• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We’re getting Kang the Conqueror that’s pretty hype:
Just happy to hear that Ant Man 3 is looking more or more becoming a thing. I feel the Ant Man movies are underrated within the MCU.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if this has been posted yet but we have an overview trailer for 3D All Stars now!
Nothing super super interesting, but one thing to note is that Mario Sunshine and 64 are still running at 30fps, and aside from 64 the other two are running at 1060P resolution, with 64 being the odd one out at 720p. Really it's pretty likely that the textures and additional side content are the only new things here which would be a damn shame if it's true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Not sure if this has been posted yet but we have an overview trailer for 3D All Stars now!
Nothing super super interesting, but one thing to note is that Mario Sunshine and 64 are still running at 30fps, and aside from 64 the other two are running at 1060P resolution, with 64 being the odd one out at 720p. Really it's pretty likely that the textures and additional side content are the only new things here which would be a damn shame if it's true.
Honestly I'm not really bothered at the lack of new content. For me it is playing Mario Galaxy on the go plus the games will do me a while. I did have a backup game in case the order didn't go through but as much as I wanted THPS remakes, the rumours of a Switch port has made me hold it off.

Now I just need to think of what to do when I get my copy and some prick tries to buy it off me right there and then.

Also my phone scared me with the SD Card, its fine now and I didn't lose anything but I made a backup of it all.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Should be thinking of when I use my remaining vacation days off work. I got 10 days more to use by the end of May and I'm slowly feeling burnt out.

Dutch Raikuna

So I have done some story work tonight. Might show later as my craving of The Outer Worlds is growing.

Getting yourself to do something is like rowing a boat or something, it's hard to start but once you get momentum it works and it gets easy.

Can I offer you some wholesome Squids in this trying time?
Catch of the day? Very nice. I should go on a fanart hunt later.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I voice for this FNAF fangame called Animator's Hell. One of the characters I voice is frequently memed since he sounds like Alastor, apparently. Someone drew this for me and I LOVE IT YES
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bruuuuuuuh, I'm finally learning how to use Royal Guard to a...not great level, but still, I'm able to use it here and there, AND IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME!! :D

I also got every style to lvl2 (and yes, Royal Guard is much easier to use when you can use it in the air, especially if you use the invicibility frame on the jump to make the timing of block less strict), and while I still dies on bosses & lots of strong enemies, I think I'm finally getting the flow of the game, and i'm only halfway through it I think.

'can't wait to face Vergil II!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Me: "Alright, time to wake up for the day."

turns on Disney Music playlist

Playlist: "Let it go! Let it go-"

Me: "I can't tAKE THIS ANYMOOO-O-OOORE!!"
Me: secretly hides the good Disney songs out of pure spite and evilness
This is official
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Paper Luigi dead y'all let's move on

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
is ther a better way to get popular that Isniyt drawing because I canyt draw
Just draw. And keep drawing, and draw and draw and draw until you start realizing the flaws in your work, then tackle those flaws head-on. Don't be afraid to check out tutorials online as well. But don't strive for perfection, either, because otherwise, you'll find yourself having a complex about yourself. I've been at it for six years, and even then I consider myself as being at a high school sophomore level.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

If you can't draw, writing is always an option as what I have learned. I've worked on a few things but I'm getting there on my story thanks to a few people here.

It takes a while to find your footing on what arts you want to do. Experiment on them all and see what's best.

Edit: Photography is another one in a way for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

just draw! :terryhat: That’s how I learned. Well.. more specifically, every day I just did a random doodle of whatever came into my head, bad or no. After a couple weeks of that I started coloring, and while I’m still not exactly where I want to be, at the same time, I’m also no longer in the “I can’t draw for ****” boat anymore.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just draw. And keep drawing, and draw and draw and draw until you start realizing the flaws in your work, then tackle those flaws head-on. Don't be afraid to check out tutorials online as well. But don't strive for perfection, either, because otherwise, you'll find yourself having a complex about yourself. I've been at it for six years, and even then I consider myself as being at a high school sophomore level.
Im sick of people going "Just draw" what do you think im been tyring tyo do for 26 years

Dutch Raikuna

Im sick of people going "Just draw" what do you think im been tyring tyo do for 26 years
Like I said, doesn't hurt to experiment with another art. Photography, writing, painting etc.

I'd be interested in seeing what you draw as I'm sure many others would.

It's not the end of the world. I wish I had that talent of a few here but I've found my fit in creative writing.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've seen the following top 15 best movies of all time according to imdb:

Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back
Godfather part 1
Godfather part 2
Schindler's List
Shawshank Redemption
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Inception
Forrest Gump
Dark Knight

and finally...
12 Angry Men
I've now seen all 15 of the top 15 of all time for movies on imdb. I feel accomplished lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Like I said, doesn't hurt to experiment with another art. Photography, writing, painting etc.

I'd be interested in seeing what you draw as I'm sure many others would.

It's not the end of the world. I wish I had that talent of a few here but I've found my fit in creative writing.
Im like hajime in danganronpa 2, I aint got no talents. 26 years of crap that looks like a 5 year olds fride drawing pf

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly? just trying to draw is probably the easiest way to learn how to. Really the hardest part for me was actually making myself draw: because I knew it was gonna look like ****. But what did I do? Well.. exactly that. I drew, even when I myself knew it wouldn't turn out the way I wanted. Simply put.. you just gotta go beyond your own limits, your own comfort zone, so to speak. Can't learn to draw if you don't try drawing, y'know?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not enough drawing apparently :troll:

But seriously, there's plenty out there that do not approve of their own drawings/paintings even professional level masters of the craft. You are your own biggest critic. Focus on learning rather than creating a masterpiece. You'll appreciate it more, especially after noticing the difference between then and now and how far you've improved.

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who someone else is today.

So.....just draw.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
But seriously, there's plenty out there that do not approve of their own drawings/paintings even professional level masters of the craft. You are your own biggest critic. Focus on learning rather than creating a masterpiece. You'll appreciate it more, especially after noticing the difference between then and now and how far you've improved.
Pretty much this. From what I had learned from a variety of Youtube channels, I always intend to revisit some drawings to see how much I have improved. For example, I learned to draw Spider-Man from Disney's Youtube channel a couple of months ago which wasn't quite a masterpiece, but when I decide to try again, my drawing has improved.

Basically, just keep on practising and you'll get there eventually.

EDIT: Georges St. Pierre who was last seen as Batroc the Leaper during Captain America: The Winter Soldier makes a return in the Falcon and Winter Soldier TV show.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who someone else is today.

So.....just draw.
Comparing to other people is without a doubt one of the hardest things to get out of, I struggle with everyday to not compare myself to others. I'm 23 and have far from the best qualifications of what I want to do with my life, haven't done things other people have done my age and have a lot of health issues.

I'm trying though and really I've improved myself each day. It's easy not to feel you are and should make bigger risks but small steps is better than no steps. That's what I've realised with writing.

"10% is 100 times better than 0%" to sum it well is how to show it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom