• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well the clock is 4am on the island of Ireland so I should get to bed. Phonecalls and checking a local store is my plan tomorrow. Still a nice day of talking to you guys as always.

It'll be sad when I get a job and unable to stay up this late anymore.

Wademan94 Wademan94 goodnight to you and so good night from me Smashboards.

tries to turn off the lamp

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This probably isn't the best place to ask this question but I'm going to do it anyway.

Any tips on maintaining energy throughout the day? I find that even on days where I start work with a ton of energy, I'm still mentally exhausted by the end of the day, and my muscles are really stiff. I find caffeine doesn't really help.
Meditation and Yoga in the morning could probably help out with mental exhaustion and the mobile stiffness. Caffeine often has a negative effect since it can set you up for a crash after the initial boost you get. Focus more on just staying hydrated instead of getting in your caffiene. Another issue that can cause fatigue is consuming too many carbs in the day as well. Try to limit your sugar and starches especially at the end of the day before sleeping. A sugar high when you're supposed to sleep is just not a good mix.

Also a lot of blue light (screens, phones, other devices) at night can negatively effect your sleep at night as well.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wow...blue haired Cassandra kinda hotter than normal black haired Cassandra...blue can improve lots of things for some reason

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finished another four seasons of Game Center CX (5-8), would recommend:

Umihara Kawase - A more historic episode than anything as it features many former ADs retiring and is the first time Arino's catchphrase "Kachou On!" is done. As a nice touch, the mangakan for the series did some special artwork in celebration of the challenge. There's also a segment focusing on the Master System.

Bonanza Bros - The first SEGA challenge. One of the rare challenges where Arino is fairly decent throughout what he's playing and the in-game & in-show jokes are amusing. There's a focus on Game Gear games and a fun attempt to scare Arino in advance of the next episode with another Ghosts 'n Goblins game. :shades:

Ikki - An infamous Kusoge title. The goal to find an ending to the game makes this one of the bigger torture episodes, especially if you know that there is no ending to the game. The ADs are forced by Arino into a 27 gaming marathon of this awful game to find a non-existent ending.

Mighty Bomb Jack - One of the most famous episodes so much so that it was turned into a movie. While not so much a torture episode, the obscure rules of the game and the physics make it one of the toughest challenges. Is a game that's available for free on NES Online right now.

Quiz Capcom World - Another quiz episode so you get to see a lot of staff interaction. One of the former ADs return to present Arino with a Wii, which brand new in 2006 were very hard to come by. There's also a fun Urusei Yatsura joke, complete with music, that pleased my inner Otaku.

Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa - A fun platforming challenge that like Super Mario World comes down to the last minute. Arino feels extra bad each time he dies as he doesn't want to hurt a baby. Also cake is involved.

Ultraseven - Kind of a sequel in more ways than one to the Ultraman episode. A historic episode as it features the first female AD and is the first announcement that a game based on the show (Retro Game Challenge) is in development. Also features a return to Super Potato.

Mega Man - Arino vs. The Yellow Devil is basically the true name of the episode. You get to see the female AD show off her skills here and earn a fun nickname that hardcore gamers will appreciate. She's given the nickname "Master" in reference to her surname being Takahashi.

Quest of Ki (Part 1&2) - Another famous episode that starts on location at Bandai Namco and that crosses over into the next season. Given how the game is divided up, you get to see a lot of Arino acting cocky. Bandai Namco's president joins in on the fun of playing a game he made and there is a segment focusing on the Game & Watch series.

Bonk's Adventure - A two-in-one challenge episode as it also features a re-cap of the Christmas Eve Live special/Quest of Ki Part 3. Both challenges are high stakes with just how much is kicked into overtime. Bonk's Adventure also features every gamers worst nightmare: Last level. A bug occurs preventing progression. No timer or way to kill yourself. You have to replay the ENTIRE game again.

53 Stations of the Toukaidou - The last of the Sunsoft Kusoge trilogy. To get into the spirit of the game, the staff has Arino stuff his face with local cuisine and do Karaoke with the game's official song.

Quinty/Mendel Palace - Kind of a bias episode for me as it features Game Freak's first title (now on Switch). We get to see the end of season results of their endless Xevious experiment. The staff also celebrates Arino's birthday.

The next season starts with the original Sonic the Hedgehog so that'll be interesting.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This probably isn't the best place to ask this question but I'm going to do it anyway.

Any tips on maintaining energy throughout the day? I find that even on days where I start work with a ton of energy, I'm still mentally exhausted by the end of the day, and my muscles are really stiff. I find caffeine doesn't really help.
Well I think it depends on your job first and foremost. Being well rested the night before will help you with a good start. If you want to maintain energy, there’s different foods like energy powers that may help you out a bit. A strong diet can help keep your health in shape or even maintain your energy. Although that’s research you would probably need to do your self first and then see how your energy feels through ought each day if you try and adjust from there.

Taking breaks if able can help you relax a bit and wind down before using your energy again as well. If not trying to find ways to make your work or life less exhausting might help you do better as way. Finding ways to make tasks simpler can really go a long way.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah in regards to leaker talk earlier. What happened with Verge's last claims from around E3 last year?

He mentioned a new metroid not prime 4 and wario ware on switch. It's over a year now and they aren't coming out this year. So I wonder if they existed at all or what happened to these games.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh yeah in regards to leaker talk earlier. What happened with Verge's last claims from around E3 last year?

He mentioned a new metroid not prime 4 and wario ware on switch. It's over a year now and they aren't coming out this year. So I wonder if they existed at all or what happened to these games.
Remember, Verg's information outside of Smash was very, very shaky. He was notorious for getting **** wrong until Ultimate rolled around.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

If they’re real and were originally planned for the 3DS (iirc there was something about scrapped 3DS games moved to the Switch, though that may not have been from Vergeben), wouldn’t be surprised if they were pushed back to next year or so. Who knows, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would, it starts a bit slow but the writing is just amazing. After all; "It's not the best choice, it's Spacer's Choice."

As for me I'm undecided about my next game to play. I'm on my third play of the aforementioned. Don't know but I have been thinking Shadow of the Colossus, God of War or Uncharted 4. Or go cute and play my siblings's worst fears Sakura Wars or Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
I vote God of War! My favorite PS4 game if you don't count the remaster of Journey. I've put over 100 hours into GoW and I've been playing on a max difficulty New Game Plus savefile this month.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Metroid Switch has been kicked around by other leakers (Captain Tsubasa/King Zell for instance implied it existed last year), so that one may be coming and it's just been delayed due to the circumstances. I don't remember hearing anything about Warioware so the status of that one is anyone's guess.

Reactions: Z25

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is that appropriate?

Oh mods removed it.

Guess not.
Now that's what I call a twist.

Also, on a better topic
IMO. Just play God of War 3 HD. The PS4 title is... not as memorable, let’s say..... or fun.
He just said his favourite game was God of War on PS4, why are you telling him to play GoW3 as if he didn't play the PS4 game already?

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have played both God of War III and the 2018 reboot, I like them both quite a bit. God of War 3 wasn't on TheIrepan8's list of games they were considering; I made a recommendation based on what was listed. Although I do prefer 2018 over God of War III.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Man, lots of anniversaries this month huh? :nessecho:
If you haven't played Undertale, now's your chance to get it on sale.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would, it starts a bit slow but the writing is just amazing. After all; "It's not the best choice, it's Spacer's Choice."

As for me I'm undecided about my next game to play. I'm on my third play of the aforementioned. Don't know but I have been thinking Shadow of the Colossus, God of War or Uncharted 4. Or go cute and play my siblings's worst fears Sakura Wars or Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
You still taking suggestions? I suggest playing Colossus. Nothing against the others but Colossus is simply amazing; even in modern times.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I love how in that one tweet I just posting, there's this guy who's trying to make a villian out of the UT community.

Bud. Its 2020. UT's community is nowhere near as bad as they were.
Maybe the guy is actually thinking of the Underfell community, bevause in 98% of it, it's nothing but dark trash with some rare golden chicken nugget inside it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Maybe the guy is actually thinking of the Underfell community, bevause in 98% of it, it's nothing but dark trash with some rare golden chicken nugget inside it.
No, apparently he got trashed on for how he played Undertale.

Which I'm not doubting, but the fact of the matter is that this is one guy with one bad experience and he's trying to use it as definitive proof that UT is still overly toxic.

I don't really care tbh. But a guy is really pulling that **** on a UT anniversary tweet? Get the **** out. :starman2:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No, apparently he got trashed on for how he played Undertale.

Which I'm not doubting, but the fact of the matter is that this is one guy with one bad experience and he's trying to use it as definitive proof that UT is still overly toxic.

I don't really care tbh. But a guy is really pulling that ** on a UT anniversary tweet? Get the ** out. :starman2:
Was joking on the Underfell part, but yeah, its a pretty ****ty things to do as you said, especially on the game fifth anniversary.

Then again, it's Twitter, so it check out.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know, that's how I generally rule it out but this time I decided to say something.

It wasn't much, and I kind of wish I just left it alone, but I said my peace so I guess that's good.
We all have those time where we realize in hindsight it probably was better to left a post alone. (I sure am not a angel when it come to that,damn my little brain), but as long it doesn't cause drama & you own it, you're in the good.

On a better note, really looking forward to what info we might get from toby on DR: Chapter 2.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
What are some of your favorite old video game commercials? This one in particular has always stuck with me.
i ****ing love the JP link to the past commercial

segata sanshiro too of course

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, lots of anniversaries this month huh? :nessecho:
If you haven't played Undertale, now's your chance to get it on sale.
I already bought Undertale awhile back when it was sale for $4 on Steam lol. Best $4 I’ve spent in a long time.

D

Deleted member

Come to think about it, life feels repetitive for me.

I need something dramatically new in my life.

Hopefully things get better so I can do these new things.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just bought some replacement Dragon Shield Sleeves and some inners for my MtG EDH deck :waluigirose:

I’ve never actually used inners before(mostly because I generally just double sleeve my JP size cards using regular DS sleeves and some JP sleeves)so while this will be a new experience I deliberately went for some basic Inners and not the super unique resealable Dragon Shields so I can at least try regular ones first. Worst case scenario I just have to spend a little bit more money on sleeves which in the long run is cheaper than replacing a bunch of high value cards. I would know, considering I didn’t actually have any sleeves until around 2 years into my Yugioh career. My first Yuya Starter Deck cards are crying out in pain from all the damage they have :(

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
Come to think about it, life feels repetitive for me.

I need something dramatically new in my life.

Hopefully things get better so I can do these new things.
I hear ya. Online school really just isn't the same as in person, and most of my friends don't want to hang out for fear of a second wave of COVID. I'm sure it'll get better over time, but right now I'm just taking it one day at a time. Thank God for my friends here and on Discord, or else I wouldn't be in a favorable place mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom