• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm playing FFVII Remake and it's fun. I even like the battle system. My only complaint is about the forced walking sections which are EVERYWHERE. If I want to run around like a jack*** at inappropriate times that should be my choice.
Anyone else playing/played it? No spoilers; I've just gotten to the part in the church.
As a non PS4 owner I've watched walkthoughs of the game and I've noticed these sections you're talking about. The game is built on a very clear linear path that centers around it's story. Linearity isn't inherently a bad thing, especially for a story heavy game like FFVIIR, but I do agree that it's a little too much in this game from what I've seen.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wanted to play FFVII Remake but what I've heard of the changes to the story really turned me off from it.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, a centaur dragon... with lots and lots of missile launchers. My favorite kind of dragon! :grinch:
07fe3cc1a857051cd47274571c74ed90.jpg

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I wanted to play FFVII Remake but what I've heard of the changes to the story really turned me off from it.
As someone who has played both FFVII Remake and Xenoblade Definitive Edition, wanna know what game I think had the best changes?

Answer: Neither it's P5 Royal. I need to pick it up.

FFVII Remake had an interesting change with it's ending and a part of it I liked but others fell flat. Right now, I just want FFXVI the most from the series.

Xenoblade Definitive Edition changes were limited by it's budget but it tried and it made the most of it well.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not fully banking on Monster Hunter as the magazine's surprise game but we'll see.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's something they overhyped.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
As someone who has played both FFVII Remake and Xenoblade Definitive Edition, wanna know what game I think had the best changes?

Answer: Neither it's P5 Royal. I need to pick it up.
Fact.

What was once sitting in my top 20 games of all time is possibly in my top five now with Royal.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well.. his normal forms look more like a water dragon with hella guns.. it's his future Stride forms that go off the rails lol
View attachment 285554
Yeah...they really go quite overboard with those designs...I would rather draw Seath or Ridley, if I wanted to draw a more mechanical dragon. Just when I thought is Omega form was a nightmare to draw.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
D

Deleted member

Yeah...they really go quite overboard with those designs...I would rather draw Seath or Ridley, if I wanted to draw a more mechanical dragon. Just when I thought is Omega form was a nightmare to draw.
I dunno, I for one really like when Bushi really goes overboard with designs. Like this for example:
e77c8ce01bf8cf366f33fc8403f78c6ede8a02b1v2_hq.jpg

I mean, they're not my first choice for drawing either... but considering my familiarity with most of their designs they're actually not too bad. It's mainly just the finer.. real fine details that are super annoying.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Fact.

What was once sitting in my top 20 games of all time is possibly in my top five now with Royal.
So far only two games have truly impressed me this year.

Ghost of Tsushima and far above it, The Outer Worlds which is now one of my favourite games of all time.

If to make it as one saga then the Cold Steel games all together when IV comes out as few games get to see spend this much time with characters.

I regret somewhat of not getting Persona 5 Royal and really, I should have bought it over Sakura Wars.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team

Ghost of Tsushima and far above it, The Outer Worlds which is now one of my favourite games of all time.

If to make it as one saga then the Cold Steel games all together when IV comes out as few games get to see spend this much time with characters.

I regret somewhat of not getting Persona 5 Royal and really, I should have bought it over Sakura Wars.
You guys got games this year?
I was able to get my fix this year mainly just from Smash, BotW, the Sonic series and more recently SAGE 2020. I didn't get Tsushima, P5R, or Sekiro mainly because I've tried to like long single player open world games, and only a few have really stuck with me like BotW. Whenever I try to get caught up in those, I can almost never finish them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

THETIS LAKE MONSTER

Lost Tapes: "Thetis Lake Monster"
Subject matter: Thetis Lake Monster
Summary: A father and son fishing trip turns into horror when they find themselves being terrorized by a humanoid creature living in the lake.

D

Deleted member

You guys got games this year?
I was able to get my fix this year mainly just from Smash, BotW, the Sonic series and more recently SAGE 2020. I didn't get Tsushima, P5R, or Sekiro mainly because I've tried to like long single player open world games, and only a few have really stuck with me like BotW. Whenever I try to get caught up in those, I can almost never finish them.
I personally haven’t been playing much video games this year(pretty much just Animal Crossing and Botw and pretty sporatic at that) but I have my precious card game collection to keep me occupied for as long as I need to :waluigirose:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Alright, I've discussed this with my friends yesterday in a PM, I'm announcing that I'm temporarily departing from Smashboards for a while. It's been something I've been thinking about in my downtime and judging by some recent activity that has occured today, I think I'm making a good decision here.

There's some things in my life right now that I want to take care of, like trying to achieve my driver's license or taking a step back from unhealthy obssessions for the sake of my mental health. There's plenty of personal reasons for my decision other than the site being so uneventful in these past few weeks.

You all take care and keep pushing through this f**ked up year of 2020. Farewell for now...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
@NonSpecificGuy Rememeber the whole name change from Gods and Monsters to Immortals Fenyx Rising? It does suck, but apparently it had to do with Monster Energy (the drink) being "concerned" about possible confusion between the names to consumers:

Monster Energy's allegations sound pretty ridiculous to me (Like, do they think their consumers are THAT stupid?), and Ubisoft making the point of " there are many trademarks containing the word Monster, in a variety of categories, both internationally and federally. " makes sense, but, guess they just wanted to prevent any more trouble with that brand so they opted for the name change. Despite it sucking.
This is stupidity on level rivaling the time the Candy Crush developers tried to trademark the word "candy".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Master Roshi seems pretty interesting. I haven't seen too much of the new patch notes, but from what I heard, Trunks and Piccolo got buffed. And Goku's Protagonist 2M is slightly better after getting nerfed fairly hard.

D

Deleted member

Yes Morshu, I am in fact, the person speaking in this conversation toward the current recipient reading this paragraph, would like to acquire this item through an exchange of monetarily valued currency.

AndreaAC

I dunno, I for one really like when Bushi really goes overboard with designs. Like this for example:
View attachment 285556
I mean, they're not my first choice for drawing either... but considering my familiarity with most of their designs they're actually not too bad. It's mainly just the finer.. real fine details that are super annoying.
I am not saying they are not impressive, far from it, but I think for me personally it's a little bit too much in comparison to other designs I have seen over the years that I see as complex still, but these designs you are showing go off the rails. They have so many elements and details that is hard to keep track to where to even look at.

Alright, I've discussed this with my friends yesterday in a PM, I'm announcing that I'm temporarily departing from Smashboards for a while. It's been something I've been thinking about in my downtime and judging by some recent activity that has occured today, I think I'm making a good decision here.

There's some things in my life right now that I want to take care of, like trying to achieve my driver's license or taking a step back from unhealthy obssessions for the sake of my mental health. There's plenty of personal reasons for my decision other than the site being so uneventful in these past few weeks.

You all take care and keep pushing through this f**ked up year of 2020. Farewell for now...
Take a lot of care, and good luck. :)

his is stupidity on level rivaling the time the Candy Crush developers tried to trademark the word "candy".
Or when the "Fine Brothers" or whatever they are called tried to trademark the word "React".

xD What the hell is wrong with some people.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Call me biased if you must but Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is still my game of the year by default since it's my favorite game ever and for how much my experience with the 3DS version means to me (wasn't fortunate enough to have the Wii version when it released). Don't get me wrong; I wish they could've done a bit more with the visuals and gameplay enhancements too, and Future Connected was a fun, albeit somewhat disappointing epilogue chapter, but I enjoyed almost every second of my revisit nonetheless and playing Xenoblade just makes me feel, well...happy lol.

D

Deleted member

I am not saying they are not impressive, far from it, but I think for me personally it's a little bit too much in comparison to other designs I have seen over the years that I see as complex still, but these designs you are showing go off the rails. They have so many elements and details that is hard to keep track to where to even look at.
Eh. I find it's usually pretty easy to spot the main details, especially when the whole art is actually on the card with all the text on it, so most of the art is obscured anyway. But I can understand not knowing where to look for someone unfamiliar with Bushi's art and how each clan is aesthetically designed(Gear Chronicle has alot of units with gears on their arms or part of their bodies, Gold Paladin has a bunch of units with animal-inspired armor, etc) so it's fine.

AndreaAC

Eh. I find it's usually pretty easy to spot the main details, especially when the whole art is actually on the card with all the text on it, so most of the art is obscured anyway. But I can understand not knowing where to look for someone unfamiliar with Bushi's art and how each clan is aesthetically designed(Gear Chronicle has alot of units with gears on their arms or part of their bodies, Gold Paladin has a bunch of units with animal-inspired armor, etc) so it's fine.
If it was a bigger resolution, maybe there would be no problem, but considering how small the artwork is actually presented, you have to squint your eyes. It might be not always the case, but I feel it that way personally.

D

Deleted member

If it was a bigger resolution, maybe there would be no problem, but considering how small the artwork is actually presented, you have to squint your eyes. It might be not always the case, but I feel it that way personally.
wait what are you reading on? The images I keep on posting should be way bigger than my avatar pic and not lo rez going by my screen.
Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 7.44.58 PM.png

AndreaAC

Thanks! He's my favorite in the series. Truly great, and the main reason I really want to start reading the IDW comics.
:3 Oh yeah, he's my all time favorite Sonic character too. Second being Blaze. I wish I could get to read the IDW comics, really, mainly because of him. I used to read a fan comic long ago (It has the title Ghosts of the Future), made by one of the people that works on those comics, her name is Evan Stanley. I think she also created some original characters for the comics after she got hired after some competition was ran. Which is amazing.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I was bored today, so I made this. Luckily the original comic artist gave me permission to dub it.
Tagging Metal Shop X Metal Shop X and Aurane Aurane because haha FNAF. Wademan94 Wademan94 Maybe you'd like this too? It is voice over.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
:3 Oh yeah, he's my all time favorite Sonic character too. Second being Blaze. I wish I could get to read the IDW comics, really, mainly because of him. I used to read a fan comic long ago (It has the title Ghost of the Future), made by one of the people that works on those comics, her name is Evan Stanley. I think she also created some original characters for the comics after she got hired after some competition was ran. Which is amazing.
Blaze is also really cool-but I've never played the Rush games, so I'm sure if I did I'd appreciate her more. With IDW I just need to wait for a good jumping on point-I really don't want to sit through issues 1-31.
Edit: not like i could afford that many at once either lol

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welp...seems my landlady is looking to sell the house.

Time for the inevitable rabbit hole of looking for a new place.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What are some of your favorite old video game commercials? This one in particular has always stuck with me.
Definitely this one.
It's so stupid it's good.

AndreaAC

Blaze is also really cool-but I've never played the Rush games, so I'm sure if I did I'd appreciate her more. With IDW I just need to wait for a good jumping on point-I really don't want to sit through issues 1-31.
Edit: not like i could afford that many at once either lol
XD If I had to be honest, I haven't played any Sonic games in ages, I only did with the classics one since childhood, but I wasn't someone that got consoles recently, specially not the ones that had those games, let it be handheld or home console.
12.png

I am an artist, and even if I didn't get the chance to play the games myself, I still try my best to do my research and whatnot. If I am lucky enough, I might get the chance to play those games later on.

xD Silver is a very special case, because it was a time where one of my little cousins was a hardcore Sonic fan, and I used to like Tails, but later on I moved to like Amy and then Shadow, and after that Silver came into the picture and slowly but surely won my heart. I really liked his story, and since Blaze was part of it, that's how I got to know more about her. And well...I also became a Silvaze shipper. x'D So, yeah, it was around 2006 that I became slowly but surely a fan of his character despite the backlash. Even to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom