, and after that Silver came into the picture and slowly but surely won my heart. I really liked his story, and since Blaze was part of it, that's how I got to know more about her. And well...I also became a Silvaze shipper. x'D So, yeah, it was around 2006 that I became slowly but surely a fan of his character despite the backlash. Even to this day.
Is that your work on Silver? Very nice!
If you do get the chance to play a game with Silver in it-well, actually don't. I'm sure the Rivals series isn't awful or anything, but I've played both 06 and Forces (the only main games since where he's had a role in the story) and I can't recommend either of those to you. Though Generations has an awesome Silver fight, plus mod support means you can play as the psychic hedgehog himself. (And Generations is just an awesome game overall, highly recommended).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What are some of your favorite old video game commercials? This one in particular has always stuck with me.
An oldie but a goodie

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Is that your work on Silver? Very nice!
:3 Thank you, glad you think so! I took me ages to learn to draw Silver, his quills are a nightmare. x'D And I still need more practice. But I am quite please of the results lately.

If you do get the chance to play a game with Silver in it-well, actually don't. I'm sure the Rivals series isn't awful or anything, but I've played both 06 and Forces (the only main games since where he's had a role in the story) and I can't recommend either of those to you. Though Generations has an awesome Silver fight, plus mod support means you can play as the psychic hedgehog himself. (And Generations is just an awesome game overall, highly recommended).
x'D Oh yeah, I know those games specially are actually godawful (that is what I was referring to the backlash both Silver and the game overall had). some about the very well received Generations was, plus the Silver fight. I am just hoping for one day SEGA does a spinoff game where Silver is the main protagonist. It sounds far fetched, but I can dream (Of an Absolution? xP I am so bad).

Right now at least I can still draw him, check other wonderful art featuring him, and I do have big Silver plushie and a tiny poseable figure, I will I had more stuff though. xD He's rare.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What are three Pokemon character you find underrated?

Let it be known, I'm specifically talking about trainers, not the Pokemon themselves.

Personally I find Hau, Leon, and Diantha.

Hau's adorable and delightfully earnest. Leon is genuinely a nice guy and even though Diantha isn't the most fleshed out character, I like what we do see of her. Plus a supermodel champion is a neat idea.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
:3 Thank you, glad you think so! I took me ages to learn to draw Silver, his quills are a nightmare. x'D And I still need more practice. But I am quite please of the results lately.

x'D Oh yeah, I know those games specially are actually godawful (that is what I was referring to the backlash both Silver and the game overall had). some about the very well received Generation was, plus the Silver fight. I am just hoping for one day SEGA does a spinoff game where Silver is the main protagonist. It sounds far fetched, but I can dream (Of an Absolution? xP I am so bad).

Right now at least I can still draw him, check other wonderful art featuring him, and I do have big Silver plushie and a tiny poseable figure, I will I had more stuff though. xD He's rare.
They were going to make a Silver spinoff, but it got cancelled early on due to the 06 backlash. If only it were good...
But seeing as Sonic social media recently used an 06 cut scene without making fun of it for once, maybe they'll resurrect that idea? The psychokinesis could make for some fun and unique gameplay. Even if not that, we could maybe see him playable in a future title. If, by some miracle, Ian Flynn writes the next game, then we could have something to look forward to there!
(I also have a Silver plush-he's very cute).
I'm probably going to head to bed now-online classes in the morning. Nice meeting you!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh, no dude. It's also three/four/five way-tied for my favourite game of all time as well. I was really glad to go back to Xenoblade and it felt great to play it once again. A lot of moments still hit, the world still is one of best in the medium, systems all worked and aged well, characters, plot, music etc are still nothing short of fantastic. The Definitive Edition could have been more of course but I'm glad it really got made. Under 1.5 million copies sold and the games are proving to be one of best RPG series around.

I meant more new games I've played and not really counting remakes. The Outer Worlds will probably take it the whole year. The game has been what I've been looking for a long time, a Fallout-lite and a lot less drab with some dark comedy. Maybe just outside the top 10 of my favourite games of all time. Might show that list thinking about it.
I must admit that you've piqued my interest in finally booting up The Outer Worlds with how much praise you're giving it. Might have to seriously consider it as one of my next games to play.

KillerCage

Smash Master
What are some of your favorite old video game commercials? This one in particular has always stuck with me.
There are a few that come to mind.

EDIT: I noticed all these commercials came from the 6th generation.

EDIT 2: I forgot about this one!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
They were going to make a Silver spinoff, but it got cancelled early on due to the 06 backlash. If only it were good...
But seeing as Sonic social media recently used an 06 cut scene without making fun of it for once, maybe they'll resurrect that idea? The psychokinesis could make for some fun and unique gameplay. Even if not that, we could maybe see him playable in a future title. If, by some miracle, Ian Flynn writes the next game, then we could have something to look forward to there!
(I also have a Silver plush-he's very cute).
I'm probably going to head to bed now-online classes in the morning. Nice meeting you!
:C Aw, that's a shame! I would have loved to see it become a reality! But yeah, there might be a chance for him! :D
(:3 Really? Yay!)

^U^ Same! It was a pleasure meeting a fellow Silver fan, it was a really fun chat! Rest well and good luck with your classes!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thorn...Black Widow...Cassandra from Tangled...Sam Manson...Raven...what's up with these women looking so good?

Inb4 these end up becoming my type of women

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I must admit that you've piqued my interest in finally booting up The Outer Worlds with how much praise you're giving it. Might have to seriously consider it as one of my next games to play.
I would, it starts a bit slow but the writing is just amazing. After all; "It's not the best choice, it's Spacer's Choice."

As for me I'm undecided about my next game to play. I'm on my third play of the aforementioned. Don't know but I have been thinking Shadow of the Colossus, God of War or Uncharted 4. Or go cute and play my siblings's worst fears Sakura Wars or Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Let it be known, I'm specifically talking about trainers, not the Pokemon themselves.

Hau's adorable and delightfully earnest. Leon is genuinely a nice guy and even though Diantha isn't the most fleshed out character, I like what we do see of her. Plus a supermodel champion is a neat idea.
I don't know about three, but Maylene and Caitlin would be two. Maylene is cause of her story in the anime, and Caitlin is cause of her backstory.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

I dunno about underrated (maybe at least as a rival I guess?) but Hop still feels like people didn't quite get him or are stuck on the first impression of "British Hau" or are in the "lul Gen 8 lul" attitude. What I like is how he genuinely grows throughout the game and how it's reflected in his team by dropping and then bringing back Dubwool. Him catching the other Legendary and going on to do his own thing also really elevate him beyond all the other rivals.

I guess there's Lysandre. He's still kinda average to okay at best but the whole "he's blatantly evil" thing hits me a lil different now so I like him just a bit more.

Can't really think of a third tbh.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I'm playing FFVII Remake and it's fun. I even like the battle system. My only complaint is about the forced walking sections which are EVERYWHERE. If I want to run around like a jack*** at inappropriate times that should be my choice.
Anyone else playing/played it? No spoilers; I've just gotten to the part in the church.
I have. It's my favorite game that came out this year and is becoming one of my all time favorite games due to personal reasons. I played the game when I was at a pretty low point emotionally and this game came out in the right place at the right time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

GROOTSLANG

Lost Tapes: "Grootslang"
Subject matter: Grootslang
Summary: Mercenaries are hired by an wealthy man to explore the deep cave in Richtersveld, South Africa in search of valuable diamonds according to locals legends. The legend proves to be true and as they leave with what they were hired to get, the real trouble soon begins when something really large and wrathful emerges wanting back what they took from it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

*Actress

But I agree, Diantha was probably one of the most underrated and underutilized champions. Mostly at the fault of Game Freak since she felt almost irrelevent in X and Y and with no proper follow to help flesh out her character.

The Sinnoh Elite Four could've been more memorable in general but I thought Ronald McDonald Flint was pretty cool.

Lastly, I'll say Janine, even though she's a Gym Leader in the Kanto region. I feel she's a bit overshadowed by her once Gym leader now Elite Four member father Koga.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Leon is probably my second favorite Champion. My first being Steven or Cynthia. Although Iris and Alder were good too.

As for other characters, I actually still don’t really like Hau. However I think Hop is in underated because of Hau being disliked. People think Hop is just a retool and while he does look similar and have a very similar name, I found Hop to be the better rival and character.

He has a pretty strong arc and considering he abandons his team for awhile that made for a really interesting storyline. Combined with him living in the shadow of his brother and ultimately realizing it doesn’t matter if he’s better then Leon or not, what matters is he stays true to himself and he realized he could have a better path as a professor. That’s a great arc imo and he deserves more love. He was one of the best parts of the game.

Lastly, Volkner kinda of sticks out for me. He always had one of the coolest design for a gym leader imo. Plus the fact he had lost his interest in battle because of his job, really made him stand out. He gave us a look at the world we never really see or saw after that. Seeing him connected to the E4 as well as being on par with them in universe was kinda of exciting when I was younger. It really felt like there stakes being raised. Then having him fight you again post game with a new passion was pretty great. I really liked the battle island in the post game of Shinnoh

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
You have inspired me to make up my own Lost Tapes episodes! (Thanks for getting me into cryptozoology.)

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

ORANGE EYES
Orange-eyes.jpg

Lost Tapes: Orange Eyes
Subject: Orange Eyes the Sasquatch
Summary: "In 1959, two teenagers go out to Lover's Lane to make out and do stuff, unfortunately a large hairy beast with amber eyes is on the hunt for them."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
You have inspired me to make up my own Lost Tapes episodes! (Thanks for getting me into cryptozoology.)

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

ORANGE EYES
View attachment 285570

Lost Tapes: Orange Eyes
Subject: Orange Eyes the Sasquatch
Summary: "In 1959, two teenagers go out to Lover's Lane to make out and do stuff, unfortunately a large hairy beast with amber eyes is on the hunt for them."
No prob man. Happy to get more people interested in it. I'm flattered. :)

Keep up on your idea. This one also sounds good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This probably isn't the best place to ask this question but I'm going to do it anyway.

Any tips on maintaining energy throughout the day? I find that even on days where I start work with a ton of energy, I'm still mentally exhausted by the end of the day, and my muscles are really stiff. I find caffeine doesn't really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom